What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Saquon Barkley, PHI (1 Viewer)

Outside of Injury, who beats Saquon this year at RB?

CMAC? Likely
B Hall? I think he has the same questions as saquon
Bijan, Gibbs, Taylor, Etienne, D Henry? - I am sure one of them "could" beat out Barkley, but assuming you had pick #6 or beyond in a standard PPR draft and Cmac and Hall are gone plus the top 3 WRs would you go Chase, Sun God, Barkley, or one of the other RBs (Lets leave the TE's out of the conversation for now)
Given hype and hope versus actual production I would take The Sun God and grab a better value rb later in the draft.

Guys...

STOP TALKING NICELY ABOUT SAQUON BARKLEY

I'm seeing posts and ADP on some websites ranging from him going 2.1 to 2.12 in 14 teamers. Saquon Barkley should not be going 2.12 in a 14-team league, that's criminal.

I need as much negativity on Saquon as possible in the coming months so I can steal him in late the 2nd round in September.

... HEY LET'S TALK ABOUT HOW HE HELD BACK TOP 10 QUARTERBACK DANIEL JONES IN 2024! :argue:

The playcalling and "Tush Push" are the only things keeping him from being in the argument for #1 RB overall.

But those are two very big things to be concerned about.
I'd argue talent is also keeping him from #1 overall RB. He's nowhere near the player CMC is, really at anything, even power running. Barkley is a good player, but man, he gets a lot of leeway for his numbers, because the Giants weren't good. Lots of other RBs produced more in situations just as bad. Barkley hasn't been a great tackle breaker or a high-end pass catcher since he tore his ACL. That elite player from 2018-2019 is gone and is never coming back.

Barkley will be good, because he's in a great offense, and should see a big workload, but I don't think he has elite upside at all. I've got him in the RB6 to RB8 range, as a 2/3 turn kind of guy. Which likely means he may as well not even be on my board.

Hurts, probably well, hurts as well. Both from a TD aspect, and a reception aspect. I think 40 catches is a fair over/under in this offense. Maybe 8-10 TDs. I'd consider it a minor upset if he topped 300 touches. I'm not confident he's the best RB (NFL or fantasy) that changed teams this offseason.

I thought Saquon had a really good year last year.

962 rushing yards in 14 games--on pace for 1168 in 17 games.
10 Total touchdowns in 14 games.
41 receptions--on pace for ~50 receptions in a full 17 games.

He finished as RB12 overall in 0.5 PPR.

The Giants lost their starting Quarterback.
They had no quality playmakers at the receiver position.
They had one of the worst offensive lines in football. PFF had them at 29 going into last year. I can't find this year's, but FBG has them at 27.

Guys that finished above Saquon:
1. CMC
2. Mostert
3. ETN
4. Breece Hall
5. Mixon
6. Kyren
7. White
8. Henry
9. Robinson
10. Gibbs
11. Cook

Of the above--who had a situation just as bad?

Breece didn't have his starting QB, but he had a competent WR in Garrett Wilson that the defense at least had to consider.
Mixon lost his starting QB, but had Chase and Higgins. Higgins missed some time but played 12 games.
Henry wound up with Levis at QB--but again, at least had Hopkins.

I just really don't look at the list and think "A lot of RB's had equally bad situations and did even better." I think Saquons probably was the worst. I don't think Saquon winds up as RB1 overall. I have him around 7 or 8 in my redraft rankings. But I certainly think the #1 overall RB upside exists in this much better situation. I certainly don't think we're giving him too much credit for the Giants bad situation.
I wasn't singling out last season when I said other RB have produced more in just as bad. However, I would argue Breece Hall had did more with less. Garrett Wilson helps, but the Jets OL was every bit as bad, and Zach Wilson was worse than anyone the NYG trotted out, especially Tyrod Taylor. The Jets agree as they signed Tyrod to replace Wilson. One issue I have with Barkley is that I think his lack of supporting cast, is also why his workload has been so big. I'd be shocked if the Eagles used him as much as NY did. He's been option #1 for them his entire career. In Philly he won't be.

I just haven't been very impressed with Barkley since his ACL tear. He doesn't break tackles in the open field anymore. Yes, the teams were sitting on him making it easier to stop him, but he didn't really elevate much beyond what was blocked. The last 2 seasons he's been 23rd and 42nd in Yards after contact per attempt, that is very much an individual stat, that can't be blamed much on supporting cast. For comparisons sake, Breece Hall is 1st and 4th the last 2 years. Derrick Henry was 5th and 9th. Its not the end all be all obviously, but I think its one of a few reasons I don't see his upside being anywhere near #1 overall, unless Barkley himself plays a lot better than he has since 2019. That feels unlikely to me.

I've got Barkley having a season along the lines of:
250 carries
1100 yards
4.4 YPC
8 rush TDs

40 catches
300 yards
7.5 YPR
2 TD catches

That's mid to low RB1 numbers, so I don't hate him by any means, but I think he's still being treated like he's the same player he was 5 years ago, and he's just not. I've got him in the RB6-8 range. I think he and Jacobs are somewhat similar. I don't think he's as safe a bet as Henry is. I think guys who may see smaller workloads like Gibbs or Achane both have higher ceilings. I like him more than Kyren or Etienne.
I wouldn't say Breece had it worse. But I don't know that it's worth arguing either.

Breece is one of the best RB's in football real or fantasy. So to say that he did more than Saquon in a bad situation--that doesn't really count as a knock against Saquon. Saquon still did really good with one of the worst RB situations in football. If the only example you can give me is Breece Hall, I don't think you're really proving Saquon didn't do so good in a bad situation.

You say that Saquon was only so good because of volume. But--going to a better situation--his efficiency SHOULD go up, right? He doesn't need 400 touches at 3.9 yards a carry--because he probably won't be at 3.9 yards per carry anymore.

Swift had 268 touches in 16 games, which extrapolates to 285 in 17 games. So we're almost to 300 touches there alone.
The Eagles combined for 22 rushing touchdowns. Hurts took 15 of those. With Kelce retiring, it's possible they cut down on the Tush push a bit at the goal line.

The Eagles clearly value Barkley more than Swift. They let Swift walk and sign for 8 million a year with the bears.
They're paying Saquon 12 million a year.

I'm not valuing him as a top 5 RB right now, but it seems weird to me to dismiss the improved situation on the basis of "Well, Breece Hall did better with a bad situation."

Agree. So CMC and Breece should definitely go over him. Who else? I’ll give you Bijan and Gibbs. After that it’s a legit argument.
I'll take him and Taylor over Gibbs all day and I live just outside Detroit.

Paul Charchian gives Barkley and 8th round redraft grade for this year. "Barkley is cooked I would rather have Zamir White, Stevenson and Johnathan Brooks" and he doesn't mean because of "value" he means he would take them over Barkley if they were all still on the board in round 8.

Paul Charchian gives Barkley and 8th round redraft grade for this year. "Barkley is cooked I would rather have Zamir White, Stevenson and Johnathan Brooks" and he doesn't mean because of "value" he means he would take them over Barkley if they were all still on the board in round 8.
“There are no wrong opinions” except this one.

Wut?

This is why “experts” should have all their hot takes tracked and clinically evaluated after the fact. People just throw crazy stuff out there and it doesn’t matter how often they are right or wrong — the important thing is to be edgy and get clicks, regardless of how dumb the take is.

This is why “experts” should have all their hot takes tracked and clinically evaluated after the fact. People just throw crazy stuff out there and it doesn’t matter how often they are right or wrong — the important thing is to be edgy and get clicks, regardless of how dumb the take is.
There are a lot of “experts” and posters here at FBG that offer the hot take with no follow up to how it went.
Scouts aren’t perfect and neither are “experts” but some are either on the hot take trail or on their fantasy team.
No one needs to be perfect but accountability goes a long way.

In the Twitter era, "hot takes" sell.

Frankly, it's an advantage for those of us that can differentiate between the wise and the foolish takes. I love it when these guys say dumb ****.

Last edited:
He hates all RB's this year but Barkley is his most hated. He has CMC as his 6th ranked player overall and Gibbs his 30th ranked player overall. Also has Hall and Bijan mid 2nd rounders.

He loves to do the "opposite" that has been his calling card for many years now.

I have a share in dynasty and have no idea what to expect. What are we expecting?
I would expect to try and trade him. if you are contending then run hin into the ground, otherwise I would be looking for a position upgrade elsewhere. I dont think a rookie draft pick for him is going to float your boat.

He is showing some signs of mileage and has gone to a team where the TDs, even at goaline, are shared around.

Just my take, but hes a sell for me.

I have a share in dynasty and have no idea what to expect. What are we expecting?
Where I have him I’m keeping him along with Henry. Ride them into the ground then rebuild.
I never like to get stuck holding a player, even on a contender. I think I may try to move him once the season starts and he’s at peak value.
I get that, but I’d rather win than trade for a 2nd or young player I don’t really like.

Keeping also. My fav to dethrone McCaffery. Or Hall. These 3 are heavy faves in my eyes to finish #1

Saquon. Revenge. Will want to make Giants regret sighni g to tag last year. Team. Top OL. Division retribution. I think Philly willlove sticking it to Giants. Off season. Reports are fantastic.

Sign me up large. Not even looking to deal. Hopes he leads me to a title

Yeah, that's a bit, "I'm trying to make a statement, logic by damned" I mean, I have some hot takes, but there's a difference between having a logical minority opinion, and just being silly. I'm lower than most on Barkley, and I'd take him in round 8, even if I knew he was gonna miss 6+ games. There is absolutely a realistic scenario where Barkley's numbers don't go up in Philly. All of the following things could realistically happen:

1. Barkley doesn't get goal line work due to Hurts
2. Barkley's receiving numbers take a hit, due to a running QB, and better weapons than NYG ever had in Barkley's career.
3. The Eagles OL takes a huge step back without Kelce

Even if all those things happen though, its hard to envision Barkley not being a top-15 RB (and therefore well worth a pick above round 8) and that's a floor. I can certainly understand arguments for guys going after Barkley, like Achane, or Jacobs, or Pacheco for instance (not that I would agree with those, but the argument isn't crazy) but guys like Zamir, Stevenson (who I like) and especially Brooks is some real "that'll get people talking" stuff.

Yeah, that's a bit, "I'm trying to make a statement, logic by damned" I mean, I have some hot takes, but there's a difference between having a logical minority opinion, and just being silly. I'm lower than most on Barkley, and I'd take him in round 8, even if I knew he was gonna miss 6+ games. There is absolutely a realistic scenario where Barkley's numbers don't go up in Philly. All of the following things could realistically happen:

2. Barkley's receiving numbers take a hit, due to a running QB, and better weapons than NYG ever had in Barkley's career.

Even if all those things happen though, its hard to envision Barkley not being a top-15 RB (and therefore well worth a pick above round 8) and that's a floor. I can certainly understand arguments for guys going after Barkley, like Achane, or Jacobs, or Pacheco for instance (not that I would agree with those, but the argument isn't crazy) but guys like Zamir, Stevenson (who I like) and especially Brooks is some real "that'll get people talking" stuff.
It's not a bit dude has been around since 1993 in the Industry. This is how he really feels.

From Google

Paul Charchian started in the fantasy industry in 1993, shortly after graduating from the University of Minnesota. As publisher of Fantasy Football Weekly magazine, he was the first person to publish in-season fantasy football content.

It's not a bit dude has been around since 1993 in the Industry. This is how he really feels.

From Google

Paul Charchian started in the fantasy industry in 1993, shortly after graduating from the University of Minnesota. As publisher of Fantasy Football Weekly magazine, he was the first person to publish in-season fantasy football content.
U of M. That explains it.

Hard Knocks Part 1: Joe Schoen made a New York Giants-sized mistake

The first and most obvious takeaway from episode one of Hard Knocks with the New York Giants was how they handled (botched) the Saquon Barkley negotiations. It became evident that Joe Schoen had horrifically misread the free agency market, especially when it comes to evaluating premier talent.
When healthy and given a respectable offensive line, Barkley has the talent to be a top-five running back in the NFL, maybe top-three. Several NFL executives agree. Giants owner John Mara appeared to agree too, stating, “In a perfect world, I’d still like to have him back.” If that’s not a signal to sign Barkley, I don’t know what is.

But as even Schoen admitted, “You could have Pat Mahomes and he couldn’t f-ing win behind that. I’m not giving up on him.” Okay… then why did you give up on your best offensive player?

But it got better. Schoen also said, “We’ve gotta upgrade the offensive line, and you’re paying Daniel Jones $40M. It’s not to hand the ball off to a $12M back.” Really? Because your rivals are.

The Eagles just agreed to pay Jalen Hurts $51 million so he can hand it off to the Giants’ best-skill position player, and they’re better for it. Perhaps Giants executive Tim McDonnell said it best, “We lose Saquon, what’s our identity gonna be?”
The truth is, without Barkley, the Giants don’t have an offensive identity. Their only saving grace was selecting LSU star receiver Malik Nabers with the sixth overall pick. But relying on a rookie receiver to immediately take your offense to the next level is a very risky move. Especially when considering their QB is coming off a torn ACL, and they now lack an explosive running back who could relieve pressure.

“Are we positive that nobody is going to pay him that kind of money?” – Rossetti

“Who would you say would go sign a running back to that dollar amount?” – Schoen

“Anyone that has money to spend,” – Rossetti

“There’s a lot of running backs in free agency,” – Schoen

“But are there any potential difference-makers after you watch this film?” – Rossetti

Guys...

I'm seeing posts and ADP on some websites ranging from him going 2.1 to 2.12 in 14 teamers. Saquon Barkley should not be going 2.12 in a 14-team league, that's criminal.

I need as much negativity on Saquon as possible in the coming months so I can steal him in late the 2nd round in September.

... HEY LET'S TALK ABOUT HOW HE HELD BACK TOP 10 QUARTERBACK DANIEL JONES IN 2024! :argue:
Here's why he won't be a top10 RB this year: 1) Jalen Hurts vultures most of rushing TDs; 2) saquon has a lot of wear on his tires; 3) Philly always uses a committee approach at RB (maybe less with Barkley but he won't be a workhorse); 4) Philly has a lot of great weapons on offense outside of Barkley

Guys...

Here's why he won't be a top10 RB this year: 1) Jalen Hurts vultures most of rushing TDs; 2) saquon has a lot of wear on his tires; 3) Philly always uses a committee approach at RB (maybe less with Barkley but he won't be a workhorse); 4) Philly has a lot of great weapons on offense outside of Barkley
I disagree with pretty much all 4 of these points in one way or another and would bet the house he finishes a top 10 back if even moderately healthy; say plays 14 games or more. Just have to wait and see at this point. I think he's a steal in the 2nd round, though I think he moves into the late 1st sooner than later in ADP.

I truly believe that the comments made on Hard Knocks the first episode will only fuel Barkley's fire. I can't wait to watch Giants vs Eagles.

Why do you think they paid him top 4 RB money if they don’t plan to let him earn it?
Obviously we’ll have to see, but I’d bet on hurts taking less rushing TDs this year.

I truly believe that the comments made on Hard Knocks the first episode will only fuel Barkley's fire. I can't wait to watch Giants vs Eagles.
Eagles at Giants week 7
Giants at Eagles week 18
Let's see if he can get to week 7 healthy.
No way he plays in week 18 if The Eagles have the division clinched as expected.

Guys...

I disagree with pretty much all 4 of these points in one way or another and would bet the house he finishes a top 10 back if even moderately healthy; say plays 14 games or more. Just have to wait and see at this point. I think he's a steal in the 2nd round, though I think he moves into the late 1st sooner than later in ADP.
I was in solid agreement with the first two points, not as reasons he won't be top 10 but as reasons that will impact his performance but I was out on the last two.That broke off into just listing things to try and make a long list to win an argument/point.

My guess is he'll only start going into round one on average if injuries hit the players in front of him. He's player 16 right now in main format I play, FFPC, but a core of 13-14 of them have held strong all off-season so he's close but that movement will be difficult. I got him as player 13 myself, RB5.

Last few days I've been seeing some twitter comments about how people are saying how bad they view having picks 11-12, some calling it a donation or impossible to win from. Has left me scratching my head and I can only guess they must be referring to the super WR hungry leagues like Underdog and they are bummed the WR's are getting cleaned out. But if I can get Barkley in round early round two, which I have a few times, I'm not at all hating on picking in this range.

Why do you think they paid him top 4 RB money if they don’t plan to let him earn it?
Obviously we’ll have to see, but I’d bet on hurts taking less rushing TDs this year.
My take is basically, the Eagles haven't had a real bellcow RB. Saying "Hurts vultures TDs away" is sort of disingenuous in my humble opinion. The Eagles tend to go with what best works for the team and the players they have. In 2021 they went run heavy b/c they had dustmuffins at WR and the RB position was basically just Miles Sanders + Jags. The strength of the team was the offensive line, so they went run heavy that year. Sanders only played in 12 games, had 754 yard son 138 attempts and famously ZERO touchdowns, while Hurts had 784 yards and 10 touchdowns. This was the pre "tush push" era if you will. If you extrapolated Sanders over a 17 game season it would have been 1068 yards with 194 attempts.

Go to 2022, Hurts still had 760 yards and 13 TDs BUT Sanders had 259 attempts for 1269 yards and 11 touchdowns. Notably the Eagles were NOT going to re-sign Sanders so they basically "ran him into the ground" Him missing the Super Bowl basically wasn't great. The next closest RB at 59 carries. so this kind of goes against that whole "they split the workload" take

2023, Sanders gone, enter Deandre Swift: 229 attempts, 1049 yards, 5 rushing touchdowns. The attempts and yards were easily career highs for Swift, who really isn't a goalline back. Notably Hurts had 605 and 15, and the next closest RB had 84 attempts.

Going into 2024 the questions I would pose is : Is Saquon a better RB than Sanders (who backed him up at Penn State) and Swift. The answer is yes. Is Saquon a powerful enough back to be given the goalline carries over Hurts? I would say, situationally, YES. Has Saquon ever not been the focus of the offense, played with any weapons of note OR played behind an offensive line this talented? A resounding NO would be my answer.

in Summary, I project Saquon to have a very good year, double digit TDs, 1500 yards all purpose floor and be given ample opportunity at piling up touchdowns at the goalline/inside the 5.

Last edited:
My take is basically, the Eagles haven't had a real bellcow RB. Saying "Hurts vultures TDs away" is sort of disingenuous in my humble opinion. The Eagles tend to go with what best works for the team and the players they have. In 2021 they went run heavy b/c they had dustmuffins at WR and the RB position was basically just Miles Sanders + Jags. The strength of the team was the offensive line, so they went run heavy that year. Sanders only played in 12 games, had 754 yardson 13y attempts. and famously ZERO touchdowns, while Hurts had 784 yards and 10 touchdowns. This was the pre "tush push" era if you will. If you extrapolated Sanders over a 17 game season it would have been 1068 yards with 194 attempts.

Go to 2022, Hurts still had 760 yards and 13 TDs BUT Sanders had 259 attempts for 1269 yards and 11 touchdowns. Notably the Eagles were NOT going to re-sign Sanders so they basically "ran him into the ground" Him missing the Super Bowl basically wasn't great. The next closest RB at 59 carriers. so this kind of goes against that whole "they split the workload" take

2023, Sanders gone, enter Deandre Swift: 229 attempts, 1049 yards, 5 rushing touchdowns. The attempts and yards were easily career highs for Swift, who really isn't a goalline back. Notably Hurts had 605 and 15, and the next closest RB had 84 attempts.

Going into 2024 the questions I would pose is : Is Saquon a better RB than Sanders (who backed him up at Penn State) and Swift. The answer is yes. Is Saquon a powerful enough back to be given the goalline carries over Hurts? I would say, situationally, YES. Has Saquon ever not been the focus of the offense, played with any weapons of note OR played behind an offensive line this talented? A resounding NO would be my answer.

in Summary, I project Saquon to have a very good year, double digit TDs, 1500 yards all purpose floor and be given ample opportunity at piling up touchdowns at the goalline/inside the 5.
On board with all this.
:2cents: If I had to bet on the top RB for 2024, I’d have Barkley as third most likely to be the top dog. Just behind CMC, Bijan, tied with Breece.

Guys...

I was in solid agreement with the first two points, not as reasons he won't be top 10 but as reasons that will impact his performance but I was out on the last two.That broke off into just listing things to try and make a long list to win an argument/point.

My guess is he'll only start going into round one on average if injuries hit the players in front of him. He's player 16 right now in main format I play, FFPC, but a core of 13-14 of them have held strong all off-season so he's close but that movement will be difficult. I got him as player 13 myself, RB5.

Last few days I've been seeing some twitter comments about how people are saying how bad they view having picks 11-12, some calling it a donation or impossible to win from. Has left me scratching my head and I can only guess they must be referring to the super WR hungry leagues like Underdog and they are bummed the WR's are getting cleaned out. But if I can get Barkley in round early round two, which I have a few times, I'm not at all hating on picking in this range.
Yeah for sure, that's kinda why I clarified (without providing actual clarity lol) I disagree in one way or another. Hurts has and will continue to vulture TDs. I just think they also haven't exactly had a RB of Barkleys quality and skill set, not to mention, I don't view those vultured TDs as purely just RB losses. Really he's stealing TDs from all the skill positions. Regardless, I think they have an offense capable of putting up enough points to where Barkley could still get 7-8 TDs on the low end and with his rushing and receiving numbers to comfortably wind up a low end RB1.

And the wear on the tires thing.... I'm much more concerned with his health than diminishing skill set. There have always been a few warts in Barkley's game, but I think when healthy he's largely shown to have the same skills at the same level he did as a rookie; and it's as one of the top 5 backs in the game imo. But I think even if he misses 2-3 games to injury, that skill set and his projected usage will be enough to still have RB1 upside. And staying healthy, I think he's the latest ADP RB you can draft right now who wouldn't surprise me ending us as THE RB1. I guess I could argue Achane here too as going later and capable of winding up RB1 overall, but I see him as a greater risk than Barkley.

I'm super bummed in all 3 redraft leagues I play in I have pick 2-5. Was really hoping for a turn pick in at least one league to make the play you just pointed out. I would love to get Barkley with a Nacua, Brown, Wilson, maybe even Nico depending how things play out. I like those turn picks in redraft anyhow as you can dictate positional runs and play tier breaks a bit easier than being stuck in the middle, in my experience at least.

His ADP continues to plummet in underdog he is down to 20.4 now and I was watching a draft yesterday and he fell all the way to the 3.06.

Word on the Birds
In an ESPN survey of league executives, coaches, and scouts Saquon Barkley was ranked the 4th best Running Back in the league.

“He's going to be a beast. The weapons around him on the outside, dual-threat QB, shotgun runs, his versatility -- it's a perfect fit.”

— A Veteran AFC Scout

@Clevta
Rare for an RB to be a needle mover but I see it w Saquon. Saquon played behind a bottom 16 run blocking OL in 5/6 career seasons in NY (by PFF grade) while he now gets an Eagles OL that has finished top 5 three straight yrs. Lead PHI RB yds b4 contact/rush the L3 yrs: 2nd, 4th, 5th. Saquon 33rd, 21st, 40th. Culture shock with the lanes he's about to see

@Clevta
I love Saquon this year too. One of my fav stats-Barkley has run the ball a grand total of 19 times in his entire 6 yr career in the 4th Q up > 8 pts. PHI RBs have received 109 carries up>8 in the 4th just the L2 yrs alone. Add in the huge OL gap btw NY & he’s going to explode imo

Word on the Birds
In an ESPN survey of league executives, coaches, and scouts Saquon Barkley was ranked the 4th best Running Back in the league.

“He's going to be a beast. The weapons around him on the outside, dual-threat QB, shotgun runs, his versatility -- it's a perfect fit.”

— A Veteran AFC Scout

Behind the paywall but the survey resulted in this Top 10:
  1. CMC
  2. Hall
  3. Chubb :oldunsure:
  4. Barkley
  5. JT
  6. Bijan
  7. Jacobs
  8. Gibbs
  9. Henry
  10. ETN

Word on the Birds

— A Veteran AFC Scout

1. CMC
  2. Hall
  4. Barkley
  5. JT
  6. Bijan
  7. Jacobs
  8. Gibbs
  9. Henry
  10. ETN
Bijan will be way higher up the list this time next year

Word on the Birds

— A Veteran AFC Scout

1. CMC
  2. Hall
  4. Barkley
  5. JT
  6. Bijan
  7. Jacobs
  8. Gibbs
  9. Henry
  10. ETN
Interesting list. A healthy Chubb probably is top 5. Henry seems low.

It's kind of insulting. GM goes we need to build up the offensive line for Daniel Jones. We need to know what we have. He's had 2 serious injuries in 3 years.

Meanwhile like others stated he tries to sell Barkley on being a Giant legend. Doesn't mention that we need to build up the line for Barkley. It's almost as if they had moved on from Barkley. Unless the market dictated that he'd be a bargain buy for the Giants.

2024 Jones cap is 47.9 million dollars. I coukd be wrong on this. I know the RB position has been devalued over the years. With WR and QB's making insane money. It's a shame

It's kind of insulting
If not at least disrespectful.

The idea of trying to sell him on being a Giants legend with the knowledge he'd likely be offering a million or so less. Discussing stuff like going after Brian Burns and his price would be $28-29m. Idea I got was when it came to Burns it was like "what's a million here or there" but when it came to Barkley it was as if he was saying whatever he's offered on the open market if he comes back to us we'll offer a million or so less, at least, and sell him on being a Giants legend. That's no way to treat the heart and soul of your team.

This show made it painfully obvious that Schoen was ready to move on from Barkley and that Barkley was tired of his crap. If Barkley blows up and Singletary falters this might this might be what the AJ Brown trade was to Jon Robinson, the move that could cost him his job.

I know the RB position has been devalued over the years. With WR and QB's making insane money. It's a shame
The Eagles are paying everyone top dollar because of the way they chose to use the void years. I don't blame other teams for not doing that as has potential to be very ugly several years down the road. But I will give credit to Roseman, and knock on Schoen, that seeing a situation were the RB has become so devalued that when you can get a guy like Barkely for less then a WR like Darnell Mooney for example is getting that the devaulation on the market has lead to value to the team.

If I ran a team I'd probably not trying to pay older RB' but some RB's are just worth the coin. Devin Singletary is going to be getting paid roughly about half of what Barkley will make, so saving about $6m a year with about half the guarantees. I mean just spend the $6m or so more and get an actual difference maker for petes sake, without even getting into how well that go over in the locker room and fan base. I'd have had more respect for Schoens decision if he'd stayed tight on the RB market, not trying to knock Singletary but his caliber is all over the place. Just up the ante for a player that's actualy unique and well. He overpaid for average, it's hard to overpay elite players and if Barkely is not that he's still close.

Admittedly I've only seen the clips circulating and not the actual episodes, and am a Saquon fan, but Shoen seems way in over his head. Mara had some very nice things to say about SB, and I'd guess that's where a large part of SB's loyalty to NYG lies, but SB seemed borderline annoyed to be answering a call from Joe Shoen. Can't say I blame him. Mara seems nice like a nice guy who simply cannot hire quality people around him to save his life.

Furthering the Shoen hate. The clip of the WR coach baiting MHJr into **** talking his college QB (unprofessional, but whatever) had Shoen giggling like a doggone school girl. If he had any self-awareness he'd be embarrassed. Your team and roster is absolute dog crap but you're gonna get off from one of your staff members dragging a college kid? Props to Maserati Marv for not taking the bait. He seemed to be the only professional in the room.

Users who are viewing this thread