What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (3 Viewers)

Is it good?
I am thoroughly entertained. It's not for everybody but it's got a few touches of Dark only with a much lighter mood.

Time travel is involved and that's not everyone's cup of tea, either. But I think it's hilarious when a past king of Norway is trying to prove his claim with a YouTube show.

Ok, the battle in Witcher 1.8 was incredibly fun.  Kept thinking the whole thing looked like a bunch of people watched the Battle of Winterfell, and thought,  let's do it better.  They pretty much did. 

Onward season 2. This show is better than Wheel of Time,  and I was ok with Wheel. 

I do like LOTR and Game of Thrones and Witcher has a similar feel to both of those, IMO.

I am only 4 episodes in - and like Witcher - but I am not sure I would compare it to those two yet.

Those were both truly epics - where the show (GOT) and movies (LOTR) contained a large story arc. What I am noticing with Witcher is it seems a bit more set up like a typical Procedural show - where each episode could be a stand-alone story (there is a beginning, middle, and resolution) - with hints (as opposed to the driving force) of the larger story arc tying everything together.

I am only 4 episodes in - and like Witcher - but I am not sure I would compare it to those two yet.

Those were both truly epics - where the show (GOT) and movies (LOTR) contained a large story arc. What I am noticing with Witcher is it seems a bit more set up like a typical Procedural show - where each episode could be a stand-alone story (there is a beginning, middle, and resolution) - with hints (as opposed to the driving force) of the larger story arc tying everything together.
Get back to me by the end of season 2.

couple thoughts-

Witcher is a good show- fun. But it's not epic tv by any stretch- it's comparison to GOT and LOTR should be primarily genre-based, as it's a large step below those on a bunch of levels. It may seem like it's getting highly repped in here, but I think that's mostly in comparison to Wheel- and it's a legit better show than that, even if that doesn't catapult it into "great" territory.

you're right with the early, stand-alone episodes... and there are components of that that persist (in a good way, imo)- but you'll start to find larger story arcs appear and take precedence.

couple thoughts-

Witcher is a good show- fun. But it's not epic tv by any stretch- it's comparison to GOT and LOTR should be primarily genre-based, as it's a large step below those on a bunch of levels. It may seem like it's getting highly repped in here, but I think that's mostly in comparison to Wheel- and it's a legit better show than that, even if that doesn't catapult it into "great" territory.

you're right with the early, stand-alone episodes... and there are components of that that persist (in a good way, imo)- but you'll start to find larger story arcs appear and take precedence.
This.

And Wheel belongs on Lifetime. 

you want us to program your DVRs too, ya lazy lugs?
Have you tried to google a streaming show lately?  It can be quite frustrating to figure out what service the show is actually on as services like Amazon will try to get you to watch Hulu/HBO/Paramount/etc shows through their app.  

People need to state what show they are talking about.  Had to track down two prior quotes until I figured out what show they were discussing.  Takes some of the fun out of the thread.
:thanks:  been thinking of posting the same thing..

When it gets to the 3rd or 4th comment, with no tie in to what show the post is about, I'm too lazy to scroll up to try and figure it out so lose interest.

I just started The Witcher as well. I'm at 1.5 and know literally nothing about this story at all. 

It took me until last night and several vodkas to finally realize that there are several different timelines going on.  Once that clicked,  I kinda understood (I think) what is roughly going on. 

Cavill is really good,  the queen is a great character and thank God they fixed Yennifer because I would watch her read a book..... and the character is fun too. 

This is infinitely better than Wheel of Time in every aspect. 
Im pretty sure everyone person watching it the first time had the same experience. Season 1 almost requires multiple watches. Season 2 is great btw.

Nah not really. Yeah every episode seems to have a new monster to fight but its definitely not a procedural show AT ALL.

@General Malaise would be all over this.  :thumbup:

I actually would be interested in a TV consultant who could ferret out new shows I might like based on things I've watched in the past.  Consultant would also be on top of the best and newest documentaries, true crime series, podcasts, etc.  There is SOOOOOOOOOOOO much out there that it gets overwhelming and as a result, I hardly watch anything.  

I can pay in pot cookies.

Although we did finish The Morning Show, which was......okay.  Newsroom was 10x better than this, but it was still decent.  Was impressed with Aniston's acting chops.  I never watch her movies and was a casual Friend's viewer, but she was good in this.  Her portrayal with Covid was good.  

And I think Billy Crudup is criminally underrated as an actor.  

Although we did finish The Morning Show, which was......okay.  Newsroom was 10x better than this, but it was still decent.  Was impressed with Aniston's acting chops.  I never watch her movies and was a casual Friend's viewer, but she was good in this.  Her portrayal with Covid was good.  

Crudup was easily the best part of the show for me.

I liked Morning Show a more than you did...Season 2 is  on par with Season 1.

Agreed Crudup is great. He was fantastic in this show, made that character great.

The writing, acting and direction. 

But yeah...other than those things it's got awesome star wars pew pew pew 
The entire Star Wars franchise has some of the worst acting in the history of film

Mark Hamill is awful.  Great iconic character and great voice over and great person but his acting is not

hayden Christian was terrible but he did give a great performance and gave us epic memes

jake Lloyd was bad

Jar Jar fing Binks

id say the only real great performances were Sir Alec Guinness and Ewan McGregor (probably the most well known character since Jesus)

Users who are viewing this thread