What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Sell Vincent Jackson now! (2 Viewers)

It's amazing how Glennon is this much of an upgrade for VJax over McCown.
True, but Evans is also out which helps, because Glennon likes targeting Evans.
You clearly didn't see the Glennon-VJAX marriage last year did you?
Yes. I also saw that he has liked throwing to Evans. Both things can be true.
You mean all 8 times? Evans had 4 catches in week 3 and week 4. Seems there's a bit more of a track record last year between VJax and Glennon.

You mean all 8 times? Evans had 4 catches in week 3 and week 4. Seems there's a bit more of a track record last year between VJax and Glennon.
14 targets in those two weeks. My point stands. Doesn't take away from the fact that he also has chemistry with VJax. Evans being out helps VJax in the target department, that's indisputable. Have no idea why that guy and now you are taking issue with a simple fact that doesn't even take away from what you're saying.

Last edited by a moderator:
14 targets in those two weeks. My point stands. Doesn't take away from the fact that he also has chemistry with VJax. Evans being out helps VJax in the target department, that's indisputable. Have no idea why that guy and now you are taking issue with a simple fact that doesn't even take away from what you're saying.
Not to mention with the incoming of Evans, you would have to think he will consciously start looking for him more and more knowing that he's somebody he (Glennon) can grow up and mature with as 2 young guys developing together.

YOU SHUT UP ABOUT MIKE EVANS!!!! THIS TREAD IS ABOUT VJAX AND HOW AWESOME HE IS.

hE WON PEOPLE SOME GAMES TONIGHT SO SHUT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14 targets. Didn't work too well did it? No track record. M. Evans wishful thinking is strong here.

14 targets. Didn't work too well did it? No track record. M. Evans wishful thinking is strong here.
What the hell are you going on about. My original point had nothing to do with how good or bad Evans is, it was just an offhand comment. And you've turned it into this whole weird tangent.

What the hell are you going on about. My original point had nothing to do with how good or bad Evans is, it was just an offhand comment. And you've turned it into this whole weird tangent.
I'm talking about VJAX. He gets targets and catches balls from Glennon and TB wins. Glennon and VJAX are going to Chili's to eat dinner after the game. M.Evans wasn't invited.

Considering benching VJax for Hilton this week. Can TB online hold their own against the Balt front seven?

Peak said:
Considering benching VJax for Hilton this week. Can TB online hold their own against the Balt front seven?
You crazy bro? Ribs or not, if Jax is playing with Glennon as QB, he's a must start. Even more so with Evans still out.

Peak said:
You crazy bro? Ribs or not, if Jax is playing with Glennon as QB, he's a must start. Even more so with Evans still out.
I don't think he is a must start and the Baltimore D vs TB is a legitimate concern.
This is where I am right now. VJax looked good last week. The week before, he missed 50% of his targets. With that said, with no Evans opposite him and a pedestrian running game, I think Balt will look to take VJax out and make them run it. Just a gut feeling right now.

FWIW Evans practiced on a limited basis yesterday. It's possible he returns this week but I realize that'd be ahead of schedule.

BAL is allowing the 6th most PPG to WRs in PPR. I mean, they've given up some rather nice stat lines to WRs this year..

A.J Green - 6/131/1

A. Brown - 7/90/0

M. Austin - 6/51/1

A. Hawkins - 7/87/0

T. Gabriel - 2/81/0

K. Benjamin - 5/76/1

J. Cotchery - 5/80/0

T.Y Hilton - 9/90/0

R. Wayne - 7/77/0

I'm specifically looking at Green, Austin and Benjamin and their TDs. They're the corresponding big dude, red zone threats of their teams and they've each found the end zone.

FWIW Evans practiced on a limited basis yesterday. It's possible he returns this week but I realize that'd be ahead of schedule.

BAL is allowing the 6th most PPG to WRs in PPR. I mean, they've given up some rather nice stat lines to WRs this year..

A.J Green - 6/131/1

A. Brown - 7/90/0

M. Austin - 6/51/1

A. Hawkins - 7/87/0

T. Gabriel - 2/81/0

K. Benjamin - 5/76/1

J. Cotchery - 5/80/0

T.Y Hilton - 9/90/0

R. Wayne - 7/77/0

I'm specifically looking at Green, Austin and Benjamin and their TDs. They're the corresponding big dude, red zone threats of their teams and they've each found the end zone.
:goodposting: I like Jackson this week against the Ravens. I think the Ravens were lucky this past week against the Colts, to have only lose by 7.

Report: Bucs fielding calls about trading WR Vincent Jackson
The Buccaneers are receiving a "ton of calls" about trades regarding veteran wide receiver Vincent Jackson, according to NFL.com National Insider Ian Rapoport. The Bucs like Jackson as a player, but the team is willing to consider everything.

Jackson has totaled 25 catches for 344 yards and two touchdowns through six games. The Bucs are on a bye Week 7.
I don't know what to make of this. Some might argue he could end up in a FFB black hole like the Jets. Some might argue he's already in a FFB black hole with Tampa.

What places make sense for him to go? Seattle? Carolina? Who needs a #1 WR (or maybe he could be a 1A/1B somewhere)?

The Buccaneers are receiving a "ton of calls" about trades regarding veteran wide receiver Vincent Jackson, according to NFL.com National Insider Ian Rapoport. The Bucs like Jackson as a player, but the team is willing to consider everything.

Jackson has totaled 25 catches for 344 yards and two touchdowns through six games. The Bucs are on a bye Week 7.
I don't know what to make of this. Some might argue he could end up in a FFB black hole like the Jets. Some might argue he's already in a FFB black hole with Tampa.

What places make sense for him to go? Seattle? Carolina? Who needs a #1 WR (or maybe he could be a 1A/1B somewhere)?
NE is the most likely since Brady is at the end of his and VJax would step in as the #1 WR opposite LaFell.

NE is the most likely since Brady is at the end of his and VJax would step in as the #1 WR opposite LaFell.
Any trade to anywhere would be a great ff boost to VJAX owners. The Tampa situation is as bad as it gets, even playing for the Jets would be way better.

Jackson has 15 receptions and 242 yards in Glennon's 3 starts. Stop it.
The problem (and the reason for optimism) is it took 35 targets to get those 15 receptions (43% catch rate). So it's nice that he's getting thrown at a ton but it sucks that they haven't been able to convert targets to receptions at a significantly higher rate.

Any trade to anywhere would be a great ff boost to VJAX owners. The Tampa situation is as bad as it gets, even playing for the Jets would be way better.
Haha, no. You do not want to see VJax traded at this point. TB has been one of the most pass happy teams ever since Glennon took over (~40 attempts per game) and VJax has performed like a WR2 in that time span with obvious room for improvement. A trade now would kill his value.

Chaka said:
Grahamburn said:
The problem (and the reason for optimism) is it took 35 targets to get those 15 receptions (43% catch rate). So it's nice that he's getting thrown at a ton but it sucks that they haven't been able to convert targets to receptions at a significantly higher rate.
Nowhere to go but up.

Chaka said:
Grahamburn said:
Nowhere to go but up.
Or stay flat...or go down. Other then that I agree.

Chaka said:
Grahamburn said:
Nowhere to go but up.
Or stay flat...or go down. Other then that I agree.
At least we're on the same page.

Sounds like he playing today
More trade talks today on NFL network. My two biggest worries: 1. They sit him because they have a deal in place. And 2. I sit him because I'm worried about No. 1, and they showcase him so they can trade him for more.

RW thinks philly would be a boon to his value. I dont agree
No trade will be a boon to his value right now in redraft. He's a WR2 with WR1 upside. He's always finished as a high-end WR2 by season's end. Does anyone actually believe a trade right now would boost his value to no-brainer WR1 status? I'd personally be pretty bummed if he got moved.

Sounds like he playing today
More trade talks today on NFL network. My two biggest worries: 1. They sit him because they have a deal in place. And 2. I sit him because I'm worried about No. 1, and they showcase him so they can trade him for more.
I don't think he would be active if a deal is in place so you would know to sit him. I would start him as you normally would

No trade will be a boon to his value right now in redraft. He's a WR2 with WR1 upside. He's always finished as a high-end WR2 by season's end. Does anyone actually believe a trade right now would boost his value to no-brainer WR1 status? I'd personally be pretty bummed if he got moved.
i think NE would boost his value to WR1. Thats about it

NE probably wants him but Belichik isn't going to overpay for him. I would think a 4th rounder would be fair compensation.

San Diego should also be looking to bring him back.

I don't think he'd go to a WR1 in New England. Too many different weapons there and Tommy will spread the ball around. He won't instantly be the main focal point of the offense, Tom's still going to throw the ball to Vereen, Gronk, Edelman, Lafell, etc.

I think Seattle drops his value, and Philly would probably keep it about the same (as would New England). Don't think anything changes much (unless he goes to seattle) for vjax owners.

NE probably wants him but Belichik isn't going to overpay for him. I would think a 4th rounder would be fair compensation.

The reason he's not in SD now is that they didn't want to pay him $10M a year. They aren't going to give up a draft pick to do that now.

Edit: I see he has a very low salary this year (840k) so he wouldn't cost much now and just a little guaranteed money left. Not as crazy as I first thought.

I agree. Brady would love him

The reason he's not in SD now is that they didn't want to pay him $10M a year. They aren't going to give up a draft pick to do that now.

Edit: I see he has a very low salary this year (840k) so he wouldn't cost much now and just a little guaranteed money left. Not as crazy as I first thought.
I doubt he goes back to SD. Besides Moss and a few others, it's not common to go back to your former team unless it's to retire. I don't think SD is in desperate need of WR's either...

The only way SD would be interested in VJax is if Floyd was injured. Floyd is doing a great VJax impression right now for Rivers; they are content.

The only way SD would be interested in VJax is if Floyd was injured. Floyd is doing a great VJax impression right now for Rivers; they are content.
Isn't floyd always hurt? But given that, I don't see San Diego bringing him back. They have effective catchers and green has room to be more involved.

The other three teams make a lot more sense, I think.

It's interesting that there is a report saying teams are asking about Doug Martin. I wonder which teams are looking.

If teams are looking at him, I think they have to be at least following along as to what is going on with Ray rice.

Agree with one possible exception; despite the QB situation Minnesota may improve his value. He would likely (eta possibly? maybe?) be able to step right into Norv's offense and produce.

Users who are viewing this thread