What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Steelers WR Quincy Morgan out for year (1 Viewer)

Godsbrother

Footballguy
Just heard that the Steelers have placed WR Quincy Morgan on IR. MOrgan broke his fibula last week and will be replaced by former Steeler WR Lee Mays. The only other significant injury is linebacker James Harrison who has a high ankle sprain.

Doesn't do much to the Steelers offensively, but Morgan was a pretty good return man. I'm sure Ike will do a good job, but there's risk sticking your starting CB out there to return kicks.Without Harrison, the Steelers are 1 LB injury away from having Andre Frazier getting a lot of playing time. That worries me too.

Cowher dodged the question of whether this would put Heath Miller in their 4 WR sets. I'd sure rather see him on the field than Lee Mays or Sean Morey.

Cowher dodged the question of whether this would put Heath Miller in their 4 WR sets. I'd sure rather see him on the field than Lee Mays or Sean Morey.
That should be a no-brainer, but I have a feeling we'll see one of them (Mays/Morey) on the field in 4 wide sets. :(

:( A Lee Mays sighting was not the way I wanted to begin this week. Harrison is quite the special teamer, too -- he will be missed on kick coverage.

:( A Lee Mays sighting was not the way I wanted to begin this week. Harrison is quite the special teamer, too -- he will be missed on kick coverage.
Both of these injuries have an immediate impact on the Steelers special teams, which has been playing pretty well lately. Harrison also plays quite a bit on defense.As far as Lee Mays goes I am not so sure that he will see much playing time. It is not yet clear whether they'll use Miller, Morrey, Mays or even Nate Washington on 4 WR sets.

Where's ACP? The name Lee Mays is like his "bat signal" to start making fun........ Bad news here - not so much because of "Drops" Morgan, but Harrison is a key special teams guy (as noted) and one of the few backups at any position who can take over for a Pro Bowler with no appreciable drop in effectiveness (and I'm being KIND to Porter here) That really blows dogs for quarters, man.

Users who are viewing this thread