What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ryan Tannehill (1 Viewer)

Mayock: Tannehill has potential to be franchise QB

By NFL.com Staff

COLLEGE STATION, Texas — Top QB prospect Ryan Tannehill had a great workout at the Texas A&M pro day Thursday.

He’s a big, strong kid that can rip the ball. He ran the 40-yard dash in 4.62 seconds, but we all knew he was athletic already because he’s a former wide receiver. His foot is fine. He threw the ball extremely well on short, intermediate and deep passes. His movement skills in the pocket were excellent; he had good feet and good accuracy on the run. Everything checks out.

I expected to see all that. This was a scripted workout and it confirmed what I saw on tape. Potentially, down the road, he could be a franchise quarterback. The problem is, he’s not ready to play right now. He’s very raw; he only had 19 starts in college. However, because the NFL is so overheated right now when it comes to finding franchise quarterbacks, I think the kid is probably going to go higher than he should. I think Cleveland has to take him at No. 4, and if they don’t, Miami is sitting there at No. 8. So the worst-case scenario for him is, I think, that he’s going to go at No. 8 to the Dolphins.

But I don’t think he’s ready to play Day 1. I don’t think he trusts his reads yet. He’s got a long way to go, but I think he’s got the tools necessary to be a franchise quarterback.

How many starts are enough? I'd love for every QB to be like Phil Rivers and be a four year starter. How often does a kid get to start for more than two years?

Browns interested in Tannehill as Texas A&M QB's stock rises

By Jason La Canfora NFL Network

NFL Network Insider

The Cleveland Browns are thinking of selecting Texas A&M quarterback Ryan Tannehill with the fourth overall pick in next month's NFL draft, sources with knowledge of the situation said Thursday.

The possibility exists that three quarterbacks could be taken with the first four picks in the draft. This is a time when teams commonly raise pre-draft smoke screens and engage in subterfuge, but several sources said the Browns are monitoring Tannehill closely and have favorable scouting reports on him thus far.

Several general managers said during the recently concluded NFL Annual Meeting that they expect Tannehill's stock to continue to rise through April as he works out more in front of scouts -- an injury prevented him from doing much at the NFL Scouting Combine -- and decision-makers have the opportunity to spend more time with him.

NFL.com's Gil Brandt reported that Tannehill impressed team reps on hand with his throwing performance at Thursday's Texas A&M pro day.

The Browns had been deep in trade talks to acquire the No. 2 overall pick so they could draft Baylor quarterback Robert Griffin III, though that slot eventually went to the Washington Redskins.

While the Browns have supported incumbent starter Colt McCoy, it's also very clear they are open to upgrading at the quarterback position. There is a steep dropoff in draft talent at quarterback after Tannehill, and Miami, which picks eighth overall, also is high on him. Dolphins offensive coordinator Mike Sherman coached Tannehill in college.

Cleveland, which traded down a year ago, would listen to offers to do so again, should another team want to leapfrog Miami or make a move for Tannehill or other prospects. But if the Browns stay at No. 4 and continue to like what they see and hear from Tannehill, they would seriously consider him with that pick.

Tannehill has spent the past three months training at IMG Academy in Bradenton, Fla., and the past several weeks working daily with Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton and quarterbacks coach Chris Weinke, who trained Newton last year during the lockout. Newton has been raving about Tannehill, sources said, and Tannehill is expected to continue to create considerable buzz heading into the draft.

Didn't read whole thread yet. Saw him play a number of times in college and was never impressed and am surprised he is getting so much love in draft circles. Maybe I have missed something but I do know that he will be taken in my dynasty draft before I will be ready to take him. I really don't ever see him viable in the fantasy world.

Mayock: QB-hungry teams 'have to' consider Tannehill

By Marc Sessler NFL.com

Writer

Is Cleveland closing in on Ryan Tannehill?

The Browns, led by offensive coordinator Brad Childress, brought a caravan of coaches and scouts to Tannehill's Texas A&M pro day on Thursday. NFL Network's Mike Mayock was on hand and believes Cleveland must pull the trigger on draft day.

"I believe if you've got a franchise quarterback available and you can upgrade your position, you have to do it," Mayock told NFL Network. "This kid ripped the football, he ran 4.63, his foot is fine. Is he ready to play Day One? Absolutely not. So what do I see with Ryan Tannehill? I think Cleveland has to take him at four. They upgrade the position both athletically and with arm strength."

One Browns coach not on hand was Pat Shurmur, stationed hundreds of miles away to observe running back Trent Richardson at Alabama's pro day.

Dolphins coach Joe Philbin and general manager Jeff Ireland joined the Browns and 21 teams to watch Tannehill perform. Mayock believes Tannehill will not escape the top 10.

"If he doesn't go at four," Mayock said, "Miami has to take him at eight, and don't be surprised if somebody trades up to three, where Minnesota is, or seven, where Jacksonville is, to get a chance at this kid."

ATL's take: We're not buying Tannehill to the Browns. Not yet. Shurmur and Co. have gone out of their way to label Colt McCoy the starter heading into next season. March means smokescreens, but Cleveland is desperate for playmakers. Our guess is Trent Richardson (despite what he did to Browns running backs coach Gary Brown) and a receiver at No. 22. Give McCoy something to work with.

Miami and Tannehill at No. 8? That sounds like a plan.

If drafted by miami what would is FF status look like
A quick answer: In redraft leagues, he would be a risky pick as I could see him holding a clipboard for awhile as he is raw and the Dolphins can get by in 2012 with Matt Moore and David Garrard (both only under contract for this year).In dynasty leagues I am warming up to him as a developmental prospect QB who has some upside and could be worth adding to your team.

Ireland, Philbin watch QB Ryan Tannehill

By James Walker

The Miami Dolphins appear serious about the possibility of drafting Texas A&M quarterback Ryan Tannehill.

According to Charean Williams of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Dolphins general manager Jeff Ireland, head coach Joe Philbin and player personnel director Brian Gaine were in attendance for Tannehill's pro day Thursday. Miami holds the No. 8 overall pick.

The early reports were good. Tannehill threw the ball well and moved well. He ran the 40-yard dash in 4.62 seconds, showing his speed as a former wide receiver. Tannehill is one of the fastest-rising prospects in this year's NFL draft.

With Stanford's Andrew Luck and Baylor's Robert Griffin III expected to go with the top two picks, Tannehill is now considered a top-10 prospect. Miami is sitting at No. 8 and is in need of a long-term solution at QB. Veterans Matt Moore and David Garrard both have one year left on their contracts.

Miami offensive coordinator Mike Sherman, who was not in attendance, coached Tannehill in college. Sherman is already convinced Tannehill can play quarterback in the NFL. Perhaps Ireland and Philbin needed one more look up close.

Taking Tannehill over any of Blackmon, Claiborne or Richardson is lunacy. To be honest if that happens I think the entire draft would become boring and I'd be turned off enough to tune it off.

Aggies QB Tannehill impresses with several teams watching

By Dane Brugler | The Sports Xchange/CBSSports.com

COLLEGE STATION, Texas -- After a right foot injury sidelined him for the last two months, quarterback Ryan Tannehill finally had his day to shine in front of NFL scouts and evaluators on Thursday in College Station. And he didn't disappoint.

Tannehill, NFLDraftScout.com's third-ranked quarterback, ran one 40-yard dash -- Texas A&M listed his time at 4.62 seconds -- and threw for over 30 minutes with 22 NFL teams represented.

Seattle and Miami brought the most firepower. Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll, GM John Schneider and offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell were all on hand. The Dolphins' contingent included head coach Joe Philbin and GM Jeff Ireland. The Browns sent offensive coordinator Brad Childress and quarterback coach Mark Whipple to College Station to watch Tannehill.

Tannehill completed 65 of 68 passes with two drops and one slight overthrow on a 40-yard bucket pass downfield to Jeff Fuller. He started his passing session with rollouts, bootlegs and several drop-back motions that required him to maneuver inside and outside the pocket. It became evident quickly that his foot was healed. Tannehill displayed his strong arm with very good technique, using his hips and follow-through to establish top velocity on difficult passes. He showed very good ball placement, especially on the run.

"I felt good, it was a good day," said Tannehill after his workout. "I'm a competitor. It was tough sitting on the sidelines (because of the injury). To get my day today was great and it was fun."

With scripted passes, no defensive pressure and perfect conditions throwing indoors, Tannehill was expected to look good. Most important for his pro stock -- teams saw what they needed to see -- he's healthy.

Tannehill had surgery in January after he broke the fifth metatarsal in his right foot and was forced to miss the Senior Bowl and combine. He even had to limp down the aisle with crutches at his wedding in late January. Nonetheless, the foot looked healed and Tannehill impressed those in attendance.

"He should be very proud of his workout today," said Carroll. "He did a nice job."

Tannehill ran in the high 4.5s and low 4.6s in the 40-yard dash and did not repeat the sprint as is customary. He did not participate in any other shuttle or agility drills. Tannehill, who was recruited as a quarterback out of high school, carries some questions about his playing experience with only 19 career starts under center after playing two seasons as a wide receiver.

"I had fun helping my team," Tannehill said, "but at the end of the day I wanted to be a quarterback."

Childress, the former Vikings head coach and current Browns offensive coordinator, brought a fresh perspective. He said he's fine with the lack of experience because Tannehill is extremely moldable and isn't already set in his ways.

"It's remarkable that a wide receiver came in as proficient as he did at a big-time program," said Childress. "I have no reservations (about lack of experience). I like kids who haven't been playing the position since Pop Warner."

Tannehill had dinner with the Dolphins and Seahawks -- he was dining with the Dolphins' brass when the Seahawks showed up -- Wednesday night and also mentioned several upcoming private workouts with teams. He has been working out in Florida at IMG with former Heisman Trophy winner Chris Weinke, who was instrumental in preparing 2011 No. 1 overall pick Cam Newton last year. Weinke had high praise for Tannehill's Thursday pro day.

"I couldn't be more happy with his performance today," said Weinke. "He processes at a fast pace, very good understanding of offense and had the luxury playing for a former NFL guy in college (Mike Sherman). There is no question in my mind that he's a franchise quarterback."

Former Aggies wide receiver Fuller and running back Cyrus Gray participated in the workout and both looked good catching passes from Tannehill. Sherman, the Dolphins' offensive coordinator who was fired by Texas A&M after the 2011 season, was not in attendance.

But the buzz today was about the quarterback. With Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin expected to be drafted in some order with the top two picks, Tannehill is expected next off the board anywhere from fourth (Browns) to the mid-first round. The Dolphins, who missed out on several quarterback targets in free agency, are a likely destination with the eighth pick.

Taking Tannehill over any of Blackmon, Claiborne or Richardson is lunacy. To be honest if that happens I think the entire draft would become boring and I'd be turned off enough to tune it off.
In the heavy passing focused NFL, teams will gravitate towards any QB that they think could become a franchise QB, even if that player is more on the raw/developmental side of things, and even over one of the best RB prospects to have come out in years (certainly the best since AP)

Richardson even knows the score:

Richardson among Alabama prospects to work out for NFL heavyweights

Excerpt:

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. -- In the pass-happy NFL, running backs aren't as attractive as first-round draft picks as they used to be. Trent Richardson knows the score.

"That motivates me a lot," the former Alabama star said Thursday after performing in the school's second Pro Day of the month. "There hasn't been a Top 10 running back since Adrian Peterson (actually, C.J. Spiller of Clemson went ninth overall in 2010). I want to set the bar high and put us back on the map and show them that we're very, very rare and that we need to be in the Top 5, Top 10. We need to be up there high."

Richardson, NFLDraftScout.com's top-ranked running back and No. 5 prospect, probably won't have to wait long to hear his name called next month in the NFL draft.

"A lot of teams try to beat up on us a lot of times," the 2011 Heisman Trophy finalist said of running backs. "When it comes down to it, I think they're going to need us early in our career and we're going to try to make it to our second contract and try to do stuff with it."

The number of representatives from NFL teams was similar to the number that showed up on March 7, but no head coaches or general managers attended that first pro day. New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick, Dallas Cowboys coach Jason Garrett and Cleveland Browns coach Pat Shurmur were present, along with four general managers: Trent Baalke with the San Francisco 49ers, Martin Mayhew with the Detroit Lions, Ruston Webster with the Tennessee Titans and Kevin Colbert with the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Richardson, who plowed right through Browns RB coach Gary Brown in a blocked drill Thursday, was invited to the combine but did not participate in workouts in Indianapolis because of minor knee surgery that he had after the Jan. 9 BCS Championship Game.

The top 6 predicted picks has been pretty stable for a while but I have a feeling a lot of mock top 10 picks are going to change over the next few days.

Mayock's sudden hyping of this guy is just too much. This is days after Mayock suddenly changed his mind after watching more tape on Richardson. Seriously dude, your job is to evaluate talent for the draft and you're just now getting around to watching tape on Richardson?

I used to value Mayock's opinion. Now, he just sounds like another uninformed media member hyping people up. :thumbdown:

Mayock's sudden hyping of this guy is just too much. This is days after Mayock suddenly changed his mind after watching more tape on Richardson. Seriously dude, your job is to evaluate talent for the draft and you're just now getting around to watching tape on Richardson?I used to value Mayock's opinion. Now, he just sounds like another uninformed media member hyping people up. :thumbdown:
Had to happen sometime. Mel Kiper used to be good at what he did before he became an insider and friends with everyone. Looks like the same thing is happening to Mayock.

Last edited by a moderator:
Video Link:

Tannehill pro day report

05:22 – Mike Mayock checks in from College Station to share his thoughts on Texas A&M QB Ryan Tannehill's performance during his pro-day workout.
*** some speculation that the Vikings and the Jaguars are willing to trade down for any team looking to better position themselves to secure Tannehill

Video Link:

Tannehill pro day report

05:22 – Mike Mayock checks in from College Station to share his thoughts on Texas A&M QB Ryan Tannehill's performance during his pro-day workout.
*** some speculation that the Vikings and the Jaguars are willing to trade down for any team looking to better position themselves to secure Tannehill
Jaguars want to trade down with any team looking to secure anyone.

'duaneok66 said:
stick with Cosell and listen to any podcast that he is on. Gold.
Okay. Well Cosell is saying Tannehill is better than Ponder. And Ponder went 12th last year. :shrug:
Many thought that was a reach at the time but who knows? He seemed like a pretty solid player when he got in there. Tannehill reminds me of a poor man's Cam Newton in some ways. He is athletic as hell, unproven, and people think that means he won't be good. But I think what happens sometimes is scouts start to believe their own :bs: . Here are guys who are wrong about half the time on players saying with certainty that this guy can't do this or this guy is great at that. I think they all need to be taken with a grain of salt. Heck we can't even predict from year to year what established pros are going to do with accuracy.

'duaneok66 said:
stick with Cosell and listen to any podcast that he is on. Gold.
Okay. Well Cosell is saying Tannehill is better than Ponder. And Ponder went 12th last year. :shrug:
Many thought that was a reach at the time but who knows? He seemed like a pretty solid player when he got in there. Tannehill reminds me of a poor man's Cam Newton in some ways. He is athletic as hell, unproven, and people think that means he won't be good. But I think what happens sometimes is scouts start to believe their own :bs: . Here are guys who are wrong about half the time on players saying with certainty that this guy can't do this or this guy is great at that. I think they all need to be taken with a grain of salt. Heck we can't even predict from year to year what established pros are going to do with accuracy.
Sure. I was just pointing out that two guys were saying that we should listen to Cosell instead of Mayock because the latter was so onto Tannehill's jock...but then Cosell seems to like him too.

I get leery when stuff like this starts popping up after being absent completely up until then. In short, it reminds me of being at a bar and you don't give a particular girl a second look. In your mind, you already know she's not the "one" that night. UNTIL the other girls are gone and you get more desperate :)

Basically, if Tannehill was all this, why wasn't it a three player comparison all this time? Why was he completely distanced past the top 3 when Barkely was thought to be coming out and still distanced until the point when the Browns and Dolphins completely struck out in the QB signings? And THEN, all of a sudden, let's talk about this guy.

I just think we have to be careful because now that the Skins have traded up, and its pretty much consensus where Luck and RG III are going, there aren't any sexy stories to spin. So the media has to dig deeper. And the teams that struck out now need to either justify something in their own head or they have to go to battle with McCoy and Moore.

Color me skeptical.

I wonder if the above poster is correct. Is the media bored?

I find NFLN disgusting that Tannehill was the lead story on both total access and path. Alabama was basically ignored, and not just Richardson but Barron and Upshaw, basically 3 top 20 picks. I respect Billick and Casserly for saying Tannehill at 4 is stupid. Mayock is touting someone trading to 3. Luck and Griffin will be studs, Tannehill belongs in the 2nd or late 1 at best. He rose way up while he didn't do the combine, it's all desperation for QB needy teams. The QB needy team will hurt their future and Miami is dumb enough to do it, I don't think the Bowns are that dumb.

I get leery when stuff like this starts popping up after being absent completely up until then. In short, it reminds me of being at a bar and you don't give a particular girl a second look. In your mind, you already know she's not the "one" that night. UNTIL the other girls are gone and you get more desperate :)Basically, if Tannehill was all this, why wasn't it a three player comparison all this time? Why was he completely distanced past the top 3 when Barkely was thought to be coming out and still distanced until the point when the Browns and Dolphins completely struck out in the QB signings? And THEN, all of a sudden, let's talk about this guy.I just think we have to be careful because now that the Skins have traded up, and its pretty much consensus where Luck and RG III are going, there aren't any sexy stories to spin. So the media has to dig deeper. And the teams that struck out now need to either justify something in their own head or they have to go to battle with McCoy and Moore. Color me skeptical.
VERY :goodposting:

Minnesota's not that far from Ohio. I wonder if I'll be able to hear the screams from here when Tannehill goes #4 overall.

Minnesota's not that far from Ohio. I wonder if I'll be able to hear the screams from here when Tannehill goes #4 overall.
Since I said I was skeptical to start with, I'll pile on the the conspiracy theory in an attempt to maybe give the Browns some credit. Maybe they are manufacturing their level of interest as a ploy to compel the Dolphins to want to trade up; in essence, just trying to make a quick buck off a fellow QB-starved team.

You really are convinced the Browns are going to pick Tannehill. They aren't going to.
Like I said, if I had to bet Tannehill or the field, I'd take the latter. I just think it'd be ridiculously funny to see Browns fans go apoplectic.

I'm still kind of baffled at the love this guy is getting. I wish these draft experts on TV who've fallen in love with him would address why his statistics sucked last season.

No matter how often I hear it or read it, I am just not going to buy into Tannehill as a top 5 pick until I see it. He is so raw, how can a team with need at QB right now spend a high draft on a QB that is likely going to take a while to be ready? Give McCoy Richardson or Blackmon right now, draft a project QB later with one of your 79 draft picks, and wait for your shot at Barkley next year. I just can't imagine it happening.

No matter how often I hear it or read it, I am just not going to buy into Tannehill as a top 5 pick until I see it. He is so raw, how can a team with need at QB right now spend a high draft on a QB that is likely going to take a while to be ready? Give McCoy Richardson or Blackmon right now, draft a project QB later with one of your 79 draft picks, and wait for your shot at Barkley next year. I just can't imagine it happening.
I don't know if this is a viable stategy if you're an NFL GM. Can you expect to keep your job if your team finishes as one the 5 worst teams two years in a row? Ie Billy Devaney. Then add in the fact that Barkley price in a trade could very well be in the RGIII range.

I don't know if this is a viable stategy if you're an NFL GM. Can you expect to keep your job if your team finishes as one the 5 worst teams two years in a row? Ie Billy Devaney. Then add in the fact that Barkley price in a trade could very well be in the RGIII range.
Perhaps, but if the main goal of the Owner of that NFL team is to have the franchise compete for the Superbowl, than he'd be a fool to fire a GM for not drafting a ####ty QB in the top 10 picks.

Perhaps, but if the main goal of the Owner of that NFL team is to have the franchise compete for the Superbowl, than he'd be a fool to fire a GM for not drafting a ####ty QB in the top 10 picks.
His goal may be to sell jerseys and PSLs though.

I'm still kind of baffled at the love this guy is getting. I wish these draft experts on TV who've fallen in love with him would address why his statistics sucked last season.
I've only watched a few of games of him and I like his potential, but he doesn't look like a guy who should go top 10. There are some things he does well - accurate on short passes, makes quick decisions, good pocket presence, great runner for a QB - and some things that he doesn't - lacks zip sometimes on short passes, has serious trouble with the deep ball, and forces passes too often.

I would be careful calling Tannehill a ####ty QB. You can't say that he doesn't have potential. For example, Butch Davis and the Browns obliously did not think Ben Rothlisberger was worth a top 10 pick and instead drafted Kellen Winslow at 6.

If he goes top 10 it's just silly. Overvaluing a need this much is the way to make a bad team worse.
Even if the OC of the team that drafts him is his former coach?
You mean the former coach that put him at WR?
You need to look at what was happening at A&M to see that's not really a true statement. 2008 McGhee was the incumbent qb. Due to a shoulder injury Jerrod Johnson took over. So in 2009 Johnson was going to be hard to unseat as the incumbent qb. Johnson was a pretty good pro prospect himself till his own shoulder surgery. When Jerrod came back and the shoulder wasn't good, Tannehill took over. Really it just shows how good of an athlete he was. They wanted Johnson and Tannehill on the field at the same time. So, yeah, he played wr because he was that good of a football player, not because he wasn't a skilled qb.

Tom Heckert isn't going anywhere. He's got at LEAST 2 more years. If we suck this year (4-5 wins or less I'd say) it's Shurmur that will be gone. Holmgren & Heckert are going to have plenty of time.We'll see what their strategy is next year when this year's draft comes around. If they really stock up on picks for next year (at least an extra 1st and a 2nd) then we'll know they are gunning for Barkley.

The Browns in the Holmgren / Heckert era basically threw away year 1 by keeping Mangini around. By firing Mangini and bringing in Shurmur (who runs a completely different system), they basically have to blow up the team and start all over. That means the switch to the 3-4 and the WCO, it means dumping what little talent they had (Hillis for example) and obtaining guys that fit the new systems.This is technically year 3, but actually only the 2nd draft of the current systems. Planning to get Barkley in year 4 is obviously not optimal, but they didn't trade up for RG3, didn't get the #1 pick to get Luck, didn't sign Flynn, and at this point, it might be their best option.

His goal may be to sell jerseys and PSLs though.
True, but I wouldn't think a project QB would be the kind of player who people want jerseys of, but I couldn't say for sure. Regardless, in my opinion the owner should look be looking long term if they have a top 10 pick so waiting for a true stud QB prospect should be what they want.
I would be careful calling Tannehill a ####ty QB. You can't say that he doesn't have potential. For example, Butch Davis and the Browns obliously did not think Ben Rothlisberger was worth a top 10 pick and instead drafted Kellen Winslow at 6.
Sure Tannehill has potential, but so do some of the QBs that GMs can draft in the later rounds like Nick Foles and Brock Osweiler among others. As for Rothlisberger, I wasn't playing dynasty leagues back in 2003 so I wasn't really paying attention to CFB players back then, but his college stats are very impressive, particularly in his senior season; albeit the stats were surely inflated from playing in the MAC. Still, I'd like to think I'd be considerably more optimistic about Rothlisberger's chances than I am of Tannehill's, but that's impossible to say without hindsight bias.

Raw doesn't mean bad, or not worth a top 10 pick. Nothing inherently wrong with raw as long as you have the patience and staff to develop him.

Raw doesn't mean bad, or not worth a top 10 pick. Nothing inherently wrong with raw as long as you have the patience and staff to develop him.
See this is where I think scouts get a little full of themselves. They say raw. They said Cam Newton was raw and he rewrote the record books. They said Jason Pierre Paul was raw, he led a defense to a championship at 22 years old. I think there is something to it maybe, but I think the whole "raw" thing gets overdone. He had more career starts than Mark Sanchez, who led his team to the AFCC game twice before the age of 24.

See this is where I think scouts get a little full of themselves. They say raw. They said Cam Newton was raw and he rewrote the record books. They said Jason Pierre Paul was raw, he led a defense to a championship at 22 years old. I think there is something to it maybe, but I think the whole "raw" thing gets overdone. He had more career starts than Mark Sanchez, who led his team to the AFCC game twice before the age of 24.
you have a point, but Sanchez is a bad example. He's not any good.

you have a point, but Sanchez is a bad example. He's not any good.
You know what I mean though, right? I don't even recall if Sanchez was considered "raw". Maybe Chad Henne should be used in the example. Very polished. Played in tons of games at Michigan. It's like all the scouts are hopping on the Tannehill bandwagon but not really committing to him. They are talking out of both sides of their mouth. McShay says "He has got all the tools to be successful, but needs to sit a while, which he won't be allowed to do." He switched directions twice in the same sentence. Either he has the tools to be successful or he doesn't. It's like they all want to pimp this kid, but then leave themselves the "raw" as an out in case he is out of the league in three seasons. "See I was right, but he just wasn't coached properly." Or if he's in the Pro Bowl in three seasons "See I was right, I said he had all of the tools and X coaching staff got the best out of him."

Users who are viewing this thread