What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (20 Viewers)

went so low they did a 1-100 reverse split, which I honestly didn’t know was possible.
:lmao: is that true? That’s hilarious.
Yeah, so technically I sold it in the hundreds. I remember someone posted in here about how it jumped up a ton and I went to the stock and was like WTF, why did I sell and then I looked at the 1 year chart and saw the old prices. Found a reverse split article and felt better about selling way back when.

Our moon biotech picks in here have been less than stellar in the end. I guess that makes sense as I’d think most moonshots do fail. Still wonder what that Whyatt guy did with HGEN. He said he bought a ton (seemed true based on his cost basis lowering numbers) and then disappeared when it tanked. That and CYDY are the only ones that seemed to attract a good chunk of interest in here.

went so low they did a 1-100 reverse split, which I honestly didn’t know was possible.
Yeah, so technically I sold it in the hundreds. I remember someone posted in here about how it jumped up a ton and I went to the stock and was like WTF, why did I sell and then I looked at the 1 year chart and saw the old prices. Found a reverse split article and felt better about selling way back when.

Our moon biotech picks in here have been less than stellar in the end. I guess that makes sense as I’d think most moonshots do fail. Still wonder what that Whyatt guy did with HGEN. He said he bought a ton (seemed true based on his cost basis lowering numbers) and then disappeared when it tanked. That and CYDY are the only ones that seemed to attract a good chunk of interest in here.

TMDX has done very well. But they already had an FDA approved product when it first came up here.

Still wonder what that Whyatt guy did with HGEN. He said he bought a ton (seemed true based on his cost basis lowering numbers) and then disappeared when it tanked. That and CYDY are the only ones that seemed to attract a good chunk of interest in here.
I still have mine. Sold a chunk last year for the tax write-off. No point in selling too much at this price.

Have this stock TIO on my watchlist (I have a small seed amount invested). It's up 130% since April 28th when I put it on my watchlist. Still looking into the company before I dump more money into them.

TMDX has done very well. But they already had an FDA approved product when it first came up here.
Right, not a moonshot per se.

AFMJF had been falling on light volume, but is up on heavy volume today. I love this little thing. I would tell everyone to jump in, but that would surely trigger an SEC investigation (and GM's first coronary).

What's the selling point on NKE? It's down a bit the last few days but still up from pre-covid highs and still 32 P/E for a shoe company with declining net profit numbers (though steady increasing revenue).
I don't know, I just like the company. Really don't have any analytics to back it up, but I think owning stocks in companies you believe in isn't the worst idea in the world. I own APPL for the same reason, even though I use an Android phone. I wear New Balance sneakers too. I'm weird. I would never in a million years follow my investment advice.

I wear New Balance sneakers too.

Tell me you are a dad of many without telling me.......

:lmao:

Nike shoes are not wide enough for my fat feet. :bag:
There's a wide feet and girth joke in there somewhere.

In my 20s I only wore Nike. Nike started using cheaper materials and didn't feel comfortable anymore. I haven't owned a pair in a couple decades.
Bought a pair of Nikes online, first pair in a long time. They were the cheapest feeling shoes. Ended up returning them. Back to On Clouds.

I wear New Balance sneakers too.

Tell me you are a dad of many without telling me.......

:lmao:

Nike shoes are not wide enough for my fat feet. :bag:
There's a wide feet and girth joke in there somewhere.

In my 20s I only wore Nike. Nike started using cheaper materials and didn't feel comfortable anymore. I haven't owned a pair in a couple decades.

I got planter fasciatis (sp?) challenging my best friend to a 40 wearing Nike's 5 years ago. It got worse wearing their shoes. I switched to New Balance and the problem went away.

I don't LOVE Nike shoes. Or their sports wear. I don't drink Coke products. I will never own an iPhone. I'd rather drink rhino piss than a Bud beer.

But - there is no doubt in my mind that these companies know how to market and sell. For decades they have proven that. Watch "Air". The NBA was going to fine Jordan $5K a game for wearing his shoe. NIKE ate that cost because the buzz was worth it. New Coke? Genius. This Bud Light flap? They know what they're doing.

Nike is the Coke of apparel, the Apple of marketing and the Bud of addiction to product. I bought more today and only wish I had more cash.

Get some Jordans you dorks
I’ve got 3 HS/College aged boys. We’ve got Jordans that have wrinkle guards and have been worn to prom. I also have about 6 pairs of Nikes that look just like @McBokonon ‘s shoes. The shoes are popular and they probably think it’s cute that the old guy in the bar is trying to fit in.

Wish these morons would get this debt thing settled. There is always something that gets in the way when we start gaining ground again.

I’ve got 3 HS/College aged boys. We’ve got Jordans that have wrinkle guards and have been worn to prom. I also have about 6 pairs of Nikes that look just like @McBokonon ‘s shoes. The shoes are popular and they probably think it’s cute that the old guy in the bar is trying to fit in.
I wear mine. I refuse to go into the sweet sweet darkness of new balance. Get a lot of compliments on them too!!

I wear mine. I refuse to go into the sweet sweet darkness of new balance. Get a lot of compliments on them too!!
Same here. I have splurged on multiple colorways of Jordan Luka 1s and they have become my everyday wear in the office. Sometimes with khakis, sometimes with jeans, always get compliments, from the kids and the olds.

Nike marketing sucks me in with a new color every month or so.

New Balance 990v5. You can have them when you pry them off my cold, dead feet. My feet are half-dead from the 'betes, so stand by.

Visa is another one of those stocks that has crawled up the escalator all spring, only to get thrown down the elevator shaft this week. The old man put another $100K into a one-year CD paying 5.15%.

NVDA shoving it in my face.

I thought about trimming today, but decided to hang tight.

Of course even with this huge run, I finally crossed into the green during the session today. Yes, I'm the only one on the planet that was still down on NVDA as I bought it in Dec '21 when it was just coming off it's (previous) ATH. No idea why I didn't add to it last summer/fall, as I sure never considered selling.

NVDA shoving it in my face.

I thought about trimming today, but decided to hang tight.

Of course even with this huge run, I finally crossed into the green during the session today. Yes, I'm the only one on the planet that was still down on NVDA as I bought it in Dec '21 when it was just coming off it's (previous) ATH. No idea why I didn't add to it last summer/fall, as I sure never considered selling.
Tried to buy the dip on a lot of things last spring, but this one has actually worked.

Well at least I have a bunch of AMD that’s going up almost 10% in sympathy. I do think NVDA is going way too far. It’s an incredible pop considering their Q2 revenue and earnings are actually down YoY and their Price to Sales is now well over 30.

Pretty amazing how much some of these companies have bounced back from their lows. I'm probably going to sell most of my NVDA tomorrow. P/E is going to be nuts.

Well at least I have a bunch of AMD that’s going up almost 10% in sympathy. I do think NVDA is going way too far. It’s an incredible pop considering their Q2 revenue and earnings are actually down YoY and their Price to Sales is now well over 30.

I took a position in AMD this week, pretty much just based on the chart and potential for a breakout. Hope this kicks off that breakout!

Anybody doing anything to position or hedge for a potential melt down in the markets if this debt ceiling thing doesn't get resolved in time? I keep thinking I should shave off 15-20% of my investments and move it to cash "just in case", but I'm afraid I'd miss a 4-5% pop on the day this all gets settled. And we all know much of the gains of the market happens on just a handful of big up days.

Anybody doing anything to position or hedge for a potential melt down in the markets if this debt ceiling thing doesn't get resolved in time? I keep thinking I should shave off 15-20% of my investments and move it to cash "just in case", but I'm afraid I'd miss a 4-5% pop on the day this all gets settled. And we all know much of the gains of the market happens on just a handful of big up days.
No because I think it’s posturing but it does seem more tentative than usual. The speaker saying yesterday that people shouldn’t flee the market actually gave me a lot of pause.

The one thing that makes me feel ok is McConnell saying a default won’t happen and we pay our debts. He doesn’t actually control that, but he has to know.

I'm not letting this made-up debt ceiling BS scare me into selling. Doing the opposite and adding on other's fears and just added more cash to the play account too.

Target has given back all of its gains from earnings report and now giving back even more. BUD and TGT should be lessons for publicly traded companies. 1. Return maximum shareholder value 2. Provide your good and service with quality and profit maximization. Lastly stay out of the public eye do not do anything to impact 1 and 2.

Sold off a decent chunk of SOXL @ 20. I was still holding a lot from last fall when it dipped below 10.

Sold off a decent chunk of SOXL @ 20. I was still holding a lot from last fall when it dipped below 10.

I remember you posting about it a bunch back then (I think it was you). Nice trade.
It was. Fortunately and unfortunately, I haven’t been a hopper in and out, so my semi stocks have been on a nice run lately after that swoon. Back to very nice gains overall on most or maybe all by now. AMD, MRVL, TSM and CDNS all with nice bumps. Funny too because 2 of the 4 I got because they acquired other stocks I bought.

Users who are viewing this thread