What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (9 Viewers)

Wanda Sykes special had me in tears last night.

Note to Trumpers- you probably won't like this.

She opens with, "if you voted for Trump and came to see my show you just ####ed up again!"

Mirage - A must see!

Available for streaming on Netflix. Spanish movie dubbed in English.

Vera (Adriana Ugarte - A Julianne Moore look & act alike) connected through time via a video recorder and mysterious electrical storm, saves the life of a boy who originally died after discovering a murder. This, of course, changes her life and sends her on a mission to recover her "lost" daughter.

You know how you wish there were more intelligent movies you could watch - especially in the sci-fi genre? Well here's an answer for you. It seems a little slow in parts, but that's just the slow burn that increases the impact and payoff of a magnificent tying together of the movie's many threads.

Boy howdy did I like this movie!

Mirage - A must see!

Vera (Adriana Ugarte - A Julianne Moore look & act alike) connected through time via a video recorder and mysterious electrical storm, saves the life of a boy who originally died after discovering a murder. This, of course, changes her life and sends her on a mission to recover her "lost" daughter.

You know how you wish there were more intelligent movies you could watch - especially in the sci-fi genre? Well here's an answer for you. It seems a little slow in parts, but that's just the slow burn that increases the impact and payoff of a magnificent tying together of the movie's many threads.

Makes me think of the very fun "Time Crimes" somehow. 

Has anyone else watched The Rain on Netflix? It may have been discussed already. I did a search but had trouble finding anything . . .

Mirage - A must see!

Is it available in original Spanish?

Mirage - A must see!

I had noticed this movie a little while ago and put it in my queue but haven't really thought about watching it anytime soon.  I'll check it out sooner after reading your review.

Good Posting Judge said:
Don't think it's been mentioned in here, but the documentary "Rocco" was unbelievable. I really felt like a prude afterwards.

Good Posting Judge said:
I would also skip it if you don't like seeing a man's penis. Like don't even watch the beginning credits.
Ahh, so this is definitely not about one of my favorite mid-90s Nickelodeon cartoons?

saintfool said:
Andy Dufresne said:
Mirage - A must see!

Makes me think of the very fun "Time Crimes" somehow. 
or frequency

Anarchy99 said:
Has anyone else watched The Rain on Netflix? It may have been discussed already. I did a search but had trouble finding anything . . .
nm... I've mentioned that I gave up after 15-30 mintues because it was just that bad. but it has its fans here- so even though I didn't stay out of it... I'll stay out of it.

Not sure if mentioned but No Escape was entertaining.  Really zero plot but does a good job allowing you to feel their terror.  

floppinha watches a guy and girl... girl has has the most annoying voice in the history of annoying voices. they probably own several islands at this point.
If it's the married couple (stumpy?) I've been wishing for them to die in a vat of boiling dynamite for five years now.

Andy Dufresne said:
Mirage - A must see!

very nice rec, thanks 

Finished up The Society.  Liked, didn't love it.  As is usual with these kind of shows, virtually none of the characters have any redeeming qualities and IDGAF what happens to them.  But it's got a supernatural element to it that I like. 

Finished up The Society.  Liked, didn't love it.  As is usual with these kind of shows, virtually none of the characters have any redeeming qualities and IDGAF what happens to them.  But it's got a supernatural element to it that I like. 
You might like Chambers. 

:thumbup:    Fleabag is brilliant.

I'm on season 1 episode 4. I'm having a hard time because the lead character is so incredibly unlikeable. And unlike Veep - which has terrible people throughout it that is just played for laughs - we are supposed to like her. And sympathize with her. 

I'm finding it awfully hard to do that.

I'm on season 1 episode 4. I'm having a hard time because the lead character is so incredibly unlikeable. And unlike Veep - which has terrible people throughout it that is just played for laughs - we are supposed to like her. And sympathize with her. 

I understand she tips over pretty easy - that could be fun.  

Just when I was going to gripe yet again about not much being good on NF after trying a couple shows (Dead to Me, The Society, Umbrella Academy), I finally tried the first couple episodes of American Vandal and laughed a lot.  

Nearly done, Dead to Me, starring Christina Applegate.  Unless it goes totally off the rails in the last two episodes, its been a good watch.

Undercover. About two undercover agents who infiltrate a drug kingpin's inner circle. Really liked it, lots of twists and turns.

Remastered; Devil at the Crossroads. The usual whodunit stuff of this series. You never really learn much but I do watch them for some odd reason.  This one clocked it at less than an hour.

Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile. Surprisingly decent performance by Zac Efron as Bundy. You might want to deep dive with the Bundy Tapes series, which is superior.

Wild District. About a Colombian guerrilla that has to re-orientate his life to an urban setting while dealing with his past. Was ok bit found it a bit of a slog.
Just got done with the Bundy documentary....not bad.

Does anyone know if they went back and confirmed his murders via DNA?

KarmaPolice said:
I enjoy it, but will fully admit that it gets a bit bonkers after a couple seasons.  

The main reason to watch is for the acting tour de force put in by Maslany.  She should have won all the awards every year. 
Wife and I went through all 5 seasons in the last few months, we both really liked it overall. Her portrayal of the different characters really was amazing. They all seemed like distinct characters, different speech patterns, body language, etc. I was pretty amazed. 

There were a few hiccups I thought (Tony? Why?) and the usual inexplicable annoying plot mechanisms but overall we both looked forward to watching it each night.

Last edited by a moderator:
whoknew said:

She is. But keep watching, season 2 is incredible 

KarmaPolice said:
I enjoy it, but will fully admit that it gets a bit bonkers after a couple seasons.  

The main reason to watch is for the acting tour de force put in by Maslany.  She should have won all the awards every year. 
Agreed on Maslany, she is amazing. I think I got a couple of episodes into Season 5 and gave up. Maybe I will finish it one day

Andy Dufresne said:
Mirage -A must see!

:thumbup:

i felt like the movie got better as it went along....slowly and methodically ratcheting up the tension and pacing out the reveals...nicely done

Last edited by a moderator:
Finished "Shrill" on Hulu. Amusing comedy with Aidy Bryant. It's not aiming for big laughs but it's enjoyable. I like the writing quite a bit because it offers up a different voice/story. Bryant gives a nice performance too. Season 2 been given the greenlight even. There's a pool party scene where Christo would have been very happy.

Andy Dufresne said:
Mirage - A must see!

Great recommendation.  And even the time travel rules kind of seemed to make sense.

whoknew said:

She is. But keep watching, season 2 is incredible 
I'm not sure what to recommend. I love the show, but it is about a genuine flawed character that finds humor in all the wrinkles and imperfections, some of which are pretty awful.

But hers isn't a static journey- she's self aware and not happy with her state, and the whole story so far is about her trying to find a better way of being... Even if it's almost entirely failure. There are some really profound moments of connection with her friends and family.

So if seeing people behave poorly doesn't do it for the op, that's mostly what happens here, even if I wouldn't say that's what it's bottom line about... So :shrug:

I'm not sure what to recommend. I love the show, but it is about a genuine flawed character that finds humor in all the wrinkles and imperfections, some of which are pretty awful.

But hers isn't a static journey- she's self aware and not happy with her state, and the whole story so far is about her trying to find a better way of being... Even if it's almost entirely failure. There are some really profound moments of connection with her friends and family.

So if seeing people behave poorly doesn't do it for the op, that's mostly what happens here, even if I wouldn't say that's what it's bottom line about... So :shrug:
Don't want to spoil season 2, but she does attempt to improve herself

Prime show, but ### #### The Expanse is good. In season 3 now and already frantically googling when season 4 comes out.

Does it have it's own thread here? It's not GoT in terms of popularity and scale, but for hard sci-fi it's about as close as you can get on tv. 

Prime show, but ### #### The Expanse is good. In season 3 now and already frantically googling when season 4 comes out.

Does it have it's own thread here? It's not GoT in terms of popularity and scale, but for hard sci-fi it's about as close as you can get on tv. 
I watch Ep1 of this last night.  I was a bit lost, but it was pretty good.  

Haven't seen the show yet, but the books it is based on are fantastic.

Users who are viewing this thread