What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** San Francisco 49ers *** 2024 Official Schedule Is Posted. Week 1 vs NY Jets on MNF (62 Viewers)

Wilks sucks too. Way too many stars and money tied up on defense to be this bad.

They have been just awful...i watch the announcers talk up bosa, greenlaw and warner and they are nowhere to be found

They can cut hargrave in the offseason...worse signing ever

Shanahan doesn’t run the defense. Wilks is gone and they need to rethink what they are doing on the defensive line.
Why not line Bosa and Chase in the A Gap? They did it in the Jaguars game, and it worked great. They haven't done it since IIRC.

And it kind of doesn’t matter. This was their window. They can still be decent going forward but unless they hit some home runs in the draft, the Super Bowl window is closed.

And it kind of doesn’t matter. This was their window. They can still be decent going forward but unless they hit some home runs in the draft, the Super Bowl window is closed.
I don't know, they've got one more year with this core intact. After that it starts to fall apart.

This is true...they really need to start cutting the fat. Just paid Bosa huge money but the rest of the d can go.

I don't know, they've got one more year with this core intact. After that it starts to fall apart.

At the start of the year i said there are huge gaps in the oline and dbs...this has been true all year. Williams is one year older and more injury prone and they have no depth. Their dline was their strength and it's not

The core guys are going to be worse and they don’t have the cap space or young depth to infuse the roster with more talent.

It’s over bro. One of those I hate saying I told you so, but I was right about firing Shanahan all this time, I was right about this team biggest mistake ever was trust fund baby getting rid of Jim Harbaugh.

I’m done. **** them, **** Jed York, and **** Shanahan.

My yearly expectations are now just make it to the conference championship, I'm convinced Shanahan will never win a SB as a HC.

You guys are nuts unless Shanahan was made defensive coordinator in the last couple hours and I did t hear about it.
Aside from the pathetic defensive showing, where is Shanahans scheming that gets WRs and TEs open? 131 total yards in the 1st half - 93 passing, 38 rushing. We should be passing to set up the run.

If Detroit scores any points on their next drive, it's officially over. If not, there may be a sliver of hope.

49ers run defense ranks (EPA/play) through the Shanahan era....

2017: #17
2018: #11
2019: #7
2020: #5
2021: #2
2022: #2
2023: #26

Very similar personnel to pre-Steve Wilks top-5 units. It's been a problem all season and the Lions are truly exposing it today.

- Lombardi

Users who are viewing this thread