What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

So who draws Nnamdi in coverage this week? (1 Viewer)

loose circuits

Footballguy
Bowe has been pretty good against tough pass D's this year, so it is difficult to put him on the pine

I believe Bowe lines up all over the field, but I'm not so sure...

This is a good question -- does Nnamdi follow the other team's #1 all over the field, or does he stay on his side? If he tags Bowe the entire game, I'm benching Bowe.

Bowe will create separation from "Scrabble" or any other CB that covers him.

The question is can he catch the ball.

I've been rolling with Bowe for the past two weeks but every big name receiver that faces Nnamdi has failed to score over the last few weeks including Marshall, White and Smith. I may start Edwards over Bowe this week :popcorn:

This is a good question -- does Nnamdi follow the other team's #1 all over the field, or does he stay on his side? If he tags Bowe the entire game, I'm benching Bowe.
I feel like this comes up EVERY week, but I can't blame people for not seeing it I guess...haha. Asomugha does not follow WRs around from side to side making sure he stays with the "stud" on the other team. Asomugha plays on the right side of the field nearly exclusively, but he has shadowed some receivers at least for part of games this season, including the New York Jets' Brad Smith, Carolina's Steve Smith and Buffalo's Lee Evans. So, it is possible for him to shadow Bowe or Bradley, but I would think a little unlikely. He probably will just cover whomever lines up on the right side for KC (I haven't watched enough Chiefs to know who normally lines up there).

I feel like this comes up EVERY week, but I can't blame people for not seeing it I guess...haha. Asomugha does not follow WRs around from side to side making sure he stays with the "stud" on the other team. Asomugha plays on the right side of the field nearly exclusively, but he has shadowed some receivers at least for part of games this season, including the New York Jets' Brad Smith, Carolina's Steve Smith and Buffalo's Lee Evans. So, it is possible for him to shadow Bowe or Bradley, but I would think a little unlikely. He probably will just cover whomever lines up on the right side for KC (I haven't watched enough Chiefs to know who normally lines up there).
Any Chiefs fans know which side Bowe lines up on?Does Asomugha play on the defensive right side or offensive right side?

This is a great question--paging Ashcraft....

My options at this point pretty much suck, but I don't want to put Bradley out there against Asomugha...last week I watched Reggie Wayne line up on the left almost every single time and get owned by Cromartie. Bradley vs. Nnamdi would be hopeless....

Any Chiefs fans know which side Bowe lines up on?Does Asomugha play on the defensive right side or offensive right side?
I believe he plays on the defensive right/offensive left side..

This is interesting -- and not just because I own Bowe.

I heard Derrick Mason on Baltimore radio a couple of weeks ago talking about how the Ravens changed up their offense so that he wouldn't be matched against Nnamdi. Mason said he didn't like it -- he'd rather just go out there and compete -- and that he didn't have that great of game since he was doing things he was a little unfamiliar with.

Back in Week 2, Bowe had 6 catches for 90 yards vs. the Raiders. So I guess they figure some ways to get him open.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe he plays on the defensive right/offensive left side..
This is correct. Sorry for the confusion in my last post .... I should have said left side since I wrote that last sentence from KC's (i.e. the offense's) perspective. It is definitely the defensive right side and offensive left side.

Back in Week 2, Bowe had 6 catches for 90 yards vs. the Raiders. So I guess they figure some ways to get him open.
great point, didn't even think about that. Although, he didn't get in the end zone so that is discouraging...on the plus side, that was also before the Chefs got some consistency at QB and started running the spread offense

This is interesting -- and not just because I own Bowe.I heard Derrick Mason on Baltimore radio a couple of weeks ago talking about how the Ravens changed up their offense so that he wouldn't be matched against Nnamdi. Mason said he didn't like it -- he'd rather just go out there and compete -- and that he didn't have that great of game since he was doing things he was a little unfamiliar with.Back in Week 2, Bowe had 6 catches for 90 yards vs. the Raiders. So I guess they figure some ways to get him open.
That was before Pigpen too.Correction: nevermind, Pigpen did play in that game! Prob a good sign.

As a Steve Smith owner I am here to warn you. Heed the warning I am about to give to you.

You remember the part in Apocalypto where the rival tribe member came to our hero in a dream with a slice in his chest and holding his own heart and said "RUN" ?

This is that moment.

Live to fight another day.

loose circuits said:
The_Man said:
great point, didn't even think about that. Although, he didn't get in the end zone so that is discouraging...on the plus side, that was also before the Chefs got some consistency at QB and started running the spread offense
Try that same comparative analysis for Eddie Royal's two games against Oakland and you may change your mind (and the second game Royal had Marshall on the field).

Bradley hasn't practiced this week and may be limited if he plays. That will make the job a lot easier for the Raiders' secondary regardless of who lines up against Asomugha.

:rolleyes:The weekly Asmougha threads are getting annoying.Namdi stays on one side of the field and opposing OCs move their receivers around the field to avoid them being lined up on Namdi all day.

Try that same comparative analysis for Eddie Royal's two games against Oakland and you may change your mind (and the second game Royal had Marshall on the field).
I think we all remember Royal humiliating D.Hall in the 1st game. CB play has improved since he left. What's that got to do with Scrabble or Bowe?

According to KFFL. It will be Tony Gonzalez?

Raiders | Team to use Asomugha against T. Gonzalez in Week 13

Fri, 28 Nov 2008 16:31:10 -0800

The Oakland Raiders are planning to utilize CB Nnamdi Asomugha in primary coverage against Kansas City Chiefs TE Tony Gonzalez in Week 13.

I started Bowe this week. I don't know how reliable this tidbit is but it can't hurt Bowe.

According to KFFL. It will be Tony Gonzalez? Raiders | Team to use Asomugha against T. Gonzalez in Week 13Fri, 28 Nov 2008 16:31:10 -0800The Oakland Raiders are planning to utilize CB Nnamdi Asomugha in primary coverage against Kansas City Chiefs TE Tony Gonzalez in Week 13. I started Bowe this week. I don't know how reliable this tidbit is but it can't hurt Bowe.
it's actually not a bad idea considering their safety coverage. interesting...

The weekly Asmougha threads are getting annoying.
then why don't you stay out of them? I am annoyed by plenty of threads, so I just ignore them. You must have opened this for a reason??
I did. Can you guess what it was?
because you felt the need to come in here and tell us how annoyed you were?
Surprisingly accurate.I wish you would have quoted my full post because it was also to point out the conclusion we come to every week with the hope that it will stick.I find gradin's post interesting too but I'll believe that when I see it. The KFFL info seems like speculation that flies in the face of everything the Raiders have done on defense all season. Considering Oakland has two of the best cover linebackers in the league I find it unlikely that they will lock Nnamdi on Gonzo and allow Bowe and Bradley to run loose.Until we see otherwise, Nnamdi covers one side of the field.

Chaka said:
loose circuits said:
Chaka said:
loose circuits said:
Chaka said:
The weekly Asmougha threads are getting annoying.
then why don't you stay out of them? I am annoyed by plenty of threads, so I just ignore them. You must have opened this for a reason??
I did. Can you guess what it was?
because you felt the need to come in here and tell us how annoyed you were?
Surprisingly accurate.I wish you would have quoted my full post because it was also to point out the conclusion we come to every week with the hope that it will stick.I find gradin's post interesting too but I'll believe that when I see it. The KFFL info seems like speculation that flies in the face of everything the Raiders have done on defense all season. Considering Oakland has two of the best cover linebackers in the league I find it unlikely that they will lock Nnamdi on Gonzo and allow Bowe and Bradley to run loose.Until we see otherwise, Nnamdi covers one side of the field.
With Gates & Gonzo (& Sharpe before) it's been a fad that comes & goes in the AFCW to put a cover CB on those TEs. All the teams do this to each other on occasion, but not all the time. I'm betting it's coachspeak or speculation, and agree that we just don't know.

gradin123 said:
According to KFFL. It will be Tony Gonzalez? Raiders | Team to use Asomugha against T. Gonzalez in Week 13Fri, 28 Nov 2008 16:31:10 -0800The Oakland Raiders are planning to utilize CB Nnamdi Asomugha in primary coverage against Kansas City Chiefs TE Tony Gonzalez in Week 13.
Go Bears!

This will be a high scoring affair. Irregardless, Bowe is pretty much a must start every week. Before Thursday's games, he was # 4 in the league in targets. I love that they'll (hopefully) stick Asomugha on Gonzo - Bowe could be looking at 8-135-1 on 14 targets.

loose circuits said:
gradin123 said:
According to KFFL. It will be Tony Gonzalez? Raiders | Team to use Asomugha against T. Gonzalez in Week 13Fri, 28 Nov 2008 16:31:10 -0800The Oakland Raiders are planning to utilize CB Nnamdi Asomugha in primary coverage against Kansas City Chiefs TE Tony Gonzalez in Week 13. I started Bowe this week. I don't know how reliable this tidbit is but it can't hurt Bowe.
it's actually not a bad idea considering their safety coverage. interesting...
I agree this helps Bowe quite a bit. It also makes Bradley a very viable option now if he can play (he's questionable with a calf injury). Gonzalez is the best TE in fantasy right now so I'd very reluctant to bench him if I had him. That should be a great matchup.

Users who are viewing this thread