What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Miles Sanders, CAR (2 Viewers)

Miles Sanders (hip) was limited in Wednesday's practice.​

Sanders earned the bulk of Philly's running back touches last week but did little with the volume. He turned his 15 carries into 46 scoreless yards. Sanders has cemented himself as the lead-back for the Eagles, but Jalen Hurts is the top runner. Assuming he makes it through the rest of the week without any issues, Sanders will be an RB2 for Week 4.
Sep 28, 2022, 4:38 PM ET

Miles Sanders rushed 18 times for 71 yards and a touchdown in the Eagles' Week 6 win over the Cowboys, adding one reception for one additional yard.​

Sanders handled 18 of the team's 29 running back carries in a night that saw the team cruise to an early 20-0, second quarter lead. The insane 60.1% rush rate highlighted the positive game script for the Eagles, but the overall efficiency was lacking against one of the best defenses in the league. The 291 total yards of offense fell well short of Philadelphia's year-to-date average of 420 yards. Sanders and the Eagles head into their bye week sitting at a perfect 6-0, after which they welcome the rebuilding Steelers.
Oct 16, 2022, 11:36 PM ET

Miles Sanders rushed 12 times for 54 yards in the Eagles' Week 10 loss to the Commanders.​

The Eagles were down by eight points by halftime and ultimately received their first loss in this game, robbing them of the chance to establish their normally dominant ground game. Sanders had topped 70 yards in three of his previous four contests heading into Week 10. Despite the loss, Philly will be large favorites over the Colts in Week 11. Sanders will look to secure a bigger workload and rebound with RB2 numbers next week.
Nov 15, 2022, 12:37 AM ET

Miles Sanders rushed 17 times for 90 yards in the Eagles' Divisional Round win over the Giants.​

Sanders received the bulk of the work in the first half save a now-standard Boston Scott touchdown vulture. He gave way to Kenneth Gainwell for the majority of the second half after the Eagles went into the break up 28-0, coasting to the rare playoff blowout win. Sanders could see more consistent work in the NFC Championship game should the game remain closer throughout.
Jan 22, 2023, 12:34 AM ET

Miles Sanders rushed 11 times for 42 yards and two touchdowns in the Eagles' NFC Championship Game victory over the 49ers, adding a three-yard reception.​

Sanders' fourth two-touchdown game of the season was his first since Week 14. Excellent if you played Sanders in DFS, though he continued to bleed touches to backups Kenneth Gainwell and Boston Scott, including in the red zone. Gainwell actually out-carried Sanders 14-11, while Scott found the end zone. It is worth noting that most of Gainwell's work came in clock-killing mode. Sanders will be a volatile option for Super Bowl LVII.
Jan 29, 2023, 7:50 PM ET

Miles Sanders rushed seven times for 16 scoreless yards in the Eagles' Super Bowl LVII loss to the Chiefs.​

As usual, Sanders was held without a reception. Playing in the final year of his rookie contract, Sanders finally arrived as a legitimate No. 1 back, placing fifth in rushing (1,269) and eighth in ground scores (11). That was even as he continually lost goal-line looks to Kenneth Gainwell and Boston Scott, to say nothing of “goal-line back” Jalen Hurts. Sanders also continued to occasionally confound with poor decisions and angles, sometimes drawing the ire of coach Nick Sirianni. That still can’t distract from what was a genuine lead back campaign, one that is going to make 26-year-old (in May) Sanders an interesting case in free agency. The franchise tag is a reasonable $10.091 million for running backs, but the Eagles could decide to quit while they are ahead with Sanders after the uneven first three years of his career. A return to Philly would make Sanders a high-end RB2 who would probably be your RB1 more weeks than you would care to admit.
Feb 12, 2023, 10:37 PM ET

20. Another running back departure, as two sources told me they expect the Eagles to part ways with Miles Sanders. They really like Kenneth Gainwell in his third down passing role but that's about it. One thing that was interesting was both sources told me the “running back by committee” approach that Philly used the last couple of seasons was more about a lack of confidence in Sanders handling a massive workload, both from a health point of view and concerns on fumbling. If Philly were to land a “star running back” from the draft (like if they somehow wound up with Bijan Robinson) they would ride that guy in a big way. In other words, a RBBC is not Sirianni's preferred way to deploy running backs but rather what he felt he had to do given who they had on the roster.

Welp, that's a gonna be a pretty big downgrade into at best low-end RB2 territory. I know its a new coaching staff, but I'm mildly surprised they didn't just bring back Foreman. Feels like Sanders and Hubbard are pretty similar skill sets. Don't like or hate the move.

Sanders and Reich didn't overlap in Philly, but he'll still have offensive familiarity on his side.

Any news on his deal? Can't find numbers just that it's 3 years.
No updates on that yet but I'm guessing it's less then Montgomery got who right now has landed the best FA contract and it's really 2 years for 11M and up to $12M if he plays all 34 games the next two years.

My experience is when you don't see the numbers listed about what they signed for, it's not great news for the player.

No updates on that yet but I'm guessing it's less then Montgomery got who right now has landed the best FA contract and it's really 2 years for 11M and up to $12M if he plays all 34 games the next two years.

My experience is when you don't see the numbers listed about what they signed for, it's not great news for the player.
Probably 3/10 ish.

Probably 3/10 ish.
Shefter is saying it's a 4 year deal.

I'm thinking no guarantees after first two years and he'll make about $8m those first two years. It might look like a 4/15-16M contract but it's really 2/8. That's my guess, all I know is it's apparently 4 years.

RB market is so rough right now.

I think it’s a good landing spot for him - wasn’t Reich his OC in Philly or had he left by then?
I think it's ok and to me for what he brings to the table at least as good as Philly, unless they draft Richardson.

Frank is 100% a RBBC guy and it took greatness from Taylor to get him out of that and it was still not easy for him. So in no way do I not see this being a RBBC. But Sanders should lead it, should have a chance to catch more passes and not have the QB huff up all the TD's is why I like it for him over Philly, even if the running lanes won't be as wide.

I think it’s a good landing spot for him - wasn’t Reich his OC in Philly or had he left by then?
I think it's ok and to me for what he brings to the table at least as good as Philly, unless they draft Richardson.

Frank is 100% a RBBC guy and it took greatness from Taylor to get him out of that and it was still not easy for him. So in no way do I not see this being a RBBC. But Sanders should lead it, should have a chance to catch more passes and not have the QB huff up all the TD's is why I like it for him over Philly, even if the running lanes won't be as wide.
I can see them signing back Foreman to your RBBC point. It was a different regime but he played very well last year and they could complement each other.

uhh what? Zero chance, we're got 4 rbs already.
I am not really in the mindset to pair any players with any teams, and it's not a need, but the Eagles don't have any special RBs.

I think one can make a good argument that there isn't a player more likely to help them win a ring in the 2nd half of the first round this year.

I am not really in the mindset to pair any players with any teams, and it's not a need, but the Eagles don't have any special RBs.

I think one can make a good argument that there isn't a player more likely to help them win a ring in the 2nd half of the first round this year.
in the 2nd half? Like meaning they'll get him at pick 30? I doubt he drops that far.
Scott and Gainwell are already locks to make the team. Penny should as well as we just signed him. I'd be totally blown away if Philly takes Bijon.

Can’t think of a better landing spot for Sanders shareholders. Gotta be thrilled even if they do retain Foreman (report 2 days ago that they extended him an offer)

Panthers ran well last year after CMC release. Good pickup for them for sure.

Panthers ran well last year after CMC release

I was initially heartened by that thought, but new coach new system.

I doubt they bring Foreman back now. They've got Sanders, Hubbard, Blackshear. I guess Foreman makes four, but I'm interested to see what Foreman's market is like.
Well, there’s at least the knowledge that rookie QB often = emphasis on the run game. And it’s not like Reich doesn’t have a history of productive RB.

I’d still be optimistic. Unless they add Foreman.

Probably 3/10 ish.
We are way off but I want to look at structure to see what the deal really is but it's $25m over 4 years.

Literally 0% chance Eagles take a RB in the first round. If hese there in the 3rd, maybe.

Probably 3/10 ish.
We are way off but I want to look at structure to see what the deal really is but it's $25m over 4 years.
wow that's expensive. No chance philly was paying him close to that.

Literally 0% chance Eagles take a RB in the first round. If hese there in the 3rd, maybe.
Especially with Penny now in the cuts there.
If he can stay healthy, haha
But he's great when he plays
$1M I think I saw, dirt cheap

$13m guaranteed. Still need to see structure to break it down but he for sure has so far passed Monty as the FA RB winner. My guess is he'll come in close to Montgomery in APY, get a little more money to help him see the third year of his deal then Monty will.

$13m guaranteed. Still need to see structure to break it down but he for sure has so far passed Monty as the FA RB winner. My guess is he'll come in close to Montgomery in APY, get a little more money to help him see the third year of his deal then Monty will.
Given the lackluster talent at WR, he may be very valuable in PPR. That was his calling card coming into the league and while he had struggles in the passing game after his rookie year, I could see that being utilized.

Given the lackluster talent at WR, he may be very valuable in PPR. That was his calling card coming into the league and while he had struggles in the passing game after his rookie year, I could see that being utilized.
Good call and The Athletic Panther's beat writer already put out his puff piece touting his passing game usage as a big factor and reminding he caught 50 his one year with Staley.

Good call and The Athletic Panther's beat writer already put out his puff piece touting his passing game usage as a big factor and reminding he caught 50 his one year with Staley.
With Stroud dumping off to him it could be very productive for both players.

Provided Sanders rediscovers his receiving ways. Some of that was on the Eagles though.

Users who are viewing this thread