What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Nick Chubb, CLE (2 Viewers)

Drafting from the 2-slot in a 14-team, non-PPR league tomorrow night. Would I be crazy to take Chubb at No. 2 regardless of who goes first? I really don't like taking WRs in the first round, especially in larger leagues. I find I much prefer having the second-round WRs (Higgins, Metcalf, Olave) as my WR1 to having the second-round RBs (Etienne, Rhamondre, Mixon) as my RB1.

So then it comes down to Chubb vs McCaffrey or Ekeler. If it's PPR, no doubt he's a distant third. But for standard, I see them as much closer. (In that league last year, they finished as RB4-5, with McCaffrey scoring less than 1 PPG more, even with the Cleveland offense cratering down the stretch. Ekeler was RB3 largely on the strength of his TDs).

Plus there's the fact that I already took McCaffrey in a draft last night. I don't actively avoid taking the same studs across leagues, but if it's a close call, I'm going to use diversification as a tiebreaker.

So what do you guys think? Am I nuts?

Drafting from the 2-slot in a 14-team, non-PPR league tomorrow night. Would I be crazy to take Chubb at No. 2 regardless of who goes first? I really don't like taking WRs in the first round, especially in larger leagues. I find I much prefer having the second-round WRs (Higgins, Metcalf, Olave) as my WR1 to having the second-round RBs (Etienne, Rhamondre, Mixon) as my RB1.

So then it comes down to Chubb vs McCaffrey or Ekeler. If it's PPR, no doubt he's a distant third. But for standard, I see them as much closer. (In that league last year, they finished as RB4-5, with McCaffrey scoring less than 1 PPG more, even with the Cleveland offense cratering down the stretch. Ekeler was RB3 largely on the strength of his TDs).

Plus there's the fact that I already took McCaffrey in a draft last night. I don't actively avoid taking the same studs across leagues, but if it's a close call, I'm going to use diversification as a tiebreaker.

Not crazy at all. I think Chubb has a great chance of finishing as the top RB in non-PPR.

Allow me to take the easy part of this question first ("Am I nuts?"): Of course. 😝 I guess all of us in here are a bit nuts!

Chubb at 1.02? Chubb is in the conversation, but in PPR, it is absolutely Ekeler. In standard, I have no problem with Chubb at 1.02. With Hunt gone, I expect Chubb to be one of the closest sure things going. Neither Strong nor Ford will likely be anything more than occasional breather-relief for Chubb, so we may see Chubb more involved as a pass catcher.

Nick Chubb rushed 18 times for 106 yards in the Browns’ Week 1 win over the Bengals, adding four catches for 26 yards.

With Deshaun Watson struggling in this game, the Browns leaned on Chubb to be the engine of their offense. He paced Cleveland in receptions by reeling in all four of his targets. In the past three years, Chubb has caught more than three passes in a game just twice. If he comes close to catching four passes per game in 2023, Chubb will crush his career-high in every receiving category. It will also make it easy for him to crack the top five at his position in fantasy points. Chubb will look to keep things rolling in Week 2 against the Steelers.

- Rotoworld

Horrible. Not exactly pleased how minkah hit him ...
That's what I'm saying, there was a play earlier in the game where Fitz threw a Cleveland WR to the ground that was totally unnecessary and I thought he's going to injure someone one of these plays and well there it is.
Just horrific I think less of him than I did this morning ... I hope there's some backlash but I kinda doubt it. You'd have to show the injury

this is what Chubb dodged the 1st time:
“When you see a knee hyperextend to that degree, rarely do you see that injury only result in a ligamentous injury,” said Dr. Mark Adickes, an orthopedic surgeon and former NFL offensive lineman. “Typically, an injury like that damages the peroneal nerve, which makes it so you can no longer lift your foot up.”
I don't think he's that lucky now. That hit was straight on the knee and IMHO a BS dirty hit.

Nah, McGahee isn’t the comp. It’s Marcus Lattimore. Willis was head on, Lattimore had the same side angle with multiple ligament tears and dislocation. Sean Livingston in the NBA also.

Sadly I think it pretty much ends his career. At least as we knew him. Real shame. Nothing but respect for Chubb.

Users who are viewing this thread