What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Nick Chubb, CLE (3 Viewers)

Any recent dynasty trades for Chubb? Rebuilding team and looking to move him.
About two weeks ago in a FFPC league of mine someone gave Chubb and 4.8 for 1.7.

In another FFPC league someone listed him as available for a trade and eventually offered me Chubb and a 2024 third round pick for Pickens and 2.4. I passed and so far he's not been able to move him.

I gave up 1.12/Sutton for Chubb on a contender a few weeks ago.
I have a team where I need a RB and might offer pick 1.08.

In startups so far (non superflex) it looks like Chubb is going around pick 42. This is before the 4th rookie is off the board. Startup value and regular existing league trade value don't always correlate super well though.

I gave up 1.12/Sutton for Chubb on a contender a few weeks ago.
I have a team where I need a RB and might offer pick 1.08.

In startups so far (non superflex) it looks like Chubb is going around pick 42. This is before the 4th rookie is off the board. Startup value and regular existing league trade value don't always correlate super well though.
It’s not a move I make routinely. But this team is loaded at WR and ready to win it. I had no RBs with the exception of the 1.01. I figured Chubb should be a consistent producer to go with Bijan and whoever else I decide to trade for.

Can anyone explain to me how Chubb is not in the top ten? I know it’s fantasy rankings, but I would think he’s top ten?

Surprising, yes, but believable. Other than Stevenson and maybe Pollard, is there any back on that list that you would say "no way he outperforms Chubb this year"?
I don’t disagree to say many on this list can outperform him and maybe it is my homerism and rose tinted glasses I am looking through, but I think it is much more likely to say he is a top ten fantasy back then he is not. We will see.

Chubb had 12 rushing TDs last year, 0 after Deshaun Watson returned. He ran for over 100 yards 7 times, only once after Deshaun Watson returned.

In Deshaun's 3 full years starting in Houston, the top backs were:
2018 - Lamar Miller, 210 Carries for 973 Rushing yards, 5 Rushing TDs
2019 - Carlos Hyde, 245 Carries for 1070 Rushing yards, 6 Rushing TDs
2020 - David Johnson, 147 Carries for 691 Rushing yards, 6 Rushing TDs

I think Nick Chubb talent wise is a top 3-5 back but I think there are legitimate reasons to wonder if Chubb will be a top fantasy back with a full year of Deshaun at QB.

Last edited:
Chubb had 12 rushing TDs last year, 0 after Desean Watson returned. He ran for over 100 yards 7 times, only once after Desean Watson returned.

In Desean's 3 full years starting in Houston, the top backs were:

I think Nick Chubb talent wise is a top 3-5 back but I think there are legitimate reasons to wonder if Chubb will be a top fantasy back with a full year of Desean at QB.
Those numbers from last season are not encouraging but it was rusty Deshaun.

I’m hoping that Deshaun has knocked the rust off and is back to being a top tier QB and that opens the field up for Chubb.

Chubb had 12 rushing TDs last year, 0 after Desean Watson returned. He ran for over 100 yards 7 times, only once after Desean Watson returned.

I think Nick Chubb talent wise is a top 3-5 back but I think there are legitimate reasons to wonder if Chubb will be a top fantasy back with a full year of Desean at QB.

I’m hoping that Deshaun has knocked the rust off and is back to being a top tier QB and that opens the field up for Chubb.
Chubb also averaged over 3 touches in the red zone in games before Deshaun and just over 1 in games with Deshaun. WR opportunities increased about .5 per game with Deshaun instead of Jacoby.

I hear you, a better Deshaun hopefully makes the entire pie larger, but it appears the philosophy changed away from Chubb quite a bit.

Chubb had 12 rushing TDs last year, 0 after Deshaun Watson returned. He ran for over 100 yards 7 times, only once after Deshaun Watson returned.

In Deshaun's 3 full years starting in Houston, the top backs were:

I think Nick Chubb talent wise is a top 3-5 back but I think there are legitimate reasons to wonder if Chubb will be a top fantasy back with a full year of Deshaun at QB.
Those guys were trash.
Deshaun wasn't acclimated. He will be. The line didn't forget how to block and Chubb didn't forget how to run.

Chubb also averaged over 3 touches in the red zone in games before Deshaun and just over 1 in games with Deshaun. WR opportunities increased about .5 per game with Deshaun instead of Jacoby.

I hear you, a better Deshaun hopefully makes the entire pie larger, but it appears the philosophy changed away from Chubb quite a bit.
They were also out of playoff contention for a while. Why get him killed?

The question was, explain why someone doesn't have Chubb in their top 10.

Look, I'll say again, Chubb is probably my favorite NFL player right now. I'm far from rooting for him to struggle. But there is no denying that his production went down, not up, when Deshaun showed up. Blame that on scheme, blame that on standings, blame that on Deshaun not playing up to par... ok I guess. But I think disregarding all of them, as well as the history of RBs who played with Deshaun is a mistake.

The question was, explain why someone doesn't have Chubb in their top 10.

Look, I'll say again, Chubb is probably my favorite NFL player right now. I'm far from rooting for him to struggle. But there is no denying that his production went down, not up, when Deshaun showed up. Blame that on scheme, blame that on standings, blame that on Deshaun not playing up to par... ok I guess. But I think disregarding all of them, as well as the history of RBs who played with Deshaun is a mistake.
I will absolutely disregard the history of the RBs. They were all trash

I just got an offer for the 1.07 for Chubb. Mulling it over, but probably will decline. I have a team that can compete but is getting pretty old. Don’t have much depth at RB. I do have the 1.08 already. Just feel like it would take more to get him now based on my team needs. He feels more valuable than the 1.07 short term.

I just got an offer for the 1.07 for Chubb. Mulling it over, but probably will decline. I have a team that can compete but is getting pretty old. Don’t have much depth at RB. I do have the 1.08 already. Just feel like it would take more to get him now based on my team needs. He feels more valuable than the 1.07 short term.
I can agree with you here. I am defending champ in my league, where I own Chubb and Barkley. If I were offered 1.7 for Chubb, as a contender I would scoff and turn it down. I would rather let Chubb die on my roster than give him away for the type of RB available at 1.7. I would hold, and if you are not in contention mid season, then try to trade Chubb to contender at that point for a 2024 first.

Chubb in PPG the last 4 years has been RB12, RB9, RB11, RB9 and he is now entering his age 28 season (albeit he turns 28 late in the season)

His overall finishes have been better because he's stayed healthy, and there is definitely some value to availability, but as great as he is as an NFL player he's never been a huge fantasy difference maker. I'm not sure what's outlandish about a guy being ranked around RB11 when he's turning 28 and his last four finishes in PPG were RB9 - RB12. Seems reasonable.

Hunt is finally gone but when Hunt has missed time the last few years it hasn't really helped Chubb anyway as they've just found some other random back to fill that role. They're just not going to give Chubb 50+ receptions whether Hunt is there or not.

Deshaun COULD open up the offense but that's a big IF, and even if he does it's still a toss-up as to how much that helps Chubb if they trust Deshaun to throw more in the redzone as opposed to force feeding Chubb there like they have in the past.

But bottom line, "guy that averages RB11 PPG finish is ranked RB11 this year" isn't an outlandish stunner headline imo.

I can agree with you here. I am defending champ in my league, where I own Chubb and Barkley. If I were offered 1.7 for Chubb, as a contender I would scoff and turn it down. I would rather let Chubb die on my roster than give him away for the type of RB available at 1.7. I would hold, and if you are not in contention mid season, then try to trade Chubb to contender at that point for a 2024 first.
I have Chubb and Henry. We can start up to 5 RBs if the roster allows. All I have behind those 2 are Gus Edwards and Michael Carter.

I have Chubb and Henry. We can start up to 5 RBs if the roster allows. All I have behind those 2 are Gus Edwards and Michael Carter.
I also have Chubb and Henry in 1 where we can start up to 4.

It's hard to get much of a bite on Henry. He's 29. He's got a ton of mileage. And no one wants to be seen as the guy that messed up and bought a 29 year old guy with little time left.
Chubb is 28. That extra year matters quite a bit. I don't think you have to rush and sell him for the 1.07. But I think you want to find a deal for him before the season is up.

I actually HATE the idea of anyone "dying on my roster." Dynasty is like a stock portfolio. You want to always be increasing it's value. If you know a stock is going to lose value, get out while the getting is good.

I actually HATE the idea of anyone "dying on my roster." Dynasty is like a stock portfolio. You want to always be increasing it's value. If you know a stock is going to lose value, get out while the getting is good.
It's only like a stock portfolio if you're not competing for the ship. If you want to win, you often have to make short/long term value sacrifices in order to get actual points. I'm perfectly fine holding a player who's perceived value is dropping if he's helping me win games.

Nick Chubb: ‘Most elusive’ running back in the NFL
... Pro Football Focus also ranked him as the most elusive back in the NFL. Instead of looking at speed or ability in the open field, PFF’s “elusive” uses a few metrics that we can agree fit Chubb very well:

Chubb is the only NFL running back to rank inside the top three at his position (minimum of 200 carries) in both missed tackles forced per attempt (0.21) and yards after contact per attempt (3.81) since 2021. He has been a top-10 running back in fantasy points per game in each of the past four seasons, having posted more than 4,000 yards after contact in that span. The 27-year-old Georgia product has shown no signs of slowing down, even earning the highest rushing grade of his career (90.7) in 2022.
Whether it is on the field or in fantasy football, Cleveland’s running back makes the most of his carries. Rarely does Chubb get stopped behind the line of scrimmage and he is almost always going forward when he does get tackled...

Similar situation here. Have Chubb and Henry and frankly wouldn't move either unless for a top 3 and that isn't happening. The dynasty team I have these guys on has won the last 4 championships and 5 of the past 10 years, due in large part to these RBs. I have been able to acquire depth at RB with some younger guys like Etienne and Stevenson, but we can play 3 RBs, so it is a huge luxury to have 3-4 top RBs and be able to play match-ups if need be.

I feel at 1.7 whoever you get there isn't a lock. For my team, I more comfortable rolling with Chubb and Henry until the wheels fall off and try to rebuild on the fly while staying competitive for titles. 1.7 just wouldn't move the needle for me. Too much risk and I would lose a big piece of my team. There are guys in my league who constantly rebuild. Some of them are building good teams, but haven't won anything in 8-10 years.

If I wasn't winning and had aging guys, the calculus probably changes and getting anything makes sense.

Graham Barfield
@GrahamBarfield
Nick Chubb has a little untapped upside as a pass catcher
Chubb averaged 3.1 receptions/game in 2019 without Kareem Hunt — which would be a huge boost to his floor in fantasy
Cabot says, “Chubb will be used more as a receiver out of the backfield, so his touches might evolve.”
Mary Kay Cabot@MaryKayCabot
How will the focus on Deshaun Watson's arm impact #Browns
Nick Chubb's carries? Hey, Mary Kay!
How will the focus on Deshaun Watson’s arm impact Nick Chubb? Hey, Mary Kay!

John Paulsen
@4for4_John
Browns RB coach Stump Mitchell on Nick Chubb: “He’ll have the opportunity to catch more passes, so I think people will see that he’s more than just a running back ... I think he’ll be successful. It’s an opportunity to perhaps gain a thousand yards receiving as well."

My home (full ppr) league I won and am picking at the 1/2...Chubb's been sneaking into my considerations there. Finally the workload to match the talent? I do worry that holding up to 18+ touches is in-and-of-itself a rare skill. But if they manage his workload but have Forde or whoever just keep his overall wear and tear down plus give him 4-5 targets, he can be a top 3 guy on "just enough" volume, plus his always-there running efficiency, those targets, an overall offensive uptick in TD opportunity etc.

I've got Nick Chubb ranked a lot higher than ADP this year. I've followed this guy since he was a freshman in HS and been to several games. I know how good he is and I've never drafted him in fantasy, but this is the year I will have a lot of Chubb. With the investment the Browns had in Hunt I never felt like the ceiling was real for Chubb and I am more of a ceiling guy,.

I think the offense overall is going to be very good and Watson will be 90% of his old self. Couple that with no Kareem Hunt and an uptick in receiving which I've heard multiple times is a very real focus this off season, and we have the safest 1st rd pick out there and the ceiling possibility of 50+ catches? Rush: 1500 12TD Receiving: 50 catches 500yd 3TD almost seems probable if Watson comes in really good this year.

Not everyone will share my opinion here, but this is my flag plant this year.

I've got Nick Chubb ranked a lot higher than ADP this year. I've followed this guy since he was a freshman in HS and been to several games. I know how good he is and I've never drafted him in fantasy, but this is the year I will have a lot of Chubb. With the investment the Browns had in Hunt I never felt like the ceiling was real for Chubb and I am more of a ceiling guy,.

I think the offense overall is going to be very good and Watson will be 90% of his old self. Couple that with no Kareem Hunt and an uptick in receiving which I've heard multiple times is a very real focus this off season, and we have the safest 1st rd pick out there and the ceiling possibility of 50+ catches? Rush: 1500 12TD Receiving: 50 catches 500yd 3TD almost seems probable if Watson comes in really good this year.

Not everyone will share my opinion here, but this is my flag plant this year.
Watson had not played a game in 22 months when he came back last year. His first 4 games he played poorly. The offense only scored 3 total TDs. Chubb averaged 9.5 points PPR. The last 2 games Watson played better. The offense scored 5 TDs and Chubb averaged 18 PPR. I have Chubb at 16 for 88 rushing, 2.5 for 22 receiving and 13 total TDs. That puts him right at 18 points per game PPR.

I can his rushing volume going down but TD opportunities going up.
He may also have higher YPC numbers if defenses have to truly respect the pass for a change.

Browns coach Kevin Stefanski praised Nick Chubb’s three-down ability.
“Nick’s a huge part of our offense, obviously hand it to him, throwing it to him,” Stefanski said. “He’s been adept at both … We have very good empirical data on what he’s good at and it’s tried and true. So that part of what we are will always be with Nick in mind. But Nick himself, I don’t know if there’s limits to him as a player. I think he’s, he’s schematic fit really in anything.” With Kareem Hunt gone and unknown second-year pro Jerome Ford No. 2 on the depth chart, the fantasy community has been wondering if this might finally be the year Chubb catches more passes. His career high for receptions is 36 back in 2019. He has not caught more than 27 since. Even rebounding to the 35-40 range would have a major impact on Chubb’s mid-range RB1 floor and ceiling.

All in on chubb this year!
I think Watson is going to stink and be the same guy we saw last year. I love Chubb, but can't get past this fear
I share this fear as well. However, this affects Chubb only minimally. With their O-Line and projecting him not getting hurt - this guy is a lock for 1400 rushing double digit TD's. There is no way he doesn't set a career high in catches as he's not been in this position. He had 39 in 2019, so lets give him 50 as the 3rd down back this year. I believe 1800+ APY and 13 TD's which is where I have him projected would've been RB3 last year, and I think there is more potential ceiling here. After Cmac and Ek I think he's the safest bet of the top tier RB's. Things could fall right and Watson is awesome and those TD numbers/receiving usage++ could put him in RB1 territory. But even the conservative scenario still locks him in the top 5? I am drafting a lot of Chubb. Btw, not a lot of Watson.

Debating N. Chubb at #7 in a PPR 12 team redraft.

With the C. Kupp injury and LAR overall team situation, good chance I'm looking at Kupp vs. B. Robinson vs. N. Chubb.

Chubb feels like a rock solid choice but with upside this year. Potential for catching some passes and is there really a #2? J. Ford??

Not feeling the likes of Diggs or Adams either here...one of AJ Brown, A ST Brown, G. WIlson, Waddle always there in round 2. And there's no way Chubb or Pollard get back to me in round 2...and want no part of D. Henry.

Too soon at 7?

With the C. Kupp injury and LAR overall team situation, good chance I'm looking at Kupp vs. B. Robinson vs. N. Chubb.

Chubb feels like a rock solid choice but with upside this year. Potential for catching some passes and is there really a #2? J. Ford??

Not feeling the likes of Diggs or Adams either here...one of AJ Brown, A ST Brown, G. WIlson, Waddle always there in round 2. And there's no way Chubb or Pollard get back to me in round 2...and want no part of D. Henry.

Too soon at 7?
I've seen Chubb fall a couple times in Rd 2 to your spot. If you're gut says you got to have him. take him and grab Wilson or St Brown. Both I feel could easily match the WR's available. Personally though, if Bijan were there - that upside is too juicy. Chubb is a more sure thing though.

Too soon at 7?
I took Chubb at #8 over Saquon, Bijan, Henry, Mahomes, Cupp, Diggs...etc. Do it!

Users who are viewing this thread