What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rick Gosselin ranks the 32 teams (1 Viewer)

AZ at 27? At least put them ahead of Buffalo. Buffalo has had an a terrible offseason with F/A's leaving.

:lmao:

Mark my words, the Raiders will not be the worst team in this league, particularly with a defense as strong as theirs.

I particularly loved this line: "But a novice head coach (Lane Kiffin) will slow down any winning." Well, ask my fellow Jets fans how having a "novice head coach" worked out for us. (Though as much as I hate to say it, we may be a little high at 12)

Giants may be a little low at 21, behind the Packers at 17? If the Vick is suspended, the Falcons may be in the running for McFadden with Harrington at the reigns.

I'm having trouble figuring how the Redskins are ranked lower than the Bills, Lions and Vikings.

AZ at 27? At least put them ahead of Buffalo. Buffalo has had an a terrible offseason with F/A's leaving.
yeah- and not to mention how they totally skipped teh draft and signed no one in free agency. :shrug: They probably won't even play with a full roster this year due to the trauma from the guys they lost or cut from last year. :wall:

:shrug:Mark my words, the Raiders will not be the worst team in this league, particularly with a defense as strong as theirs.
Amen. The D is sick, the WR core has been beefed up by simply bringing their best WR back into the fold, they added a marginally decent RB in Rhodes, and Russell's the darling of camp. I could easily see 6-7 wins for them, and I'm betting that by the end of the year, they'll be one of those spoilers that teams on the edge of the playoffs hate facing.Bloom made a good case for the Dolphins imploding the other day, and the more I think about it, the more I'm buying it. But then again, there'll always be the mess in Cleveland.Also, Ravens in the top 5? I can't argue with Pats, Colts, Chargers, or Saints, but McNair was average most of last year and embarrassing in the playoffs. Would you fear the Baltimore passing game or just put 8 in the box? Top 5:Pats, Colts, Broncos, Steelers, ChargersBottom 5:Chiefs, Falcons, Giants, Dolphins, Browns

Also, Ravens in the top 5? I can't argue with Pats, Colts, Chargers, or Saints, but McNair was average most of last year and embarrassing in the playoffs. Would you fear the Baltimore passing game or just put 8 in the box?
Putting 8/9 in the box wouldn't be any different than teams have done for the past 5 years against the Ravens. Their line will be improved (how much is difficult to determine but could be quite a bit better), they've upgraded at RB and still have one of the top in not the top defenses/ST's in the league.

Last edited by a moderator:
:thumbdown:Mark my words, the Raiders will not be the worst team in this league, particularly with a defense as strong as theirs.
Amen. The D is sick, the WR core has been beefed up by simply bringing their best WR back into the fold, they added a marginally decent RB in Rhodes, and Russell's the darling of camp. I could easily see 6-7 wins for them, and I'm betting that by the end of the year, they'll be one of those spoilers that teams on the edge of the playoffs hate facing.
Yep - the Titans of last year. I actually like what Kiffin is doing, and I think the most important thing is that Davis seems to be taking a more hands off approach and trusting Lane to do his thing.
Bloom made a good case for the Dolphins imploding the other day, and the more I think about it, the more I'm buying it. But then again, there'll always be the mess in Cleveland.Also, Ravens in the top 5? I can't argue with Pats, Colts, Chargers, or Saints, but McNair was average most of last year and embarrassing in the playoffs. Would you fear the Baltimore passing game or just put 8 in the box?
Agreed on all 3. I think the Ravens will be good, but not sure about top 5. Though Clayton seems to be coming into his own, and McGahee has to be considered an upgrade from Jamal at this point. I do think the Browns are headed in the right direction. Adding two top OL and a face of the franchise QB can't be ignored. Lewis may be a slight upgrade over Droughns.
Top 5:Pats, Colts, Broncos, Steelers, ChargersBottom 5:Chiefs, Falcons, Giants, Dolphins, Browns
The Giants are an interesting team to me. (Disclosure: I'm a Jets fan, but I go to 2-3 Giants a year). They have tons of talent - I just sort of feel like they're boom or bust - potential for top 5, and potential for bottom 5.

redman said:
I'm having trouble figuring how the Redskins are ranked lower than the Bills, Lions and Vikings.
Because they're the Redskins? :oSeriously though..The Vikings have arguably the best offensive line and the best run defense in the league. They've added an elite playmaker at WR and a guy at WR who many (myself included) are very high on. They have a young QB who showed flashes last year, and though he will probably struggle at times, can't be much worse than BJ. If Chester Taylor could run for 1,500 yards last year, imagine what he and Adrian can do behind that line. They might not even need to pass. The Lions are the Lions, but you have to think they're headed in the right direction. KJ is a big question mark, but the offensive talent cannot be ignored especially under Martz, and they grabbed a QB. Can you imagine having to cover Roy Williams and CJ? They've added insurance for KJ with Duckett and Tater.The Bills? Yeah, maybe you're right. Lynch is a lateral move at this point, though Losman and Evans seem to be emerging.

Marc Faletti said:
corpcow said:
:thumbdown:

Mark my words, the Raiders will not be the worst team in this league, particularly with a defense as strong as theirs.
Amen. The D is sick, the WR core has been beefed up by simply bringing their best WR back into the fold, they added a marginally decent RB in Rhodes, and Russell's the darling of camp. I could easily see 6-7 wins for them, and I'm betting that by the end of the year, they'll be one of those spoilers that teams on the edge of the playoffs hate facing.Bloom made a good case for the Dolphins imploding the other day, and the more I think about it, the more I'm buying it. But then again, there'll always be the mess in Cleveland.

Also, Ravens in the top 5? I can't argue with Pats, Colts, Chargers, or Saints, but McNair was average most of last year and embarrassing in the playoffs. Would you fear the Baltimore passing game or just put 8 in the box?

Top 5:

Pats, Colts, Broncos, Steelers, Chargers

Bottom 5:

Chiefs, Falcons, Giants, Dolphins, Browns
Steelers may be a slight stretch..

I think Seattle is ranked a little high at 9. The defense should be stronger this year but the offense lost a couple of weapons. Alexander's foot and no strong backup RB are issues IMO.

Besides the other teams in their division are improving and one of them could even take over top spot this year. Seattle was only 3-3 in their division last year.

benson_will_lead_the_way said:
The Bears at 8 is way too low.I also would move up the Jags.
1. Rex Grossman is still our QB.2. TJ is out and we have to rely on Benson to be a featured back.3. Who knows about Briggs.Taking that into consideration, I'm actually pretty happy with #8. :shrug:

1. Rex Grossman is still our QB.2. TJ is out and we have to rely on Benson to be a featured back.3. Who knows about Briggs.Taking that into consideration, I'm actually pretty happy with #8.
That's kinda what I was thinking. Way low implies that they should be somewhere in the top 5. With everything you said above, IMO, they aren't in the top 5.

I think Seattle is ranked a little high at 9. The defense should be stronger this year but the offense lost a couple of weapons. Alexander's foot and no strong backup RB are issues IMO. Besides the other teams in their division are improving and one of them could even take over top spot this year. Seattle was only 3-3 in their division last year.
They lost Jackson and Stevens. Both inconsistent and poor 'charcter' guys. Though Pollard isn't s physically talented as Stevens, he's even keeled and adds a vet presence. They have the WRs to make up for jackson's loss and hopefully not to make up for his drops. Alexander's foot was fine enough to finish the season and shouldn't be a problem. They haven't had a backup RB worth a damn for their whole reign as NFCW champs so another non-issue. And with all the injuries last year we were only a FG away from beating Chicago at home for another shot at the NFC title. The health of our stars alone should keep us in the top 10.I think 9 is a pretty dead-on assesment and the D should really help them move up that list. The other NFCW teams are sure to be better but then again, so should we.

The Lions are the Lions, but you have to think they're headed in the right direction. KJ is a big question mark, but the offensive talent cannot be ignored especially under Martz, and they grabbed a QB. Can you imagine having to cover Roy Williams and CJ? They've added insurance for KJ with Duckett and Tater.
In order to stockpile all this skill position talent, the Lions have had to leave gaping holes at... well, everywhere else. It's not that hard to cover Roy and CJ when you only have to do it for 3 seconds before Kitna gets sacked, and just wait until you see what the Lions roll out in the secondary this year.23 is way too high. I'd suggesting flipping those two numbers for an accurate ranking.

1. Rex Grossman is still our QB.2. TJ is out and we have to rely on Benson to be a featured back.3. Who knows about Briggs.Taking that into consideration, I'm actually pretty happy with #8.
That's kinda what I was thinking. Way low implies that they should be somewhere in the top 5. With everything you said above, IMO, they aren't in the top 5.
Realistically, I see the Bears finishing out the season at 9-7, possibly 10-6. That will put them in the top 10 but, not the top 5.

I think the Chiefs are closer to 28 than the 18 ranking Gosselin gave them.

Other than that, pretty solid list.

They upgraded at Dline, secondary, TE, and LB.

I agree that the Bears got better at LB but I just don't see how they improved at LB unless you know Briggs is coming back and even if he does at best your the same. I know the signed Arculeta but is he really an improvement over Todd Johnson not that either one of them is any good. Now as for the Dline maybe I missed a signing but didn't they lose both Boone and Scott and maybe even Tank Johnson for a handful of games and replaced them with who. Now I'm not saying Boone or Scott are Pro Bowl player but losing them doesn't make you better unless you think Anthony Adams is something special. I'm not a Bears fan or a hater I just don't see how you think they are better after this offseason.

Move the Ravens down and the Bears and Seahawks up.

People that say Seattle lost weapons are just uninformed. Seattle has a huge advantage this year as opposed to last year just because everyone is healthy. Offense will be able to gel like they couldnt last year during the season when there was a constant rotation of starters. And the defense will be much improved with a healthy Marcus Tubbs and two veteran safeties to avoid all the big pass plays hamlin and boulware gave up last year.

They upgraded at Dline, secondary, TE, and LB.I agree that the Bears got better at LB but I just don't see how they improved at LB unless you know Briggs is coming back and even if he does at best your the same. I know the signed Arculeta but is he really an improvement over Todd Johnson not that either one of them is any good. Now as for the Dline maybe I missed a signing but didn't they lose both Boone and Scott and maybe even Tank Johnson for a handful of games and replaced them with who. Now I'm not saying Boone or Scott are Pro Bowl player but losing them doesn't make you better unless you think Anthony Adams is something special. I'm not a Bears fan or a hater I just don't see how you think they are better after this offseason.
LB improved just through development of Jamar Williams 2nd year player and drafting Michael Okwo in the 3rd round. Yes if Briggs doesn't play it will hurt, but now there is good talent to step in behind him.Secondary-improved by having literally the same players but adding in Archuleta. Lovie knows him from St. Louis and he could return to form. However the main improvement is having Mike Brown healthy again. The defense is totally different with him on the field.Dline-just took a hit with Tank Johnson being suspended. However, Tommie Harris is healthy again, add in Anthony Adams-who fits the attacking scheme better than Boone or Scott. Also add in Dusty Dvorchek, a 3rd round pick last year, who is attacking and will be good player in this system.

The Bears at 8 is way too low.

I also would move up the Jags.
1. Rex Grossman is still our QB.2. TJ is out and we have to rely on Benson to be a featured back.

3. Who knows about Briggs.

Taking that into consideration, I'm actually pretty happy with #8. :bowtie:
2)TJ was overrated and the Oline made him...IMO, plus Benson is more talented and that can't be debated based on draft position.
I'm not sure if this is a joke or not, I hope it is. Even so, Jones was taken 7th overall (2nd RB off the board) and Benson was taken 4th (2nd RB off the board) so there's not a whole lot of difference in draft position.....

1. Rex Grossman is still our QB.2. TJ is out and we have to rely on Benson to be a featured back.

Taking that into consideration, I'm actually pretty happy with #8. :bag:
2)TJ was overrated and the Oline made him...IMO, plus Benson is more talented and that can't be debated based on draft position.
I'm not sure if this is a joke or not, I hope it is. Even so, Jones was taken 7th overall (2nd RB off the board) and Benson was taken 4th (2nd RB off the board) so there's not a whole lot of difference in draft position.....
David Carr is more talented than Tom BradyCurtis Enis was more talented than Priest Holmes

you can't even debate it. just look where they were drafted.

Taking that into consideration, I'm actually pretty happy with #8. :hot:
David Carr is more talented than Tom BradyCurtis Enis was more talented than Priest Holmes

You know, I have always been looking for a surefire way of evaluating talent and this is such an easy formula I don't know how I missed it all these years. Thanks. :bag: :hot: That should make drafting sooo much easier this year....but wait...wouldn't that mean that Benson > LT? Now I'm confused....

It is true...coming out of college. Now this season we will see how it translates. That is all you are referring to, but coming out of college, no it couldn't be debated.
[maninblack]Truly, you have a dizzying intellect.[/maninblack]

It is true...coming out of college. Now this season we will see how it translates. That is all you are referring to, but coming out of college, no it couldn't be debated.
IMO, Thomas Jones is one of the most underrated RBs in the league and Cedric Benson is one of the most overrated RBs in the league. We'll get a good chance to see if that's true or not this year now that Benson won't be stuck on the bench anymore.

Taking that into consideration, I'm actually pretty happy with #8. :bag:

And coming out of college matters about the first 20 seconds of training camp.How you consider that proof is laughingly stupid.

Taking that into consideration, I'm actually pretty happy with #8. :X

And coming out of college matters about the first 20 seconds of training camp.How you consider that proof is laughingly stupid.
It is stupid to think that you, a message board poster, would have more intellect that NFL Coaches and General Managers. They pick the players at those positions based on talent. :no:
So Benson > LT? Benson went 4th, LT went 5th therefore Benson is better, correct?

It is stupid to think that you, a message board poster, would have more intellect that NFL Coaches and General Managers. They pick the players at those positions based on talent. :o
So the best player goes #1, the second best #2, and so on?Keep him talking guys. This is gold Jerry, GOLD!

I think the Chiefs are closer to 28 than the 18 ranking Gosselin gave them.Other than that, pretty solid list.
Their defense will be very good this year and they still have Larry Johnson for at least another year. Herm knows how to win games in the regular season and don't forget that they have 8 games at Arrowhead.#18 may be a little high, but they won't finish in the bottom 3rd, either. I personally think they'll finish around #20.

I think the Chiefs are closer to 28 than the 18 ranking Gosselin gave them.Other than that, pretty solid list.
Their defense will be very good this year and they still have Larry Johnson for at least another year. Herm knows how to win games in the regular season and don't forget that they have 8 games at Arrowhead.#18 may be a little high, but they won't finish in the bottom 3rd, either. I personally think they'll finish around #20.
Depends on the QB situation. If Huard returns to his journeyman ways or Croyle goes through the typical first year starter growing pains, then it's going to be a long year.

Did someone delete all of Benson's replies.

I think 8 is pretty spot on for a pre-season ranking of the Bears considering that:

1. Rex Grossman is the Jeckyll and Hyde QB

2. Cedric Benson (however talented) has done very little in the NFL and may or may not be able to carry the load.

3. You have key defensive players that want out (not a good thing for chemistry).

4. You have the Superbowl hangover effect.

With a questionable at best run game and a lack of stand out WRs I have ahard time with the Titans at 16.
My first thought as well. What's funny is he even points out some of the big negatives the Titan's have had this offseason in his reasoning and still ranks them there.~~~~Minor nitpick, but the Texans are not the 2nd worse team in the league. I can think of a number of teams more deserving of that honor.

The Lions are the Lions, but you have to think they're headed in the right direction. KJ is a big question mark, but the offensive talent cannot be ignored especially under Martz, and they grabbed a QB. Can you imagine having to cover Roy Williams and CJ? They've added insurance for KJ with Duckett and Tater.
In order to stockpile all this skill position talent, the Lions have had to leave gaping holes at... well, everywhere else. It's not that hard to cover Roy and CJ when you only have to do it for 3 seconds before Kitna gets sacked, and just wait until you see what the Lions roll out in the secondary this year.23 is way too high. I'd suggesting flipping those two numbers for an accurate ranking.
probably a :lmao: its nice to not see them in the bottom five, although i'm thinking thats where they belong. i think the o-line will be improved this year. the secondary on the other hand could be record breaking bad. i cant imagine stopping too many teams this year. but hey, maybe roy gets his wish and they score 40 a game this year (and only lose by 20)

The Bucs are ranked way too low. I mean - below the stinking Browns?!

The Bucs should be up five or six spots, I think.

redman said:
What do they have? At WR it's Moss and absolutely nothing. I mean NOTHING. Good TE. They are trying to fix the D but they have no O.

Users who are viewing this thread