What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Shane Vereen, Percy Harvin, Any injured players cut you planning on gr (1 Viewer)

Breesisdaman

Footballguy
There are a few that were cut upon their owners learning of injuries. Shane Vereen for example who will be back around week 11 and then Percy Harvin who went undrafted is hoping to return in week 7. Any other guys that were studs last year that might be "out of sight" "Out of mind" because of their injury status?

I don't like any ww options at RB. I stashed Vereen and A. Brown until something comes along. Cut players like D. Brown, D. Scott and Blount for them. I won't use those guys at the rate they are going anyway. Why not

Ditto for Blackmon

Bye weeks are coming and injuries are occuring every week. It's pretty hard to carry a Harvin or Vereen type for the upside of a playoff run when you still are trying to cobble together your best lineup. Not to mention it limits your ability to pickup the potential waiver wire pickup of the year. Unless you have really deep benches, I don't see it.

Bye weeks are coming and injuries are occuring every week. It's pretty hard to carry a Harvin or Vereen type for the upside of a playoff run when you still are trying to cobble together your best lineup. Not to mention it limits your ability to pickup the potential waiver wire pickup of the year. Unless you have really deep benches, I don't see it.
I agree. Imo blackmon >Percy. Someone dropped Blackmon for Sidney Rice today lol. I think blackmon is going to have a great season due to garbage time.

Marcus Lattimore and Jonathan Stewart have not been ruled out for the season yet. Lattimore is less a stud, more an unknown, and Stewart would need an act of God to turn his career around. But they fit the criteria of your question in that they are on most non-dynasty waiver wires.

this might sound crazy but if your in a deep deep dynasty league, is anyone rostering aaron hernandez still?

its just like having a player on IR for the year. His trial should be before next season, and if he gets off, I would think even if he is suspended he would still get a chance to be on someones team.

I am not in a dynasty league but as the 25th guy on your team, it seems like you could do worse.

this might sound crazy but if your in a deep deep dynasty league, is anyone rostering aaron hernandez still?

its just like having a player on IR for the year. His trial should be before next season, and if he gets off, I would think even if he is suspended he would still get a chance to be on someones team.

I am not in a dynasty league but as the 25th guy on your team, it seems like you could do worse.
lol, seriously?

Our league has an IR function so I have Blackmon and Harvin stashed and they aren't taking up an active roster spot. If I had Vereen I would have him in the same spot.

lol, seriously?
He apparently believes in innocence until proven guilty, despite what that means for a fantasy football team.

lol, seriously?
He apparently believes in innocence until proven guilty, despite what that means for a fantasy football team.
I've seen crazier things happen. and its not like I am saying draft him in your re-draft leagues.

Might as well have someone who super potential as the last guy on your bench who is probably never gonna play on your team anyway

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked up Harvin today to stash on my bench in a 12-team redraft. Had some fortunate breaks in the auction that led to a pretty stacked starting lineup, and hit on a lot of my backups with cheap bids as well, so I've got more depth than I need. I cut Pierre Thomas for Harvin. I'd never feel comfortable starting Pierre -- a healthy Harvin, however...

Think it largely depends on your roster construction, your team's current standings (if you're 2-0 and steamrolling people, for example) and your willingness to wait.

I also grabbed Harvin today. Barring injuries I should be able to get through bye weeks just fine. Dumped Hillman -- good riddance.

I can't believe Blackmon is being cut in many leagues. His suspension was defined prior to the season, seems pretty silly to have invested the pick in him knowing he wouldn't be around until week 5, then cut him. Not saying it hasn't, or won't happen, but it'd be a rather questionable move. I have him in all of my leagues, but if not, I'd jump on him fast were he cut. He was a target monster down the stretch last year, he really came into his own after around week 6 or 7.

I have Harvin stashed away, and thinking about grabbing crab tree after I get some wr byes out of the way as well. My draft went really well and was also able to get some great waiver picks in... so why not. Its a keep 4 offense 2defense league and why not have more options before next years draft?

I also grabbed Harvin today. Barring injuries I should be able to get through bye weeks just fine. Dumped Hillman -- good riddance.
I dumped Hillman today, too. What a bust he turned out to be. Wasn't he first on Denver's depth chart coming out of the preseason?

I don't have Harvin stashed (there's a dumb story about why not) but I had Vereen in my lineup before he got injured and there's no way I'm dropping him - my league has an IR slot, so I'm good to go.

Plucked Percy off the FA wire today, i look good until week 8 so long as I stay healthy. Would really love to see him step up week 7.

As far as Vereen, I am going to wait until week 7 or 8 depending on how my bench looks. I think any later than that he will be gone.

I dropped Vereen for Harvin. I only have space for one "fix'er up'er" and I'm not bullish on Vereen helping me this year.

I have Blackmon and Harvin because I can't resist value. There aren't too many players I feel like I've missed out on for them.

I would but I don't have much room on my bench since I've been stashing Rae Carruth. He's getting out soon, right?

I grabbed Harvin today in a 10 team league. I am weak at receiver though. I also draft Blackmon late. Someone dropped Vereen today, I thought about scooping him up too but I am not sure if I can compete with that many guys injured on my bench. I am hoping he will sit there for another 2 or 3 weeks and I can grab him then

Once I get through some bye weeks I'd like to snag a couple of these guys, but it's tough with smaller rosters. I do have Blackmon on one team. Vereen is a wildcard really. I know he rocked it out in the one game he played but he isn't a guaranteed money maker. Harvin I don't think is coming back this season. I do like Andre Brown quite a bit once he returns.

thanks for this thread - forgot about some of these guys. My league has an IR designation where you can stash anyone doubtful or out without it counting against your roster limit. The rule is if you pick someone up they have to be on your active roster at least one week. I just cut some dead weight to grab Harvin. Next week he goes on my IR, giving me room to grab Crabtree, who will also go to my IR.

Once I get through some bye weeks I'd like to snag a couple of these guys, but it's tough with smaller rosters. I do have Blackmon on one team. Vereen is a wildcard really. I know he rocked it out in the one game he played but he isn't a guaranteed money maker. Harvin I don't think is coming back this season. I do like Andre Brown quite a bit once he returns.
Really? Sounds like he will be back sooner rather than later.

harvin will be on a superbowl bound team when he returns, and in keeper leagues where he went undrafted could be one of the steals this year

I kept Harvin in a deep keeper league and am still holding onto him. Maybe he won't be help as much this season, but I want him for after that at least.

I dropped Christine Michael for Vereen in one of my redraft leagues. My other backs are Rice (dinged up), Miller, Wilson, Pierce, and Woodhead. Vereen has a wrist injury; I don't see why he can't be effective immediately upon coming back. At worst he could be my flex, but could also be my RB2 if the other backs don't pick it up.

I would but I don't have much room on my bench since I've been stashing Rae Carruth. He's getting out soon, right?
2018.. he should have some good tread on his tires still..

Im guessing vereen and harvin will have similar return dates. I know harvin says 7 but thinking worst case hes back a few weeks before fantasy playoffs. If you can only roster 1 now who would you choose? By that time amendola and gronk will be going full steam unless dola breaks again. Hawks are on a roll now with a stud rb and an amazing def. thinking harvin has more value here

As a Ridley owner, Vereen is enticing to stash on the bench. But with 5 bench spots its hard to do.

The real question is. What week do you need to grab him? 6,7,8?

If you want to have either during the playoffs grab them asap imo - this obviously doesn't apply to short bench leagues or teams decimated by injuries.

I would grab Vereen now and Harvin by week 6, if they weren't already burning holes through their respective bench slots in every league I own them both in.

Im guessing vereen and harvin will have similar return dates. I know harvin says 7 but thinking worst case hes back a few weeks before fantasy playoffs. If you can only roster 1 now who would you choose? By that time amendola and gronk will be going full steam unless dola breaks again. Hawks are on a roll now with a stud rb and an amazing def. thinking harvin has more value here
Seattle is as deep as any team in the league, and they arent weak at WR either. If they didnt believe Harvin would have a good chance of being back then, why not put him IR-to return? I think its much more likely He's back closer to week 7 than week 11.

Shhhh...Mario Manningham. He will be plugged into that #2 WR spot before Crabtree ever sees the field this year.

I started Vareen and then dropped him after W1. If I can make moves, get fortunate, I plan to try and grab him again in a few weeks.

If you want to have either during the playoffs grab them asap imo - this obviously doesn't apply to short bench leagues or teams decimated by injuries.

I would grab Vereen now and Harvin by week 6, if they weren't already burning holes through their respective bench slots in every league I own them both in.
Agreed.

I have Vereen in a pretty deep 12 teamer (where I also have Rice, CJ1K, Lacy), picked up McGahee, Snelling, Ellington this week, and never considered dropping Vereen. I may regret dropping Jeffery, but I doubt Michael or Donald Brown makes me regret those moves.

Picked up Harvin immediately after the draft in a similarly deep roster league. Got an offer the next day, and no I wont trade him for Ivory or those crap offers. My worst bench in that league is easily Thompkins or Randle, yet this week Stills, Marlon Brown, Hankerson get picked up who I value less at this point.

Either way, if your team is good enough to make the playoffs, holding onto 1 or 2 or these guys should not hurt that much.

lol, seriously?
It's not that crazy.

In a 28-roster 12-teamer, he's still rostered.

Picked up Harvin, but I honestly don't expect any production before week 9. I'm just hoping I can wait that long.

Own Harvin in all of my redraft leagues. Even those with shallow benches.

He's going to thrive in what I'm seeing from a Wilson-run offense.

Too much value to let someone else snatch him in a couple weeks. Way more valuable than other flyers on my wire.

If you can survive with him, no reason not to own him.

People carry handcuffs all the time in hopes someone ahead of them goes down.

I don't understand the difference of holding Harvin knowing he will be inserted into the lineup when he's ready. Week 7-10.

Why didn't they put him on IR?

On a side note...

I also own Vereen in one of those leagues with Harvin. I own Ridley in the same league, so I value Vereen more because of that for some reason.

I would drop him well before Harvin at this point, and may have to if injuries pop up or bye weeks issues rear their heads.

Vereen comes back pretty late, but could be playoff gold and due to it just being a hand injury, should be in great game shape.

Own Harvin in all of my redraft leagues. Even those with shallow benches.

He's going to thrive in what I'm seeing from a Wilson-run offense.

Too much value to let someone else snatch him in a couple weeks. Way more valuable than other flyers on my wire.

If you can survive with him, no reason not to own him.

People carry handcuffs all the time in hopes someone ahead of them goes down.

I don't understand the difference of holding Harvin knowing he will be inserted into the lineup when he's ready. Week 7-10.

Why didn't they put him on IR?
Agreed. A WR1 off waivers is going to help a lot of teams heading into the playoffs.

Users who are viewing this thread