What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Reunion Teams & Discourse (5 Viewers)

didn't realize it was best ball...

with the best ball format my initial thought was that the QB's would get a little more love than they did....meaning QB2's would go earlier....

Tebow and Fitzpatrick in the 9th seems like incredible value in this format as "backups"....

Hook TeamQB Flacco (5) 7.13Fitzpartick (7) 9.13RBMcFadden (8) 2.02FJax (7) 8.02Tolbert (6) 12.02WRMaclin (7) 3.13Dez Bryant (5) 4.02Collie (11) 5.13Knox (8) 6.02Amendola (5) 10.02TEGates (6) 1.13Watson (5) 11.13
this is very solid work out of the 13th spot....Fitz should be great in this format and Fred is SOD....WR are solid/Amendola also seems like a steal in the 10th in a PPR league....TE at 2 PPR and your "backup" had over 70 catches last year.... :thumbup:

didn't realize it was best ball...with the best ball format my initial thought was that the QB's would get a little more love than they did....meaning QB2's would go earlier....Tebow and Fitzpatrick in the 9th seems like incredible value in this format as "backups"....
:goodposting: I agree although in fairness I was the team that got Fitzpatrick........I really had designs on Tebow as my QB2 as the draft was unfolding, but since I got FJax at 8.02 after Flacco at 7.13, I needed to wait for my second quarterback and fell short on him. I thought Fitz was clearly the best choice of all remaining qbs.I do understand with so many parts of the roster to address that those with the STUD quarterbacks put QB2 on the back burner hoping they are really only "playing him" in their QB1's bye week. Those with the mid range QB1s would be the most likely to address QB2 earlier in the draft.

didn't realize it was best ball...with the best ball format my initial thought was that the QB's would get a little more love than they did....meaning QB2's would go earlier....Tebow and Fitzpatrick in the 9th seems like incredible value in this format as "backups"....
:goodposting: I agree although in fairness I was the team that got Fitzpatrick........I really had designs on Tebow as my QB2 as the draft was unfolding, but since I got FJax at 8.02 after Flacco at 7.13, I needed to wait for my second quarterback and fell short on him. I thought Fitz was clearly the best choice of all remaining qbs.I do understand with so many parts of the roster to address that those with the STUD quarterbacks put QB2 on the back burner hoping they are really only "playing him" in their QB1's bye week. Those with the mid range QB1s would be the most likely to address QB2 earlier in the draft.
even the top 5-6 QB's will have stinker fantasy weeks on occassion (even if their team wins) so nice to have a couple options especially a second option that could put up huge weeks (Tebow).....I guess the risk of not backing up your stud is a little less in a non-survivior format....you may just get a loss that week, but not eliminated from a competition....I guess maybe come playoff time it would nice to have a few more options to chose from...

Last edited by a moderator:
even the top 5-6 QB's will have stinker fantasy weeks on occassion (even if their team wins) so nice to have a couple options especially a second option that could put up huge weeks (Tebow).....I guess the risk of not backing up your stud is a little less in a non-survivior format....you may just get a loss that week, but not eliminated from a competition....I guess maybe come playoff time it would nice to have a few more options to chose from...
AJ Mass, a very good fantasy writer at ESPN, has a new article up where he questions the strategy (in regular one QB leagues) of whether to draft a STUD QB or wait and draft two middle of the road quarterbacks.His analysis suggests that while picking a combo will often outpoint say the 5th ranked QB, that success lies in being able to pick the right one each week and that practically it will be very hard to do. His combo of Chad Henne and David Garrard in fact would have outscored Drew Brees last season if you played the right guy.However in best ball leagues we don't have the lineup choice - we always play the right guy, so two mid range quarterbacks will often be better than a STUD and a longshot and at least be worth the points you add at the other skill positions by waiting on drafting your quarterbacks.

I backed up peytOn with garrard. I saw no jax games last year. What's the chances of a bounceback year for garrard with the added competition?

I backed up peytOn with garrard. I saw no jax games last year. What's the chances of a bounceback year for garrard with the added competition?
Some expect Garrard to be replaced to see what they have in the rookie, especially if the season gets away from them. Having a stud with a late bye, you have to hope he does well just to be around for the bye week.

5.08 Pictus Cat - Jay Cutler, QB13, CHI

6.07 Pictus Cat - Matthew Stafford, QB14, DET

2.07 Pictus Cat - Frank Gore, RB12, SF

4.07 Pictus Cat - Ahmad Bradshaw, RB18, NYG

11.08 Pictus Cat - Delone Carter, RB43, IND

1.08 Pictus Cat - Roddy White, WR2, ATL

3.08 Pictus Cat - Wes Welker, WR13, NE

9.08 Pictus Cat - Lance Moore, WR50, NO

10.07 Pictus Cat - Derrick Mason, WR55, BAL

12.07 Pictus Cat - Malcolm Floyd, WR63, SD

7.08 Pictus Cat - Kellen Winslow Jr., TE12, TB

8.07 Pictus Cat - Aaron Hernandez, TE15, NE

I think I have balanced throughout the draft, but have not picked up as much value as I would have liked in the draft at the middle spot.

66% complete

4.06 ShadowMaster - Matt Schaub, QB8, HOU

9.09 ShadowMaster - Tim Tebow, QB18, DEN

1.09 ShadowMaster - LeSean McCoy, RB7, PHL

2.06 ShadowMaster - Matt Forte, RB11, CHI

11.09 ShadowMaster - Ronnie Brown, RB44, MIA

5.09 ShadowMaster - Percy Harvin, WR23, MIN

6.06 ShadowMaster - Deion Branch, WR30, NE

7.09 ShadowMaster - Davone Bess, WR37, MIA

8.06 ShadowMaster - Jordy Nelson, WR41, GB

12.06 ShadowMaster - Anthony Armstrong, WR62, WAS

3.09 ShadowMaster - Vernon Davis, TE5, SF

10.06 ShadowMaster - Tony Moeaki, TE20, KC

66% complete4.06 ShadowMaster - Matt Schaub, QB8, HOU9.09 ShadowMaster - Tim Tebow, QB18, DEN1.09 ShadowMaster - LeSean McCoy, RB7, PHL2.06 ShadowMaster - Matt Forte, RB11, CHI11.09 ShadowMaster - Ronnie Brown, RB44, MIA5.09 ShadowMaster - Percy Harvin, WR23, MIN6.06 ShadowMaster - Deion Branch, WR30, NE7.09 ShadowMaster - Davone Bess, WR37, MIA8.06 ShadowMaster - Jordy Nelson, WR41, GB12.06 ShadowMaster - Anthony Armstrong, WR62, WAS3.09 ShadowMaster - Vernon Davis, TE5, SF10.06 ShadowMaster - Tony Moeaki, TE20, KC
An interesting team for sure - IF Brown resigns or signs in a good place, IF Harvin can find meds that work, IF Nelson takes the hoped for step up and Branch or Armstrong can be a WR2 you might do some damage. I like the QB and TE for sure and think the RB can be solid - it's that receiving group that is below average - for now

I think I have balanced throughout the draft, but have not picked up as much value as I would have liked in the draft at the middle spot.
I think this team could be a contender although I am not high on the Carter pick and you could have done better there, but I really like the WR and the QB/TE combos could play up to STUD levels pretty easily

4.14 Old Milwaukee - Josh Freeman, QB11, TB

1.01 Old Milwaukee - Chris Johnson, RB1, TEN

5.01 Old Milwaukee - Daniel Thomas, RB20, MIA

10.14 Old Milwaukee - Reggie Bush, RB38, NO

11.01 Old Milwaukee - DeMarco Murray, RB39, DAL

2.14 Old Milwaukee - Mike Wallace, WR9, PIT

3.01 Old Milwaukee - DeSean Jackson, WR10, PHL

8.14 Old Milwaukee - Robert Meachem, WR45, NO

9.01 Old Milwaukee - Lee Evans,WR46, BUF

13.01 Old Milwaukee - Nate Burleson, WR66, DET

12.14 Old Milwaukee - New England Patriots, DST9

6.14 Old Milwaukee - Chris Cooley, TE10, WAS

7.01 Old Milwaukee - Brandon Pettigrew, TE11, DET
from the dreaded first spot..........

core in place...... back up QB,WR,DST still to go

13.09 Shadowmaster - Golden Tate, WR70, SEA

I feel good at QB, starting RBs, and TE. The WR group is clearly the grey area of this team.

Problem - I have no WR1. Everyone here is a WR2.

Problem - Free Agency/Team flux. The eventual free agency rush could impact this team. Who throws in Minny, Washington, or Seattle? Where does Rice sign? James Jones? Does Sims-Walker go to Miami?

Positive - Except for Branch, these are all young players who could still improve on past performance. Armstrong and Tate have solid growth potential.

Deep WR depth has never been my strong point. The way the draft unfolded led down a path where I waited on the position. I tried to make up for that a bit with what I call Home Run Swings on potential breakout candidates. Hopefully I don't whif on too many of these.

Team rzrback77 update through round 13

2.05 Aaron Rodgers 8 QB2 GB

4.05 Ryan Matthews 6 RB17 SD

5.10 Knowshon Moreno 6 RB24 DEN

10.5 Chris Wells 6 RB36 ARZ

12.5 Pierre Thomas 11 RB47 NO

13.10 Michael Bush 8 RB50 Oak??

1.10 Calvin Johnson 9 WR3 DET

3.10 Brandon Marshall 5 WR14 MIA

6.05 Michael Crabtree 7 WR29 SF

8.05 Jacoby Ford 8 WR40 OAK

7.10 Dustin Keller 8 TE13 NYJ

9.10 Jermaine Gresham 7 TE17 CIN

11.10 Green Bay 8 DST2

Can't recall ever taking 5 RBs before taking my fifth WR, but really like Michael Bush that late in the draft. I am very confident that this team will outperform my 2010 edition. Please do not research how my team did a year ago. :football:

Team rzrback77 update through round 13

11.10 Green Bay 8 DST2

Can't recall ever taking 5 RBs before taking my fifth WR, but really like Michael Bush that late in the draft. I am very confident that this team will outperform my 2010 edition. Please do not research how my team did a year ago. :football:
he could end up saving your bacon at RB.... :thumbup:

13.09 Shadowmaster - Golden Tate, WR70, SEA

I feel good at QB, starting RBs, and TE. The WR group is clearly the grey area of this team.

Problem - I have no WR1. Everyone here is a WR2.

Problem - Free Agency/Team flux. The eventual free agency rush could impact this team. Who throws in Minny, Washington, or Seattle? Where does Rice sign? James Jones? Does Sims-Walker go to Miami?

Positive - Except for Branch, these are all young players who could still improve on past performance. Armstrong and Tate have solid growth potential.

Deep WR depth has never been my strong point. The way the draft unfolded led down a path where I waited on the position. I tried to make up for that a bit with what I call Home Run Swings on potential breakout candidates. Hopefully I don't whif on too many of these.
i like your team so far...Branch was really the only pick where I thought you could have maybe gone in a different direction...I could be totally wrong and I may just not be as high on Branch as others...thought maybe a couple other guys you could have taken a shot at with maybe a little more pop (AJ Green)....Branch seemed kiinda like a safe boring/pick which I know has to happen sometimes....

I’m bored.

Quick hit on some attention grabbers:

3.10 rzrback77 - Brandon Marshall, WR14, MIA: Top 5 kind of body/talent, would not be surprised to see him have one of those years where he comes back and proves he is a beast and starts dominating DB’s again. Could easily outperform WR14. Even in a “down” year still a stud. More TD’s will come which makes this a solid pick in the late third.

4.04 Twilight - Mark Ingram, RB16, NO: In that offense solid pick in the 4th.

5.06 grouse - Jahvid Best, RB22, DET: If we assume the injuries are behind him are there really 21 RB’s with more talent? I don’t think so. Many think LeShoure in town will limit him, but it might actually help. With the weapons in DET (I liked the Titus Young pick by them) there may be more open spaces for Best and we got a small glimpse of what he can do with open space last year. Will any of us be really surprised if he makes the jump into the top 10? It’s not like his talent will all of a sudden surprise us. I think Best is one of those guys to grab this year as you take advantage of everybody being turned off by how last year went. We could be talking about him in the 1st round next year. 1st round talent in the 5th. Talent don’t lie.

6.11 Fiddles - Marshawn Lynch, RB27, SEA: Solid pick in the 6th and with little competition for carries he should easily outperform RB27.

7.06 grouse - Kenny Britt, WR35, TEN: I don’t like him but this is a solid 7th round pick. If he doesn’t get suspended, this is crazy value.

8.02 Captain Hook - Fred Jackson, RB31, BUF: SOD. I don’t think Spiller’s role changes much and Fred gets the bulk of the carries on an offense that looks to be improving.

8.11 Fiddles - Braylon Edwards, WR44, NYJ: Are there really 43 WR that are better than him and that will outperform him next year? Good chance he becomes the #1 option on a team next year. Good pick in the 8th.

9.09 ShadowMaster - Tim Tebow, QB18, DEN: I think he will be the real deal and in this format he is a great option. They may lose some games, but fantasy wise he could be huge. Schaub/Tebow solid combo, especially if Shadow adds some insurance a little later?

9.13 Captain Hook - Ryan Fitzpatrick, QB20, BUF: Looks like he will have the keys to the car and a great QB2 in this format.

10.02 Captain Hook - Danny Amendola, WR54, STL: 53 WR will outscore him in a PPR league? I don’t think so. Probably the only sure thing we know about the Rams WR is that Amendola will be on the field. The Captain is crushing value in this draft.

10.04 Twilight - Jared Cook, TE19, TEN: Talent and situation (Scaife gone) could have him show up in top 10. Should defiantly outperform TE19.

10.10 radballs - James Jones, WR56, GB: Good chance he becomes the #1 WR somewhere which by itself should mean better than WR56. Has the big body to be a play maker.

11.07 Sinrman - Brandon Jacobs, RB42, NYG: Best ball format makes this a great pick in the 11th.

11.09 ShadowMaster - Ronnie Brown, RB44, MIA: I think he still has some gas left in the tank and he could end up in a situation which makes him lasting until the 11th serious value.

11.13 Captain Hook - Ben Watson, TE21, CLE: Hooks TE2 with 70 receptions last year. I think he remains a big piece of the offense in CLE. McCoy has shown he will look his way. Better WR play (little) may even open things up for him. At 2 PPR for TE, nice pick here.

12.06 ShadowMaster - Anthony Armstrong, WR62, WAS: Armstrong is currently the #1 assuming Moss is gone. Even if Moss stays Armstrong will be in the mix. I think Hankerson will be a good NFL WR, so there are some weapons here. A #1 WR in the 12th.

12.11 Fiddles - Jason Hill, WR65, JAX: I’m starting to drink the kool aid so I liked this pick as I think he represents value and should out perform WR65 big time.

13.10 rzrback77 - Michael Bush, RB49, OAK: Wish I knew what was gonna happen here. Another guy with talent that deserves more PT. Drafting now makes it tough, but if you like what you see it would seem that he should outperform RB49 even if he stays in OAK.

I’m bored.Quick hit on some attention grabbers:3.10 rzrback77 - Brandon Marshall, WR14, MIA: Top 5 kind of body/talent, would not be surprised to see him have one of those years where he comes back and proves he is a beast and starts dominating DB’s again. Could easily outperform WR14. Even in a “down” year still a stud. More TD’s will come which makes this a solid pick in the late third.4.04 Twilight - Mark Ingram, RB16, NO: In that offense solid pick in the 4th.5.06 grouse - Jahvid Best, RB22, DET: If we assume the injuries are behind him are there really 21 RB’s with more talent? I don’t think so. Many think LeShoure in town will limit him, but it might actually help. With the weapons in DET (I liked the Titus Young pick by them) there may be more open spaces for Best and we got a small glimpse of what he can do with open space last year. Will any of us be really surprised if he makes the jump into the top 10? It’s not like his talent will all of a sudden surprise us. I think Best is one of those guys to grab this year as you take advantage of everybody being turned off by how last year went. We could be talking about him in the 1st round next year. 1st round talent in the 5th. Talent don’t lie.6.11 Fiddles - Marshawn Lynch, RB27, SEA: Solid pick in the 6th and with little competition for carries he should easily outperform RB27.7.06 grouse - Kenny Britt, WR35, TEN: I don’t like him but this is a solid 7th round pick. If he doesn’t get suspended, this is crazy value.8.02 Captain Hook - Fred Jackson, RB31, BUF: SOD. I don’t think Spiller’s role changes much and Fred gets the bulk of the carries on an offense that looks to be improving.8.11 Fiddles - Braylon Edwards, WR44, NYJ: Are there really 43 WR that are better than him and that will outperform him next year? Good chance he becomes the #1 option on a team next year. Good pick in the 8th.9.09 ShadowMaster - Tim Tebow, QB18, DEN: I think he will be the real deal and in this format he is a great option. They may lose some games, but fantasy wise he could be huge. Schaub/Tebow solid combo, especially if Shadow adds some insurance a little later?9.13 Captain Hook - Ryan Fitzpatrick, QB20, BUF: Looks like he will have the keys to the car and a great QB2 in this format.10.02 Captain Hook - Danny Amendola, WR54, STL: 53 WR will outscore him in a PPR league? I don’t think so. Probably the only sure thing we know about the Rams WR is that Amendola will be on the field. The Captain is crushing value in this draft.10.04 Twilight - Jared Cook, TE19, TEN: Talent and situation (Scaife gone) could have him show up in top 10. Should defiantly outperform TE19.10.10 radballs - James Jones, WR56, GB: Good chance he becomes the #1 WR somewhere which by itself should mean better than WR56. Has the big body to be a play maker.11.07 Sinrman - Brandon Jacobs, RB42, NYG: Best ball format makes this a great pick in the 11th. 11.09 ShadowMaster - Ronnie Brown, RB44, MIA: I think he still has some gas left in the tank and he could end up in a situation which makes him lasting until the 11th serious value.11.13 Captain Hook - Ben Watson, TE21, CLE: Hooks TE2 with 70 receptions last year. I think he remains a big piece of the offense in CLE. McCoy has shown he will look his way. Better WR play (little) may even open things up for him. At 2 PPR for TE, nice pick here.12.06 ShadowMaster - Anthony Armstrong, WR62, WAS: Armstrong is currently the #1 assuming Moss is gone. Even if Moss stays Armstrong will be in the mix. I think Hankerson will be a good NFL WR, so there are some weapons here. A #1 WR in the 12th.12.11 Fiddles - Jason Hill, WR65, JAX: I’m starting to drink the kool aid so I liked this pick as I think he represents value and should out perform WR65 big time.13.10 rzrback77 - Michael Bush, RB49, OAK: Wish I knew what was gonna happen here. Another guy with talent that deserves more PT. Drafting now makes it tough, but if you like what you see it would seem that he should outperform RB49 even if he stays in OAK.
I'm thrilled you haven't mentioned anyone on our team even once, good sign.

to pick up a comment by MOP from the previous thread - I'm avoiding all STL WRs right now. Who knows which will start and which will produce? I really like SammyB, but a sophmore slump is not unheard of. Too much risk for my taste.

'ShadowMaster said:
to pick up a comment by MOP from the previous thread - I'm avoiding all STL WRs right now. Who knows which will start and which will produce? I really like SammyB, but a sophmore slump is not unheard of. Too much risk for my taste.
Same. I'm not getting involved in that mess. It's like trying to decide who will be the #1 RB in Denver back in the Shannahan days...

'ShadowMaster said:
Same. I'm not getting involved in that mess. It's like trying to decide who will be the #1 RB in Denver back in the Shannahan days...
Now that's not true. Where is that line of thinking coming from? It's really not hard to connect the dots. Yes Alexander has endured some injuries the last couple of years but Clayton suffered a major knee injury and a 2 year recovery is not out of the question. I don't care what he says, the ligaments he tore are going to take some time. Avery is like Chaz Schillens as far as I'm concerned. Alexander's size, lack of any big name WR drafted, and a big arm QB like Bradford who reminds many of a young Manning, Alexander to me clearly is going to be either starting or part of the 3 and 4 WR sets where I think he will play himself into a starting gig if he doesn't already have one of the SE/FL spots locked up at the end of camp.

Here is a pretty interestig article for those that would like to read. It's got a little fluff in it but it also explains the situation pretty well. Link

thank you TL for finally taking campbell. was really bothering me he was still out there and i wanted to grab him to screw some of these fools STILL waiting on qb2 but didnt want to use a spot on qb 3 with peyton as my qb1

I'll offer on fool's opinion. We go only 18 rounds in these drafts and I have had a history of being burned at RB because of injuries. I definitely planned to use 5 of the 18 spots on RBs this year.

With ppr scoring and 3 mandated WRs, you just about have to carry 6 at that spot and probably need seven. If you go 5 RB and 6 WR, that leaves only 7 roster spots for four positions.

With 2 ppr for TEs, anything less than two is crazy. Now, we are down to five. Probably the best option then would be 2 QB, 2 DST, and 1 PK. If you go 7 at WR, then you either have to go only 4 RB or go solo at DST, TE, or QB.

Depth is just not something that is automatic at all positions. Going Rodgers early allowed me the luxury of waiting for #2. There are still a few that I am ok with taking, if I decide to back up Rodgers.

Injuries and craptastic performances did me in last year. Hopefully I have better luck this year...

getting close to a full team.....

QB - Flacco (5) & Fitzpatrick (7)

RB - McFadden (8), FJax (7), Tolbert (6), & Woodhead (7)

WR - Maclin (7), Dez (5), Collie (11), Knox (8), & Amendola (5)

TE - Gates (6) & Watson (5)

K - Kaeding (11) & Janikowski (8)

DST - Falcons (8)

I was hoping for Breaston and Sproles. Bradford could be throwing to them for goodness sakes.

I was suprised to see the Houston Texans go this early do to the low rankings I've seen. I think of them as a good sleeper.

4.12 valence - Ben Roethlisberger, QB9, PIT

8.12 valence - Sam Bradford, QB16, STL

Love this group. Solid starter in Big Ben and lots of upside in Bradford. I think Bradford wasa steal at the end of the 8th.

1.03 valence - Jamaal Charles, RB3, KC

7.03 valence - Ryan Grant, RB29, GB

9.03 valence - Mikel LeShoure, RB35, DET

11.03 valence - Montario Hardesty, RB40, CLE

Only 4 deep is a bit of a concern with Hardesty's injury history, but I wanted to grab at least one swing for the fences type guy here. If healthy I think he has top 15 type talent. I think he is more involved then most, as they try to keep Hillis fresh all season long. Leshoure could have a huge 2nd half of the season if Best breaks down again and should get most of the red zone touches regardless. I do see Grant splitting carries with Starks, but Grant gets the lion's share imo. Not much else to say about Charles that hasn't already been said. I didn't grab an RB2 until the 7th round and I feel pretty good about this group in spite of that.

2.12 valence - Greg Jennings, WR7, GB

5.03 valence - Anquan Boldin, WR22, BAL

6.12 valence - Big Mike Williams, WR33, SEA

10.12 valence - Mark Clayton, WR57, STL

13.03 valence - Brandon Tate, WR68, NE

14.12 valence - Eric Decker, WR73, DEN

16.12 valence - Adrian Arrington, WR79, NO

Two solid, if unspectacular guys at the top. Boldin should be better in year 2 with Baltimore. Mike X is one of my draft at all cost guys this year. He seems to have really figured it out. In a recent 12 teamer I got him at 11.8, an absolute steal for a guy that should get close to that 80 catch, 1000 yard, 6-8 TD range this year. I know MOP has manlove for DA, but I still believe Clayton and Amendola are the two rams receivers worth owning this season. Tate, Decker, and Arrington are all upside.

3.03 valence - Dallas Clark, TE4, IND

17.03 valence - Anthony Fasano, TE27, IND

I flirted with rolling with just Clark here, but thought better of it. Fasano had a few decent weeks last season and the Dolphins get Buffalo at home in week 11 when Clark is off.

15.03 valence - Garrett Hartley, K3, NO

Decided to go with 1 kicker so I could grab that 7th WR. Possibly a mistake, but at least I got one in a dome, on a great offense.

12.12 valence - New York Football Giants, DST7

I'll add another here before we are through.

Overall, I don't see any holes here other than not having a 2nd kicker. If Hardesty gets hurt again RB could be an issue. I like this team.

Final Squad with comments

Quarterbacks

7.13 Joe Flacco, Baltimore (5)

9.13 Ryan Fitzpatrick, Buffalo (7)

18.02 Kyle Orton, Denver? (6)

I think Flacco & Fitzpatrick were a solid duo that between them would play well and with several options for the last pick elected to add Orton who if he starts for Denver or Arizona or anyone will score a couple of weeks

Running Backs

2.02 Darren McFadden, Oakland (8)

8.02 Fred Jackson, Buffalo (7)

12.02 Mike Tolbert, San Diego (6)

16.02 Danny Woodhead, New England (7)

DMac is a touchdown waiting to happen from anyplace on the field and I think will improve. Jackson will still get the majority of the touches for Buffalo; Tolbert should get most of the goal line work and maybe more (again) for the Chargers; and Woodhead found a home and a role last year for the Pats

Wide Receivers

3.13 Jeremy Maclin, Philadelphia (7)

4.02 Dez Bryant, Dallas (5)

5.13 Austin Collie, Indianapolis (11)

6.02 Johnny Knox, Chicago (8)

10.02 Danny Amendola, St. Louis (5)

17.13 Jordan Shipley, Cincinnati (7)

Without one of the STUD WR from the first two rounds, this could still be one of the highest scoring groups, especially if Bryant stays on the field with his head in the game. Lots of speed here and lots of receptions and I think will be among the top half of WR scoring.

Tight Ends

1.13 Antonio Gates, San Diego (6)

11.13 Ben Watson, Cleveland (5)

THE best, highest scoring TE and a backup who will continue to get lots of receptions for the Browns

Kickers

14.02 Nate Kaeding, San Diego (11)

15.13 Sebastian Janikowski, Oakland (8)

While I was considering going with Kaeding alone, there have been kickers go down for assorted injuries and having last year's top scorer with SeBass made this a great pair (especially with the AFC West facing the AFC East this year)

Defense/Special Team

13.13 Atlanta Falcons (8)

Added them with the idea I might go with just one DST to potentially add more scoring else where and think they will continue to improve. Will be intersting to see if a second DST will outscore a third QB.

Overall I think a very good group - hoping to smoke you gents along the way to ......CHAMPIONSHIP

Team rzrback77 final team report

18.5 Cam Newton 9 QB29 CAR

Grabbed a top QB early and then waited till the final pick to back him up. With this summer's lock-out I am not as confident that a few rookie QBs will perform well, but I really like Newton's mentality and athleticism to aid in his being able to work out for the Panthers. I think that he will definitely be playing before week 8 and could possibly put up some scoring weeks over ROdgers. I think that he is worth the late pick and that is was not foolish to wait this long to back up Rodgers. I actually had a couple of guys that were considered, so I hope that I picked wisely. I think that with 14 teams and only 18 rounds it is almost impossible to draft sufficient QBs to block teams out.

I have had issues with carrying only 4 RBs so I went into the draft planning on taking five. I am really pleased with the potential depth that I garnered even after waiting till round 4 to take my first one. I am satisfied with this group of five RBs and hope that they do well at the brother-in-law plan to get me some solid scores from my two RBs. Week 6 is a problem area for the RBs as my top three selections are all of that week.

14.5 Kevin Walter 11 WR72 HOU

15.10 Jerricho Cotchery 8 WR77 NYJ

I think that my first three WRs are awesome in ppr leagues. I hope that Jocoby Ford continues his second half of the season. I think that Walter and Cotchery were outstanding value picks where taken. Not sure what role Cotchery will have, but one of Edwards or Holmes could be gone and he could be the second WR for the Jets.

Rather weak at TE and probably rank my team among the lower tiers here. However, each of these guys are very athletic and hopefully will come up with some nice scores here and there.

16.5 Dan Carpenter 5 PK10 MIA

Only one kicker is not good, but I felt the depth was necessary at RB and WR and this is where I picked my poison. Really hope that Miami offense improves minimally and gets Carpenter into FG range often.

11.10 Green Bay 8 DST2

17.10 St. Louis Rams 5 DST22

Love my DST Tandem.

Enjoyed the draft greatly and look forward to some additional trash talk and critiques in this thread over the next couple of weeks while we wait for the lock-out to be lifted.

Overall, week 8 is a bye week problem as I am missing my top QB, an RB, two WRs, a TE, and one DST so I am playing with a roster of only 12 that week.

Please feel free to critique my team and let me know where you would have changed what was done.

QB: T Brady (7), M Sanchez (8)

The #1 QB last year, and solid. Sanchez isn't spectacular, but with a different bye week, should fill in a few times when Brady is off or has a bad week.

RB: M Jones Drew (9), L Blount (8), B Jacobs (7), T Jones (6)

Really don't like going just 4 RBs. But I really like this group. Bye weeks are spread out, too.

WR: R Wayne (11), B Lloyd (6), AJ Green (7), H Ward (11), J Baldwin (6), J Gaffney (6)

Not the best crop of WRs. But Wayne is solid every year. Lloyd surprisingly was the #1 WR last year. Whether it ends up being Tebow or Orton throwing it to him, he should be decent. Green is a big ?? and is a swing-for-the-fences pick. Baldwin could fall into that category. I normally do not like drafting rookies, especially WRs. Ward is declining, but as a #4 WRs, he should fill in a few weeks for me. Gaffney, I think, is a steal where I got him.

TE: M Lewis (9), H Miller (11)

Not flashy, but a decent duo.

DEF: RAVENS (5), DOLPHINS (5)

Two defenses, but same bye week. Week 5 with 0 points at DEF will hurt. But since it's not a survivor style.....

K: R Bironas (6), C Barth (8)

Two kickers. CHECK.

Players that I am curious no one drafted.....

RB - Jacquizz Rodgers, ATL - especially if Snelling signs elsewhere, there will be significant carries aside from the passing only downs he should be on the field for

WR - Roscoe Parrish, BUF - was having a pretty nice season until injured last year and even with Stevie Johnson and Lee Evans in front of him should get significant targets this year and IMO is a better play than several who were selected.

TE - Jeremy Shockey, CAR - sure a little long in the tooth, but still a veteran who can get it done and regardless of which young quarterback the Panthers are using, offers a great safety valve and good target.

I considered Quiz, Miami, and Succop with my last pick. Atlanta has 3 strong vets to win games while working in the rookies. They are not desperate to give a lot of ops to the rooks though, and how well Quiz pass protects and short preseason are factors.

I've been out of power since Monday, but I'll update teams after it comes back.

Players that I am curious no one drafted.....RB - Jacquizz Rodgers, ATL - especially if Snelling signs elsewhere, there will be significant carries aside from the passing only downs he should be on the field forWR - Roscoe Parrish, BUF - was having a pretty nice season until injured last year and even with Stevie Johnson and Lee Evans in front of him should get significant targets this year and IMO is a better play than several who were selected.TE - Jeremy Shockey, CAR - sure a little long in the tooth, but still a veteran who can get it done and regardless of which young quarterback the Panthers are using, offers a great safety valve and good target.
If this were a 20 rounder, and not 18, I likely would have pulled the trigger on Rodgers.

Teams updated. My power is back.

Cutler may see FA improvements at WR and OL and has another year in the Martz offense. Stafford has a lot of weapons.

13.08 Pictus Cat - Rashad Jennings, RB48, JAX

I've strapped my fortunes to two value picks with injury concerns. Jennings should get some carries to cover bye weeks. I targetted Delone and Rashad for their upside. I considered adding another upside back like Powell.

17.08 Pictus Cat - Damian Williams, WR81, TEN

Two studs helped me wait on the position. Not sure where Moore and Floyd end up, but their situations may improve. Mason should have one more, right? I thing Damian Williams will get a veteran QB.

The yards should be there for both these guys and FA improvement at WR is probable and helpfull.

16.07 Pictus Cat - Robbie Gould, K11, CHI

18.07 Pictus Cat - Ryan Succop, K20, KC

14.07 Pictus Cat - Detroit Lions, DST14

15.08 Pictus Cat - Minnesota Vikings, DST16

I was planning on 3 Ds & 1 K. I got 2 Ds with the same bye week and took a second kicker because Succop seemed a value at 18.07 so I took the value and stability over a 0 one week at D or another RB.

ARGH! Had a long write up of almost all the teams and I accidently hit one button on my keyboard and POOF my browser crashes. :(

Not doing it again, sorry!

ARGH! Had a long write up of almost all the teams and I accidently hit one button on my keyboard and POOF my browser crashes. :(Not doing it again, sorry!
Take this as a lesson learned and do your long posts in a .txt file then copy and paste to the site. Would have been a fun read I'm sure :/

Opening statement - this is obviously a crazy off season and I see this effecting many players in different ways. My overall theme for the season is less change is better. Also more than ever, I wanted many 3rd-7th year players who are in those potential peak production years. Vets who have not yet started to decline and preferably guys with contracts in established systems.

4.14 Old Milwaukee - Josh Freeman, QB11, TB

14.14 Old Milwaukee - Chad Henne, QB25, MIA

18.14 Old Milwaukee - Brett Favre, QB30, FA

2 QBs looking for the next step with little off-season work would have me nervous. Tampa runs a conservative attack and Henne hasnt show the good yets. The Dolphin homer in me wants him to get better, but its a big question mark. Favre stays retired IMO, so that is a wasted pick.

1.01 Old Milwaukee - Chris Johnson, RB1, TEN

5.01 Old Milwaukee - Daniel Thomas, RB20, MIA

10.14 Old Milwaukee - Reggie Bush, RB38, NO

11.01 Old Milwaukee - DeMarco Murray, RB39, DAL

VERY solid. I like the RB group a lot. If Bush goes to Miami you get a cheap handcuff, if not you get more versatility. I can see Murray overtaking Jones at some point this year.

2.14 Old Milwaukee - Mike Wallace, WR9, PIT

3.01 Old Milwaukee - DeSean Jackson, WR10, PHL

8.14 Old Milwaukee - Robert Meachem, WR45, NO

9.01 Old Milwaukee - Lee Evans,WR46, BUF

13.01 Old Milwaukee - Nate Burleson, WR66, DET

15.01 Old Milwaukee - Steve Breaston, WR74, AZ

I like the top 2 blue collar guys, but the last 4 are pretty iffy to produce on a consistent basis.

6.14 Old Milwaukee - Chris Cooley, TE10, WAS

7.01 Old Milwaukee - Brandon Pettigrew, TE11, DET

Nice solid combo. I like where you grabbed them too. Looks like good value.

16.14 Old Milwaukee - Alex Henery, K16, PHL

12.14 Old Milwaukee - New England Patriots, DST9

17.01 Old Milwaukee - Seattle Seahawks, DST19

1 kicker may haunt you.

4.13 Team Legacy - Matt Ryan, QB10, ATL

10.13 Team Legacy - Colt McCoy, QB23, CLE

15.02 Team Legacy - Jason Campbell, QB26, OAK

I love Matty Ice this year with his new WR2. Run first attacks may be your biggest concern with all 3.

1.02 Team Legacy - Arian Foster, RB2, HOU

7.02 Team Legacy - Ryan Williams, RB28, AZ

8.13 Team Legacy - C.J. Spiller, RB34, BUF

14.13 Team Legacy - Mike Goodson, RB55, CAR

After Foster Im not sure how much youll get from these guys. Youll need Williams or Spiller to get solid playing time.

2.13 Team Legacy - Miles Austin, WR8, DAL

3.02 Team Legacy - Vincent Jackson, WR11, SD

9.02 Team Legacy - Louis Murphy, WR47, OAK

11.02 Team Legacy - Donnie Avery, WR58, STL

13.02 Team Legacy - Jacoby Jones, WR67, HOU

18.13 Team Legacy - Brandon LaFell, WR86, CAR

Love the top 3. Solid potential from the others. Looks good.

5.02 Team Legacy - Jimmy Graham, TE6, NO

6.13 Team Legacy - Owen Daniels, TE9, HOU

NICE combo. Daniels may be a steal at TE9. He may out-produce Graham.

16.13 Team Legacy - Nick Folk, K15, NYJ

12.13 Team Legacy - San Diego Chargers, DST8

17.02 Team Legacy - Oakland Raiders, DST20

PK2 over QB3 looks like a better move.

4.12 valence - Ben Roethlisberger, QB9, PIT

8.12 valence - Sam Bradford, QB16, STL

Excellent and without reaching on one.

1.03 valence - Jamaal Charles, RB3, KC

7.03 valence - Ryan Grant, RB29, GB

9.03 valence - Mikel LeShoure, RB35, DET

11.03 valence - Montario Hardesty, RB40, CLE

If Grant regains his old form youll make us all look like idiots for letting him fall to the 9th and youll roll big time. Backups should pitch in too.

2.12 valence - Greg Jennings, WR7, GB

5.03 valence - Anquan Boldin, WR22, BAL

6.12 valence - Big Mike Williams, WR33, SEA

10.12 valence - Mark Clayton, WR57, STL

13.03 valence - Brandon Tate, WR68, NE

14.12 valence - Eric Decker, WR73, DEN

16.12 valence - Adrian Arrington, WR79, NO

Congrats Val. Youve over-takin PAE as the guy who steals the most picks I want. MOP may have affected that some. Not sure on the last 2. Not sure you needed a 7th WR with the first 5 you selected.

3.03 valence - Dallas Clark, TE4, IND

17.03 valence - Anthony Fasano, TE27, MIA

Stud and dud, but it will work.

15.03 valence - Garrett Hartley, K3, NO

12.12 valence - New York Football Giants, DST7

18.12 valence - Indianapolis Colts, DST27

Another single PK squad. Maybe Im doing this wrong?

3.04 Fiddles - Peyton Manning, QB4, IND

10.11 Fiddles - David Garrard, QB22, JAX

Stud and dud.

1.04 Fiddles - Ray Rice, RB4, BALT

5.04 Fiddles - Jonathan Stewart, RB21, CAR

6.11 Fiddles - Marshawn Lynch, RB27, SEA

14.11 Fiddles - Darren Sproles, RB54, SD

I love Ray Rice. Stewart should have CAR to himself soon. Lynch is a nice wildcard RB3.

4.11 Fiddles - Steve Johnson, WR21, BUF

7.04 Fiddles - Santana Moss, WR34, WAS

8.11 Fiddles - Braylon Edwards, WR44, NYJ

9.04 Fiddles - Emmanuel Sanders, WR48, PIT

11.04 Fiddles - Greg Little, WR59, CLE

12.11 Fiddles - Jason Hill, WR65, JAX

Hmmmmm. Way too much risk here for me. Johnson lacks the track record. Moss is ancient. Edwards fair at best and probably learning a new system. Little was a nice steal in the 11th (howd I let that happen?).

2.11 Fiddles - Jermichael Finley, TE3, GB

13.04 Fiddles - Greg Olsen, TE22, CHI

#####in combo. If I had room for TE3, youd dont get Olson in the 13th.

15.04 Fiddles - Neil Rackers, K4, HOU

16.11 Fiddles - Billy Cundiff, K14, BAL

17.04 Fiddles - Kansas City Chiefs, DST21

18.11 Fiddles - Buffalo Bills, DST26

5.05 radballs - Eli Manning, QB12, NYG

9.05 radballs - Matt Cassel, QB17, KC

Solid blue collar pair who can each throw for 4TD games at times.

1.05 radballs - Adrian Peterson, RB5, MIN

2.10 radballs - Michael Turner, RB13, ATL

8.10 radballs - Ryan Torain, RB33, WAS

11.05 radballs - LaDainian Tomlinson, RB41, NYJ

WOW! A top RB stable right here. Skeletor may detour, but steady LT2 could off-set should off-set some of that.

3.05 radballs - Dwayne Bowe, WR12, KC

4.10 radballs - Santonio Holmes, WR20, NYJ

6.10 radballs - Chad Ocho-Cinco, WR32, CIN

10.10 radballs - James Jones, WR56, GB

17.05 radballs - Darrius Heyward-Bey, WR80, OAK

Nice top 2. 85 is a wild card with an unknown home. Jones is unsigned. Not sure you have the stability to only carry 5 here.

7.05 radballs - Tony Gonzalez, TE11, ATL

13.05 radballs - Todd Heap, TE23, BAL

Both are very old and limited. Gonzos decline (finally) seems to have started last year, but you may squeeze one more fair season out of him.

14.10 radballs - Mason Crosby, K2, GB

16.10 radballs - Josh Brown, K13, STL

12.10 radballs - Chicago Bears, DST6

15.05 radballs - New Orleans Saints, DST15

18.10 radballs - Cincinnati Bengals, DST25

With a number of decent WRs left on the board, I think DT3 > WR6 was a bad move.

2.09 grouse - Drew Brees, QB3, NO

Youre a wild man. Id have at least handcuffed him.

3.06 grouse - Peyton Hillis, RB14, CLE

4.09 grouse - Shonn Greene, RB19, NYJ

5.06 grouse - Jahvid Best, RB22, DET

10.09 grouse - BenJarvusGreenEllis, RB37, NE

14.09 grouse - Jason Snelling, RB53, ATL

Great starting pair and solid backups., Did you need 5? Will Snelling be a better option than a backup QB?

1.06 grouse - Andre Johnson, WR1, HOU

6.09 grouse - Mike Thomas, WR31, JAX

7.06 grouse - Kenny Britt, WR35, TEN

8.09 grouse - Steve Smith, WR43, NYG

9.06 grouse - Earl Bennett, WR49, CHI

12.09 grouse - Plaxico Burress, WR64, FA

15.06 grouse - Jerome Simpson, WR75, CIN

A solid stud anchor and some nice blur collar guys to fill in the other scoring slots. Bennett that late may be great for you. Since you waited on the position after AJ, I think 7 was the right move.

13.06 grouse - Visanthe Shiancoe, TE24, MIN

16.09 grouse - Lance Kendricks, TE26, STL

17.06 grouse - Kevin Boss, TE28, NYG

Not feeling these. Not sure 3 will help.

18.09 grouse - Josh Scobee, K21, JAX

11.06 grouse - Pittsburgh Steelers, DST1

Im interested to see how much the 3 no backup selections haunt you this year.

3.07 Sinrman - Tom Brady, QB5, NE

10.08 Sinrman - Mark Sanchez, QB21, NYJ

Nicely done.

1.07 Sinrman - Maurice Jones-Drew, RB6, JAX

5.07 Sinrman - LaGarrette Blount, RB23, TB

11.07 Sinrman - Brandon Jacobs, RB42, NYG

14.08 Sinrman - Thomas Jones, RB52, KC

Concerned with team potentials here more than individual talent levels. None of these are high-scoring teams. Not sure how much BJ and TJ will give you in their limited roles.

2.08 Sinrman - Reggie Wayne, WR6, IND

4.08 Sinrman - Brandon Lloyd, WR19, DEN

7.07 Sinrman - A.J. Green, WR36, CIN

8.08 Sinrman - Hines Ward, WR42, PIT

13.07 Sinrman - Jonathan Baldwin, WR69, KC

15.07 Sinrman - Jabbar Gaffney, WR76, DEN

Solid group. Can Lloyd repeat that production? Backing up with Gaffney was a nice move. Wards decline has begun. He may drop to the WR3 this year.

6.08 Sinrman - Marcedes Lewis, TE8, JAX

9.07 Sinrman - Heath Miller, TE16, PIT

Fair

16.08 Sinrman - Rob Bironas, K12, TEN

17.07 Sinrman - Connor Barth, K17, TB

12.08 Sinrman - Baltimore Ravens, DST5

18.08 Sinrman - Miami Dolphins, DST24

If the Martz O takes strong hold in Chi-town youll look great with Culter as QB13. Stafford has great weapons. Nice big game potential here.

13.08 Pictus Cat - Rashad Jennings, RB48, JAX

Nice top 2. Nice wild card in Carter (Addai and Brown have been average at best). Jennings doesnt get enough touches for my liking.

17.08 Pictus Cat - Damian Williams, WR81, TEN

Hurt me bad in rounds 1 and 3. I like Moore in the 9th and Mason in the 10th. Not sure about the last 2.

Solid combo. I have Hernandez as the better NE TE to own.

16.07 Pictus Cat - Robbie Gould, K11, CHI

18.07 Pictus Cat - Ryan Succop, K20, KC

14.07 Pictus Cat - Detroit Lions, DST14

15.08 Pictus Cat - Minnesota Vikings, DST16

4.06 ShadowMaster - Matt Schaub, QB8, HOU

9.09 ShadowMaster - Tim Tebow, QB18, DEN

Happy!

1.09 ShadowMaster - LeSean McCoy, RB7, PHL

2.06 ShadowMaster - Matt Forte, RB11, CHI

11.09 ShadowMaster - Ronnie Brown, RB44, MIA

18.06 ShadowMaster - Tim Hightower, RB58, AZ

Happy!

13.09 ShadowMaster - Golden Tate, WR70, SEA

This is the grey area. No real WR1. One vet, but mostly breakout candidates who need to improve for me to compete. Lost off-season could hurt me here. FA moves (MSW, J.Jones, Branch, WR2NE, WR2WASH, QBs) could scramble this all up.

3.09 ShadowMaster - Vernon Davis, TE5, SF

10.06 ShadowMaster - Tony Moeaki, TE20, KC

Joy! - As you Ren and Stimpy fans know, thats gonna leave me one Joy short. Hopefully WR Joy is pending.

15.09 ShadowMaster - Stephen Gostkowski, K5, NE

17.09 ShadowMaster - Matt Prater, K18, DEN

14.06 ShadowMaster - Dallas Cowboys, DST13

16.06 ShadowMaster - Tennessee Titans, DST18

2.05 rzrback77 - Aaron Rodgers, QB2, GB

18.05 rzrback77 - Cam Newton, QB29, CAR

Id have rolled with a vet (McNab, Hassleback) over the rookie in this off-season. I think Ponder is the safest rookie QB option. Still, you should be fine.

4.05 rzrback77 - Ryan Matthews, RB17, SD

5.10 rzrback77 - Knowshon Moreno, RB24, DEN

10.05 rzrback77 - Chris Wells, RB36, AZ

12.05 rzrback77 - Pierre Thomas, RB47, NO

13.10 rzrback77 - Michael Bush, RB49, OAK

Dont like this group. After Matthews I see disaster. Moreno will be replaced. Wells will be replaced. Thomas has been replaced. Bush is a backup, but may give you the best chance to contribute a few games.

1.10 rzrback77 - Calvin Johnson, WR3, DET

3.10 rzrback77 - Brandon Marshall, WR14, MIA

6.05 rzrback77 - Michael Crabtree, WR29, SF

8.05 rzrback77 - Jacoby Ford, WR40, OAK

14.05 rzrback77 - Kevin Walter, WR72, HOU

15.10 rzrback77 - Jerricho Cotchery, WR77, NYJ

On the other hand I love this group. This may be the best WR group of the bunch. Solid from top to bottom. Lots of PPR points ahead. Can it offset the RB slot? We shall see.

7.10 rzrback77 - Dustin Keller, TE13, NYJ

9.10 rzrback77 - Jermaine Gresham, TE17, CIN

Ehhhh

16.05 rzrback77 - Dan Carpenter, K10, MIA

11.10 rzrback77 - Green Bay Packers, DST2

17.10 rzrback77 - St. Louis Rams, DST22

Single PK is risky, but that seems to be the norm this year.

3.11 Twilight - Philip Rivers, QB6, SD

11.11 Twilight - Alex Smith, QB24, SF

Stud and TBD. I like Smiths potential in the WCO.

2.04 Twilight - Steven Jackson, RB10, STL

4.04 Twilight - Mark Ingram, RB16, NO

8.04 Twilight - Shane Vereen, RB32, NE

13.11 Twilight - Justin Forsett, RB50, SEA

Great starters. Interesting backups. Can Vareen or Forsett make a move up the depth charts without training camp? Im thinking no.

1.11 Twilight - Hakeem Nicks, WR4, NYG

5.11 Twilight - Pierre Garcon, WR24, IND

7.11 Twilight - Julio Jones, WR38, ATL

9.11 Twilight - Mike Sims-Walker, WR51, JAX

12.04 Twilight - Arrelious Benn, WR61, TB

16.04 Twilight - Devery Henderson, WR78, NO

17.11 Twilight - Vincent Brown, WR82

Love Nicks to continue to produce. I like the next 4 as well. Not sure about Henderson and Im not sure you needed Brown as a WR7 over a PK2.

6.04 Twilight - Zach Miller, TE7, OAK

10.04 Twilight - Jared Cook, TE19, TEN

I like Zach, but not Cook with an unknown QB and new OC and offense to learn.

15.11 Twilight - Adam Vinatieri, K6, IND

14.04 Twilight - San Francisco 49ers, DST12

18.04 Twilight - Tampa Bay Buccaneers, DST23

Single PK which has become less risky with each team that copied that move.

2.03 Pimpin Ain't Easy - Michael Vick, QB1, PHL

9.12 Pimpin Ain't Easy - Kevin Kolb, QB19, PHL

Kolb was an excellent pairing to gain either a backup or handcuff to Vick.

3.12 Pimpin Ain't Easy - D'Angelo Williams, RB15, CAR

5.12 Pimpin Ain't Easy - Felix Jones, RB25, DAL

7.12 Pimpin Ain't Easy - Joseph Addai, RB30, IND

13.12 Pimpin Ain't Easy - Marion Barber, RB51, DAL

17.12 Pimpin Ain't Easy - Tashard Choice, RB57, DAL

Not sure about the triple Dallas attacks idea. Even if Barber moves, DeMarco Murrey could ruin the whole party.

1.12 Pimpin Ain't Easy - Larry Fitzgerald, WR5, AZ

4.03 Pimpin Ain't Easy - Marques Colston, WR18, NO

6.03 Pimpin Ain't Easy - Steve Smith, WR28, CAR

12.03 Pimpin Ain't Easy - Roy Williams, WR60, DAL

14.03 Pimpin Ain't Easy - Donario Alexander, WR71, STL

18.03 Pimpin Ain't Easy - Devin Hester, WR85, CHI

Excellent top 3. I like Williams to contribute. Not sure about the last 2. Hester seems likely to be replaced as the starter and may only be the WR4.

8.03 Pimpin Ain't Easy - Rob Gronkowski, TE14, NE

10.03 Pimpin Ain't Easy - Brent Celek, TE18, PHL

RG cant maintain that catch|TD ratio. Fluke rookie production at its finest. Calek is good insurance.

16.03 Pimpin Ain't Easy - Matt Bryant, K9, ATL

11.12 Pimpin Ain't Easy - New York Jets, DST3

15.12 Pimpin Ain't Easy - Houston Texans, DST17

8th team to only use 1 PK. Thats over half, so it may not have as much impact as I think. An interesting stat to track this year as we watch this play out will be PK2s vs RB5s and WR7s.

7.13 Captain Hook - Joe Flacco, QB15, BAL

9.13 Captain Hook - Ryan Fitzpatrick, QB20, BUF

18.02 Captain Hook - Kyle Orton, QB28, DEN

QB3 over TD2 is puzzling, especially with the unknown surrounding Orton.

2.02 Captain Hook - Darren McFadden, RB9, OAK

8.02 Captain Hook - Fred Jackson, RB31, BUF

12.02 Captain Hook - Mike Tolbert, RB46, SD

16.02 Captain Hook - Danny Woodhead, RB56, NE

Nice top 2. I dont like the other 2.

3.13 Captain Hook - Jeremy Maclin, WR15, PHL

4.02 Captain Hook - Dez Bryant, WR17, DAL

5.13 Captain Hook - Austin Collie, WR25, IND

6.02 Captain Hook - Johnny Knox, WR27, CHI

10.02 Captain Hook - Danny Amendola, WR54, STL

17.13 Captain Hook - Jordan Shipley, WR83, CIN

Excellent WR stable. I went through the roof when you took Knox in the 6th. I should have taken him ahead of Branch.

1.13 Captain Hook - Antonio Gates, TE1, SD

11.13 Captain Hook - Ben Watson, TE21, CLE

Stud and dud.

14.02 Captain Hook - Nate Kaeding, K1, SD

15.13 Captain Hook - Sebastian Janikowski, K7, OAK

13.13 Captain Hook - Atlanta Falcons, DST10

Id have taken 2 Team D over Orton.

3.14 Ravnzfan - Tony Romo, QB7, DAL

15.14 Ravnzfan - Andy Dalton, QB27, CIN

Romo I like. Dalton with no off-season work is too risky IMO.

1.14 Ravnzfan - Rashard Mendenhall, RB8, PIT

5.14 Ravnzfan - Cedric Benson, RB26, CIN

7.14 Ravnzfan - James Starks, RB31, GB

11.14 Ravnzfan - Roy Helu, RB45, WAS

Nice top 2 until Benson got arrested (suspension pending).

QUICK NOTE: I expect stronger penalties for player bull#### to be part of the new CBA.

Starks has a shot to over-take Grant. Helu is a nice wild card with Skeletor calling the shots.

4.01 Ravnzfan - Mike Williams, WR16, TB

6.01 Ravnzfan - Sidney Rice, WR26, MIN

8.01 Ravnzfan - Mario Manningham, WR39, NYG

9.14 Ravnzfan - Randy Moss, WR52, FA

10.01 Ravnzfan - Donald Driver, WR53, GB

18.01 Ravnzfan - Nate Washington, WR84, TEN

Interesting top 3 with some nice breakout potential. Moss is a solid wild card WR4. Driver is on the decline. Washingtons situation sucks, but a decent gamble in the 18th.

2.01 Ravnzfan - Jason Witten, TE2, DAL

13.14 Ravnzfan - John Carlson, TE25, SEA

Stud and backup.

16.01 Ravnzfan - Lawrence Tynes, K8, NYG

17.14 Ravnzfan - Dave Rayner, K19, DET

12.01 Ravnzfan - Philadelphia Eagles, DST4

14.01 Ravnzfan - Arizona Cardinals, DST11

EXCELLENT contribution Bill - THANK you very much for all of us

As you say will be interesting for those who chose to go with just one K or D - did they make up the difference with an extra WR or QB?

BUT this isn't total points or survivor so we'll have to look at how many games are won/lost by those few points - actually the reason I chose a third QB (even thought my FF duo will beat any non Stud combos) over another DST.

And one nit to pick - I think from several comments on the different teams you are overestimating the importance of a single body for RB2 - most times because it is bestball, a nice assortment especially if one or more are good pass catchers, is just as good as a better single running back.

Again as you say and we all anticipate, the free agent signings and re-signings by the clubs next week will have a big influence on some of the teams here.

Users who are viewing this thread