What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Sell Vincent Jackson now! (1 Viewer)

Last I checked, we don't move TD's over to guys winded from a long run because he almost scored.
The point is how actual performances impact future projections, not whether Jackson owners get those points or not.Jackson finished with 9-114-2 on 14 targets. In there, he had a 1-yard TD catch. Had Martin not been tackled at the 1, Jackson likely would have finished the game with 8-113-1 on 13 targets. When considering future outlook for Jackson, is there a meaningful difference there? Would you pay more for Jackson today than you would had Martin reached the endzone on that play?
No, the point is, he got the TD. Simple as that. In this reality, not some alternate reality, VJax got in the endzone. That's all we need to talk about. There are no if's, or but this guy's, what would've happened's. It didn't. He scored. And he did again this year, but with more yards. So this thread might be the worst premise for a thread ever! Had someone sold this guy when this thread was started you would be lucky to get J. Bell for him. Now you might be able to trade him for a LeVeon Bell or a Lacy. Or maybe an Alfred Morris or add a pick and trade up to a Moreno or something....
You had me until bell, lacy, alf, and Moreno.

Disagree. Vjax is worth more than any of them now after the last 2 weeks. You'd be getting taken if you traded him for anything less a top 5-7 Rb. He is entering the discussion to end te year amongst the elite at the wr position with mega, green, dez, demaryius, Marshall. Maybe even worth more than Marshall and demaryius at this pt since he IS the entire tb offense.
You have to think about league formats. VJax is 29 or 30. In dynasty, I would move him for a young RB like Lacy or LeVeon. In a redraft, I would need something else to make that deal happen. Then again, two games does not make the guy Megatron or Dez. Particularly with the two D's he played against.

I miss those delicious touchdowns... :kicksrock:

and this week was rough. i wasn't expecting a huge day, but he was basically shut out.

Eh I benched him I figured Sherman was going to blanket him and sea would shut the bucs out. I was partially correct. He's in for a big big day against the fins. Must start wr1 stats

Eh I benched him I figured Sherman was going to blanket him and sea would shut the bucs out. I was partially correct. He's in for a big big day against the fins. Must start wr1 stats
What makes you think V Jackson is in for a big day tomorrow? I haven't watched many Dolphins games. Are they getting shredded by receivers?Ouch....

I just answered my own question by sifting through their schedule.

Have had a 100+ yard receiver in every game against them other than the Bills and the Patriots.

Last edited by a moderator:
maybe not a bad thread idea, if he could put together a couple good games.

thought i was getting a *steal* taking VJAX in the 4th round of a 14 team league. after watching McCown chucking the ball with a lot of success last year in CHI w/ 2 big WRs in ashlon and marshall, then TB drafting Evans, it looked (at least before the season started) like a perfect storm w/ Lovie as the new HC.

anyone know why the TB passing game is a dumpster fire thus far? i'll admit that CAR and STL both are good defenses, but 8 total catches on 16 targets in 2 games for 80ish yards is brutal. at least he's not injured, but he's almost un-tradeable at this point.

Rotoworld:

Vincent Jackson caught four passes for 51 yards in the Bucs' Week 2 loss to the Rams.

Jackson was targeted a team-high seven times. He did all of his damage on one drive, highlighting it with a leaping catch over the top of a Rams corner. Josh McCown needs to revert to his Chicago ways and simply throw it up to Jackson whenever there's nothing else. Jackson will need better play around him to post his regular WR2 numbers. The Bucs take on the Falcons on Thursday night.

Sep 14 - 8:49 PM

This thread, every year, like clockwork and he still finishes as a high end WR2 on the back of several big games.
New coaching staff; new QB. I'm not sure how any previous stats apply. I have no faith in a coaching staff who can't seem to figure out (so far) that even if you throw a jump-ball to your 6'5" receiver in single-coverage, there's a good chance he's coming down with it.

This thread, every year, like clockwork and he still finishes as a high end WR2 on the back of several big games.
New coaching staff; new QB. I'm not sure how any previous stats apply. I have no faith in a coaching staff who can't seem to figure out (so far) that even if you throw a jump-ball to your 6'5" receiver in single-coverage, there's a good chance he's coming down with it.
VJax survived (progressed) switching from Rivers to Freeman. I think he'll be fine.

I'm not selling VJax, but he's benched until he puts up WR2 numbers. Which really means until McCown settles down in the pocket and starts throwing with accuracy and confidence. Which may not happen this season because holy jesus the Tampa O-Line is bad.

I'm not selling VJax, but he's benched until he puts up WR2 numbers. Which really means until McCown settles down in the pocket and starts throwing with accuracy and confidence. Which may not happen this season because holy jesus the Tampa O-Line is bad.
Which likely means you will miss his productive games. Owned him a lot and often over the years and 2012 was the one and only year I ever got a consistent "worth it" product out of him. He is so up and down. Get you 7. You sit him. Gets 32 on your bench the next week. You plug him back in and he gets you...7.

It is such a headache owning him that I got to the point that I would rather get beat by him or lose without him than hinge my hopes on him.

I had planned on doing the same thing, but the injury to AJ Green has him back in my lineup. Going to have to start him this week along with Antonio Brown and Floyd. Hoping they figure it out in Tampa or the other two carry him. Then again if Carson Palmer isn't back this week, I'm going to have to sit Floyd and go with someone else.

I can't bench him against the Falcons. The matchup is beautiful. But if he throws up another stinker, he's bench fodder.

Either that or you get a flag and a cheap first down in today's NFL. I'm still baffled they only threw the ball 21 times on Sunday and ran it on 6 straight plays in goal to go situations. Resulting in 3 points.

Thursday is his last chance for me. If he can't do it versus ATL, then he goes to the bench/trading block.

OU#1 said:
Thursday is his last chance for me. If he can't do it versus ATL, then he goes to the bench/trading block.
iirc, he ripped ATL up last season... don't get the TB passing game yet. they have 2 huge WR that should be prime redzone targets, but it hasn't happened yet.

Good lord TB is a dumpster fire... Not sure they could look any worse. In Glennon we trust. Can't believe I sat G Tate for Vjax.

It would really suck staring at a big fat 0 next to Jackson's name for the next 3 days.

Gimme something.... one catch for 8 yards. SOMETHING! If he ends this game with a donut, I'm dropping him purely out of spite.

It would really suck staring at a big fat 0 next to Jackson's name for the next 3 days.

Gimme something.... one catch for 8 yards. SOMETHING! If he ends this game with a donut, I'm dropping him purely out of spite.
imagine having to stare at his AND raineys score for the next 3 days. And i cant even drop either one until tuesday

Users who are viewing this thread