What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Myles Gaskin, MIN (1 Viewer)

Picked him up in dynasty off the wire last year, tried to sell, couldn’t get value so decided to just run with him. Then today, I get offered Odell Beckham Jnr for him. Leaning towards saying no tbh, the positional scarcity for usable RBs is just so much higher than at WR. 

Picked him up in dynasty off the wire last year, tried to sell, couldn’t get value so decided to just run with him. Then today, I get offered Odell Beckham Jnr for him. Leaning towards saying no tbh, the positional scarcity for usable RBs is just so much higher than at WR. 

Crazy but I'm not sure I'd do it. I think it's going to be clear pretty early that this three-headed RBBC is overblown. I expect Gaskin to be the main guy. I posted earlier, but his stats where he was healthy he performed like a RB1. As the Flores quote above says, he can be a three-down back. And I fully expect him to be a RB1 this week vs. NE. He killed them last year. I've got him in with confidence over JRob and Mike Davis.

I'm optimistic he is going to be a pleasant surprise for many dynasty teams this year.

I would jump all over this before Gaskin turns back into a pumpkin. If Beckham has a big game in the first month of the season, he should net you a more reliable RB in return if you want to take your profits.

tombonneau said:
Crazy but I'm not sure I'd do it. I think it's going to be clear pretty early that this three-headed RBBC is overblown. I expect Gaskin to be the main guy. I posted earlier, but his stats where he was healthy he performed like a RB1. As the Flores quote above says, he can be a three-down back. And I fully expect him to be a RB1 this week vs. NE. He killed them last year. I've got him in with confidence over JRob and Mike Davis.

I'm optimistic he is going to be a pleasant surprise for many dynasty teams this year.
He was out for game 2 against NE, it was Ahmed who went for 100+

In game 1 he had 9 rushes 40yds, 4 receptions 26yds  

tombonneau said:

Wow! This is interesting. Not saying you're wrong, but most (including myself) have JRob well ahead of Gaskin and probably Davis too.

Guess we'll have to wait for the big reveal on Sunday. 😉

tangfoot said:
I would jump all over this before Gaskin turns back into a pumpkin. If Beckham has a big game in the first month of the season, he should net you a more reliable RB in return if you want to take your profits.
I'd trade Gaskin for Beckham but even if Beckham strings a few good games together I don't know you'd be able to get a better RB back for him. Good starting RBs are really tough to nab in most leagues. I know I'd have trouble. 

He was out for game 2 against NE, it was Ahmed who went for 100+

In game 1 he had 9 rushes 40yds, 4 receptions 26yds  
Wow that really is all his stats were in game 1 vs them? Must have just been my perception as a Pats fan that he seemed to light them up for a nice gain whenever I noticed him. Maybe I was conflating that game with Ahmed's big game. Either way I still have him in. :)

Wow! This is interesting. Not saying you're wrong, but most (including myself) have JRob well ahead of Gaskin and probably Davis too.

Guess we'll have to wait for the big reveal on Sunday. 😉
I am a huge JRob truther, but IMO playing him is a huge wild card in week 1. Lord know what Urban has planned for his RB usage. I'm much more confident in Gaskin's workload. (Famous last words ....)

Man I’m rolling Jrob over Gaskin week 1 easily. I like Gaskin a lot. But Jrob should pound away all day on Houston. Regardless of the Meyer factor. I think there’s more an inkling of doubt about Gaskins usage than Jrob’s. And Jrob has the far easier matchup.

Man I’m rolling Jrob over Gaskin week 1 easily. I like Gaskin a lot. But Jrob should pound away all day on Houston. Regardless of the Meyer factor. I think there’s more an inkling of doubt about Gaskins usage than Jrob’s. And Jrob has the far easier matchup.
100% my thinking as well.

I'd trade Gaskin for Beckham but even if Beckham strings a few good games together I don't know you'd be able to get a better RB back for him. Good starting RBs are really tough to nab in most leagues. I know I'd have trouble. 
Perhaps you're making the mistake of thinking of Gaskin as a good running back.

Myles Gaskin rushed nine times for 23 yards in the Dolphins' Week 1 win over the Patriots, adding five receptions for 27 additional yards. 

Gaskin was the Dolphins' clear No. 1 back, leading in touches and playing more than 50 percent of the snaps, but he handled just 9-of-23 carries with Malcolm Brown and Salvon Ahmed both tallying five. Pro Football Focus charted him as being on the field for 29-of-54 plays. Not ruinous, but that also would not be enough for consistent RB2 value. We are at least starting out with a committee, but neither Brown nor Ahmed did anything to make a push for the top spot. Gaskin will be a high-floor FLEX option for Week 2 against the Bills.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just don't know what to make of him.  Seems like he'll have the odd monster game but then there will ones like this where the game script just destroys him

-QG

Not with the limited usage and likely not getting gl carries.  
To be fair, there have only been a few carries inside the 5 - one of them Tua ran in. But I don't think Gaskin was on the field in those few situations anyway. My guess is that he would be pulled for Brown if/when they get that close.

I guess Gaskin's value can be propped up a bit with receptions in PPR leagues, but as you say, the volume sure doesn't seem to be there regardless.

Last edited by a moderator:
The OL is somehow worse than last year (or at least, worse than the 2nd half of the season least year). There were warning signals out of Miami camp that that may be the case. 

I think the RB snaps will start to skew more toward Gaskin as the season progresses, kind of like last year. But it's a bad offense and i don't think he'll be startable except in full PPR, and that only if Tua comes back looking good. 

I don't get it. This team is absolute clownshoes. I can't drop him yet but I ain't starting him again... unless and until.

lucky to get the win despite Gaskin emergency start. He clearly passes eyeball test as their best RB so not sure what is going on. A true RBBC wasteland I guess. 

lucky to get the win despite Gaskin emergency start. He clearly passes eyeball test as their best RB so not sure what is going on. A true RBBC wasteland I guess. 
Same.   But I'm dropping him.   Miami sucks and I can't see starting him or any rb from Miami again until they show multiple good games

Myles Gaskin rushed two times for three yards in the Dolphins' Week 4 loss to the Colts.

Gaskin watched from the sidelines as Malcolm Brown totaled eight carries and Salvon Ahmed earned three rushes. Ceding work to Brown has been the norm for Gaskin this year but he also failed to see a target after seeing 16 looks in the passing game in his first three outings of the year. Brown and Ahmed combined for three targets. Miami couldn't mount much of an offense but Gaskins' role is the bigger concern. If he isn't involved as a receiver going forward, he'll be dusted for fantasy purposes. He's an easy stay-away in a grueling matchup with the Bucs next week.

I'm wondering how much the beleaguered OL of the Dolphins is playing into the usage of Gaskin vis-a-vis Brown, with Malcolm known as one of the better blocking RBs in the game.   

So he wasn't injured? I looked at the box score and just assumed that. 

How could he not be more involved? 

I hate the Dolphins. I finally got tired of them never using Gaskin inexplicably and cut him and of course now they finally seemed to have realized for a week that he is valuable. 

I hate the Dolphins. I finally got tired of them never using Gaskin inexplicably and cut him and of course now they finally seemed to have realized for a week that he is valuable. 
Did the same.  Doesn't bother me.   You can't trust his usage week to week

Myles Gaskin rushed five times for 25 yards and caught all 10 of his targets for 74 yards and two touchdowns in the Dolphins' Week 5 loss to the Bucs.

A week after getting just two carries and seeing zero targets in the passing game, Gaskin handled 5-of-7 backfield carries and led Miami in receiving. He beat Jason Pierre-Paul for a 24-yard touchdown catch in the first half and then caught a one-yarder after the break to account for the Dolphins' only touchdowns. Gaskin was Jacoby Brissett's safety valve a number of times under intense pressure. Malcolm Brown didn't record a touch in this one, pointing to Miami possibly leaning back in Gaskin's direction as the backfield leader. Gaskin how has 22 catches on the year and gets a date with the Jaguars in Week 6.

Oct 10, 2021, 4:11 PM ET

Did the same as Mitchell was available...may still have a chance to get him back.  And may need him now that Barkley is hurt (and lost Golladay too)

Good player who should be used like the Pats use James White...if they had taken Javonte Williams in the draft they would have a real nice backfield right now and for the foreseeable future. 

Started him 2 weeks ago for 0.3 points.  Dropped him- he scores 31.9 pts on the wire.  Picked him back up and started him again today.  Would appear he may be getting at least the rest of the first half off.

mother ####er 

Started him 2 weeks ago for 0.3 points.  Dropped him- he scores 31.9 pts on the wire.  Picked him back up and started him again today.  Would appear he may be getting at least the rest of the first half off.

mother ####er 
He’s back out there… but Tua looks like he can’t throw to RBs. Both targets to Gaskin were junk.

Myles Gaskin rushed five times for nine yards in Week 6 against Jacksonville.

Gaskin started and played 36% of snaps. Malcolm Brown (36%) outrushed Gaskin, while Salvon Ahmed (27%) led the backfield with seven carries. The Dolphins never established the run despite a first-half lead and dialed up 47 pass plays for Tua Tagovailoa in his first game back. Gaskin wasn't involved as a receiver a week after going off for 10 catches, 74 yards, and two touchdowns in a loss to the Colts. Even with a plus matchup, none of Miami's running backs can be started with confidence against the Falcons in Week 7.

Oct 17, 2021, 1:54 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread