What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

So a couple nights ago I told my wife she was overreacting… (1 Viewer)

I’ve always learned to keep any sensitive subjects very lighthearted, especially any commentary about her and she does the same with me. There is a subtlety to how you can make the point without being too direct and the other person comes to the conclusion on their own. Over the years, there is virtually nothing that gets us worked up ... except the one night with the hookers and blow.

I was pretty pissed at her about that.

I’m trying to think of an appropriate joke to join in, but my wife and I honestly don’t do stuff like that. There is the “I’m fine” thing, where she says it and I know it isn’t true, but I’ve learned not to pry, because then I’m part of the thing that is now not fine.

friend of mine does the zip your lips motion and turns the key as if to lock the mouth shut

goes over super

somehow they're still married. coming up on 20 years.
I occasionally tell mine to zip it, but seems to have the opposite effect

And I can never figure whether she prefers shutting her pie- or cake-hole.

But can’t live without ‘em, amiright?

Yesterday was our anniversary.  We got in a huge fight.  I told her she was being passive aggressive about the dinner she wanted, I didn't care what it was.  Not good.  Happy anniversary!  

Last edited by a moderator:
Yesterday was our anniversary.  We got in a huge fight.  I told her she was being passive aggressive about the dinner she wanted, I didn't care what it was.  Not good.  Happy anniversary!  
w: "what's for dinner"

m: "i was going to just make spaghetti"

w: "the kids wont eat that"

m: "ok"

w: "so what are you making"

m: "spaghetti"

w: "but i don't want that"

m: "ok.. kids, spaghetti sound good?"

kids: YEAH!!!

w: "why did you just undermine me like that? i told you the kids wouldn't eat spaghetti and now you're making them eat spaghetti and i don't get to eat."

m: "spaghetti's ready!"

kids: YAY!!!

My girlfriend is this tiny thing with a squeaky little Leslie Mann voice, and when she gets mad I think it's the cutest thing ever, which gets her angrier, which I find even cuter. She used to hit me in the chest when she saw me smiling at how cute she was, then she discovered that I found her chest punches GD adorable. 

She now goes silent in seething anger till I apologize, but she definitely resents not being able to holler at me. 

My girlfriend is this tiny thing with a squeaky little Leslie Mann voice, and when she gets mad I think it's the cutest thing ever, which gets her angrier, which I find even cuter. She used to hit me in the chest when she saw me smiling at how cute she was, then she discovered that I found her chest punches GD adorable. 

She now goes silent in seething anger till I apologize, but she definitely resents not being able to holler at me. 
Next time she is mad at you, she should punch ya in the nuts, and see how cute you think that is.  :boxing:

mr. furley said:
friend of mine does the zip your lips motion and turns the key as if to lock the mouth shut

goes over super

somehow they're still married. coming up on 20 years.

This post should come with a warning. 

I tried this move last night just for the hell of it.   I even gave her the "HEY" first. Then the zip it motion..... 

Hilarity DID NOT ensue 

Gordo said:
So a couple nights ago I told my wife she was overreacting…

A bit of marital advice, don’t do that.

Feel free to share your own tips and tricks.
You screwed up.

Next time pat her on the head and say in your most patronizing voice.

'Don't worry your pretty little head.'

She'll love it, lol.

Next time, when she says she’s mad, wrap a towel around her shoulders and tell her, “Now you’re Super mad.”

Results guaranteed every time.

Users who are viewing this thread