What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Sort the Following RBs (1 Viewer)

Bob Magaw

Footballguy
2003... jax, KJ, JJ, bell2004... brown, cadillac, benson2005... bush, williams, white, maroney* might be instructive to see how current bumper crop stacks up against other recent RB draft classes...bushcadillacbrown whitewilliamsKJbensonJJmaroneybell

Last edited by a moderator:
Bush maybe the next faulk but still some doubtCaddy D.Williams I think Williams will be solid much like CaddyBrown But Ricky is holding him back. Just heard Mort talking about Ricky being the starter for the Dolphins according to Saban in 06SJaxKJWhite Jackson and KJ have no compitition. KJ has been soft though. I rank White here based on him being in a similar situation. He would drop if he is not though.Domanic DavisBensonJJBellMaroney all of these Rbs are sharing time Maroney may end up in similar situation.I base these tiers mainly on talent however opportunity is important also and sometimes reflects talent when that player cannot beat a incubant out for thier job.ETA DD who seems to be annualy talked about as needing replacement by the Texans. I thought with the long contract that was over.. but then the injuries and Bush talk then more recently the trade to the Vikings rumours.

:blackdot: I assume you want all these prior to each draft?CaddyLWhite (the more I think about this guy the more I like him, let's see what he brings to the combine)BushBrownSJaxKJDWilliamsMaroneyBensonJJ (I really wasn't high on this guy till I saw him with the Cowboys)Bell

2003... jax, KJ, JJ, bell

2004... brown, cadillac, benson

2005... bush, williams, white, maroney

* might be instructive to see how current bumper crop stacks up against other recent RB draft classes...

bush

cadillac

brown

white

williams

KJ

benson

JJ

maroney

bell
Bush above Caddy is wrong. What about S.Jax?

:blackdot:

I assume you want all these prior to each draft?

Caddy

LWhite (the more I think about this guy the more I like him, let's see what he brings to the combine)

Bush

Brown

SJax

KJ

DWilliams

Maroney

Benson

JJ (I really wasn't high on this guy till I saw him with the Cowboys)

Bell
good question... i knew this would come up... lets say that you can factor in what we now know about BOTH ability & opportunity for the past year in case of 2005 class & two seasons in that of 2004 class...& yes i intended to incude s-jax... i thought of davis, but misremembered, thinking he was in class of '03...

i might put jax in tier by himself between williams & KJ... davis between KJ & benson... higher if he wasn't hurt so often...

* might be instructive to see how current bumper crop stacks up against other recent RB draft classes...

bush

cadillac

brown

white

williams

KJ

benson

JJ

maroney

bell
Caddy in TBJax w/out Martz

White in GB

Williams in NYJ

Benson without Jones

J Jones

Bush in HOU

KJ in DET

Bell in DEN unless Anderson leavies

Brown in MIA unless Williams leaves

Maroney in INDY

Arrington in ARI

Tom

good question... i knew this would come up... lets say that you can factor in what we now know about BOTH ability & opportunity for the past year in case of 2005 class & two seasons in that of 3004 class...
I don't see the value in doing that. I think it's better to compare them as prospects, pre-draft, so you have an apples to apples comparison.

good question... i knew this would come up... lets say that you can factor in what we now know about BOTH ability & opportunity for the past year in case of 2005 class & two seasons in that of 3004 class...
I don't see the value in doing that. I think it's better to compare them as prospects, pre-draft, so you have an apples to apples comparison.
i was thinking if you held a high pick this year... or were thinking about acquiring one... and were trying to determine the relative value of a deangelo williams or lendale white to other RBs in the classes of 2004 & 2005... it would make sense to avail yourself of the knowledge we have learned about the veteran RBs, & incorporate that into our decision making.at least as important as how we thought RBs like KJ & benson would do based on scouts prior to their respective drafts... is what they actually did since then... benson had an excuse with thomas in front of him... in KJs case, we have to reconcile the brilliant second half of 2004 with the pedestrian 2005.

C Williams - Stud just needs blocking and continued learning of passing game.D Williams - Looks like a definate stud so long as the opportunity comes.Jackson - Knee problems his size concern me but otherwise definate stud.Bush - Solid even if he doesnt play every down. A stud if he does.Benson - Definately solid and possibly a stud. Still awaiting the opportunity.Brown - Another solid back who might be a stud. Bigger opportunity not far away.J Jones - Solid back who was underdrafted.K Jones - Solid as long as he's in the right type of system.*Perry - Solid with health and opportunity.White - Likely going to be solid.Maroney - Might be solid and might end up in the best situation of anyone.Bell - Can be solid even with limited opportunity.Note: Rankings not based on NFL team or upcoming season. Rather their skills and ability to handle a heavy NFL workload.

CadillacDWilliamsBushSJaxBensonWhiteMaroneyJJKJBrownBell

Last edited:
C Williams - Stud just needs blocking and continued learning of passing game.

D Williams - Looks like a definate stud so long as the opportunity comes.

Jackson - Knee problems his size concern me but otherwise definate stud.

Bush - Solid even if he doesnt play every down. A stud if he does.

Benson - Definately solid and possibly a stud. Still awaiting the opportunity.

Brown - Another solid back who might be a stud. Bigger opportunity not far away.

J Jones - Solid back who was underdrafted.

K Jones - Solid as long as he's in the right type of system.

*Perry - Solid with health and opportunity.

White - Likely going to be solid.

Maroney - Might be solid and might end up in the best situation of anyone.

Bell - Can be solid even with limited opportunity.

Note: Rankings not based on NFL team or upcoming season. Rather their skills and ability to handle a heavy NFL workload.
Pretty much agree with this. I think Perry and Benson are wildcards here. If Rudi or Thomas Jones go down with injuries, they may not see their starting jobs again.

i just bumped this thread http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index...ic=151068&st=50 for reference......see if we can get these grades for the 2006 class

I've got both the 2004 and 2005 draft guides here, and here is how the top-10 at each position both years stacks up. 2005 rooks in bold:QBOverall grade 2004 BOverall grade 2005 C8.9 Ben Roethlisberger, Miami OH8.8 Eli Manning, Mississippi8.8 Aaron Rodgers, Cal8.6 Alex Smith, Utah8.4 Philip Rivers, NC St8.0 J.P. Losman, Tulane7.9 Charlie Frye, Akron7.8 Andrew Walter, Arizona St7.4 Jason Campbell, Auburn6.8 Dan Orlovsky, Connecticut6.8 Matt Schaub, Virginia6.7 Derek Anderson, Oregon St6.4 Kyle Orton, Purdue6.1 John Navarre, Michigan5.9 David Greene, Georgia5.7 Josh Harris, Bowling Green5.4 Walter Washington, Temple5.2 Cody Pickett, Washington4.9 Matt Mauck, LSU4.6 Ryan Dinwiddie, Boise StRBOverall grade 2004 BOverall grade 2005 A-8.8 Cedric Benson, Texas8.7 Ronnie Brown, Auburn8.6 Carnell Williams, Auburn8.5 Steven Jackson, Oregon St8.3 Kevin Jones, Virginia Tech8.1 Ciatrick Fason, Florida8.0 Chris Perry, Michigan7.9 Verand Morency, Oklahoma St7.7 Maurice Clarett, Ohio St (2004 ranking)7.6 Greg Jones, Florida St7.1 Eric Shelton, Louisville7.0 T.A. McClendon, NC St6.9 Cedric Cobbs, Arkansas6.9 Julius Jones, Notre Dame6.6 Walter Reyes, Syracuse6.5 Anthony Davis, Wisconsin6.4 Quincy Wilson, W Virginia (says 3.4, but I'm assuming that's a typo)6.2 Marion Barber, Minnesota6.1 Michael Turner, N Illinois5.9 Tatum Bell, Oklahoma StWROverall grade 2004 AOverall grade 2005 B+8.9 Mike Williams, USC (2004 rating)8.9 Larry Fitzgerald, Pittsburgh8.7 Braylon Edwards, Michigan8.7 Roy Williams, Texas8.6 Mike Williams, USC (2005 rating)8.5 Troy Williamson, S Carolina8.4 Reggie Williams, Washington8.4 Michael Clayton, LSU8.2 Mark Clayton, Oklahoma8.1 Lee Evans, Wisconsin7.9 Chris Henry, W Virginia7.9 Michael Jenkins, Ohio St7.6 Devery Henderson, LSU7.5 Roddy White, UAB7.4 Fred Gibson, Georgia7.2 Bernard Berrien, Fresno St7.2 Craphonso Thorpe, Florida St.7.1 Terrence Murphy, Texas A&M7.0 Reggie Brown, GeorgiaTEOverall grade 2004 C+Overall grade 2005 C8.7 Kellen Winslow, Miami8.5 Heath Miler, Virginia8.3 Ben Troupe, Florida7.8 Ben Watson, Georgia7.6 Alex Smith, Stanford6.6 Ben Utecht, Minnesota6.5 Kevin Everett, Miami6.2 Garrett Cross, Cal6.1 Jason Peters, Arkansas5.9 Joel Dreessen, Colorado St5.7 Steve Fleming, Arizona5.7 Ben Hartsock, Ohio St5.5 Chris Cooley, Utah St5.4 Adam Bergen, Lehigh5.2 Ronnie Ghent, Louisville5.1 David Kashetta, Boston College4.8 Alex Holmes, USC4.8 Sean Ryan, Boston College4.4 Eric Knott, Michigan St4.4 Keith Willis, Virginia TechHere is what the numerical grades mean:9.0 - 8.0 = Franchise player.7.9 - 7.0 = Potential Pro Bowl player.6.9 - 6.0 = Could start as a rookie.5.9 - 5.0 = Eventual starter.4.9 - 4.0 = Quality backup.3.9 - 3.0 = Chance to make roster.2.9 - 2.0 = Not likely to make roster.1.9 - 1.0 = Free agent possibility.

BushCadillac

DeAngelo Williams

Brown

Jax

KJ

Maroney

JJ

Benson

White

Bell