What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Shane Vereen, Percy Harvin, Any injured players cut you planning on gr (1 Viewer)

Not to make this thread about me but I am looking at dropping either CJ2k or Ryan Mathews for Vereen . I was thinking Mathews because of his lack of opportunities but I am starting to lean in the Direction of CJ. He is only getting about 3 yards a carry and hardly anything in the passing game and Shonne Green will be back soon which will lower his output even more. Too bad the guys in my league dont care for trading or Id have done it. Just trying to figure who to move out to make space for Vereen before he gets scooped up.
What? Dropping CJ is foolish. Look at his schedule. You start CJ week 9-16. I can't think of 10 backs I'd rather own than him.
I'd rather have Jackson

Not to make this thread about me but I am looking at dropping either CJ2k or Ryan Mathews for Vereen . I was thinking Mathews because of his lack of opportunities but I am starting to lean in the Direction of CJ. He is only getting about 3 yards a carry and hardly anything in the passing game and Shonne Green will be back soon which will lower his output even more. Too bad the guys in my league dont care for trading or Id have done it. Just trying to figure who to move out to make space for Vereen before he gets scooped up.
What? Dropping CJ is foolish. Look at his schedule. You start CJ week 9-16. I can't think of 10 backs I'd rather own than him.
I'd rather have Jackson
I'm confused....

Pic from today at practice.

Hip looks fine.

Also from my scouting report, looks like Percy will be running a lot of short routes as seen here.
I am not saying that Harvin isn't going to be fine (or that he is). I haven't been able to find a whole lot of news on him, so it would be foolish to make any kind of educated call on that.

That being said, what about those two PICTURES tells you that Harvin's hip looks fine? They are pictures, not videos. We have no idea whether he was favoring the hip at all, limping, unable to make certain cuts, etc.

Again, I can't say whether Harvin will play this week, or whether he will be 100%, but I fail to see how those pics lead you to say "hip looks fine????"
I thought from my last sentence it was pretty obvious I was being sarcastic about my scouting abilities.
Okay, sorry- I didn't get that.

I'm holding Brown in a bunch of leagues. Just dropped Wilson for him in one where I have a Week 10 issue. I just don't see Wilson coming back this season. There's no point in risking anything in a lost season.

Got Vereen in one and think he could be great flex, but has a good chance of being inconsistent. I still think Brown (while he's healthy) is a stronger play than Vereen. Should be a solid RB2.

Harvin was drafted in all of my leagues and never dropped.

I'll pass on Crabtree and Manningham. Don't see any need in stashing a guy that I think will put up WR3 numbers.
Chris Johnson is a dud. I remember salivating over his matchup against the terrible Green Bay run D last season in the fantasy playoffs. The same defense the gave up an NFL record for QB rushing to Kaepernick two weeks later. He put up a whopping 6.1.

Johnson is a gutless back. He just is. There is no guarantee he'll do anything...ever. I'd rather roll the dice on any number of backs.

I'm holding Brown in a bunch of leagues. Just dropped Wilson for him in one where I have a Week 10 issue. I just don't see Wilson coming back this season. There's no point in risking anything in a lost season.

Got Vereen in one and think he could be great flex, but has a good chance of being inconsistent. I still think Brown (while he's healthy) is a stronger play than Vereen. Should be a solid RB2.

I'll pass on Crabtree and Manningham. Don't see any need in stashing a guy that I think will put up WR3 numbers.
Chris Johnson is a dud. I remember salivating over his matchup against the terrible Green Bay run D last season in the fantasy playoffs. The same defense the gave up an NFL record for QB rushing to Kaepernick two weeks later. He put up a whopping 6.1.

Johnson is a gutless back. He just is. There is no guarantee he'll do anything...ever. I'd rather roll the dice on any number of backs.
Adrian Peterson did the same this past week against the terrible Giants defense. I guess he's gutless as well.

Are the Seahawks secretive about their injuries, like so many other teams are?

I guess if they activate him that's got to be announced and there's no reason to activate him if he's not going to at least attempt to play because that removes a roster spot, correct?

I'm not 100% clear on these rules.

Currently have all 3 of these guys on my roster. Drafted Harvin and Vereen (Dropped Vereen and picked back up 3 weeks ago) and added Andre Brown last week in my 16 team league with short benches (9 starters and 6 bench positions) I am REALLY thin in my depth right now, but if even 1 or 2 of these guys produce, I am going to be the sure favorite for the championship. Being 7-0 right now, I am looking at the end game.

If any of these 3 are still out there in your league, they should be rostered IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:

Adrian Peterson did the same this past week against the terrible Giants defense. I guess he's gutless as well.
No but has Adrian done it over and over and over again? Way to intentionally take that in a different direction.

Sure, Vereen could come back and get very few touches, but I'm guessing that won't be the case. Even if Ridley plays well for the next few weeks & remains the #1 back, NE's offense needs playmakers. They utilized Woodhead and Kevin Faulk when they had Gronk, Hernandez, Welker, etc. Why would you expect that they won't use Vereen when they don't have all those playmakers available???
What I expect from Belichick is the unexpected. In any given week, Vereen could lay down 25 points or 2 points. Same goes for the other 3 RBs that have seen work -- Ridley, Bolden and Blount.

That's been NE's MO for years... their notion of a "lead back" changes weekly, and unpredictably at that. If Vereen was some sort of transcendent talent that was going to break that mold, wouldn't it have happened already? He's been on the team for 3 years.

Sure, Vereen could come back and get very few touches, but I'm guessing that won't be the case. Even if Ridley plays well for the next few weeks & remains the #1 back, NE's offense needs playmakers. They utilized Woodhead and Kevin Faulk when they had Gronk, Hernandez, Welker, etc. Why would you expect that they won't use Vereen when they don't have all those playmakers available???
What I expect from Belichick is the unexpected. In any given week, Vereen could lay down 25 points or 2 points. Same goes for the other 3 RBs that have seen work -- Ridley, Bolden and Blount.

That's been NE's MO for years... their notion of a "lead back" changes weekly, and unpredictably at that. If Vereen was some sort of transcendent talent that was going to break that mold, wouldn't it have happened already? He's been on the team for 3 years.
to be fair, a lot has changed in the past 3 years. they are starting 2 rookies currently and edelman with amendola having trouble even playing. they lost hernandez who was their "joker", lost welker and lost woodhead. they didnt need him to be a joker the previous 2 years

Fully aware that Vereen had his big opening game against Buffalo, and that his playoff game against HOU was last year, but the thing I like is that he is maybe the only Pat capable of a big scoring play or a big gain right now, they need that. He had big gains in the Buffalo game, the Houston game last year and the Jets game last year, when given a chance.

The Pats desperately need this, Brady needs this, so I think they immediately start giving him a chance to do that. Have to remember that if you pass and wait for his ESPN highlight to be shown after he returns and he does have a big game there will likely be little chance of getting him. I'd say wait at least two weeks after he's back before you just lump him in with the rest of the Pats RB fodder, until then be hopeful something good can happen.

I'd rather have Jackson
I'm confused....
I am not dropping Chris Johnson . Mathews maybe but not just yet he seemed to have found a groove the last two games so I am holding. I will drop someone else and Just have extra depth at RB.

As for Vereen, There was a time when people saw Reggie Bush as a change of pace guy but clearly that ship has sailed now. I dont think it will take much for Vereen to establish himself once he returns healthy because he is by far the most talented back on the Patriots roster and they need to find a way to put the ball in his hands.

I picked up Harvin 3 weeks ago and now the offers are coming in but they are all low ball. I picked up Vereen today.

I'd rather have Jackson
I'm confused....
I am not dropping Chris Johnson . Mathews maybe but not just yet he seemed to have found a groove the last two games so I am holding. I will drop someone else and Just have extra depth at RB.

As for Vereen, There was a time when people saw Reggie Bush as a change of pace guy but clearly that ship has sailed now. I dont think it will take much for Vereen to establish himself once he returns healthy because he is by far the most talented back on the Patriots roster and they need to find a way to put the ball in his hands.
It was just Buffalo, 1st game, but Vereen had 21 touches in that game; speaking of Bush that's the kind of opportunity guys like Bush and Forte get.

As Harvin and Vereen are already rostered, the only player really fitting this bill is Andre Brown. I had a roster spot to spare and picked him up this week, thinking I may miss out on him next week if week 10 is truly the week he hits the field.

I have tempered enthusiasm for this guy. It is looking more and more like David Wilson is going to miss another month. I just didn't see anything special in Hillis or Cox on MNF to make me think they will cut deeply into his opportunities. That really just leaves Brandon Jacobs....who has had a decent week or two, but can't carry the load for this team.

I can see a scenario where Brown is a solid rb2, or at least a flex with upside, for teams down the stretch this year.

What do you guys think of Burleson. What to expect from him upon his return... WR2 in Detroit would seem to be a productive spot. My sense is that he's a better pick-up than Manningham or Crabtree. Thoughts?

Was able to get vereen off the ww in both my .5 ppr leagues in the past week. Very surprised. Is everyone still optimistic about his role this year?

Users who are viewing this thread