What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Raheem Mostert, MIA (4 Viewers)

Mostert better at least get a limited practice today.

Prediction: Mostert sits, while Tyreek (who I'm facing) practices despite yesterday's fears that he's borderline dying.

Weird - he looked great in the second half and never saw him banged up or limping.
Exactly.

NE played them tough in the first meeting and Miami is coming off a loss. NE is also getting a bit healthier. I've got to think unless he's seriously injured he'll be available.

If you're a Mostert owner and he's DNP today, you grabbing S. Ahmed if available to plug in?

Ahmed on waivers...and I just know my league is waiting on this info.

Would have to drop C. Akers which I don't want to do, but Ahmed would at least split with Wilson vs NE and next week prior to bye if the injury is more severe than expected.

Raheem Mostert (ankle) returned to practice on Thursday.
Mostert was absent from Wednesday’s practice, but that may have been more of a veteran’s day off, as he’s handled 42 touches over the last three weeks. The 31-year old back has never handled more than 212 touches in a season, but is on pace for a career-high 250 touches if he continues to stay healthy. We’d expect to see Mostert active for Week 8 against the Patriots, which means fantasy managers can slot him in as a low-end RB1.

Debating dropping Wilson or singletary as I need a kicker this week.
I dropped Wilson for Singletary the other day and I’m a Mostert owner who doesn’t own Achane. Reason being: Salvon Ahmed looks like the actual backup to Mostert. I’d rather see if Singletary keeps the 1A role as he comes out of his bye than hold a Miami maybe handcuff who might not be the actual backup.

Raheem Mostert said, “I’m ready to go,” when asked about his Week 9 availability against the Chiefs.
Mostert popped up on the injury report with an ankle injury on Wednesday, which he said was a “hiccup” that he doesn’t expect to bother him this week. Mostert and the Dolphins have a big Week 9 matchup on tap with the Chiefs early Sunday morning. Fantasy managers can trust him as a high-upside RB2 in a game that should feature a lot of points.

Connor Williams is likely back this week at Center
Have strong doubts about Miami's best OL-Robert Hunt-RG being able to play.
He's not practicing and has hamstring issue. Bye week after this one, he needs rest.
Don't think he's missed a start entering Season 4
Starting LG Wynn is OUT, so far it seems like Robert Jones is the fill in for now.
Lester Cotton could be our starting RG, ouch!

Terron Armstead? Your guess is as good as mine
But if he can go, they need to find a spot for Lamn who has been filling in all year at LT and doing a good job.
I don't think you can go from LT to RG but maybe he could slide to LG, slide Jones around to RG to team up with Austin Jackson
Again i venture to bet Armstead gets another 2 weeks of rest and we'll take it day by day with him. Just want him healthy for the final push to the Playoffs.
Liam Eichenberg, back up Center(2nd Rd-'21) could also slide intot he RG spot without disrupting the Left side of the OL as much.

There is what you are really dealing with when you speak of Mostert

He's not practicing and has hamstring issue. Bye week after this one, he needs rest.
Starting LG Wynn is OUT, so far it seems like Robert Jones is the fill in for now.

But if he can go, they need to find a spot for Lamn who has been filling in all year at LT and doing a good job.
I don't think you can go from LT to RG but maybe he could slide to LG, slide Jones around to RG to team up with Austin Jackson
Again i venture to bet Armstead gets another 2 weeks of rest and we'll take it day by day with him. Just want him healthy for the final push to the Playoffs.
Liam Eichenberg, back up Center(2nd Rd-'21) could also slide intot he RG spot without disrupting the Left side of the OL as much.

Clifton's notes?

I don't have a choice with 5 starters on bye. He needs to carry the mail.

He's had a couple of middling games. Hoping they do more than just pound him up the middle. Leave that stuff to Wilson.

Get some outside runs, some screens. He's been MIA in the passing game last two games.

This could be it before he turns into a pumpkin. Bye week then I'd expect Achane back.

Yeah I hope they can get him in space. Line needs to step up with zone run blocking to create holes, and Mike hopefully gets him open in the passing game. Should be a big part of the game plan

Clifton's notes?
It's Thursday, we'll know a lot more Fri Night/Sat
The Chiefs Defense has been pretty darn good. It's going to come down to Miami's skill guys vs what KC has outside of Kelce
The Phins know who they are, the Chiefs know what they've been, not sure they know exactly where to go with the football outside of Kelce

Connor Williams starting at Center would be a big plus for the OL, start with him and move out from there.
Williams was the Center for most of the big rushing days

Anyone have any luck selling Mostert? Time is running short.

Bye week next week. Achane due back. Will be a very crowded backfield.

In addition, the playoff matchups look dreadful - NYJ, DAL, @bal. Yikes.

Looking at trade value charts I see the following RBs in the ballpark: J. Cook, R. Stevenson, I. Pacheco, Jav. Williams.

Trying to do a 1:1 trade possibly while throwing in a sweetener.

Looking at trade value charts I see the following RBs in the ballpark: J. Cook, R. Stevenson, I. Pacheco, Jav. Williams.

Traded him straight up for Tee Higgins this week. The guy had Pollard and Stephenson as his backs. So he was a bit desperate plus Higgins had been struggling.

Traded him straight up for Tee Higgins this week. The guy had Pollard and Stephenson as his backs. So he was a bit desperate plus Higgins had been struggling.
Yikes. Even when Achane returns, Mostert will be involved. He leads the league for RBs with 10 TDs in 8 games. Wilson and the rest will be relegated to the bench.

Yikes. Even when Achane returns, Mostert will be involved. He leads the league for RBs with 10 TDs in 8 games. Wilson and the rest will be relegated to the bench.
I have Kamara, Taylor and Swift. Needed to improve my WRs.

I have Kamara, Taylor and Swift. Needed to improve my WRs.
Does Travis know you have Taylor/Swift?

I'm looking to buy low on another RB. Pollard would be ideal, but owner not biting. Not sure moving Mostert for Cook/Stevenson/Jav WIlliams worth it.

Something tells me that this historic Miami running attack isn't so historic in the 2nd half. Pace not sustainable and teams have more film now.

Last couple weeks Miami has been able to do zippo on the ground.

85 yards and a TD wasn’t the worst outcome on a day where the entire offense struggled. A worthy finale before he turns into a pumpkin when Achane returns after the bye and I lose a RB1 (or RB2, depending on your personal perspectives about Mostert’s performance this season).

The good news for us Mostert owners is that you could bet money that Achane’s little scat back body will get dinged again before the fantasy season ends. Achane has already been carted off in the pre-season and then placed on IR for a separate issue this season, so I would hold your Mosterts if I were you.

85 yards and a TD wasn’t the worst outcome on a day where the entire offense struggled. A worthy finale before he turns into a pumpkin when Achane returns after the bye and I lose a RB1 (or RB2, depending on your personal perspectives about Mostert’s performance this season).

The good news for us Mostert owners is that you could bet money that Achane’s little scat back body will get dinged again before the fantasy season ends. Achane has already been carted off in the pre-season and then placed on IR for a separate issue this season, so I would hold your Mosterts if I were you.
I think Mostert / Achane will be 50/50 split so I think Mostert will still be a mid RB2. Wilson/Ahmed will lose most of their carries though.

WIndow closing to sell here.

Anybody with any luck trading for another RB? Have to think there are owners who still see Mostert and his ceiling even with Achane returning.

According to trade value charts, the likes of T. Pollard, D. Swift, K. Walker, and even Bijan are in the same ballpark maybe if you add a sweatener.

Trying to pry Pollard or Bijan. Both are buy lows right now with much better schedules.

Why is everyone so anxious to sell? Miami will still use a split, so he should be what, a RB 2 now in a great offense?
Feel like he's been an RB2 with Achane out and falls to Rb3/Flex when he returns.

Don't love Miami's schedule. Starting week 12:

12: @NYJ
13: @Wash: ok
14: TN.
15: NYJ
16: DAL
17: @bal

Washington is really the only favorable matchup and that is a pretty terrible fantasy playoff schedule.

And Miami hasn't exactly lit it up when facing above average competition this year.

Anybody with any luck trading for another RB? Have to think there are owners who still see Mostert and his ceiling even with Achane returning.

According to trade value charts, the likes of T. Pollard, D. Swift, K. Walker, and even Bijan are in the same ballpark maybe if you add a sweatener.

Trying to pry Pollard or Bijan. Both are buy lows right now with much better schedules.
The experienced fantasy enthusiasts on this venerable board have given me many good ideas and inspirations over the decades that I’ve been on here. I’ve been trying to move Mostert unsuccessfully for two months but just made a play for both of your suggested targets. The Bijan owner wanted me to throw in Ekeler (lol) and the Pollard owner said, “but isn’t Achane about to take over the 1A?”

The window to sell Mostert has closed, and probably closed a few weeks ago because everyone knew Achane was returning. We’re just going to have to hope for the best: that Mostart gives us RB2 value ROS, with maybe another early season-style blow up day or two mixed in, preferably during the fantasy playoffs.

If you have Mostart on your roster then you’re likely stuck with him unless Achane goes down again.

The experienced fantasy enthusiasts on this venerable board have given me many good ideas and inspirations over the decades that I’ve been on here. I’ve been trying to move Mostert unsuccessfully for two months but just made a play for both of your suggested targets. The Bijan owner wanted me to throw in Ekeler (lol) and the Pollard owner said, “but isn’t Achane about to take over the 1A?”

The window to sell Mostert has closed, and probably closed a few weeks ago because everyone knew Achane was returning. We’re just going to have to hope for the best: that Mostart gives us RB2 value ROS, with maybe another early season-style blow up day or two mixed in, preferably during the fantasy playoffs.

If you have Mostart on your roster then you’re likely stuck with him unless Achane goes down again.
I don't doubt you're right. Holding out hope something can get done. I'd even sell for 0.75 on the dollar.

Offers out to Pollard owner, but he's asleep at the wheel.

Sent to Bijan owner who immediately rejected, shifted gears, and tried to get my ASTB for garbage. Sigh.

What is selling too low? D. Swift? J. Ford? J. Williams? J. Cook??

What will probably happen. I sell Mostert, Achane immediately gets re-injured.

I don't doubt you're right. Holding out hope something can get done. I'd even sell for 0.75 on the dollar.

Offers out to Pollard owner, but he's asleep at the wheel.

Sent to Bijan owner who immediately rejected, shifted gears, and tried to get my ASTB for garbage. Sigh.

What is selling too low? D. Swift? J. Ford? J. Williams? J. Cook??

What will probably happen. I sell Mostert, Achane immediately gets re-injured.
I currently have Mostert, Achane, Pollard and Ford. Riding it out and seeing how things go.

Dynasty data point: I have a competitive team (top points) and traded Mostert after Achane was injured in week 5 for what's likely a mid-ish 2nd. I wouldn't give a 2nd for him today with Achane coming back, but would probably give a 3rd for depth.

Weren't Mosterts best 2 games with Achane?

ETA: It was actually his best game and 3rd best game that happened w/ Achane playing. 2nd best was when Achane was out. Ultimately, I don't think Achane's presence will hurt him. Whatever share he gets might be offset by the defense having to adjust to Achane being utilized too. My expectations are it will be about the same as it has been. RB2 with very high ceiling if the matchup and script go his way.

Last edited:
Why is everyone so anxious to sell? Miami will still use a split, so he should be what, a RB 2 now in a great offense?
Feel like he's been an RB2 with Achane out and falls to Rb3/Flex when he returns.

Don't love Miami's schedule. Starting week 12:

12: @NYJ
13: @Wash: ok
14: TN.
15: NYJ
16: DAL
17: @bal

Washington is really the only favorable matchup and that is a pretty terrible fantasy playoff schedule.

And Miami hasn't exactly lit it up when facing above average competition this year.
Absolutely right. Don't love their schedule. But just may have to roll with him and decide if makes my lineup. He's tough to get much back in a trade right now with Achane coming back, even if other owners are oblivious to his schedule. I'm hoping he still gets some receiving and some red zone looks.

If he has a big game week 13 and your trade deadline hasn't past, you may be able to move him for maximum value right then. I feel like if he puts up decent numbers with Achane back, it will help his value significantly.

For the home audience playing along....we just want to remind everyone the pace Mostert is on as the great Socrates think tank rolls on

200+ carries, almost 1,200 yds rushing which will be a career high, his previous was 891 yds last season.
And then he's on pace for almost 20 TDs rushing, he's already broken his all time TD rushing mark by almost 38% and we're only halfway there.

200-1200-20 TDs plus he's on pace for almost 40 catches and 300 yds and another 4 TD, 24 total TDs?
And people are questioning the manner in which it is provided.

Mostert could land on the Ring of Honor in Miami if he can prolong his career.
He has never carried the ball more than 181 times in a single season so his wear and tear isn't very high for such an old RB.
And he's still got the jets.

We'll see what happens when Achane returns, I don't think Miami wants either one of them to be over used.

And here's another stat I find interesting...his highest number of attempts in college was his Senior Year...93
He's never been a bell cow, he wasn't signed to be one either in 2022 coming over from San Fran, he just sorta fell into being the starting RB for Miami
What I'm saying is, no matter your expectations, he likely is going to be limited to something like 10-12-15 touches tops when Achane returns.

I do think Mostert and an up and down WR3/4/Flex type as a combo should get you back a solid WR as your WR2 as an example.
You can mix and matcha few names

Dynasty data point: I have a competitive team (top points) and traded Mostert after Achane was injured in week 5 for what's likely a mid-ish 2nd. I wouldn't give a 2nd for him today with Achane coming back, but would probably give a 3rd for depth.
I think I'd still give a mid-late 2nd for him if competing. He will slow down but he's a big play threat and it's an offense that likely produces a lot of red zone trips so even in a split you can do worse at rb2.

I sold 2 weeks ago for a mid 2nd in superflex, but I'm a paper tiger there, record looks better than my team really is.

In Dynasty this seems like an easy sell to the front runner or team that most anticipate is likely to win.
Everyone needs another RB or RB3/4, Bye week Flex option, that is the team you want to trade Mostert

He's likely not worth anything to a team that isn't already pretty strong but needs that extra depth for the inevitable Playoffs.
Miami has a 5-week window of LVR, 2 at NYJ-Black Friday, @ at Was, TEN, NYJ and I understand the Jets are not easy to run against but Miami is likely to be favored in both games.

The data doesn't support the assertion that his schedule is difficult. Miami's opponents points allowed to RB by opponent / Avg team PA to RB by opponent weeks 11 to 17:
124%113%96%94%113%87%82%
with 100% meaning an average matchup, NYJ are not a difficult RB matchup.

The data doesn't support the assertion that his schedule is difficult. Miami's opponents points allowed to RB by opponent / Avg team PA to RB by opponent weeks 11 to 17:
124%113%96%94%113%87%82%
with 100% meaning an average matchup, NYJ are not a difficult RB matchup.
They have a 5-week window or period after the Bye week vs slightly easier opponents before they close with BAL-DAL-BUF
The Jets defense is pretty good and Miami is not patient at running the football, appreciate the Jets spotlight but I did post that i see Miami as a clear favorite their next 5 games.
Also, the Jets offense tends to fail the defense, Miami has not looked great defensively, better of late for sure but it's possible the Jets games don't quite add up, just speaking as a lifelong Phinsfan, I've seen these stories before, hope it's as easy as you think it is.

I didn't say it was easy, just not that difficult with exception of week 17 vs Balt which is the 82% (I didn't include week 18 vs Buf). Also I'm not factoring in Mia vs NYJ history, on paper the Eagles D should have destroyed Washington but didn't, not sure if the Jets play over their heads agains Phins.

Users who are viewing this thread