What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (12 Viewers)

Damn, getting my balls squeezed today.
Yea I was gone all day. What was that about.

Just a bad day to own stonks.
Certain stocks. Russell 2000 was up 2% today.

About time to see small caps catch a bid, really been underperforming. Maybe a little rotation beginning?

Energy was great today as well, XLE up 2.6% and OIH up 3%.
A rotation is the most bullish thing that can happen in this market right now.

GME earnings day! Let's go!

CEO fired, earnings coming up.
Down a bunch. They aren’t hemorrhaging cash as much but missing revenue numbers by 10% is pretty bad and the only reason their earnings weren’t horrible is all the cost cutting. They got their cash horde during the meme craziness but business wise, they are just slowly leaking and with all the cost cutting there’s no innovation and they don’t really own anything unique so zero moat/competitive advantage.

I don’t see GME (or AMC) as good long term investments. Last quarter was positive earnings, but again not due to increased revenue/growth, just cutting to the bone. It only lasted 1 quarter.

Agreed, anyone still holding should sell while they still have something of value worth selling.
The greatest exchange of wealth in our lifetime. Guess not.

Down a bunch. They aren’t hemorrhaging cash as much but missing revenue numbers by 10% is pretty bad and the only reason their earnings weren’t horrible is all the cost cutting. They got their cash horde during the meme craziness but business wise, they are just slowly leaking and with all the cost cutting there’s no innovation and they don’t really own anything unique so zero moat/competitive advantage.

I don’t see GME (or AMC) as good long term investments. Last quarter was positive earnings, but again not due to increased revenue/growth, just cutting to the bone. It only lasted 1 quarter.

Agreed, anyone still holding should sell while they still have something of value worth selling.
For most people, no. It’s still at $80 pre-split so it’s not like BBBY but most of these believers weren’t in the stock before the run up. Remember the recommendations to buy more when it was at $250? It’s got plenty more downside as fundamentally overvalued compared to a retailer like Best Buy and that’s without considering it’s decreasing in revenue not in revenue. It’s just got a base of people willing to buy dips.

They’ve tried a lot of tricks but nothing has worked and it’s been two years and it’s back to brick and mortar with lots of cost cutting and slowly losing revenue/chipping away at cash pile.

For most people, no. It’s still at $80 pre-split so it’s not like BBBY but most of these believers weren’t in the stock before the run up. Remember the recommendations to buy more when it was at $250? It’s got plenty more downside as fundamentally overvalued compared to a retailer like Best Buy and that’s without considering it’s decreasing in revenue not in revenue. It’s just got a base of people willing to buy dips.

They’ve tried a lot of tricks but nothing has worked and it’s been two years and it’s back to brick and mortar with lots of cost cutting and slowly losing revenue/chipping away at cash pile.
Gamma squeeze!!!!!!

Still?!?!?

Still?!?!?
Anyone who bought the post-earnings dip is up 20% in 3 days...

Still?!?!?
Long term = downtrend. Short term = WTF knows 😜.

It feels like a good time to buy some puts. QQQ 350, let's go!
Dang, I tried to cancel my order because I saw how the price was moving and figured there would be a better entry point as QQQ breaks out for a new high but most of the order had already filled so I'm in it. 50/50 I figure. But if it goes down, should be more than a 100% return...I hope.

Still?!?!?
Cohen with a big insider buy...it's getting fun again...

Still?!?!?
He’s not dumb. When it’s not going well (bad earnings report, no future plan), he knows to make a purchase. He did the same last year. He owns about $900M now, so it’s a 1.1% addition to his stake to get a 10% gain on his entire stake. It’s almost comical how it is mentioned as if it’s a huge investment when he owns so much more. He knows it will bring more of his followers out to buy.

I’ll be interested to see when he pulls the rug out like he did with BBBY. There’s a much bigger cash pile so it can last a while but he’s going to want his gains as the end game. Business wise, there’s been no improvement at all.

Still?!?!?
He’s not dumb. When it’s not going well (bad earnings report, no future plan), he knows to make a purchase. He did the same last year. He owns about $900M now, so it’s a 1.1% addition to his stake to get a 10% gain on his entire stake. It’s almost comical how it is mentioned as if it’s a huge investment when he owns so much more. He knows it will bring more of his followers out to buy.

I’ll be interested to see when he pulls the rug out like he did with BBBY. There’s a much bigger cash pile so it can last a while but he’s going to want his gains as the end game. Business wise, there’s been no improvement at all.
I just don't understand why this business exists. It's like a Blockbuster video. Gimmicks are all they have. I fully expect them to start hammering AI like they did NFTs when they were hot.

Still?!?!?

It certainly has a feeling of going back to the meme well. I picked up some shares that I hope to sell at 30. It's a pure public momentum play, but the meme chatter is enough for me to take a small shot.

Still?!?!?

It certainly has a feeling of going back to the meme well. I picked up some shares that I hope to sell at 30. It's a pure public momentum play, but the meme chatter is enough for me to take a small shot.
There’s a reason why, even though I don’t believe in the stock at all, I’d never short it. I don’t short anyway but it’s stuff like this where he can post a picture of a penguin boinking a frog eating ice cream or increase his stake by 1% and the stock can fly. The ownership is irrational so they don’t care that the company are slowly bleeding money and business is getting worse with nothing new. You can’t fight it rationally, you just watch and see what happens. I wonder how much of these runs is retail anyway.

Still?!?!?

I just don't understand why this business exists. It's like a Blockbuster video. Gimmicks are all they have. I fully expect them to start hammering AI like they did NFTs when they were hot.
I've actually used Gamestop a few times in the last year, usually because they had the best discounts/pricing.

Investing in this stock is just putting the Greater Fool theory into practice.

What is Knife River Corp and why do I own it?

(I'm sure it was a recommendation from here).
Did you own MDU? I don’t recall ever hearing about either one but Knife River was a recent spin off so that’s likely why it appeared.
Yuip, that's it.

Speaking of "K", thanks for the heads up on Kinsdale. Up 92%. It's now close to 3% of my wieghting. Should I be thinning here or is this a hold.

What is Knife River Corp and why do I own it?

(I'm sure it was a recommendation from here).
Did you own MDU? I don’t recall ever hearing about either one but Knife River was a recent spin off so that’s likely why it appeared.
Yuip, that's it.

Speaking of "K", thanks for the heads up on Kinsdale. Up 92%. It's now close to 3% of my wieghting. Should I be thinning here or is this a hold.
I bought that and INSP back in June or July of 2020 and don’t have plans to sell either one. Up 200% on INSP and 100-110% on KNSL. Have a couple similar ones in SWAV and SEDG that I bought in 2019 (up 430% and 190%). Those four don’t move in lock step with the market but they continue to report well. They are not heavily followed. All of them were sub $5B market caps when I bought them. Haven’t thought about selling any of them.

Just to add, all 4 are top 10 holdings.

Last edited:
Rates unchanged. See what happens.
Very quickly red lol. Isn’t that what everybody expected?
Guess they projected more hikes. God I hate when Powell speaks.
He hasn’t spoken yet. That’s in a couple minutes.

My prediction is markets reverse when he answers a question in a way that can be interpreted as saying projected hikes may not happen if data dictates it.
:thumbup:

Sofi doubled in the last month. Anything to see here? I kinda gave up on SPACs after ME, ATIP, and RKLB all cratered.

It's only run up 110% this year because I tax loss harvested it on 12/30. :kicksrock:

I tax loss harvested so much stuff at the literal bottom :kicksrock:

SOFI is the only one that really hurt. The rest of the TLH I did in December were ETFs/MFs that I sold and then I bought similar but not "substantially identical" funds (ie still small caps but different index).

Might just be me and @kevzilla who care on Alphamin, but their CEO is going on the road in Canada with BMO to pitch his company. Demand for tin is booming with data centers and solar while supply continues to be under constraint. AI demand is another driver for tin, so I'm hopeful this story gets some traction. Be nice if this wasn't a penny stock. It shouldn't be.

Went to Austin this weekend and saw four Rivian trucks driving around in the wild. Really good looking vehicles. Made me at least ponder the low price RIVN is right now.

Might just be me and @kevzilla who care on Alphamin, but their CEO is going on the road in Canada with BMO to pitch his company. Demand for tin is booming with data centers and solar while supply continues to be under constraint. AI demand is another driver for tin, so I'm hopeful this story gets some traction. Be nice if this wasn't a penny stock. It shouldn't be.
Still with you and up 73%. Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread