What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (14 Viewers)

I’m holding what I have of SI, and may add on dips like I did yesterday. If you believe in the future of crypto it seems like a pretty good bet. 

KGB said:
PACB an ARK play is up 15% today
up 17% more today.  I got out this AM at 4 or 5% up and went into ark instead.

ARKG does appear that it has moved up to the top of their holdings.  But not sure if they bought more or if it's because the stock went up a bunch.

There is good sized market for dry eye syndrome and many that have it are not even on a prescription yet.   They don't have a lot of competition in being a drug that is prescribed that can be administered as needed.  The ones that are prescribed are to be used every day, whether the current situation dictates or not.  

This just got FDA approval recently and I believe that Doctors will start to take advantage of it and prescribe.
This is interesting. My wife uses drops for dry eyes and says only Restasis really works, but it is very expensive.

NNDM up again pre-market. Did a search and found no mention this thread. I have no idea where/why I picked it last week, but its been very. very good to me.

Nano Dimension ( NNDM is a provider of intelligent machines for the fabrication of Additively Manufactured Electronics (AME). High fidelity active electronic and electromechanical subassemblies are integral enablers of autonomous intelligent drones, cars, satellites, smartphones, and in vivo medical devices. They necessitate iterative development, IP safety, fast time-to-market and device performance gains, thereby mandating AME for in-house, rapid prototyping and production. Nano Dimension ( NNDM ) machines serve cross-industry needs by depositing proprietary consumable conductive and dielectric materials simultaneously, while concurrently integrating in-situ capacitors, antennas, coils, transformers and electromechanical components, to function at unprecedented performance. Nano Dimension ( NNDM) bridges the gap between printed circuit board and semiconductor integrated circuits. A revolution at the click of a button: From computer-aided design (CAD)to a functional high-performance AME device in hours, solely at the cost of the consumable materials. 

Fortunately, you do not have to understand it to buy it.  Up 30% since I bought it Thursday

Dec 20: Indie Semiconductor: This semiconductor and software company for the automotive industry is going public via SPAC Thunder Bridge Acquisition II (NASDAQ: THBR) in a deal that values the company at about $1 billion.
Seems to be getting the EV bump a bit too.  Up 15-20% since Friday.

Don't think I'll be staying in this one for too long.  I can't keep track of all these auto/EV SPACs and it feels like the 90's internet all over again.  Except instead of putting .com in your name to make a million, you say something about new tech or EV and make a billion.    

Last edited by a moderator:

Been looking at this one for a while. Not sure what to make of their long-term prospects. 
I'm not sure they even know what their long term prospects are.  All they really accomplished so far was pushing a cool looking semi down a hill and posting the video of it on youtube.  

I'm not sure they even know what their long term prospects are.  All they really accomplished so far was pushing a cool looking semi down a hill and posting the video of it on youtube.  
Man people had that at 90 a share. What a disaster. I think I might roll the dice at 10. 

Am I the only fool in MRNA?  Should have cut my losses the other day.  

*Moderna 8-K Shows Co. Board, Members Of Exec. Committee Will Now Be Permitted To Trade In Moderna Stock Through New, Amended 10b5-1 Plans

RIDE on the move again.  May start to unload a little.   First sell limit set at $23.  

Electric Vehicle Company Canoo And Hennessy Capital Acquisition Corp. IV Announce Closing Of Business Combination
Canoo to Trade Under Ticker "GOEV" on Nasdaq Beginning Tuesday, Dec. 22, 2020

XL Fleet and Pivotal Investment Corporation II closes previously announced merger

Dec. 22, 2020 6:40 AM ETXL Group plc (XL-OLD)By: Niloofer Shaikh, SA News Editor6 Comments

XL Fleet (NYSE:XL) has completed its previously announced merger with Pivotal Investment Corporation II (NYSE:PIC).

The combined company commences trading today under the new name 'XL Fleet Corp' and ticker symbols 'XL' and 'XL WS'.

XL Fleet received ~$350M in cash proceeds, which will be used to advance XL Fleet’s position as a leader in fleet electrification through the development of new products, including all electric and Class 7-8 solutions, further the deployment of the company’s XL Grid charging infrastructure division and its complete “Electrification as a Service” offering, as well as to accelerate XL Fleet’s plans to expand internationally.

Good?
Its like the entire market did not notice this name change yesterday and today up 40% Hope I wasn't the only one doubling my position on the dip.

Thanks for the heads up gb.  Just thinned some.  Seems to like being in the $18 to $23 range these days.
:thumbup:   I think I've hit 20% or more 4-5 times now on this one.  I'll keep playing it until it decides doesn't want to play anymore.  

I could not figure out Fidelity early (where I already had a stake), so added another stake in TDAm. Happy to have both, now
Fidelity seems to have this weird back out period when the conversion is happening where you can't buy or sell.  Congrats, nice steal for you.

Its like the entire market did not notice this name change yesterday and today up 40% Hope I wasn't the only one doubling my position on the dip.
I was in and out.  Couldn't figure out what was going on.  then it got the Cramer plug and bump.  

I just read that Tesla has more value than the next 7 biggest car makers combined?? Can that be right?

I guess everybody is firmly in the electric car camp.

I just read that Tesla has more value than the next 7 biggest car makers combined?? Can that be right?

I guess everybody is firmly in the electric car camp.
Not sure I believe it should be right, but that is correct.  TSLA is a disruptive tech way more than just a car maker.  

Elon to GM, Ford, Toyota, Bezos (just for you BnB) "Hold my beer"  [while he pisses on their face]

@stbugs why are we invested in Kinsdale Capital?
I’m up 30% on it since July and I wish I bought it months before when I got the first recommendation at a much lower price. The recent price action is silliness. It moved from the S&P smallcap to midcap index to replace a company that was bought. If it’s name was Kinsla we would have gotten a 50% bump. I think the “removal” from the smallcap index was what moved it as goofy as that sounds. The company that replaced it in the smallcap index went up 10%. Not doing anything with it although it is the worst of the 3 stocks I bought the same day. NVCR and INSP have done much better although all 3 have had bumps. Not planning to do anything near term for KNSL.

Not sure I believe it should be right, but that is correct.  TSLA is a disruptive tech way more than just a car maker.  

Elon to GM, Ford, Toyota, Bezos (just for you BnB) "Hold my beer"  [while he pisses on their face]
Saying Tesla is more than just a car maker is a bit premature right now. They haven’t done anything else and with all the autonomous stuff going on and battery breakthroughs, not sure where they will branch out. Their market cap is making a huge assumption that they will break out elsewhere and I’m not so sure anymore based on the ridiculous amount of EV and EV supplier IPOs and SPACs along with Apple, Google and heck even Amazon owning part of Rivian. Musk will be fine with his SpaceX as well but that’s not part of Tesla.

this may have been mentioned but.. thoughts on XLY? it has some pretty good stocks inside it

XLY — STOCK HOLDINGS PAGE 1 OF 4

StockWeightAmount

AMAZON.COM21.62%$3,903,363,379

Home Depot10.99%$1,983,536,005

Nike INC. Class B6.72%$1,212,496,359

Mcdonald's5.98%$1,079,980,691

Starbucks4.59%$829,372,906

Lowe's Companies4.20%$759,058,356

Target3.31%$596,878,613

Booking Holdings3.23%$583,055,839

Tjx Companies3.12%$562,450,086

Dollar General2.03%$366,372,054

General Motors Company2.01%$363,138,542

Ross Stores1.62%$292,079,022

Chipotle Mexican Grill1.52%$274,320,403

Aptiv Plc1.34%$241,049,401

Ford Motor Company1.33%$240,861,478

Ebay1.32%$237,632,896

Marriott International INC. Class A1.30%$234,561,512

O'reilly Automotive1.30%$235,506,914

Yum! Brands1.24%$223,862,686

Hilton Worldwide Holdings

Sucks to be down today. I guess the crazy run since September has to cool down bit. The craziness still hasn’t for some of these stocks.

Can someone please explain to me why BTWN is still moving upwards? I mean the “merger” with Tokopedia which it sounds like was literally just a proposal that was sent was what popped it at first. Tokopedia has basically hired firms and said they are planning to go IPO. Even with that news that basically there is no merger, the stock has run up to new highs.

Users who are viewing this thread