What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Sell Vincent Jackson now! (1 Viewer)

I don't know about you guys but he's still heading to my bench for awhile until he gets into a groove.

Having to BEG for a catch while down 56-0 isn't an ideal situation.

I'm selling low.

Might even outright drop him. If you think about it, the best way he's gonna help your team is somebody else starting him and chasing his points every week. The QB play is horrid. Sell all TB players IMHO.

Rapid Reaction: Tampa Bay Buccaneers

http://espn.go.com/blog/tampa-bay-buccaneers/post/_/id/6243/rapid-reaction-buccaneers-4

Excerpt:

Stock watch: Vincent Jackson has been one of the better wide receivers in the league in recent years, but he's off to a slow start this season. Jackson hasn't been able to get open deep and hasn't made any big plays. His hands also have been an issue. Jackson dropped a pass that would have gone for a first down. He did have a touchdown catch in the fourth quarter, but that was long after the game had been decided.

Faust said:
Rapid Reaction: Tampa Bay Buccaneers

http://espn.go.com/blog/tampa-bay-buccaneers/post/_/id/6243/rapid-reaction-buccaneers-4

Excerpt:

Stock watch: Vincent Jackson has been one of the better wide receivers in the league in recent years, but he's off to a slow start this season. Jackson hasn't been able to get open deep and hasn't made any big plays. His hands also have been an issue. Jackson dropped a pass that would have gone for a first down. He did have a touchdown catch in the fourth quarter, but that was long after the game had been decided.
I only watched the first half last night, but I saw the guy get open and then saw McCown throw the ball no where near him. It wasn't like McCown missed a little. He missed by a mile. I thought McCown was going to be a good fit there and play like he did in Chicago with two other big WR's. Man does that guy suck.

Rotoworld:

Vincent Jackson - WR - Buccaneers

FOX Sports reports Vincent Jackson suffered a "small fracture in his wrist" during last week's 56-14 loss to the Falcons, but plans to play through it.

Jackson apparently suffered the injury on the Bucs' second series, which was before either of his two catches. It's obviously far from ideal, but it shouldn't be an issue that knocks V-Jax any farther down the fantasy ranks. With Mike Glennon likely taking over for Josh McCown (thumb) in Week 4, Jackson is a boom-or-bust WR2.

Source: FOXSports.com

Sep 22 - 2:20 PM

Ok here we go guys: Jacked up wrist. Backup QB. Horrible offensive line play. Defense that can't stop nobody. Couldn't even produce in three quarters of garbage time last week.

I'm officially benching him.

That means, you guys that are being patient with him, enjoy your 40 points this week from VJax.

Jeff Tedford (their OC who has been out for health reasons) is out indefinitely. All the best for him, but this is bad news for VJax. Agreed that Glennon is an upgrade, but I'm selling, as the upside seems to be lower now.

I realize this is a different offensive system, but you might want to check the target numbers for Jackson last season with Glennon at QB before you start benching/selling.

Grahamburn said:
I realize this is a different offensive system, but you might want to check the target numbers for Jackson last season with Glennon at QB before you start benching/selling.
shhhhhhhh!

Just got VJax in a trade. Moved Andre Johnson for Rivers and VJax. Feel like VJax is going to get better. Having Glennon at QB can't be any worse, right?

Grahamburn said:
13 games, 959 yards, and 7 TDs. 130 targets including an insane 22 targets against Atlanta.

I'm starting him this week with Floyd and AJ Green on bye. Real happy to see Glennon in there over McCown that I was sure was going to be a perfect fit. Would rather see Glennon all day long at this point.

justinl said:
Jeff Tedford (their OC who has been out for health reasons) is out indefinitely. All the best for him, but this is bad news for VJax.
:confused:

Tedford belongs in college. Could the offense have looked any worse under his command?

justinl said:
Jeff Tedford (their OC who has been out for health reasons) is out indefinitely. All the best for him, but this is bad news for VJax.
:confused:

Tedford belongs in college. Could the offense have looked any worse under his command?
That may be true but Tedford never got a chance to command the offense. He has been supervising in practice but the QB coach has been doing all the play calling.

I am surprised so many people bought into McCown after 10 years of mediocrity on multiple teams. Last year's success had far more to do with Marc Trestman than Brandon Marshall and Alshon Jeffrey.

tradeable?

so, you're sayin' there's a chance???

useless for 59 minutes yet again, but the 2 tds might get a nibble on the trade block. we can only hope.

Users who are viewing this thread