What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (2 Viewers)

Finished Part 1 of season 4 of Manifest and enjoyed it quite a bit.. Interesting twists with past meeting up with present.
Now we wait for part 2 and see how they wrap this up. :popcorn:

I love The Peripheral so far. Great world building, character development, and sci fi.

I started watching Inside Man on Netflix having no idea what it was about but like Sherlpck and the actors. I had to shut it off half way through the first episode. Talk about one dumb decision after another. I can't watch a show with such stupid characters.

I'm two episodes in. Nice blend of Matrix-y type themes and good action. I am still kinda confused at some things but hope they'll just tie up loose ends as it progresses. Will watch two more tomorrow.
Peripheral is pretty good but I'm 4 in and have decided I have to watch the first episode again. Some things aren't adding up.
I have to read episode guides after each episode but everything makes sense to me.
Yeah... I watched the first episode on an edible... you're saying not to do that?
Why do you think i have to read an episode recap after every episode?

I love The Peripheral so far. Great world building, character development, and sci fi.

I started watching Inside Man on Netflix having no idea what it was about but like Sherlpck and the actors. I had to shut it off half way through the first episode. Talk about one dumb decision after another. I can't watch a show with such stupid characters.

I'm two episodes in. Nice blend of Matrix-y type themes and good action. I am still kinda confused at some things but hope they'll just tie up loose ends as it progresses. Will watch two more tomorrow.
Peripheral is pretty good but I'm 4 in and have decided I have to watch the first episode again. Some things aren't adding up.
I have to read episode guides after each episode but everything makes sense to me.
Yeah... I watched the first episode on an edible... you're saying not to do that?
Good deal. I'll follow your game plan then.

Nothing makes me happier than being high and watching sci-fi

Finished Part 1 of season 4 of Manifest and enjoyed it quite a bit.. Interesting twists with past meeting up with present.
Now we wait for part 2 and see how they wrap this up. :popcorn:
Wait...this show got moved to netflix? somemamabiotch! I thought they just stopped making it. I watched all of the ones originally on NBC. Need to get ligged in stat.....not sure why, but I love shows like this. Most of them get cancelled.

Nothing makes me happier than being high and watching sci-fi
Currently watching episode two in the same state as one.

The English on Amazon prime, just started episode 1 and it's good. I have an Emily Blunt bias, but the scenes are beautifully shot, and the story has me intrigued.

Set in 1890, an Englishwoman arrives in the foreboding terrain of the American West, determined to wreak revenge on the man she blames for her son's death.

The English on Amazon prime, just started episode 1 and it's good. I have an Emily Blunt bias, but the scenes are beautifully shot, and the story has me intrigued.

Set in 1890, an Englishwoman arrives in the foreboding terrain of the American West, determined to wreak revenge on the man she blames for her son's death.
An Emily Blunt revenge flick is always good in my book :heart:

it’s a 6 episode series, i’m already starting the 3rd episode :bag:

I hadn't even heard of this series coming out on 11/11 but below is a quick synopsis from the Guardian without any real spoilers:

First and foremost – don’t let the moony opening of The English (“It was in the stars … And we believed in the stars, you and I”) put you off. It is completely unrepresentative of the six hours that follow and I want you to follow them.

The English (BBC Two), written and directed by Hugo Blick, is a revisionist western further revised. We are in 1890, the last days of settlement of the old west and our all-but-silent hero is Eli Whipp (Chaske Spencer), a Pawnee native and former scout for the US army cavalry – doubly displaced by the settlers’ theft of his homeland and what his people see as his betrayal of it. He is on his way to Nebraska to stake a claim to the acres he is owed for his army service, despite warnings that the white men in charge will never honour their debt.

Our heroine is Lady Cornelia Locke (Emily Blunt), who arrives at a remote hostelry in Kansas from England, on the trail of the man she holds responsible for her son’s death. There she finds the manager, Mr Watts (Ciarán Hinds, in the most terrifying of all his terrifying modes), in the process of torturing Eli. She tries to buy his safety but is beaten for her trouble. It becomes clear that news of her vengeful intentions has gone before her and that Watts is under instructions to kill her. The murder will be pinned on Eli.

I hadn't even heard of this series coming out on 11/11 but below is a quick synopsis from the Guardian without any real spoilers:

First and foremost – don’t let the moony opening of The English (“It was in the stars … And we believed in the stars, you and I”) put you off. It is completely unrepresentative of the six hours that follow and I want you to follow them.

The English (BBC Two), written and directed by Hugo Blick, is a revisionist western further revised. We are in 1890, the last days of settlement of the old west and our all-but-silent hero is Eli Whipp (Chaske Spencer), a Pawnee native and former scout for the US army cavalry – doubly displaced by the settlers’ theft of his homeland and what his people see as his betrayal of it. He is on his way to Nebraska to stake a claim to the acres he is owed for his army service, despite warnings that the white men in charge will never honour their debt.

Our heroine is Lady Cornelia Locke (Emily Blunt), who arrives at a remote hostelry in Kansas from England, on the trail of the man she holds responsible for her son’s death. There she finds the manager, Mr Watts (Ciarán Hinds, in the most terrifying of all his terrifying modes), in the process of torturing Eli. She tries to buy his safety but is beaten for her trouble. It becomes clear that news of her vengeful intentions has gone before her and that Watts is under instructions to kill her. The murder will be pinned on Eli.
tasty :popcorn:

Someone hasn't watched all of True Blood.
Anyone who stuck with the show for those last few seasons couldn’t have expected anything better.
Wife and I just finished season 3 and the plot is already disastering. But an explanation of True Blood is in order.

True Blood was obviously written by someone who regularly writes wholesome movies for Hallmark. There's the know-it-all mystery-solving female star who's quick to condemn others, the best friend who's a social misfit, the brother who's a total dumbass but nice guy.

The changes to the usual Hallmark plot and setting are: it's in a poor part of the Deep South, there are vampires, then.. there's vampire blood which is easily available that has the effect of Cocaine/LSD/steroids, then.. there are werewolves, then.. there are shapeshifters, then... there are maenads (I swear someone looked up "mythical creatures with great power" and wrote the whole plot), then... the vampires have a political power structure and battles, then... there are witches, then... there are fairies, then... I don't know, thats where we are at the end of season 3. Oh, and lots of characters get nekkid lots of times which is nice.

The dialogue is wondrously bad.
** werewolves attack virginal-looking main character **
** vampire tries to save her life **
Southern Gentleman Vampire: "Drink my blood, it will save you."
** she drinks blood **
** she miraculously recovers**
Virginal-looking main character: "Why didn't you save me sooner, you undead SOB?"
Southern Gentleman Vampire: "Because I love you."
Virginal-looking main character: "Take me home, and don't enter my house again"

I'm going to stick around for as much of seasons 4-7 as my wife wants to watch because she loves vampires and we both enjoy making fun of bad TV. And True Blood is bad TV.

Anyone who stuck with the show for those last few seasons couldn’t have expected anything better.
Wife and I just finished season 3 and the plot is already disastering. But an explanation of True Blood is in order.

True Blood was obviously written by someone who regularly writes wholesome movies for Hallmark. There's the know-it-all mystery-solving female star who's quick to condemn others, the best friend who's a social misfit, the brother who's a total dumbass but nice guy.

The changes to the usual Hallmark plot and setting are: it's in a poor part of the Deep South, there are vampires, then.. there's vampire blood which is easily available that has the effect of Cocaine/LSD/steroids, then.. there are werewolves, then.. there are shapeshifters, then... there are maenads (I swear someone looked up "mythical creatures with great power" and wrote the whole plot), then... the vampires have a political power structure and battles, then... there are witches, then... there are fairies, then... I don't know, thats where we are at the end of season 3. Oh, and lots of characters get nekkid lots of times which is nice.

** she drinks blood **
Virginal-looking main character: "Why didn't you save me sooner, you undead SOB?"

I'm going to stick around for as much of seasons 4-7 as my wife wants to watch because she loves vampires and we both enjoy making fun of bad TV. And True Blood is bad TV.

It gets pretty terrible. Do a shot every time someone does the vampire teeth out “Snikt!” and then hiss at each other

It does have a good intro song and some good boobs at least

** she drinks blood **

It gets pretty terrible. Do a shot every time someone does the vampire teeth out “Snikt!” and then hiss at each other

It's fun bad.

"Soookeeeeh!"

IMO :love:

The last two (maybe more) seasons are absolutely atrocious. Tough to enjoy even as camp/bad TV. We watched the whole thing during its original run because my wife likes vampires and I like boobz.

The last two (maybe more) seasons are absolutely atrocious. Tough to enjoy even as camp/bad TV. We watched the whole thing during its original run because my wife likes vampires and I like boobz.
So much this. I actually liked S1 and the murder mystery aspect of it. I think around S4 is when it really starts going off the rails with werepanthers and fairies and crap. We watched it just because it was a rare show we watched together, but at the end neither of us were that into it, it was just a habit.

I've started on Superbro on Netflix. It's really bad. So bad that it's almost good again (but not quite). Like, Trailer Park Boys bad, but much worse.

Tulsa King premiere was last night and it was entertaining enough that I am in for the season.

Some pretty funny but predictable fish out of water (or recently released from prison mobster relocated to OK out of water) bits.

The reveal at the end will be interesting to see how they play it out.

Add Andrea Savage to the "attractive women pushing 50" thread if that is still around.

I watched the first episode of this. Its not exactly Mad Men, but I'll keep watching. I was entertained.

** she drinks blood **

It's fun bad.

"Soookeeeeh!"
Wife and I finished it out during the original run, just so bad but campy hilarious most of the time. Enough quirky characters and over the top ridiculous to make it fun but also a lot of shaking my head like "my god these writers are so moronic." But as you said, at least it's fun campy, not overly sad or takes itself too serious bad like those later seasons of Walking Dead/Dexter. That being said the final season of True Blood did stray into that range unfortunately, lots of characters getting killed off, suddenly trying to be a serious show instead of campy fun. It needed to end when it did.

** she drinks blood **

It's fun bad.

"Soookeeeeh!"
Wife and I finished it out during the original run, just so bad but campy hilarious most of the time. Enough quirky characters and over the top ridiculous to make it fun but also a lot of shaking my head like "my god these writers are so moronic." But as you said, at least it's fun campy, not overly sad or takes itself too serious bad like those later seasons of Walking Dead/Dexter. That being said the final season of True Blood did stray into that range unfortunately, lots of characters getting killed off, suddenly trying to be a serious show instead of campy fun. It needed to end when it did.
I heard they planned a season 8 but the idea of shape shifting breasts didn't play well with focus groups.

** she drinks blood **

It's fun bad.

"Soookeeeeh!"
I heard they planned a season 8 but the idea of shape shifting breasts didn't play well with focus groups.
That was already done in the 80"s. H.O.T.S.

Aubrey Plaza on the white lotus is the only reason I've liked season two so far
Sidney Sweeney wasn't enough to save season1 so don't get your hopes up. I thought season 1 was awful. Bunch of superfficial inch-deep problems of wealthy people, none of whom portrayed characters worth giving a crap about, except possibly the son and the woman working the spa who was left cash instead of human involvement. What a shallow crappy season 1 was. Season 2 might be better but it's not on my list of things I want to watch.

Season 2 might be better but it's not on my list of things I want to watch.
If you hated season 1 then Season 2 isn't going to change your mind. I was disappointed with season 1 based on all the hype it was getting and season 2 is the same feel with a different characters. I keep waiting for something to happen or something to click but it just does nothing. I don't know why I keep watching. Probably because I keep hoping to see what I am missing (compared to what everyone else seems to like in it).

I basically liked season 1 of White Lotus. It wasn't the type of show I would typically watch (dramedy) and the social commentary was way too didactic, but there was just enough suspense and dark comedy to keep my attention through six episodes. Totally okay change-of-pace.

Watched the first two episodes of season 2 last night and now I'm not sure that I'll bother to stick with it.

Users who are viewing this thread