What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (15 Viewers)

Anticipated action tomorrow

Selling:  OPEN, AAPL, 50% of my SI

Buying:  FLIR, SSPK

trying to free up some cash...want to be flexible/nimble in January...I'm weary of a correction in January/February so will be picking my stocks carefully.  Want to be ready to pounce on value if there is a correction.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anticipated action tomorrow

Selling:  OPEN, AAPL, 50% of my SI

Buying:  FLIR, SSPK

trying to free up some cash...want to be flexible/nimble in January...I'm weary of a correction in January/February so will be picking my stocks carefully.
I'm with you in  that I want to be at least 50% cash come Monday after the 3 1/2 day weekend and a short week until the 1st.

Also, I think that capital gains taxation may be going up some next year, so there could be selling looking to lock in the lower rate on some profits.

I wondered why the post man flipped me the bird when I passed him yesterday. Went to the mailbox and it was Spactacullarly full. Flying eagle acquisition actually sent me a background book for the prospectus. They also sent it priority mail. Who is paying for all this paper and postage?

I wondered why the post man flipped me the bird when I passed him yesterday. Went to the mailbox and it was Spactacullarly full. Flying eagle acquisition actually sent me a background book for the prospectus. They also sent it priority mail. Who is paying for all this paper and postage?
It’s annoying as ####. I just got a bible from IPOC this week. The SPACs are the worst. I’ve set every paperless switch in Fidelity that I can but it still says some things will be mailed because of regulations so maybe SPACs are like that. I do get a lot of proxy votes as well but those are small. The SPACs are gigantic.

McBokonon said:
I agree completely. I might not agree with all the same companies (agree on SNOW and SQ). Should have bought CRWD and U a while ago, not sure I’ll dive into them now. We’ll see but after my talk with MF guy, it definitely set me back on my path of staying the course and not get too worried about dips. My goals are still 5+ years out and tech will absolutely still be the leaders.

Voice posting got me there.  Background book was actually bound book.  Somebody is spending serious money on something that doesn't even enter the house and heads straight to the landfill.With all the different SPACS and numerous shareholders, half of Brazil must be getting chopped down.

CFO of Chewy Inc (30-Year Financial, Insider Trades) Mario Jesus Marte (insider trades) sold 45,692 shares of CHWY on 12/21/2020 at an average price of $100.4 a share. The total sale was $4.6 million.

Dang, just bought some today

Look out for rumored SoftBank SPAC with NURO...no ticker yet, but this is likely quick easy money if you can get in early.  I'll try to keep the thread updated, but no promises so keep your ears to the ground on this.

Blue Horseshoe...

Bezos?

Anyone have good recommendations for Cannibus ETFs?  I was in MJ a little bit but it seems pretty wide spread and not very actively managed.  Was thinking of getting into YOLO which is more active but with higher fees.  It seems like this sector is likely to grow a lot over the coming years...  Anyone wise in this arena?

Man, the PLTR faithful is really bidding up BTWN. No more real news just recycling Tokopedia reviewing their proposal as the reason for the premarket bump.

This is absolutely the biggest jump we’ve ever seen in a SPAC that was just created and that hasn’t actually merged. 70% on just a rumor of a potential merge with a company mulling an IPO (already hired Morgan Stanley who was in on ABNB, AI and is in on Roblox). Bravo to the people pushing the rumor hard, it’s working like a charm.

It was the night before Christmas and all the house,

Not a creature was stirring, they were imitating Amazon stock.
I don't own AMZN but I have MSFT and NVDA and they've been basically just as frustrating. But these long base formations aren't bad things for good companies, necessarily. Not that I haven't almost anger sold both of them.

I don't own AMZN but I have MSFT and NVDA and they've been basically just as frustrating. But these long base formations aren't bad things for good companies, necessarily. Not that I haven't almost anger sold both of them.
It’s funny because I look at Amazon as my conservative stocks. I know it’s not going to double in a month like some of these stocks but last time we complained about it not moving it went from the 2000s to 3000s. I can’t guarantee it, but I’d think Q4 is going to be nuts. They set guidance for like $115B in revenue for Q4. That was just poo-poo’d. Just to put that in perspective, Apple’s last quarter was $64B. I think the stock will be fine, but I don’t mind building a base where you’ll hopefully never see sub $3000 again.

I did add a few more shares of SQ. Should have just gone full share back at $150 or even $80 when it was recommended in June. Oh well, wouldn’t mind it getting back to $200 to finish buying a nice position.

Anyone have good recommendations for Cannibus ETFs?  I was in MJ a little bit but it seems pretty wide spread and not very actively managed.  Was thinking of getting into YOLO which is more active but with higher fees.  It seems like this sector is likely to grow a lot over the coming years...  Anyone wise in this arena?
I've been looking at YOLO as well, both of them have a 0.75% expense ratio though.

Man, the PLTR faithful is really bidding up BTWN. No more real news just recycling Tokopedia reviewing their proposal as the reason for the premarket bump.

This is absolutely the biggest jump we’ve ever seen in a SPAC that was just created and that hasn’t actually merged. 70% on just a rumor of a potential merge with a company mulling an IPO (already hired Morgan Stanley who was in on ABNB, AI and is in on Roblox). Bravo to the people pushing the rumor hard, it’s working like a charm.
I decided to trim 25% of my BTWN shares here since I'm up about 40%. I'll hang on to the rest until a target company is announced and then go from there.

I did trim 20% of my LMND - lockup expiration is Tuesday, just want to get through that. Still have a decent chunk if it runs up, anyway.

I thought it would stabilize at $220 (bought long term calls at that time) but now looks to be headed lower. $180 is the next support level where I’d double down. 
It looks like all of the big Chinese tech companies are caught up in this but BABA has dropped by far the most. Any idea why?

Users who are viewing this thread