What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Shuke's 1300 favorite songs by 1300 different artists. (3 Viewers)

990. Rita Coolidge - Higher and Higher

Going to be a lot of nostalgia in here.  While my dad had a pretty cool 60's/70's record collection, he also listened to a lot of pop in the 70's and 80's.  He would occasionally DJ weddings and other events so I heard all this stuff all the time.  And you wouldn't believe how he got most of the music he used for these gigs.  He used cassettes.  But he didn't have 1000's of cassettes that he bought, but a bunch of mix tapes.  A lot were made by borrowing from friends and using this dual tape deck.  But I also remember a lot of times where he'd have the radio on with the play/record and pause buttons down on the tape machine.  He'd hear a few notes and come running into the living room to hit the pause button.  True story.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm busy working on This Time Tomorrow as in instructed by @krista4
Maybe it will be on the list!  Nevertheless, I hereby release you and your heirs, successors, and assigns from any and all obligations to record the excellent Kinks song "This Time Tomorrow" until such time as you have recorded all 1000 of shuke's songs.

Actually this thread has gone so quickly that I had already given up on listening to everything and resigned myself to using it only to find karaoke suggestions for you!

Only a 1000 songs/artists would be real easy.

25 Doo ***

25 Reggae

25 Jazz

25 R&B

25 Soul

25 prewar blues

25 postwar blues

25 Sun Records

25 MoTown

25 rockabilly

25 Appalacian hillbillie

25 Punk

25 Rap

25 Hip Hop

25 British Rock

25 USA Rock

25 Alternative

25 Big Band

25 Chicago blues

25 Classical

25 Mexican

25 Alan Lomax recorded

25 40's Pop

25 Heavy Metal

25 Country

25 Duets

25 Canadian Artists

25 Mississippi Blues

25 Piano

25 Harmonica

25 Texas Blues

25 Jump Blues

The rest just miscellelaneous

25 prewar blues

25 postwar blues

25 Chicago blues

25 Mississippi Blues

25 Texas Blues

25 Jump Blues
The Bubba Gump of the Blues

ETA-

And don't forget-

Blue Bayou 

Don't it make my brown eyes blue

Behind blue eyes

Even cowgirls get the blues

Waymore's Blues

And let me tell you a story about the house renting blues....

Could I even name 1000 artists? Not really sure. I guess I could...

150 one hit wonder types (Believe me I’m sure of this.)  

50 country

50 blues 

50 r&b

50 21st Century top 40

100 70s 80s 90s top 40

50 Tin Pan Alley types 

100 New Wave artists 

that leaves 400 classic rock artists. 

Yeah I think so. Would be a struggle but in the end I could do it. 

990. Rita Coolidge - Higher and Higher

Going to be a lot of nostalgia in here.  While my dad had a pretty cool 60's/70's record collection, he also listened to a lot of pop in the 70's and 80's.  He would occasionally DJ weddings and other events so I heard all this stuff all the time.  And you wouldn't believe how he got most of the music he used for these gigs.  He used cassettes.  But he didn't have 1000's of cassettes that he bought, but a bunch of mix tapes.  A lot were made by borrowing from friends and using this dual tape deck.  But I also remember a lot of times where he'd have the radio on with the play/record and pause buttons down on the tape machine.  He'd hear a few notes and come running into the living room to hit the pause button.  True story.
Shuke & Rita

I was always planning on starting the countdown with a shticky song or two to break the ice.  I had one slated in this spot for years but I had to bump it out recently because I needed the room.  

As for this song, I'm almost positive someone posted it on this board.  Without remembering who, I'll just assume @McJose.

Yes the lyrics are ridiculous and her voice can be grating, but this beat is contagious and stays in my head for days after hearing it.

1000. Suburban Lawns -- Janitor

From wiki:  "Suburban Lawns were an American post-punk band formed in Long Beach, California in 1978 by CalArts students William "Vex Billingsgate" Ranson and Sue "Su Tissue" McLane. They later recruited Richard "Frankie Ennui" Whitney, Charles "Chuck Roast" Rodriguez, and John "John Gleur" McBurney."
Love this song, still in my regular rotation - since like 5th grade.

Users who are viewing this thread