What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Rachaad White, TB (1 Viewer)

Any chance the snap distribution changes to closer to 50:50 when Fournette is back? So far it's been pretty consistent at 67:33

Any chance the snap distribution changes to closer to 50:50 when Fournette is back? So far it's been pretty consistent at 67:33
I think that it was heading that way even before Fournette got hurt. Seemed to be splitting series, not unlike Zeke/Pollard.

Do not like this Bucs activated RB Gio Bernard from injured reserve.

Just in time to steal touches from White.

I still see White as the bell cow I just would prefer a guy who could steal some passing chances not be activated this week.

I still see White as the bell cow I just would prefer a guy who could steal some passing chances not be activated this week.
At least White is a really good pass catcher though, so it’s not like he’ll be needed to be taken off the field.

Anything is possible I suppose but Gio has 30 touches in the last 2 years, none this year

I don't think they drafted this guy to suddenly give Gio the majority of the touches right off of IR. It's also not realistic in this day and age to see one RB get ALL the touches in an entire game.

Fournette out. CLE stinks against the run. Lousy weather. TB favored.

I'm not sure there's much more a White owner can ask for.

Just hope the fantasy gods aren't up there smirking right now and rubbing their hands together in preparation for screwing us.

Anything is possible I suppose but Gio has 30 touches in the last 2 years, none this year

I don't think they drafted this guy to suddenly give Gio the majority of the touches right off of IR. It's also not realistic in this day and age to see one RB get ALL the touches in an entire game.

Fournette out. CLE stinks against the run. Lousy weather. TB favored.

I'm not sure there's much more a White owner can ask for.

Just hope the fantasy gods aren't up there smirking right now and rubbing their hands together in preparation for screwing us.
No one is saying Bernard is getting majority of the touches. He just could siphon off of few pass catching downs. Settle down people.

As lousy as Cleveland is against the run, Bernard could probably come off the street, get 15 touches to White's 10, and White still might get 80 yards and a touch.

Cleveland's run D is really, really BAD. White is nearly a dead nuts lock to get most of the RB work, likely including the high value snaps. Nobody's predicting a 50 point effort, but people are waaaay overthinking this.

People act like NFL teams are going into gameday with one RB in uniform or something.
I don’t think that’s the concern - rather that Bowles is one of those coaches that has traditionally leaned on his veterans. Did that a lot with the Jets.

People act like NFL teams are going into gameday with one RB in uniform or something.
I don’t think that’s the concern - rather that Bowles is one of those coaches that has traditionally leaned on his veterans. Did that a lot with the Jets.
Fair enough but his usage has gone up every week and last time they played he got 22 carries. And he has been involved in the passing game since week 1. I do expect Vaughn to get a sneaky amount of work tomorrow at probably 30% with Gio at like 10% off the street. So something like 20/100/1 and 2/12 for White and 7/32 and 3/34 for Vaughn and 2/-5 and 2/7 for Gio.

Not a fan of his as a prospect but opportunity is there. He seems a little tight as a runner but certainly has some passing game skills. Good chance for him to shine.

White in your top 20, over guys like Sanders, Pierce, and Monty? FBG not very confident in him it seems.

I REALLY want to start White, but my only open spot would be either at RB over Chubb or at flex over AJ Brown or Higgins. Looking the the bench for me, though over AJ Brown is tempting.

This is a dynasty league.

Expected more rushing volume given the Browns’ sieve rushing DEF, but Brady didn’t do the offense any favors moving the chains.

They lost because they got away from him imo
Sure seemed like it.

really curious game calling given his early success
Issue was, for the parts of the game I caught at least, the Browns hellah sold out to stop the run after he gouged them a few times early. Brady just couldn't/didn't do anything with his arm to make them pay for it. That, along with a couple bonehead penalties (one on Evans in particular) stalled out a few drives late 2nd/early 3rd that looked like they may be on to something.

His work in the passing game saved his day, at least. Started him everywhere I owned and got between 15 and 19 points (depending on scoring). I'll take that from my Flex.

They lost because they got away from him imo

really curious game calling given his early success
100% If Tampa had run the ball on the Browns crap run D they would have won
Brady just wanted to keep throwing the ball and Cleveland was stopping the pass.
Poor coaching

If you had to pick one going forward in redraft PPR this year it should be White over Fournette, right?

Uninjured. Rising workload. Confidence from QB. Proven performance when given RB1 status. Higher floor.

If you had to pick one going forward in redraft PPR this year it should be White over Fournette, right?

Uninjured. Rising workload. Confidence from QB. Proven performance when given RB1 status. Higher floor.
Neither? Offense feels inconsistent and Fournette has inefficient touches which leads to even ****tier drives. It’s like najee Harris jaylen warren type of situation. Don’t like white in a timeshare

The the fact that they put White in for the game winning TD, particularly after the fumble, speaks volumes about the team’s confidence in him. But his upside is certainly going to be capped by Lenny, especially in those two minute drills as mentioned in the blurb above.

The the fact that they put White in for the game winning TD, particularly after the fumble, speaks volumes about the team’s confidence in him. But his upside is certainly going to be capped by Lenny, especially in those two minute drills as mentioned in the blurb above.
Was that the fumble in the 1st half? When it was punched out? I didn't see 2nd half --

Was that the fumble in the 1st half? When it was punched out? I didn't see 2nd half --
1st drive of the 2nd half

Not sure what to make of him. The fumble seemed to staple his butt to the bench, but when they needed a play to win, White delivered. Fournette didn't look particularly good last night.

Still probably a time share.

I was listening to David Kluge's podcast this week, and he said that in Week 13, on the play for the TD, that Brady basically threw Fournette out of the huddle and yelled to the bench "We need Rachaad"

Anybody else heard anything similar? Did this actually happen? And if it did, why were the snaps basically even again in Week 14?

I was listening to David Kluge's podcast this week, and he said that in Week 13, on the play for the TD, that Brady basically threw Fournette out of the huddle and yelled to the bench "We need Rachaad"

Anybody else heard anything similar? Did this actually happen? And if it did, why were the snaps basically even again in Week 14?
Hadn’t heard anything along those lines, but with the state of the OL, I think Brady and team brass still trust Fournette more in a lot of situations. Plus White putting the ball on the ground isn’t helping him.

Have heard nothing of that, but if true, that could be one of those things that sounds a lot more meaningful than it actually is. Fantasy managers might hear that as Brady saying "This guy sucks! Get him out of here, bring in Rachaad, he's the more capable back." But if you assume it was a situational call, it's a pretty mundane thing. Maybe not normal for a QB to make that call, but this is Brady.

Users who are viewing this thread