What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Saints at Eagles +8 (42.5)*** This One Hurts (4 Viewers)

Maybe we should start comparing Hill to Hurts today...

Interesting how the Defense responds, this team has picked itself right up. 

This next drive could send them into a 3 week Rat Race for the NFC East

Last edited by a moderator:
I am very tough on quarterbacks and so far watching Hurts I see a guy who is going through his progressions at a good speed. He's not trying to force things and doesn't seem to be leaving yards on the field. The biggest thing is that he is doesn't seem to be affected by his O-Line not because of his speed, but he processes and navigates the pocket well enough that's it's not as much of an issue.

Maybe we should start comparing Hill to Hurts today...
I can't stress enough what an insult that is to Hurts.

I am very tough on quarterbacks and so far watching Hurts I see a guy who is going through his progressions at a good speed. He's not trying to force things and doesn't seem to be leaving yards on the field. The biggest thing is that he is doesn't seem to be affected by his O-Line not because of his speed, but he processes and navigates the pocket well enough that's it's not as much of an issue.

I can't stress enough what an insult that is to Hurts.
Agree with everything you're saying. He's had the advantage of sitting for most of the season with a few plays ad being brought along slowly but my goodness you just can't not be impressed with what you are seeing out there. That was a heckuva throw on the run to give Ertz a chance to make a play. He put the ball where nobody else was going to touch it. 

I can't believe they didn't overturn the Ertz call, still think it was a great throw and attempt. 

Saints giving then every chance
Yep not that impressed with this Saints defense. The way the media talked them up you'd have thought they were playing the SB Ravens Defense. Seem to be giving a lot of underneath stuff so far from what I've seen (issed the first 7 mins). Hurts looks fairly good so far however the TD pass was under thrown and was a great adjustment by Jeffrey. Wouldn't have mattered given the roughing the passer though. 

Maybe Alshon would like to prove he can still play a little bit. It hasn't been working with Wentz, I've been in a lot of these threads with all of you and I would be slightly impressed with the way Hurts is running the offense and giving them a chance vs another team missing their starting QB. 

I couldn't begin to imagine how they will handle Wentz in the off season but for the moment and in a Division where a win today put you in striking distance and a Head Coach that has a history of making magic with the back ups...I'm just saying
Alshon was the one telling Josina Anderson all the BS on Wentz. He was her source. So it's obvious now it looks like he wasn't even gonna try under Wentz. I'd bench him just for that. 

Defense playing lights out. I think this is the game Taysom Hill comes back to earth.
I was listening to some sports show the other day where the hosts were saying Taysom is a spitting image of Drew Brees (with the exception being that he can also run).   I was just thinking to myself you may want to rein it in a little.  

Nice pick. Eagles getting Taysom Hill at the right time. 
This reminds me of what I called the Phillies Ace pitcher syndrome. Where Cole Hamels and Brett Myers would get zero run support or Doc or Lee but Kyle Kendrick and the like who are bottom feeder starters got like a solid 5 runs per start by the offense. 

Agree with everything you're saying. He's had the advantage of sitting for most of the season with a few plays ad being brought along slowly but my goodness you just can't not be impressed with what you are seeing out there. That was a heckuva throw on the run to give Ertz a chance to make a play. He put the ball where nobody else was going to touch it. 

I can't believe they didn't overturn the Ertz call, still think it was a great throw and attempt. 
Hopefully he looks good enough we can sucker some QB needy team who misses out on Lawerence/Fields to give up a first or 2nd for him in the offseason. 

He's played well but let's not dismiss ehat getting hit 123 times can do to a QB.
I'm no genius but I would deploy Ertz and Goedert inside the numbers and then send the WRs long outside and see what happens...either Ertz and Goedert will cut them to pieces or one of those guys not named Jeffrey is going to get loose and rip the cover off the secondary. 

I'd like to see the Eagles hit the gas here. Maybe if they thump the Saints we will see Brees sooner over later...

Sincerely,

Kamara Fans

I'm no genius but I would deploy Ertz and Goedert inside the numbers and then send the WRs long outside and see what happens...either Ertz and Goedert will cut them to pieces or one of those guys not named Jeffrey is going to get loose and rip the cover off the secondary. 

I'd like to see the Eagles hit the gas here. Maybe if they thump the Saints we will see Brees sooner over later...

Sincerely,

Kamara Fans
That guy is pretty good. Maybe they should use him a bit more 

Great job by Hurts selling the run and then taking off to the races...missed getting out of bounds but he's excited and trying to move the Offense, that's understandable. 

I like the playcalling but it's so frustrating that they are calling short passes, roll outs and zone reads.

And of course Miles Sanders. You know our Star RB. WHY DIDNT WE DO THIS ALL ####### YEAR!

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the playcalling but it's so frustrating that they are calling short passes, roll outs and zone reads.

And of course Miles Sanders. You know our Star RB. WHY DIDNT WE DO THIS ALL ####### YEAR!
Are we surprised though? Most of us thought this would happen too which s why it's more frustrating too. 

Saints could feel Hurts was starting to get some rhythm and they were expecting pass and then BAM they got run over by Sanders. 

#58 and #27 both left the Saints Defense High n Dry...58 totally misses or doesn't get there, take a bad lane to try and get Sanders and then he busts 27 along the way, Jenkins...WOW!!!

This Eagles team looks like a Super Bowl contender.  WTF is wrong with this league?  So unpredictable other than the Chiefs (who we pretty much know will not lose the rest of the way)

Users who are viewing this thread