What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** San Francisco 49ers *** Aiyuk remains a holdout (15 Viewers)

I also have a decently sized wager from months back on the Niners winning the SB
I put $20 on em last May at 9/1. Also put $20 on DET at 22/1 and $20 on BAL at 20/1.

Just like last season where I had SB bets on 3 of the final 4 teams and KC screwed me. I feel they're gonna do it again.

Never bet on my teams. If they win, I'll be happy anyway. I do often bet on their opponents in big spots, since then if they lose I soften the blow with a little payday. Had some money on Detroit last week, and got some down on KC as well. Purely emotional plays - if I lose I think of it like "paying" to guarantee the win for SF.

Moody has missed eight field goal attempts and one extra point. Here’s how he missed them:

• Preseason 1: 40 yards, wide left
  • Preseason 1: 58 yards, wide right
  • Week 6: 54 yards, wide left
  • Week 6: 41 yards, wide right
  • Week 7: 40 yards, wide right
  • Week 18: 38 yards, wide right
  • Week 18: extra point, wide right
  • Divisional: 48 yards, blocked
  • Conference: 48 yards, wide right

Never bet on my teams. If they win, I'll be happy anyway. I do often bet on their opponents in big spots, since then if they lose I soften the blow with a little payday. Had some money on Detroit last week, and got some down on KC as well. Purely emotional plays - if I lose I think of it like "paying" to guarantee the win for SF.
Have taken Niners annually for 3 straight years on the futures. The year they lost to the Rams I got them at something like +16 or !800 IIRC, that would've been nice.

The money is a bonus. Since they made it this year, I don't need to make any other bets, boxes, or anything stupid. My team is playing, if they win great, if they lose, the money is just material.

I'm not much of a gambler since I hate losing more than I enjoy winning. The 49ers winning the SB is prob the one and only scenario I would enjoy them winning more than anything, and I'd like to profiteer off it as well. If they lose, it's misery regardless, so whatever.

Fun fact: teams are 16-3 in white uniforms in the Super Bowl since 2004.

Niners are wearing white vs KC
Congrats on the win.
You got this.
You are a formidable foe my friend. Much like the niners this year.

I just hope the Chiefs can play a good solid game. The offense simply cannot score 17 points and expect to win against the niners. This game is gonna be played in the 20's at least, and I'm honestly not sure the Chiefs can get there.

I was thinking about Trey Lance earlier. Has there ever been a QB drafted top 5 that started 2 games, got hurt, and never got another chance to be a starter? Wild.

Fun fact: teams are 16-3 in white uniforms in the Super Bowl since 2004.

Niners are wearing white vs KC
Congrats on the win.
You got this.
You are a formidable foe my friend. Much like the niners this year.

I just hope the Chiefs can play a good solid game. The offense simply cannot score 17 points and expect to win against the niners. This game is gonna be played in the 20's at least, and I'm honestly not sure the Chiefs can get there.
If you watch either of the Niners' playoff games, that should help assure you that it is indeed possible, likely even.

I was thinking about Trey Lance earlier. Has there ever been a QB drafted top 5 that started 2 games, got hurt, and never got another chance to be a starter? Wild.
The Brock Purdy effect

But yeah, pretty wild especially when you consider the draft capital they gave up to get him. A lot of teams would have been stubborn and felt they had to save face. Glad the 49ers didn't stack one mistake on top of the other.

Mentally though, I'm preparing for the devastation, doing my best to accept the defeat. I mean, it's been since I was 10, what's another year?
Refreshing to see someone truly enjoying the experience of their favorite team making it to the Big Game :ponder:
There might be a few hundred people in the world as excited for this game as I am. My kids at 7 and 11 are even more pumped, just enhancing it for me. The questions I get from them are smarter than 3/4 of the stuff I read on a football message board. Furthermore, I’m hosting a SB party with roughly 30 or so people. If all of that isn’t enough, financially, it’s a pretty nice windfall if they win.

The outcome here is completely binary. From a mental aspect, I need to be somewhat prepared if the outcome is the one I do not like.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I gave ChiefD a taste in SB thread, he’s continuing to look for more. He needs to understand, when the text goes off to a friend in a FF matchup, they go running, I’m going to have to show him why.

Line is down to 1.

I am still surprised SF opened as the favorite.

I suspect by the time the game gets here (or sooner) it will be SC +1.5 or +2

ETA - just checked and it’s back at SF -2

Wild.

Random thoughts from my rewatch of the NFCCG:

Chase Young wasn't quite as bad as I thought. Yes, he was bad, and he had some awful lack of effort plays and a couple times where he just got wiped out by a WR. But he did have a couple tackles for losses and did a better job of setting the edge through the rest of the game than I had thought initially. What stuck out to me was Kinlaw getting dominated and Gregory doing who knows what on a bunch of plays. Gregory is just bad.

Brock's first half wasn't as bad as I thought. He made some huge throws while getting drilled. The pick was on a play where his arm got hit. This might be an absurd take and certainly counter to conventional wisdom, but I think he needs to be ready to tuck it and scramble out of the pocket more often. He doesn't have the size and strength to sit in the pocket like Dan Marino and deliver a strong throw downfield while getting pulverized by a 280 lb lineman and a lot of his awful throws are from him getting hit while he's releasing. But he does have the lower body strength, speed, and pocket awareness to get out and buy himself more time and space. That's going to be really important in the Super Bowl when Chris Jones is going to be regularly beating the Niners' interior line.

The narrative that the Niners got lucky and caught all the breaks in the second half is incomplete at best, IMO. If that 50 yard pass to Aiyuk is incomplete, the Niners are still marching down the field anyway. That Lions D wasn't getting any stops in the second half. Also, the Lions got a huge break when they got away with a blatant roughing the passer at the beginning of the 4th quarter. That basically cost SF 4 points. Ambry Thomas also dropped an easy interception in the 4th as well that kept the Lions in it.

The only Dan Campbell call I had a problem with was the 4th & 3 with 7 mins left in the fourth. That was a long 3 yards, and Detroit was not moving the ball easily on SF at that point like they had been in the first half.

So what’s the genius going to dial up?

I’m seeing a lot of Deebo/CMC in the backfield together, with a lot of motion trying to confuse the defense. He’s def going to try and showcase the genius stuff during the game.

The Lions pissing the game away took the wind outta my sails for the SB......also, I'm kind of tired of the Chiefs. I have two FF playoff leagues where I'm in the mix, so that's about all I'm interested in SB-wise.......and the food and drinks obviously.

Yea, really wonder who the shield is rooting for?

Oh they want KC to win and Swift on the stage with Kelce for the Lombardi hoisting, no doubt.
I don't know about that. The NFL and CBS will get everything they need just by having her show up.

One thing I thought that was pretty cool at the AFC championship game was CBS not interviewing her. I'm guessing they went to her people before the game and she said "do not even bother. I will not be doing interviews at all, especially if the Chiefs win."

It was telling to me that sure, they showed her, but Traci Wolfson or nobody that I could tell was trying to squeeze in for an interview. Tells me she doesn't really want to be part of the show. (but clearly she has to be despite that).

If the Chiefs miraculously somehow won this thing, I would be shocked if she went up on the stage at all, much less talk.

If the Chiefs miraculously somehow won this thing, I would be shocked if she went up on the stage at all, much less talk.
When you have Mahomes, a reverse jinx isn't necessary and has no power. It's like reverse jinxing the Chicago Bulls back in the Jordan days, they're gonna win regardless.

I don't think Swift will speak after they win, but she will 100% be on stage with Kelce when they present the trophy. There's zero chance she's not IMO.

Gonna be interesting to see how not having Omenihu will impact KCs pass rush. He's been playing 40+ snaps a game and had 6 sacks since week 13. That type of production from a rotational piece isn't easily replaced.

The 49ers will fly the entire organization — from office staffers to interns — to Las Vegas for Super Bowl LVIII. There will be multiple charter jets making the trip, per owner Jed York

York also revealed that Kyle Shanahan told him he thought Brock Purdy would be SF's best quarterback all the way back in training camp of 2022 — when Purdy was still a rookie and the 49ers had both Jimmy Garoppolo and Trey Lance on the roster.

Shanahan's quote, according to York: "I think our third-string quarterback is our best quarterback."

Later, York added that Shanahan said "I think that Brock will be our quarterback at some point."

Last edited:
KPShow:

Nick Bosa on if anything stands out when watching the Chiefs offensive tackles: "They hold a lot."

On what he can take from last season's home defeat to the Chiefs: "Definitely some things that I need to be ready for because they were gameplanning me in that game."

From @geoffschwartz:

Since 2019 (including playoffs):
Jawaan Taylor and Donovan Smith rank #1 and #3 in holding penalties

Since 2020 (including playoffs):
Jawaan Taylor leads the NFL in pre-snap penalties

Certainly a point of emphasis from Bosa for a reason. Feels like they’re trying to highlight this as much as possible leading up to the game to make sure the refs are aware and looking for this.

#49ers Brock Purdy has officially signed a national endorsement deal with Toyota, per @darrenrovell

It will be the company’s first deal with an active NFL player since becoming the official NFL vehicle sponsor

#49ers Brock Purdy has officially signed a national endorsement deal with Toyota, per @darrenrovell

It will be the company’s first deal with an active NFL player since becoming the official NFL vehicle sponsor
Way to go Lee Harvey. Glad to see it isn’t another MAUTO guy.

Sure, but guess who is gonna insure that car?

And his house when Purdy bundles it?

:scream:

AAA 👍

One of the best posts I’ve ever read here. Very funny

Listen guy, we’re gonna have to watch Taylor Swift and Kelce hoist the Lombardi trophy together… no need to toss all their endorsements in our face too!

6 things 49ers can learn from SB LIV loss to Chiefs

You mean scoring TDs is better than FGs? Who knew? I don't remember the distance needed for the 1st downs on the FGs in that game, but kicking FGs was not the reason they lost that game. Pretty much all on Jimmy melting down in the 4th quarter (2.3 QBR in 4th quarter). I cut him a little slack because I think he was concussed after the two helmet to helmet hits that didn't get called, but plays were open and he missed the throws. He played pretty well the first 3 quarters with the exception of a couple knucklehead throws, one a pick and one that should have been a pick. Mahomes made a couple dumb throws too so hopefully that happens again.

I do agree with the point about not giving Deebo more touches in the run game or on short passes late. Deebo was wide open in the flat for an easy first down and possibly a huge play in crunch time and Jimmy didn't check down. Easy flip but he tried to force it and one of the plays that Jones batted down.

Users who are viewing this thread