What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Something that needs to be said... (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

faede

Footballguy
This board is getting worse and worse as the days go on. Gone are the days when people will disagree but still slap each other on the back. Gone are the days when everyone here really wanted to help everyone else to win their own FF championship.Every other post has people just RIPPING into others for nothing more then some opinion. You can't make one mistake in "board ettiquette" or slip up on a stat or (heaven forbid) forget about a bye without being berated by 10 different people calling you names, making you feel bad and in general behaving like stuck up jerks. We spend more time trying to beat each other up then we do listening to each other's opinions and trying to help each other out in our respective Fantasy Leagues.Maybe we should start remember what this board is about. Helping out each other to try to find the truth in the NFL and the studs in FF. Putting our collective heads together to get the leg up on our competition when we go back to our Fantasy Leagues. It's getting to the point where all I see is the regular names and faces on these boards, because no newish people could possibly have thick enough skin to deal with the overwhelming landslide of slams they will be faced with if they make one mistake and post a WDIS in the wrong forum or try to express an opinion that may not be the most well informed.Hey. I admit it. I have done it as just as much if not more then most of you. I get caught up in the heat of the argument. It's just stupid, but it happens. I don't want to sound wishy-washy. The debate of this forum is almost ALWAYS helpful. But, come on guys. I don't agree with you punks all the time, but I darn sure respect ya. But man, if I was a new guy on this forum, there'd be no way in the universe I'd have the cajones to try and stand up to the onslaught of the Shark Pool for fear of making one little mistake.I guess my point is. Can't we all lighten up a bit? Try to help the newer sharks, give em the benefit of the doubt and... <GASP> inform them of the policies and be gentle with the mistakes instead of jumping down their throat and making them the butt of jokes, driving them from our board forever?I think in the long run, it'll help everyone, including the Shark Pool Vets a ton more to keep bringing more and more people onto this board then to scare them away. I dunno. It's worth a shot isn't it???A big salute to you all (even Eagle Eye and Switz!!).FPS. I know that this is probably more suited to the "free for all" forum, but, I just feel this thread needs to be in the Shark Pool and it's something that just had to be said and viewed by it's occupants!!!!

I assume you are referring to the unfortunate poster who asked about WAS RBs this weekendHe took the lead in declaring himself a fish amongst guppies, and deserved to be called upon it. A lot of this board is built on reputation and respect, and you need to account for your words

I am dunking my cookies in milk. Sandbagger sux.
don't make me post the Isis league link here to show how I'm dominating you and your K-nnnnnniggets. :boxing: when i move up to the masters tier while you're still wallowing in the depths of the expert tier i'll make sure to write. :o \/\/n3d

I thought about what you said, but after much consideration, your member number is too big and your post count too small for your thoughts to have any merit.

I thought about what you said, but after much consideration, your member number is too big and your post count too small for your thoughts to have any merit.
:rotflmao: excellent work BNB.i can't wait for the 5 digiters to come along on the new board. it'll be christmas early.

i think a big part of the problem here is all of the cliques that have developed and have multiple inside jokes that nobody else gets creating a feeling of being an outcast and all alone.i know i don't appreciate that crap.:shortbus: :mellow:

when i move up to the masters tier while you're still wallowing in the depths of the expert tier i'll make sure to write. :o \/\/n3d
I prolly won't be in the expert tier next year either...so there!
better get on the waiting list then. 2004 is already starting to get filled up.

ahh the PC police have found the Shark Pool.lets make the Shark Pool an equal opportunity utopia where all are respected and nobody loses or wins, because we don't keep score so the kiddies won't get their feelings hurt, GASP!this entire thread smells like a Karl Marx wet dream. :hot:

To some extent I agree. There are some days in which this board looks like another board I used to frequent.I won't mention any names. (FFtoday).Oh, did I say that! I must be thinking out loud.

To the original poster, ignore idiots.
I recently made a frustrated post to this effect in the big "Edgerinna" post and was absolutely hammered by certain members, who personally insulted me, my profession, etc. It was harsh. Of course, I did call the Shark Pool "Amateurville." But honestly, that's how I feel like it's gotten. People show no respect for one another and spend more time berating fantasy players and other posters than trying to assemble thoughtful opinion and analysis.It's really too bad. :no:

I recently made a frustrated post to this effect in the big "Edgerinna" post and was absolutely hammered by certain members, who personally insulted me, my profession, etc. It was harsh. Of course, I did call the Shark Pool "Amateurville." But honestly, that's how I feel like it's gotten. People show no respect for one another and spend more time berating fantasy players and other posters than trying to assemble thoughtful opinion and analysis.It's really too bad. :no:
239/5904 = .04 :no:

A lot of this board is built on reputation and respect, and you need to account for your words
Of course we're talking about the Shark Pool here....for the FreeForAll..... just assume the opposite.... :bag:

239/5904 = .04 :no:
Night Hawks Posted: Oct 23 2003, 12:05 AM FootballguyGroup: MembersPosts: 2370Member No.: 2039Joined: 14-April 03 2370/2039=1.16 :brush:

Why do I bother? :rolleyes: I might as well go over to fftoday.(OK, it's not THAT bad.) :no:P.S. Didja need a calculator for that, BassNBrew? Honestly, I don't understand some of the mentality here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Things are very different from the old yellow board. I would say a much larger percentage of threads there were very helpful in comparison with this board. I think most people here act like they have something to prove and jump on everyone else for anything they can. It gets old after awhile :sleep: Real old.

Why do I bother? :rolleyes: I might as well go over to fftoday.(OK, it's not THAT bad.) :no:P.S. Didja need a calculator for that, BassNBrew? Honestly, I don't understand some of the mentality here.
Take a hit, Towelie. ;) The minute they smell blood, it's when they attack.Childish, perhaps. But oh well. Just take it for what it is and it's just people trying to entertain others while occasionally throwing in an interesting tidbit that is actually pretty useful.Take BassNBrew. Solid contributor, but every now and then--and especially on a Wednesday night--even he has to be entertained.When people take it as all in good fun, they tend to back off. Otherwise, they'll pounce, but only for a little bit.It's all good and just a part of being a part of an online community. :nerd: <-----How I feel right now. :bag:

I think drugs and alcohol contribute a lot to some of the brash posts.There are some very level headed and informative posts in This forum, and there are also some that are not. The same can be said about life.However I agree with the original post basically. We don't need board police, That is the moderators job. If you see something you don't like, Ignore it and move on. If you feel like trashing someone, Trash yourself for all the mistakes you make in your life and try to become a better person.Everyone makes mistakes ( except me ) Just kidding.Life is short, Enjoy it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Spongebob

Why don't they create a Guppy pool for newbies? You could always ban those that don't play by the guppy rules.

This board is getting worse and worse as the days go on.

I have done it as just as much if not more then most of you. I get caught up in the heat of the argument. It's just stupid, but it happens.
I always operate on the idea that I dish it and I can take it.So for me it's very simple: If you can't take it, don't dish it out.

Have fun, good luck, hope ya win, see ya later.

It's all good and just a part of being a part of an online community.
Exactly. If it helps, try to think of it this way:Football is not important (some of you may need to sit down).Fantasy football is even less important. (Don't look)Chatting about fantasy football . . . (ok, some are starting to cry so I'll stop there) :cool:

I can't remember - are sharks nice to other fish?Point taken, and I agree that we should try, as Joe says, to "be kind to one another."But, then there's BnB and 'bagger - all bets are off when they post. :P 'baggerPosts: 3905Member No.: 5856.67BnBPosts: 2204Member No.: 4055.44MePosts: 2518Member No.: 14151.78(still can't figure out how my number is 1415 when I signed up the same day as those guys)

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: BNB = Spokesman of the 3 digit club :thumbup:

Eh, there's a fine line between witty banter and being a jerk*. Some posters (as in any community) are just dumber and/or more socially maladjusted than others. They can't really be held accountable for their actions. We deal. When things turn ugly, the enlightened shark plugs his thumb up his #### and moves on.(* - Edit: Can't even say D-bag? Bah.)

I assume you are referring to the unfortunate poster who asked about WAS RBs this weekendHe took the lead in declaring himself a fish amongst guppies, and deserved to be called upon it. A lot of this board is built on reputation and respect, and you need to account for your words
RIP Stingdiddy

This board is getting worse and worse as the days go on.

I have done it as just as much if not more then most of you. I get caught up in the heat of the argument. It's just stupid, but it happens.
I always operate on the idea that I dish it and I can take it.So for me it's very simple: If you can't take it, don't dish it out.

Have fun, good luck, hope ya win, see ya later.
Without a doubt, this is the worst post ever.Can you explain the use of the word "ya"? Is it now too difficult to spell out "you"? I hope you did something valuable with the time you saved clicking on that extra letter. I'll save the same amount of time here by calling you an idio

----

Aside from Norville's post, I use the Shark Pool as a news source during the season, but not for extended discussion, because there's too many people here who are coming for the first time (no experience with message board culture), or are coming from other boards (experienced with a different message board culture), or who are here all the time and feel like they're some kind of star on this board.

If you see a post where someone's being a jerk, click on the Report This Post button, and say something to the mods. They definitely have a vested interest in keeping the board culture friendly. Your report is anonymous, and, with your help, the mods will be able to enforce the kind of board culture that we all want.

I agree with Faede. I love the board, and read the threads much more than I write in them, but I agree that the attitude of the people on the board has changed.I can dish it, I can take it, I have thick skin and it is easy enough to tell when people are joking, BUT some people do leave themselves open for blatant mockery and unfortunately there will always be "that guy" who pisses himself to make sure he is one up in the pecking order.

That be him... Because on Tuesday I didnt know Canidate was injured... and that Betts will set the world on fire and that my opinion of Betts and Canidate as poor backs didn't sit well with him. I was a little boy in a big mans world...Meanwhile Betts Played horribly and then got injured. At least the guy had the stones to come back and eat hat. I agree with the poster. There are alot of personal smacks that are quite ridiculous... I happened to stoop to that level also in defense. I wont anymore, I will let the posters immature reactions speak for themselves.

I think its funny how people get all worked up over a fantasy football message board. This hobby is supposed to be fun. People who bust chops do it because its fun, not because they hate people deep down. I think people need to ask themselves why they come here. I use it to get late breaking news on injuries or find important info early. I also browse once in a while to get a few laughs. Some people have different ideas on what they want out of this board, and everyone should respect that. I am not into the sig/avatar bet thing, but if other people enjoy it, so be it. I am not into bashing guppies, but other people enjoy it, so be it.Some of you treat it like its the workplace, complaining that you don't like the atmosphere, things aren't fair, ect. Its a freaking fantasy football message board.

I think drugs and alcohol contribute a lot to some of the brash posts.There are some very level headed and informative posts in This forum, and there are also some that are not. The same can be said about life.However I agree with the original post basically. We don't need board police, That is the moderators job. If you see something you don't like, Ignore it and move on. If you feel like trashing someone, Trash yourself for all the mistakes you make in your life and try to become a better person.Everyone makes mistakes ( except me ) Just kidding.Life is short, Enjoy it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Spongebob
124/7704=.016 :o Not even sponge worthy. The shame in even reading Spongebob's post. Then then the matter of that name. Spongebob...who's going to take that seriously. Try a name that exhibits confidence like say maybe....Bass N' Brew.Before anyone goes postal, part of the reason this is such a good board is the mix of solid information, humor, and the fact that people will call people out on their statements. I personally don't see anything wrong with the current state of affairs. Yeah, maybe some are a little harsh (me included at times), but just turn a cheek and move on. Keep in mind that with the number of contributors around here, solid posts quickly get pushed off the first page and the contoversial ones stay at the top. A quick scan of page 2 and 3 will sometimes yield solid info. Also for you newbies, stick around in the off season and you will be amazed at the quality of the posts.

Lighten up Francis. Most of the time when people are talking smack at each other on the boards it is in good humor. As for the occassional jerk comment, ignore it and move on with your day. This board is a great spurce of information and forum for (often) intelligent discussion of football. That being said, it's still little letters on a screen and if someone is annoying you, move on to the next bunch of lines and dots. :thumbup: Don't mean to bash at all, I like your point that we should all be excellent to each other :thumbup:

I can't remember - are sharks nice to other fish?Point taken, and I agree that we should try, as Joe says, to "be kind to one another."But, then there's BnB and 'bagger - all bets are off when they post. :P 'baggerPosts: 3905Member No.: 5856.67BnBPosts: 2204Member No.: 4055.44MePosts: 2518Member No.: 14151.78(still can't figure out how my number is 1415 when I signed up the same day as those guys)
Come on, get with the program, we are supposed to be "excellent" to each other.I would say that your member number is so high because your lack of wisdom, but that wouldn't be the "excellent" thing to do. That and the fact that you kicked my behind in Survivor.

'baggerPosts: 3905Member No.: 5856.67BnBPosts: 2204Member No.: 4055.44MePosts: 2518Member No.: 14151.78(still can't figure out how my number is 1415 when I signed up the same day as those guys)
He he I joined same dayMePosts: 695Member No.: 11041.59What's it all mean?

Can you explain the use of the word "ya"? Is it now too difficult to spell out "you"? I hope you did something valuable with the time you saved clicking on that extra letter. I'll save the same amount of time here by calling you an idio
Oh brother - everyone has to be a comedian. :rolleyes: That was kinda funny, but so what if he used the slang term "ya"? I think BostonFred is still reeling from his disappointing loss in the ALCS. It's now affecting his persona. Not to start an argument, but Boston natives, of all people, shouldn't be complaining about how others talk or type. Don't get me stahted about how people from Bahston talk. :lol: Should I be repremanded for using the word "kinda"? Or what about if I said, "Today I was gonna wear my red socks, but I didn't want to see people crying".

- Touche :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread