What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Raheem Mostert, MIA (1 Viewer)

I drafted him in my fun FFA leagues this year and guy has just been an absolute lynchpin. Don't know what I'd do without him considering I took A. Gibson and C. Akers as my third running backs in those respective leagues. And A. Kamara, but I forget what order I drafted all those guys in.

Too much about my leagues. This guy has been an absolute stud no matter how you slice it.

I drafted him in my fun FFA leagues this year and guy has just been an absolute lynchpin. Don't know what I'd do without him considering I took A. Gibson and C. Akers as my third running backs in those respective leagues. And A. Kamara, but I forget what order I drafted all those guys in.

Too much about my leagues. This guy has been an absolute stud no matter how you slice it.
11 TDs in 6 games
429 yds rush
another 18/145 thru the air

I tried to move him several times over the weeks but no one in my league thinks he’s for real. Guess they did me a favor.

I’m going to ride this situation until either the wheels fall off, or I make it to a fantasy championship. Either outcome seems likely for this unexpected monster season with the looming variables that probably should have, but hasn’t stopped things.

This guy is total BS for how much ROI he's provided for like 1 or 2$ in auction prices. Getting killed by him each week in multiple leagues. Yes, I'm bitter. No, I don't think it lasts. But enjoy the ride! So shocking that CMC is the one injured and Mostert is a picture of health these days.

This guy is total BS for how much ROI he's provided for like 1 or 2$ in auction prices. Getting killed by him each week in multiple leagues. Yes, I'm bitter. No, I don't think it lasts. But enjoy the ride! So shocking that CMC is the one injured and Mostert is a picture of health these days.
CMC is always hurt..why would you be shocked by that?

@Smack Tripper this one's for you buddy

4 x/4 games he has less than 13 carries, 10-13-7-10, that is almost CoP RB and when Achane burst on the scene Week3, it's understandable
The other 2 games, 17 and 18 carries
Mostert has never totaled over 200 carries in a single season as he round s the bases towards turning 32
He stands right now at about 75 thru 6 weeks or an avg of about 12-13 per week, over 17 games adds up to 204-220 carries for the year
Achane will be back in 3 more weeks possibly, Jeff Wilson is still ready to be activated

I doubt you can get a major trade for him
I'm with @bj diggy just enjoy the ride for as long as it lasts
Miami is not abusing Mostert that I can find. If they start handing him the ball 20x a game every week, that would be a concern.

Why do you doubt Mostert can be involved in a major trade? He’s in the best situation in the NFL with Miami’s offense. Doesn’t need monstrous volume to score. Can score rushing or receiving. He’s in an extremely depressed RB market with all of the injuries and busts. Only argument is he is 31 and injury prone, even if he’s perfectly healthy now. I heard deals last night on a fantasy talk show of Mostert for Kupp. Could see it if the owner was desperate for RB’s and has WR depth. That’s a major trade to me

Why do you doubt Mostert can be involved in a major trade? He’s in the best situation in the NFL with Miami’s offense. Doesn’t need monstrous volume to score. Can score rushing or receiving. He’s in an extremely depressed RB market with all of the injuries and busts. Only argument is he is 31 and injury prone, even if he’s perfectly healthy now. I heard deals last night on a fantasy talk show of Mostert for Kupp. Could see it if the owner was desperate for RB’s and has WR depth. That’s a major trade to me
All leagues are unique for sure
I just know a lot of the FF community doesn't take him seriously
And Achane will be back sooner than later
Now is the time if you want to move him to do it

I tried to move a future 2nd for him and couldn't get a bite. I'm known in that league to sell my 1st for help to put me over, and I have Achane, but no way do I deal a 1st for a 30+ RB.

Would you give up Kupp for Mostert?

Would you give up Kupp for Mostert?
In real life or fantasy?

Curious if Mostert owners are jumping at any chance to grab more pieces of this backfield?

For example, if J. Wilson or S. Ahmed were dumped in FA, are you falling over yourself to try and secure?

Just saw that Ahmed was dropped (by the Achane owner). At 1-5 he can't have much dead weight. For me, as a Mostert owner you've got insurance for at least a couple weeks and would it surprise anyone to see him pop for 100+ and a score in this RB merry go round?

Curious if Mostert owners are jumping at any chance to grab more pieces of this backfield?

For example, if J. Wilson or S. Ahmed were dumped in FA, are you falling over yourself to try and secure?

Just saw that Ahmed was dropped (by the Achane owner). At 1-5 he can't have much dead weight. For me, as a Mostert owner you've got insurance for at least a couple weeks and would it surprise anyone to see him pop for 100+ and a score in this RB merry go round?

I grabbed Wilson last week. Feels like a no brainer if you have the bench room.

I’ve been holding Wilson in IR since the start of the season and I tried to snag Achane. Don’t know if I want to commit a 3rd roster spot to the other folks though.

Wilson is worth it. Ahmed is not.

You think Ahmed takes a back seat if Wilson returns??

Per a recent tweet, Wilson sounds "ready to go."

You think Ahmed takes a back seat if Wilson returns??

Per a recent tweet, Wilson sounds "ready to go."
I just don't think Ahmed moves the needle much

I agree on Ahmed. It’s going to be a 4 headed backfield soon.

As for Mostert - would I love to sell high? Sure. I’m wary of injury risk too. If Montgomery wasn’t banged up too I might be aggressively pursuing it. But we’ve seen this movie. Fred Taylor was always injured early in his career, then he became reliable. You never know with injuries and it’s hard to factor them in. He won’t continue this pace of course. Tough matchup this week. But his usage doesn’t scream breakdown. He’s capable of touches in the low 200’s and I think I read he’s on track for 230 or so. So he isn’t getting beat up. Personally I think he’s worth at least a high end WR2 if not low end WR1. But if nobody offers that I’ll just hold.

I did try to get Wilson but was outbid.

As a Mostert & Achane owner I'm not looking to sell either one. This is the most valuable backfield in fantasy this year outside of CMC. Other owners in my league are holding Ahmed and Wilson trying to get a piece of the pie.

As a Mostert & Achane owner I'm not looking to sell either one. This is the most valuable backfield in fantasy this year outside of CMC. Other owners in my league are holding Ahmed and Wilson trying to get a piece of the pie.
Yeah I'm not sure I agree with the pooh poohing of Ahmed. Starting to get convinced that in this offense, whoever is the last man standing or even the 2nd to last man standing, will produce.

Mostert might be on the downturn now that Wilson is back. Eagles D is tough but it seemed like Ahmed and Wilson each got a decent chunk of the pie. Add in when Achane gets back and that might be it for the leading TD scorer in the NFL.

Maybe I'm wrong but this feels like a sign of things to come.

Mostert might be on the downturn now that Wilson is back. Eagles D is tough but it seemed like Ahmed and Wilson each got a decent chunk of the pie. Add in when Achane gets back and that might be it for the leading TD scorer in the NFL.

I think there are better days ahead for sure, but this is an RBBC and Mostert needs to get hot early in games or this.

What game did you all watch tonight?
Mostert was 9/45 on the ground
Ahmed 2/3 on the ground, that's 2 carries vs 9 and 3 yds vs 45
Jeff Wilson?

Where is this 4 headed RBBC people are speaking of
McDaniel is NOT COMMIITTED to running the football but there isn't this RBBC that so many folks seem t bring up all the time

That's my sour grape take after a SNF loss to Philly
We even had a pick-6 and couldn't win the game, unbelievable

What game did you all watch tonight?
Mostert was 9/45 on the ground
Ahmed 2/3 on the ground, that's 2 carries vs 9 and 3 yds vs 45
Jeff Wilson?

Where is this 4 headed RBBC people are speaking of
McDaniel is NOT COMMIITTED to running the football but there isn't this RBBC that so many folks seem t bring up all the time

That's my sour grape take after a SNF loss to Philly
We even had a pick-6 and couldn't win the game, unbelievable
I'm waiting on snap count usage to see if I'm right. It just felt like he wasn't out there nearly as much as previous weeks but I could be wrong.

Love people panicking in Mostert - if you have an owner like that in your league, take advantage.
Not getting rid of him but I've had JT on the bench the last 3 weeks. I'm thinking it might be time to move him back into the starting lineup.

Love people panicking in Mostert - if you have an owner like that in your league, take advantage.
Predictable down game. Had set my expectations low. Had a feeling PHI would be tough at home and this was seen as a universally tough matchup for Mostert against that D line. Thanksfully didn't need a Mostert explosion.

Was odd they kept running him up the middle early. Wasn't until late he had a couple of those tosses left where he ripped off yardage.

Good news: Wilson and Ahmed did diddly.

Amen. On the road in Philly vs that front line is the toughest run matchup this season.
And he looked great in the 2nd half, when Miami's zone run blocking started to work. To finish 9 for 45 after being -8 after 3 carries is pretty darn good. He went 6 for 53 or so after that.

I didn't watch the game closely but is it possible that the wide 9 defense is tough on the wide zone runs that Miami and sf use? Might be interesting to look back at success rates and how often either side adjusted their play calls if people have that kind of data

Amen. On the road in Philly vs that front line is the toughest run matchup this season.
And he looked great in the 2nd half, when Miami's zone run blocking started to work. To finish 9 for 45 after being -8 after 3 carries is pretty darn good. He went 6 for 53 or so after that.

Most importantly, he came out healthy.

I picked up S. Ahmed as insurance. Probably drop him early this week (and then pick him up prior to kickoff...again).

That trade makes zero sense to me. I know I have been trying to trade Mostert all year ( and for far less than a now healthy Kupp) and have got no takers and not a single low ball offer. Have heard the same thing from several FF shows.

That trade makes zero sense to me. I know I have been trying to trade Mostert all year ( and for far less than a now healthy Kupp) and have got no takers and not a single low ball offer. Have heard the same thing from several FF shows.
If you think he's worthless (and more importantly if your league considers him worthless) then don't entertain a trade. Obviously Kupp is not gettable now after this weekend. But who is? What WR's would be a fair trade for Mostert? Admittedly I'm pretty good at negotiating trades, and I think one should be able to make a case. There are a grand total of 3 RB's averaging 20 FPG or more. McCaffrey, Mostert and Achane. That's it. Etienne and Montgomery are next (I'm excluding K. Williams on IR and Zack Moss who faces a lesser role). But then the drop is pretty significant. There is huge position scarcity.

Are you saying Mostert isn't worth a WR producing much less in FPG? In a position that doesn't have scarcity like RB? Mike Evans, Christian Kirk, D. Smith, Pittman, Olave (just giving you the stats), Waddle (half the PPG), Amari Cooper, McLaurin, Ridley, Sutton, Pickens, Collins, DJ Moore without Fields, etc? You couldn't make a deal in your league for any of those?

The fact that nobody would even provide a lowball offer for Mostert is mind boggling to me. He can produce with less than a full-time role - already proved that. Even when Achane comes back. Wilson is no threat. And Ahmed? Please. This is no 4 headed monster. Did you see him run in the 2nd half last night? You're betting on that zone run blocking scheme as much as anything. But hey - I'm not looking to trade him. But I know I could if I wanted to.

If you think he's worthless (and more importantly if your league considers him worthless) then don't entertain a trade. Obviously Kupp is not gettable now after this weekend. But who is? What WR's would be a fair trade for Mostert? Admittedly I'm pretty good at negotiating trades, and I think one should be able to make a case. There are a grand total of 3 RB's averaging 20 FPG or more. McCaffrey, Mostert and Achane. That's it. Etienne and Montgomery are next (I'm excluding K. Williams on IR and Zack Moss who faces a lesser role). But then the drop is pretty significant. There is huge position scarcity.

Are you saying Mostert isn't worth a WR producing much less in FPG? In a position that doesn't have scarcity like RB? Mike Evans, Christian Kirk, D. Smith, Pittman, Olave (just giving you the stats), Waddle (half the PPG), Amari Cooper, McLaurin, Ridley, Sutton, Pickens, Collins, DJ Moore without Fields, etc? You couldn't make a deal in your league for any of those?

The fact that nobody would even provide a lowball offer for Mostert is mind boggling to me. He can produce with less than a full-time role - already proved that. Even when Achane comes back. Wilson is no threat. And Ahmed? Please. This is no 4 headed monster. Did you see him run in the 2nd half last night? You're betting on that zone run blocking scheme as much as anything. But hey - I'm not looking to trade him. But I know I could if I wanted to.
Im not saying I dont consider him valuable Im saying apparently my fellow owners dont. Ive offered him along with Kmet (before his last 2 weeks) to 4 or 5 different teams that have 2 top 10 qbs or 1 underperforming qb and nobody would take the trade (we are talking teams who DEFFINITELY need help at rb I offered the goff owner who also has hurts Geno Smith and Mostert for Goff. He turned it down because he is afraid of the competition in Miami..... guy has litterally 1 starting rb. Ended up trading hall instead of mostert and he agreed.

I think there are better days ahead for sure, but this is an RBBC and Mostert needs to get hot early in games or this.
Hot early in games or what? Mostert dominated what little touches there were and the game script kept him from getting more carries. This is not a true RBBC.

Im not saying I dont consider him valuable Im saying apparently my fellow owners dont. Ive offered him along with Kmet (before his last 2 weeks) to 4 or 5 different teams that have 2 top 10 qbs or 1 underperforming qb and nobody would take the trade (we are talking teams who DEFFINITELY need help at rb I offered the goff owner who also has hurts Geno Smith and Mostert for Goff. He turned it down because he is afraid of the competition in Miami..... guy has litterally 1 starting rb. Ended up trading hall instead of mostert and he agreed.
I'd rather have Hall than Mostert as well but I still think Mostert has low end rb1 value. I traded him after week 2 for Andrews and I think his value has gone UP since then.

I'd rather have Hall than Mostert as well but I still think Mostert has low end rb1 value. I traded him after week 2 for Andrews and I think his value has gone UP since then.
Me too....that is why I started with Mostert but it wasnt accepted. I had an embarassment of riches ar rb (Bijan, ettienne, hall and mostert....and lost Richardson at qb. Still had geno but he doesnt seem like he will turn things around. I figured trading mostert would be really easy but that hasnt turned out to be true.

Traded him last week for Josh jacobs in my keeper league and after catching some of that raiders game yesterday am now having some buyers remorse even tho I don’t think mostert will be able to keep it up all year either Achane comes back and takes a lot of his snaps or he gets hurt again. But I should’ve just stuck with him cause the raiders are a mess right now

DNP today. Ankle.

Don't recall anything in the game. He pretty much had all the carries outside of a couple. Don't remember him heading off to the sideline at all.

Hoping vet rest day.

If not, it figures. Last week I picked up Ahmed for insurance. And I dropped him last night thinking the coast was clear. Typical.

Users who are viewing this thread