What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (11 Viewers)

Almost done with full rewatch of West Wing. Still a great show but it did lose a bit in the final season.
My wife's making me watch this for the first time now. As with all things Sorkin, I have a problem with his style of dialog. Martin Sheen is hamming it up a bit more than I expected. Apart from those two things it's been a good show so far (somewhere in the middle of season 1). Seems like it would be a challenge for a conservative to watch this and enjoy it, it's pretty pro-liberal up to this point.

I got all the way through Lessons in Chemistry but don't think I can recommend it to anyone. It wasn't so bad I dropped it, so I can't really say it was terrible, but not worth the time investment imo with so much good content out there. Overly preachy, a mystery that wasn't mysterious nor very interesting, pretty formulaic and an unsatisfying ending. The acting and dialogue were both pretty good, just not enough there there.

This final season of The Crown has been excellent. Series kind of dragged there for a bit but has been outstanding as it is wrapping up.

The death of Diana handled really well and in an interesting way.

my wife loves this and makes me watch. im into it though. its well done and interesting.

I got all the way through Lessons in Chemistry but don't think I can recommend it to anyone. It wasn't so bad I dropped it, so I can't really say it was terrible, but not worth the time investment imo with so much good content out there. Overly preachy, a mystery that wasn't mysterious nor very interesting, pretty formulaic and an unsatisfying ending. The acting and dialogue were both pretty good, just not enough there there.
Interesting. Three episodes in and really enjoy it.

This final season of The Crown has been excellent. Series kind of dragged there for a bit but has been outstanding as it is wrapping up.

my wife loves this and makes me watch. im into it though. its well done and interesting.
Yep. It has the “Downton Abbey” vibe where it’s very froofy but the characters are well done.

In the case of “The Crown” they have to deal with actual events and blend them with storytelling which they really do well.

Anyone watching The Curse on Showtime? Not sure I've watched a show that I cringe at almost every turn but I'm actually enjoying it.
I don't have Showtime, but I love Nathan Fielder and I'll definitely watch this if/when it comes to another service.

I wasn't familiar with him before this but love the clips I've seen from Nathan For You. His character in The Curse is very similar.

ummm Axel F a beverly hills cop series on netflix with what looks like the OG cast plus kevin bacon? ummm count me the **** in

Oh hell yes! I was thinking c'mon can this be good at all? Until the Axel F theme kicked in. I'm in!!

ummm Axel F a beverly hills cop series on netflix with what looks like the OG cast plus kevin bacon? ummm count me the **** in

Oh hell yes! I was thinking c'mon can this be good at all? Until the Axel F theme kicked in. I'm in!!
Looks like they got all the key players back as well. I even saw Serge in that trailer.....

Looks like they got all the key players back as well. I even saw Serge in that trailer.....
I found myself wondering if Judge Reinhold was dead as the trailer progressed and he hadn't shown up. lol

Turns out he's just Canadian.*

*Not true, this is an obscure 80s reference to an MTV game show called Remote Control.

Interesting. Three episodes in and really enjoy it.

I also enjoyed the first three.

I thought ghost Diana was super weird but otherwise very well done.

Almost done with full rewatch of West Wing. Still a great show but it did lose a bit in the final season.
My wife's making me watch this for the first time now. As with all things Sorkin, I have a problem with his style of dialog. Martin Sheen is hamming it up a bit more than I expected. Apart from those two things it's been a good show so far (somewhere in the middle of season 1). Seems like it would be a challenge for a conservative to watch this and enjoy it, it's pretty pro-liberal up to this point.
If I only watched stuff that was conservative friendly I'd still be watching PBS Masterpiece Theater every Friday.

I think. I'm trying to be pithy.

Just wrapped Black Bird.

strange mix... has moments of legit greatness (the Larry Hall acting in particular) and then moments where the show just seems all off and goofy. overall writing arc- considering its based on a true story- feels weak. but there are some screen chewing scenes between the two leads where the writing feels pretty solid... and for that matter Ray Liotta's performance is good as well (RIP). So while I liked it, I feel like it could've been better

Fargo (Season 5) on Hulu
Probably already discussed. After watching the first few minutes of E1, I was thinking it was going to be a bomb, but it has turned out to be my favorite season!!

Last edited:
It's definitely not great... And arguably not even good... But there's something about ham-hnded youth basketball fictional series Swagger (apple) that I've totally enjoyed.

Feel like the writing in S2 got both much better and much worse somehow. I guess I liked that everybody was saying and doing the right things in moments of conflict instead of escalating everything like they would in real life... even if it was heavyhanded and preachy.

I waited WAY too long to watch Violent Night.
I know it is wrong, but I was :lmao: at a lot of kills by Santa..

Sledge hammer, tree topper, Snow blower, ice skate decapitation, among many others.

Will definitely become one of my must watch Christmas movies each year. :thumbup:
Just watched it for the first time on Friday. It was funny albeit extremely violent. I love the opening sequence. Hilarious.

I waited WAY too long to watch Violent Night.
I know it is wrong, but I was :lmao: at a lot of kills by Santa..

Sledge hammer, tree topper, Snow blower, ice skate decapitation, among many others.

Will definitely become one of my must watch Christmas movies each year. :thumbup:
Just watched it for the first time on Friday. It was funny albeit extremely violent. I love the opening sequence. Hilarious.
We tried watching it last week. Guess I just wasn't in the right mood. I have no issues with the violence and was looking forward to it, held off watching it so I could closer to Christmas. I made it about halfway through. The acting was horrible, except for the little girl. Everybody was a cartoon character. A little too over the top I guess.

eta: Bad Santa is in my Top 5 Christmas movies so I'm not against a crude Christmas movie.

Best episode of TV I watched this year: Forks - the Bear

HM - Connor's Wedding - Succession
Are your sure you dont mean Fishes? I thought that might be a top 5 episode of all time.
Forks resonated more with me in terms of one of the all time great character arc payoffs. Loved Fishes too though.
Both were outstanding. I'd also put Long, Long Time (episode 3 of the Last of Us) on the podium.

Not sure what to make of this. Its crazy to think I'm going to watch a paid subscription-based content provider and get ads during movies and shows. That said, the $2.99 isn't all that much if you watch a ton of Prime shows. There have been a few good ones.

Dear Prime member,

We are writing to you today about an upcoming change to your Prime Video experience. Starting January 29, Prime Video movies and TV shows will include limited advertisements. This will allow us to continue investing in compelling content and keep increasing that investment over a long period of time. We aim to have meaningfully fewer ads than linear TV and other streaming TV providers. No action is required from you, and there is no change to the current price of your Prime membership. We will also offer a new ad-free option for an additional $2.99 per month* that you can sign up for here.

Not sure what to make of this. Its crazy to think I'm going to watch a paid subscription-based content provider and get ads during movies and shows. That said, the $2.99 isn't all that much if you watch a ton of Prime shows. There have been a few good ones.

Dear Prime member,

We are writing to you today about an upcoming change to your Prime Video experience. Starting January 29, Prime Video movies and TV shows will include limited advertisements. This will allow us to continue investing in compelling content and keep increasing that investment over a long period of time. We aim to have meaningfully fewer ads than linear TV and other streaming TV providers. No action is required from you, and there is no change to the current price of your Prime membership. We will also offer a new ad-free option for an additional $2.99 per month* that you can sign up for here.
Hey man, this thing ain't paying for itself you know.

Best episode of TV I watched this year: Forks - the Bear

HM - Connor's Wedding - Succession
Are your sure you dont mean Fishes? I thought that might be a top 5 episode of all time.
Forks resonated more with me in terms of one of the all time great character arc payoffs. Loved Fishes too though.
I thought Fishes was among the top TV episodes ever regarding the development of tension. Right up there with several moments in Breaking Bad but the Bear’s tension seemed even more concentrated and prolonged. It was painful yet brilliant to watch.

Dear Prime member,

I listen to a lot of industry podcasts about streaming and all the companies are seeing much bigger returns from ad-supported viewers than ad-free viewers (even at higher prices). I think everyone is going to be pushing hard in this direction.

Users who are viewing this thread