What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Reunion Teams & Discourse (1 Viewer)

4.13 Matt Ryan, QB ATL

1.2 Arian Foster, RB HOU

2.13 Miles Austin, WR DAL

3.2 Vincent Jackson, WR SD

5.2 Jimmy Graham, TE NO

Feel like every player here will have a fantastic season. Guess I can't ask for much more than that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I almost went WR in the 4th with the idea to snag Cutler in the 5th. Good thing I went QB because Pictus would have trumped that plan.

I have Capt. Hook's 5.13 pick and Ravnzfan turn picks. I have to be to work at 10a.m. and don't have internet access. Hopefully I can make their picks before I leave for work. If not, I'll be home for lunch at 2p.m. and will make them then. Hope that doesn't hold things up for you guys.

Moreno is not one of my favorites, but hoping that he will keep up his involvement in the Bronco passing game. Ran for 4.3 ypa on 182 attempts in 13 games a year ago and also had 37 catches.
May not be a fav, but I think he was $ where you got him - actually thought he was going to make it back to me at the end of the round and would have been glad to have him there even IF the Broncos bring in another RB.Twilight foiled my other plansquad through six roundsQB - TBDRB - DMac (8)WR - Maclin (7), Bryant (5), Collie (11), Knox (8)TE - Gates (6)Going WR heavy because we get three scores there and that was the value at my draft spots - solid four as long as Collie is on the field and his insurance was one of the reasons I drafted Knox right away. Now if I just get the right kicker :eek:

Through 7:

Ben Roethlisberger QB PIT

Jamaal Charles RB KC

Ryan Grant RB GBP

Greg Jennings WR GBP

Anquan Boldin WR BAL

Mike Williams WR SEA

Dallas Clark TE IND

I was able to plug in the rest of my skill position starting lineup at the 6/7 turn. I am ecstatic to have Mike Williams as my WR3. I see 85+ catch upside for this guy in 2011. QB situation is pretty iffy. Grant is going to be given every opportunity to return to a 20 touch per game guy imo. I like Starks well enough but I think Grant is the lead back by a good margin 11. I thik BJax is likely gone and I'm not a fan of Green at all.

I had one other guy I would have really liked to take at 7.03, but felt it more prudent to grab my RB2 here before the tier dries up.

Sent Ravnzfan an e-mail to his blackberry to send me a list for his next picks. He's 8 picks away and I wanted to give him enough time to get me his list of players so I can make his picks and keep your draft moving. Thanks to Cpt.Hook for giving me his addy.

GoBW

Ravnzfan's team's not looking too bad so far.

QB-Romo,RB's-Mendenhall & Benson,WR's-M.Williams(TB)& Rice,TE-Witten

I'm not drafting anywhere near the strategy I had planned coming in and I'm not sure about my results at this point.

I don't hate my team, but I'm out of my comfort zone with some of these picks.

I started the draft with the idea of WR/RB/TE/QB. Fat Chance. I adjusted best as I can.

TEAMS UPDATED. Read 'em and weep.

okay now squad through eight rounds looks more normal

QB - Flacco (5)

RB - DMac (8), FJax (7)

WR - Maclin (7), Bryant (5), Collie (11), & Knox (8)

TE - Gates (6)

and a BIG thanks to Ghost of Bill Walsh for helping at the end of the draft while Steve is off the grid :thumbup:

okay now squad through eight rounds looks more normalQB - Flacco (5)RB - DMac (8), FJax (7)WR - Maclin (7), Bryant (5), Collie (11), & Knox (8)TE - Gates (6)and a BIG thanks to Ghost of Bill Walsh for helping at the end of the draft while Steve is off the grid :thumbup:
Aw shucks, little old me :blush: . No seriously, this is a very good group of fantasy footballers and glad I can be a small part of your draft and help you guys out when needed. Watching your draft has also helped me with my player assessments so thanks to you guys for that :thumbup:

2.05 rzrback77 - Aaron Rodgers, QB2, GB

4.05 rzrback77 - Ryan Matthews, RB17, SD

5.10 rzrback77 - Knowshon Moreno, RB24, DEN

1.10 rzrback77 - Calvin Johnson, WR3, DET

3.10 rzrback77 - Brandon Marshall, WR14, MIA

6.05 rzrback77 - Michael Crabtree, WR29, SF

8.05 rzrback77 - Jacoby Ford WR40, OAK

7.10 rzrback77 - Dustin Keller, TE13, NYJ

Likiing how the WR corp is developing. With Jacoby Ford, he likely will not score consistently, but when he does it could be huge. I really like him as a best ball WR because you get credit for all of the boom weeks. Picks becoming more difficult to make at this point in the draft,

2.05 rzrback77 - Aaron Rodgers, QB2, GB4.05 rzrback77 - Ryan Matthews, RB17, SD5.10 rzrback77 - Knowshon Moreno, RB24, DEN1.10 rzrback77 - Calvin Johnson, WR3, DET3.10 rzrback77 - Brandon Marshall, WR14, MIA6.05 rzrback77 - Michael Crabtree, WR29, SF8.05 rzrback77 - Jacoby Ford WR40, OAK7.10 rzrback77 - Dustin Keller, TE13, NYJLikiing how the WR corp is developing. With Jacoby Ford, he likely will not score consistently, but when he does it could be huge. I really like him as a best ball WR because you get credit for all of the boom weeks. Picks becoming more difficult to make at this point in the draft,
Really wanted Ford. Almost took him at 7.03 but needed an RB2. RB is a bit scary, but otherwise nice work so far.

'Captain Hook said:
okay now squad through eight rounds looks more normal

QB - Flacco (5)

RB - DMac (8), FJax (7)

WR - Maclin (7), Bryant (5), Collie (11), & Knox (8)

TE - Gates (6)

and a BIG thanks to Ghost of Bill Walsh for helping at the end of the draft while Steve is off the grid :thumbup:
:banned: HUGE help, as I was on the road Sunday before the 5/6 turn and not home yet today when I was up w/the 7/8!

as far as I'm concerned, GoBW has auto dibs on Alt-1 for the Reunion, if anyone ever decides to drop

From what I've seen you guys have put together an very good league with top notch owners. This league should continue to thrive and be successful simply because of the parts that make up the league. I definitely don't have a problem being an alternate and if no team comes open in the near future I'm ok with that. I've been in many leagues over my 20 plus years of FF and only a handful of them have I been in more than 5 years. Good leagues continue to thrive because of the owners they have and I'm certain Reunion will be one of those leagues that continues to have guys come back year after year.

Still, if I never get a spot I will continue to show support for the league and help you guys in whatever way I can. I can still learn a great deal from just following the league and that in turn will help me in my others leagues. I'm never too proud to learn more and enhance my fantasy knowledge as much as I can. Even though I'm not in the league it can still be a very useful tool for me.I think you guys are having a good draft and I'll enjoy following it the rest of the way.

GoBW

:banned: HUGE help, as I was on the road Sunday before the 5/6 turn and not home yet today when I was up w/the 7/8!as far as I'm concerned, GoBW has auto dibs on Alt-1 for the Reunion, if anyone ever decides to drop
Gentlemen,Why don't we up this league to 16 teams? This will increase the $ take a bit, and bring it more in line with the other FBG surviovor leagues we participate in?Anyone care to second?

This is winner take all right? If we bump to 16 I would vote for runner up taking some of the pot.

Have you considered a second league with double up fill ins? Most of my leagues are 12. 16 is a diffirent animal. You might be able to start a 12 right now.

:banned: HUGE help, as I was on the road Sunday before the 5/6 turn and not home yet today when I was up w/the 7/8!as far as I'm concerned, GoBW has auto dibs on Alt-1 for the Reunion, if anyone ever decides to drop
Gentlemen,Why don't we up this league to 16 teams? This will increase the $ take a bit, and bring it more in line with the other FBG surviovor leagues we participate in?Anyone care to second?
Actually I am going to vote against.The survivor leagues which most of us do are 16 teamers which is larger than most FF leagues we do. That is fine because of the survivor format. But I like this one being closer to other money leagues we do (while FFPC, FBGPC, and NFFC Primetime are 12 teamers, the NFFC Classic is a large, high stakes 14 team league and since the Reunion is H2H which is a part of all those leagues it is nice for many of use to have it closer in size.

Much prefer league with 12 for much of the reasons Hook mentioned, and some others as well. There is bound to be some turnover at some point and it's nice to know there are quality guys around waiting in the wings to join when opportunity knocks. :thumbup:

loved the Fred Jackson pick in the 8th round...

also Best in the 5th, the Lynch pick, and Braylon in the 8th...

:bowtie: :bowtie: TY - that was the second pick of a HUGE turn for me adding Flacco and FJaxFlacco should easily be a top fourteen quarterback and I can see him in the top 10-12 pretty easily and if I missed there.....Jackson is always undervalued in drafts but produces in PPR leagues and I really needed a nice RB2 having a second tier RB1 and having been sniped on a few RB2 candidates earlier.

Allright then, staus quo.

I was just thinking a couple extra teams would reduce my chances of picking from the one hole.

Did I mention the first spot sucks!

:bowtie: :bowtie: TY - that was the second pick of a HUGE turn for me adding Flacco and FJaxFlacco should easily be a top fourteen quarterback and I can see him in the top 10-12 pretty easily and if I missed there.....Jackson is always undervalued in drafts but produces in PPR leagues and I really needed a nice RB2 having a second tier RB1 and having been sniped on a few RB2 candidates earlier.
agreed about him being undervalued and think he will continue to be the bell cow in that backfield....starting to think that the Spiller experiment may not be what they thought he was going to be when drafted with their 1st pick....

Well that round really sucked - I really wanted to pair up Tebow with Flacco and didn't think he would be on people's list this round. Kolb, hopefully chucking to Fitz here in the desert would have been a nice consolation prize....But NO.

Would anyone else have taken Spiller if Scott hadn't? I really thought about pairing FJax and Spiller but couldn't do it last round so would have been on the queue here.

If he was there I would have taken Spiller over LeShoure. I had actually planned on a Spiller/WR turn but ended up with Bradford instead at 8.12, much to the chagrin of OM

Well that round really sucked - I really wanted to pair up Tebow with Flacco and didn't think he would be on people's list this round. Kolb, hopefully chucking to Fitz here in the desert would have been a nice consolation prize....But NO. :stirspot: Would anyone else have taken Spiller if Scott hadn't? I really thought about pairing FJax and Spiller but couldn't do it last round so would have been on the queue here.

Much prefer league with 12 for much of the reasons Hook mentioned, and some others as well. There is bound to be some turnover at some point and it's nice to know there are quality guys around waiting in the wings to join when opportunity knocks. :thumbup:
I have to agree with this that keeping it at 14 would be the best. I don't mind waiting for a spot.If you go to 16 I think it will dilute the rosters and teams will have players that are marginal starters.

With Tebow, Bradford, Flacco available all that time, I was second guessing my early QBs and considering a third.

I'm working 10am-7pm Sat.,Sun.& Mon. but if anyone's going to be away I'll take picks lists for anyone if they need to send one. I just won't be able to make picks during my work hours as I have no internet access, but will gladly make picks for someone when I'm home. I'm off next Tues.,Wed., & Thurs. So if you need my help just give me a shout out :thumbup: All I ask is to give enough players to cover your pick if it's a few slots away.

GoBW

while I still think F. Jackson in the 8th is the SOD....Shadow backing up Schaub with Tebow is a pretty strong combo....don;t like the Branch pick tho....

like the 3, 4, 5, 6, teams in this draft....much better than the rest....looks like the sweet spot....

Thanks for the quick hit, Stink.

I think it is important to look at all the teams when forming an opinion on any of them.

Team rzrback77

2.05 Aaron Rodgers 8 QB2 GB

4.05 Ryan Matthews 6 RB17 SD

5.10 Knowshon Moreno 6 RB24 DEN

10.5 Chris Wells 6 RB36 ARZ

12.5 Pierre Thomas 11 RB47 NO

1.10 Calvin Johnson 9 WR3 DET

3.10 Brandon Marshall 5 WR14 MIA

6.05 Michael Crabtree 7 WR29 SF

8.05 Jacoby Ford 8 WR40 OAK

7.10 Dustin Keller 8 TE13 NYJ

9.10 Jermaine Gresham 7 TE17 CIN

11.10 Green Bay 8 DST2

Team rzrback772.05 Aaron Rodgers 8 QB2 GB4.05 Ryan Matthews 6 RB17 SD5.10 Knowshon Moreno 6 RB24 DEN10.5 Chris Wells 6 RB36 ARZ12.5 Pierre Thomas 11 RB47 NO1.10 Calvin Johnson 9 WR3 DET3.10 Brandon Marshall 5 WR14 MIA6.05 Michael Crabtree 7 WR29 SF8.05 Jacoby Ford 8 WR40 OAK7.10 Dustin Keller 8 TE13 NYJ9.10 Jermaine Gresham 7 TE17 CIN11.10 Green Bay 8 DST2
you had to play catchup at RB.....and you better hope Matthews outperforms a 4.5 pick....there is probably a reason he fell there...some indication Moreno might not be the man either...weren't both the 12th pick of the draft...?....they need to show up....but talk in DEN is about bringing in someone that prevents Moreno from being a primary....not a solid #2...other 2 are guys who have had impact rooks drafted to compete....like QB and WR....wonder what you could have done at RB instead of Marshall and then got at WR in the 4th...I'll take a look...eta: looking back, really no real better directions to go, although knowing Lynch and Jackson would last so long might have been nice...could have maybe passed on Moreno and upgraded elsewhere....and then snagged one of them as they may very well outproduce Moreno....

'Stinkin Ref said:
'rzrback77 said:
Team rzrback772.05 Aaron Rodgers 8 QB2 GB4.05 Ryan Matthews 6 RB17 SD5.10 Knowshon Moreno 6 RB24 DEN10.5 Chris Wells 6 RB36 ARZ12.5 Pierre Thomas 11 RB47 NO1.10 Calvin Johnson 9 WR3 DET3.10 Brandon Marshall 5 WR14 MIA6.05 Michael Crabtree 7 WR29 SF8.05 Jacoby Ford 8 WR40 OAK7.10 Dustin Keller 8 TE13 NYJ9.10 Jermaine Gresham 7 TE17 CIN11.10 Green Bay 8 DST2
you had to play catchup at RB.....and you better hope Matthews outperforms a 4.5 pick....there is probably a reason he fell there...some indication Moreno might not be the man either...weren't both the 12th pick of the draft...?....they need to show up....but talk in DEN is about bringing in someone that prevents Moreno from being a primary....not a solid #2...other 2 are guys who have had impact rooks drafted to compete....like QB and WR....wonder what you could have done at RB instead of Marshall and then got at WR in the 4th...I'll take a look...eta: looking back, really no real better directions to go, although knowing Lynch and Jackson would last so long might have been nice...could have maybe passed on Moreno and upgraded elsewhere....and then snagged one of them as they may very well outproduce Moreno....
Thanks for the stinkin comments. Have to share a short story, we are entertaining our fice year old grtandaughter for eight days (now on day day 5) and I was playing a My Little Kitty Concentration game with her last night and needless to say there were lots of varieties of kitties and I was having trouble seeing the differences. Turned one over and said "Another stinkin kitty!". Well, I probably added an unnecessary word to her vocabulary as the rest of the game was filled with stinkin comments followed by loads of laughter. Yes, she won.Anyway, I totally agree with your assessment and I seem to fall into the same trap with some survivors. IMO, there are a lot more potential late RBs that can fill the two scoring positions, especially with ppr rules and the need for three scores from WR. If I had been in the top six or so, I would have definitely begun with a likely stud RB. Picking lower, it is harder to ignore the value at WR that I see in those 10-14 draftiong slots. With the exception of Wells, though I grabbed guys that typically are effective receivers. Maybe Reggie Bush will leave the Saints and Pierre will be the combo to Ingram. :confused:

could somebody maybe post the scoring and lineup requirements for us guys with no life that are following along....tia

could somebody maybe post the scoring and lineup requirements for us guys with no life that are following along....tia
We appreciate kibitzers ref - especially those nice enough to value/postThe scoring/lineups/roster size are exactly the same as the survivor leagues BUT we play H2H matches each week into a playoff instead of the elimination method

Hook Team

QB

Flacco (5) 7.13

Fitzpartick (7) 9.13

RB

McFadden (8) 2.02

FJax (7) 8.02

Tolbert (6) 12.02

WR

Maclin (7) 3.13

Dez Bryant (5) 4.02

Collie (11) 5.13

Knox (8) 6.02

Amendola (5) 10.02

TE

Gates (6) 1.13

Watson (5) 11.13

We appreciate kibitzers ref - especially those nice enough to value/postThe scoring/lineups/roster size are exactly the same as the survivor leagues BUT we play H2H matches each week into a playoff instead of the elimination method
so it's best ball each week....you don't have to submit a lineup?

so it's best ball each week....you don't have to submit a lineup?
correct - again just like survivor teams, bestball and no free agent pickups

Users who are viewing this thread