What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

STAR WARS: Episode 7 (All-Time #1 opening box office.) (1 Viewer)

So there's a battle above Jakku and a Star Destroyer crashes with some important cargo.

Rey finds it. Rey finds Finn.

Kylo Ren looks for the cargo and burns Rey's village to get to it. Then Rey and Finn find Han....

Hate her accent, I dont usually mind the English accent but for some reason hers is not appealing at all.

So there's a battle above Jakku and a Star Destroyer crashes with some important cargo.

Kylo Ren looks for the cargo and burns Rey's village to get to it. Then Rey and Finn find Han....
These names read like something from Tanner's 8th grade class of new students.

I wonder what the deal is with that. The crashed Star Destroyer has been there a while...

Kylo Ren looks for the cargo and burns Rey's village to get to it. Then Rey and Finn find Han...

Should probably throw some spoilers around that post, that's most likely what happens after the crawl. (No battle over Jakku though, that happened soon after Endor.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Kylo Ren looks for the cargo and burns Rey's village to get to it. Then Rey and Finn find Han...

Should probably throw some spoilers around that post, that's most likely what happens after the crawl. (No battle over Jakku though, that happened soon after Endor.)
I don't think spoilers are needed. Anyone who is reading this thread has seen the trailers and the beginning of the story is pretty well laid out. JJ has been very good about giving nothing else away.

Cool NR, wasn't sure if people wanted to know that much, and didn't realize it's been discussed in detail.

How and when does Poe figure into the story? Is he searching for it too?

I noticed one more small item in the Japan trailer

It does not appear that there will be much time between Rey and Finn meeting and them going to Han as they are telling each other their names on the Falcon it looks like

Last edited by a moderator:
At first I laughed but that Jar Jar theory actually makes sense. It makes sense that Lucas had something way bigger in mind for him and got scared by the backlash the character created.
I think that's giving Lucas too much credit. Everything in Episode I is pointless. You can skip it totally and miss nothing.
This.

I like the Jar Jar thing, and I'll never be able to unsee the Jedi Mind Trick every time he's trying to persuade somebody of something, but the bottom line is that George Lucas just isn't bright enough or competent enough to pull something like this off. Cool interpretation, but purely accidental.

Yes the guy was only bright enough to establish an entire universe that tens of millions enjoy, but he couldn't further a plot line for a character created. Makes sense.

I love the "Lucas is an idiot" storyline as we're all panting in anticipation to the next line in the story he created.

Yes the guy was only bright enough to establish an entire universe that tens of millions enjoy, but he couldn't further a plot line for a character created. Makes sense.

I love the "Lucas is an idiot" storyline as we're all panting in anticipation to the next line in the story he created.
He was bright enough to come up with a great idea, which he then proceeded to mangle. E4 was great, and E5 (which, he didn't direct) was even better. Every movie since then has been mediocre. Given the plot of E3, the fact that it barely achieved mediocrity is a massive indictment of Lucas -- that was fantastic source material that he practically had to go out of his way to botch.

Sorry, but the critique that Lucas is more about selling toys than making good movies is spot-on. Hopefully the new trilogy will be different.

He was bright enough to come up with a great idea, which he then proceeded to mangle. E4 was great, and E5 (which, he didn't direct) was even better. Every movie since then has been mediocre. Given the plot of E3, the fact that it barely achieved mediocrity is a massive indictment of Lucas -- that was fantastic source material that he practically had to go out of his way to botch.

Sorry, but the critique that Lucas is more about selling toys than making good movies is spot-on. Hopefully the new trilogy will be different.
I don't think Lucas in an idiot at all. His priorities were always about making money first and foremost not about making the best movie he could.

He has justified this numerous times publicly by saying while the hard core fans may have loved Empire, it was the worst draw for all his movies.

So he prioritized money first which gave us the Teddy bears, the Pod race and other items many don't care for.

Lucas has also been very verbal that he always wanted these to be kiddie movies first.

My 10 year old son asked me today how much money I thought this movie would make. I told him it wouldn't surprise me if it went past $2 billion. This thing is gonna be huge.

I have tickets for opening night for all of us :pickle:

My 10 year old son asked me today how much money I thought this movie would make. I told him it wouldn't surprise me if it went past $2 billion. This thing is gonna be huge.

I have tickets for opening night for all of us :pickle:
Yeah, the only scenario I can come up with where this doesn't break all movie records involves some sort of natural disaster or global-scale act of terrorism happening the same weekend of opening day...an extinction scale meteor strike or something like that.

He took a spaghetti western and set it in space. He never thought there would be another movie. Let's go easy on genius proclamations.

He took a spaghetti western and set it in space. He never thought there would be another movie. Let's go easy on genius proclamations.
Yea that's all he did

Jesus Christ this is going to be good. And it's going to shatter pretty much every movie record ever.

:geekboner:

NewlyRetired said:
IvanKaramazov said:
Capella said:

I don't think Lucas in an idiot at all. His priorities were always about making money first and foremost not about making the best movie he could.

He has justified this numerous times publicly by saying while the hard core fans may have loved Empire, it was the worst draw for all his movies.

So he prioritized money first which gave us the Teddy bears, the Pod race and other items many don't care for.

Lucas has also been very verbal that he always wanted these to be kiddie movies first.
So we agree?

Billy Bats said:
I will fulfill our destiny, nothing will stand in our way, I will finish what you started.

What's this dude thinking?
They are throwing so many clues to Luke being Kylo Ren that its got to be a red herring right? Like Communism?

NewlyRetired said:
IvanKaramazov said:
Capella said:

So we agree?
I don't know. If you think Lucas is an idiot, we don't agree on that part. Everything else you wrote I agree with.

Billy Bats said:
I will fulfill our destiny, nothing will stand in our way, I will finish what you started.

What's this dude thinking?
They are throwing so many clues to Luke being Kylo Ren that its got to be a red herring right? Like Communism?
The light saber has convinced me. Seeing the Japanese trailer, that saber is way too unstable. Even Sith can make a light saber stable. Luke made his own in Ep6. This seems like a delusional Vader fan taking part of his message the wrong way.

Users who are viewing this thread