What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

So Why Exactly ... (1 Viewer)

The Patriots are starting to play with chips on their shoulders. It's so obvious they're getting tired of how much the media and fans would rather see the Colts or Eagles win. Mocking TO was a manifestation of those frustrations.
I have yet to read an article from any member of the press saying anything critical of the Patriots. Can you please link something that shows the media "wanting" someone else to win? TIA.Colin
Please.....Colin....everybody knows that fans and the Media root for the underdog and get sick of winning teams (ie the Cowboys). Many of the so-called Analysts on ESPN and NFL Network had the Colts beating the Patriots and that weak 2ndry. Had Pittsburgh beaten the Jets with authority the opinions would have been different for that Pittsburgh game. Its not anything personal against the team or its play...people just want to see different winners and will always root for the underdog.

To throw out a guess, after hearing about the guy for 2 weeks straight, it got to them a little bit.It was out of character for sure, but when you get 2 weeks of ANYTHING forced on you like the coverage of TO, anyone would become a little irratated by it.
Coverage which was well-deserved and which proved to have some merit in light of his phenominal performance. He is probably not only the best in the game at his position, but is arguably one of the best football players period. (With the potential exception of Tom Brady, I would argue he was the best football player in this year's super bowl)
LOL @ "phenomenal performance". Yes, I give him kudos for getting back on the field and being able to play, but he was clearly a step slower and had no discernible impact on the game. His stats were better than he was. His biggest gain - the 30-yarder in the 1st quarter - came when the guy covering him was picked by another WR (and they didn't score on that drive). His stats were good but I don't see the phenomenal performance you're referring to.

Okay I HAVE FIGURED IT OUTThe reason most of us that don't like NE are so offended by what they did is because they did not flap gracefully and smoothly instead they were doing this chicken type of flap bobing their heads up and down.It seems to me like this was planned. Maybe they made a joke about it during the 2 weeks before the game like"Those guys think there so good - flapping their arms like eagles - Hey they ain't no eagles - they a bunch of chickens"Go ahead try to deny it - I looked at the film - they were flapping like demented ######ed chickens - thats why its disrespectful.And to everyone that want me to defend my TO comments this is all I have to say - "JEFF GARCIA IS INSIGNIFICANT" - carry on

And to everyone that want me to defend my TO comments this is all I have to say - "JEFF GARCIA IS INSIGNIFICANT" - carry on
Thanks for clarifying your position. It is okay for one player to disrespect another player as long as you declare that the player being disrespected is insignificant. And since you have no problem with TO disrespecting somebody like Ray Lewis (unless you are going to claim Ray is also insignificant), I take it you also have no problem with a player disrespecting another significant player UNLESS the player doing the disrespecting is a Patriot.In this case, unless you can provide direct quotes from the NE players saying they were mocking T.O. personally, then I say you are using your bias to infer and deduce that the act was being disrespectful towards T.O. when in fact they were mocking Freddie Mitchell. Since Freddie is also INSIGNIFICANT, I don't see what your problem is.

And to everyone that want me to defend my TO comments this is all I have to say - "JEFF GARCIA IS INSIGNIFICANT" - carry on
Thanks for clarifying your position. It is okay for one player to disrespect another player as long as you declare that the player being disrespected is insignificant. And since you have no problem with TO disrespecting somebody like Ray Lewis (unless you are going to claim Ray is also insignificant), I take it you also have no problem with a player disrespecting another significant player UNLESS the player doing the disrespecting is a Patriot.In this case, unless you can provide direct quotes from the NE players saying they were mocking T.O. personally, then I say you are using your bias to infer and deduce that the act was being disrespectful towards T.O. when in fact they were mocking Freddie Mitchell. Since Freddie is also INSIGNIFICANT, I don't see what your problem is.
:own3d:

its obvious that the PATS were mocking the eagles as a teamTO isn't the only one that does the flap
So you agree that the Patriots were not being personally disrespectful towards T.O. or any other individual Eagle player? I've almost forgotten what your beef with the Pats are in this thread... :confused:

I believe the PATS were being disrespectful to the team as a whole as well as the fans of PhillyIf NE was ever to come to philly for a game I would applaud the fans if they showed them the same respect that NE did for the Superbowl

I believe the PATS were being disrespectful to the team as a whole as well as the fans of Philly
By imitating the flapping of their arms? Do you feel the disrespect caused by the flapping arms was greater than T.O. spiking the ball on the Star in Dallas? Or T.O. pulling a Sharpie out of his sock after scoring a td? Or T.O. mocking Ray Lewis after a td? Or Joe Horn pulling a cell phone out of the goal post? Or Randy Moss doing a fake mooning? I'll give you that the flapping imitation was pretty 'lame' and 'old', but to say it was disrespectful to the team and fans is a stretch, imo. The Philly team took this kind of baggage on when they got T.O. When T.O. mocked Ray Lewis during a game this year, I think things changed in the NFL. T.O. (and his teammates by default) now has a target on him and if he is going to talk the talk and openly mock other players then he (and his teammates) needs to be ready to be mocked in return. The funny thing here is that the only people I've seen complaining about this are people not invloved in the game. I don't think T.O. and the rest of the Eagles really cared what the Pats were doing after they scored TDs or made INTs.

I just thought you were trying to say that the Pats imitating the flapping of the arms was somehow more disrespectful than any of the stuff T.O. has pulled in his career.

If NE was ever to come to philly for a game I would applaud the fans if they showed them the same respect that NE did for the Superbowl
I think everybody would applaud the Philly fans also. I think if the only thing fans of the opposing team had to worry about in Philly has some fans imitating their td celebration everybody would be happy.

its obvious that the PATS were mocking the eagles as a teamTO isn't the only one that does the flap
So you agree that the Patriots were not being personally disrespectful towards T.O. or any other individual Eagle player? I've almost forgotten what your beef with the Pats are in this thread... :confused:
I'll go one further. The Pats were not only mocking TO and the Eagles team as a whole, they were mocking BIRDS in general. Specifically birds of prey with long wingspans, especially bald eagles, red tailed hawks, osprey and peregrine falcons. I think members of the Sierra Club should gather together, lay down in the parking lot at the Patriots practice facility and dare those disrespectful bird haters to run them over with their high-priced SUVs.

I'll go one further. The Pats were not only mocking TO and the Eagles team as a whole, they were mocking BIRDS in general. Specifically birds of prey with long wingspans, especially bald eagles, red tailed hawks, osprey and peregrine falcons. I think members of the Sierra Club should gather together, lay down in the parking lot at the Patriots practice facility and dare those disrespectful bird haters to run them over with their high-priced SUVs.
You forgot chickens. I'm still hoping Andy does the wing flap at the end of victories from here on out. :thumbup:

If NE was ever to come to philly for a game I would applaud the fans if they showed them the same respect that NE did for the Superbowl
Not to worry, it's a way of life in Philly . . .

They did it for the same reason Owens felt he had to mock the Browns by tearing down their fan's sign. They did it for the same reason that Owen's felt he had to mock the Cowboys by standing on their star. Don't get me wrong, I'm not an Owens hater. He is the 2nd best receiver in the league and I was happy he did well, but no one should be asking why players are mocking Owens. Did anyone ask why Mitchell had to mock Moss by pretending to pull up his pants and buckling them after his touchdown against the Vikings? No, and you know what, even us Vikings fans don't care. I for one would like for the players to continue thinking that football is a game and not a business. Let them dance, let them have fun!These guys are out there in the biggest game of their lives, playing their hearts out, adrenaline pumping through their veins, and your worried about them flapping their arms, come on :rotflmao: ! Sounds like your just looking for a reason to take jabs at the Pats :boxing: .

Users who are viewing this thread