What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Peyton Barber, LV - 9.4.21 Signs with Las Vegas (1 Viewer)

Homers - what’s going on with this guy? Thankfully only have him on best ball team but certainly didn’t see this. Couldn’t be game script since they were up all day and he didn’t even pull 2ypc. 
Nobody can stop the passing game. They honestly haven’t really tried to run it until they’re running out the clock. 

Homers - what’s going on with this guy? Thankfully only have him on best ball team but certainly didn’t see this. Couldn’t be game script since they were up all day and he didn’t even pull 2ypc. 
hard to gauge. Last week vs New Orleans was a shoot-out, and today vs the Eagles was a funnel defense, they are very strong against the run.

However, I worry about Barber because he's not really that good of an athlete and won't break off long runs, and he's just OK as a receiver. He's got good power and good vision and will pick up a lot of chunk yards, but nothing crazy on the stat sheet. I think to produce he is a guy where the Bucs needs to control the game and they are up against a poor run defense.

I just don’t think Barber is very good.
I wouldn't take this game for much.  Philly has a great Run D.  They shut down Atlanta pretty well too.  The weakness is in their secondary, so gameplan was to attack that.  Barber should still be the guy over Jones.

JAG.  It’s a shame that rojo has sucked so badly BC if he showed any consistent vision, pass pro, and receiving skills he would have this backfield to himself on a great offense.  

Even still, I think it’s only a matter of time before they activate rojo and he starts cutting into barber’s snaps.  And if he pops a few big runs the job will be his.   

JAG.  It’s a shame that rojo has sucked so badly BC if he showed any consistent vision, pass pro, and receiving skills he would have this backfield to himself on a great offense.  

Even still, I think it’s only a matter of time before they activate rojo and he starts cutting into barber’s snaps.  And if he pops a few big runs the job will be his.   
Yeah RoJo looked terrible during the preseason otherwise I think you’re right. He should still slowly be funneled in tho so I figured no matter what Barber would be phased out mostly by seasons end. 

1) Rojo is not close to being activated. 

2) The OL was a good pass blocking unit and a terrible run blocking unit in 2017. The hope was that by moving Marpet to LG and bringing in Jensen this would solidify the unit. 

It has not. Barber isn't super talented, but he's a grind-it-out player who will get 3 yards on a 2 yard run by hitting the hole hard and following forward. Unfortunately, there have been no holes. Be patient, there going to have to run the ball at some point.

3) I suspect (without having seen All 22) that teams are playing with a lot of bodies in the box. And the Bucs are taking advantage by throwing a ton with Fitz. 

Currently Barber is not threatened by any other back on the Bucs roster. And no one else is having success either, with Rodgers going 5-13yds. 

The problem is the OL, not Barber. If you have Barber, the hope is that they figure it out and turn it around.  

Probably dropping him for some flavor on the wire this week in PPR.  Can't ever see myself starting him in a 10 team league.

Capella said:
Barber picked up the weak side blitz on the first play of the game which was a 75-yard hit for a TD. Let me know when RoJo can do that and that’s when he’ll play. 
Agreed.  But the time to sell barber is not when rojo finally puts it all together.  The time to sell is either now or right after a good performance. 

Ah so his prospects get better when the competition for touches increases.  Gotta love those smart fantasy guys.
Who is challenging him for touches? 

If you think the Bucs will throw for 400+ every week and never run it so be it. If you think defenses might adjust to their pass game and open up running lanes for Barber you might be a smart fantasy guy. 

Not that I think it applies here, but that seems to have been exactly the case for Alex Smith and Joe Flacco...
You’re right, it doesn’t apply here. QBs with backups waiting in the wings are totally different than RBS.   There are rbbc’s but no qbbc’s.  

At some point this season, and likely soon if barber continues to stink up the joint, rojo will be activated and given some touches        

When that happens it will be a crapcshoot whether or not that helps or hurts barber.  If rojo still stinks it will help   But if he breaks off a few of his signature chunk plays the coaching staff will start feeding him more.  

Ronald Jones hasn’t even been active. That means they trust him in zero situations. What are you guys talking about? 

short bench (5) 12 team ppr redraft

considering dropping for benard. Mixon owner. My other options are Collins and Freeman.

Only other drop option is Jimmy G, who I may very much consider dropping instead. 

considering dropping for benard. Mixon owner. My other options are Collins and Freeman.

Only other drop option is Jimmy G, who I may very much consider dropping instead. 
I wouldn’t drop either. Bernard is a 2-3 week rental, and not that great. Unless you have word that Mixon is gonna miss more time than that, I’d hold. 

If you are considering dropping Barber or Graham in a 12-teamer, why not package them together in some sort of trade?  The way RB's have been this year, a few teams in your 12-teamer could use a guy like Barber.  And Graham still has trade value due to his hype.  Be creative before simply dumping either of these guys.  If you held your draft today, they would both be drafted; therefore they hold trade value, no matter how small.

ETA - Just realized who I was talking to, haha.  If you truly believe Barber won't pan out, have you tried to package him with Graham to the Aaron Jones owner?  I know you like him as much as I do!

Last edited by a moderator:
Barber is in the alex collins heap of fantasy turds 

he's not going to come out of this, he's probably not in the top 32 RBs in the league bit situation,let alone talent.

I really thought they had something with Barber but it appears he's just not going to pan out 

If you are considering dropping Barber or Graham in a 12-teamer, why not package them together in some sort of trade?  The way RB's have been this year, a few teams in your 12-teamer could use a guy like Barber.  And Graham still has trade value due to his hype.  Be creative before simply dumping either of these guys.  If you held your draft today, they would both be drafted; therefore they hold trade value, no matter how small.

ETA - Just realized who I was talking to, haha.  If you truly believe Barber won't pan out, have you tried to package him with Graham to the Aaron Jones owner?  I know you like him as much as I do!
Jimmy G not Graham :)

I may very well make a play for Jones but hes a very tough trader. I've already tried a couple times 

Jimmy G not Graham :)

I may very well make a play for Jones but hes a very tough trader. I've already tried a couple times 
I knew you were talking about Jimmy GQ :)

Barber is the only show in town down in TB right now, and no one comes close.  He has 35 carries thru 2 games, with 7 being the next highest (not counting Fitz, who I don't think we have to mistake for Cam Newton).  I hear people talking about Peyton losing time, but the way Fitz has been throwing on all downs, there is no way any other TB RB is really gonna challenge him, as long as Peyton helps his QB stay upright.  The more I look at Peyton, the more I like his chances to produce.  He obviously has TB's trust.

If I owned barber I’d be trying to sell now before rojo gets activated.  
6 and 4 in ppr

Noones buying that #### :lol:

I was targeting him this draft season. Got him in 2 leagues. Probably my biggest mistake this yr (so far).

I'm holding ( on the bench) 

Barber is in the alex collins heap of fantasy turds 

he's not going to come out of this, he's probably not in the top 32 RBs in the league bit situation,let alone talent.

I really thought they had something with Barber but it appears he's just not going to pan out 
Throw J. Williams in that bowl as well.

6 and 4 in ppr

Noones buying that #### :lol:

I was targeting him this draft season. Got him in 2 leagues. Probably my biggest mistake this yr (so far).

I'm holding ( on the bench) 
The correct thing to do is hold.  Many RB's are off to a rough start this year.  There's a reason why no one has started a thread titled "Buy high, sell low".

I knew you were talking about Jimmy GQ :)

Barber is the only show in town down in TB right now, and no one comes close.  He has 35 carries thru 2 games, with 7 being the next highest (not counting Fitz, who I don't think we have to mistake for Cam Newton).  I hear people talking about Peyton losing time, but the way Fitz has been throwing on all downs, there is no way any other TB RB is really gonna challenge him, as long as Peyton helps his QB stay upright.  The more I look at Peyton, the more I like his chances to produce.  He obviously has TB's trust.
true, hard to judge him based on 2 historic games for Fitzmagic. I dont want to give up this fast but Jones is on the bench and Barber isnt doing anything to solidify his role 

true, hard to judge him based on 2 historic games for Fitzmagic. I dont want to give up this fast but Jones is on the bench and Barber isnt doing anything to solidify his role 
Fitz has been sacked twice in 2 games, and he has been a passing machine.  Barber has played a huge role in that.  Do I want my RB to be a good blocker?  Yes, if it means playing time.  Do I think Barber is a great RB - no.  But the Bucs are 2-0 right now, when everyone said they would be 0-2.

Fitz has been sacked twice in 2 games, and he has been a passing machine.  Barber has played a huge role in that.  Do I want my RB to be a good blocker?  Yes, if it means playing time.  Do I think Barber is a great RB - no.  But the Bucs are 2-0 right now, when everyone said they would be 0-2.
not me :) I'm a big bucs believer. I was shocked how bad they were last year. I was just one year behind 

Sounds like Barber is being added to the drop list. I'm considering it.

Been trying to trade him with zero luck. Essentially worthless.

@CHI, then Bye, @ATL (probably fall behind), vs CLE, @CINC, CAR. No cupcakes there.

I've also got the following RB depth: T. Gurley, J. Howard, J. Conner, A. Collins, J. Williams/A. Jones. Gonna be hard to keep this guy. While I'm loaded at RB, I'm light at WR.

Anyone have a decent reason to hold?

Sounds like Barber is being added to the drop list. I'm considering it.

Been trying to trade him with zero luck. Essentially worthless.

@CHI, then Bye, @ATL (probably fall behind), vs CLE, @CINC, CAR. No cupcakes there.

I've also got the following RB depth: T. Gurley, J. Howard, J. Conner, A. Collins, J. Williams/A. Jones. Gonna be hard to keep this guy. While I'm loaded at RB, I'm light at WR.

Anyone have a decent reason to hold?
Thinking of dropping him prior to this week's games.

Need a QB for next week with Stafford @Dallas. Only other guy to drop is OJ Howard.

Damn. Don't want to give up on a 7th round pick I thought was an RB3 at minimum and maybe with RB2 upside, but I have needs and a ton of RB depth.

Anyone else dropping?

If he busts against PIT, decent chance he sits on waivers with @CHI next and then a bye week.

Several different podcasts I listen to this week mentioned Barber as someone who could break out this week and I honestly have no idea why. Is there something wrong with PIT's front?

Several different podcasts I listen to this week mentioned Barber as someone who could break out this week and I honestly have no idea why. Is there something wrong with PIT's front?
Think is more vulnerable via the air then ground.

Think PIT comes out all charged up for this one. They can't lose this one.

Want to cut bait, but if I watch Barber rip it up in front of my eyes on Monday night I'm going to cry.

He's just sitting there on my WW...
If Barber busts again I think there's a good chance he continues to sit. Next two weeks: @CHI, bye week.

That, along with my RB depth, and other needs to fill, are reasons why I'm considering dropping.

I mean...would you give a damn about this guy if you  had this RB depth?

* RB1: Todd Gurley

* RB 2: J. Howard

* RB 3: James Conner

* RB Bench: Alex Collins, J. Williams AND A. Jones, P. Barber

Users who are viewing this thread