What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Survivor Season 44 starts on page 5 (1 Viewer)

So Dwight went home with Jeannine's immunity bracelet? Nice
I was hoping they’d mention it. I saw her reaching but it wouldn’t be surprising to see that being editing and she got it back. They tend to do that sometimes. Maybe make us think it’s gone and bring it back into play. Maybe I’m wrong but it seemed purposeful to show her reaching and I don’t recall seeing either of them confirm he still has it in the previews or exit interview.

There is a Q&A over at ew.com where Dalton asked Probst about this. She cannot get the idol back once votes are starting to be read.
That was my other thought. I felt like they were intentionally not showing any discussion about it. What you said, once she gave it she couldn’t get it back also crossed my mind. Otherwise, any blindsided person would give their HIIs or advantages to any allies who didn’t screw them.
Damn it, I was right. They did seem to just gloss over Jeanine’s idol and I felt like that was intentional to not bring up that maybe it wasn’t gone. I love that Dwight gave it to Jesse without even telling her.

I wonder if this season won’t be much of a surprise to us and they dove in on Owen and Jeanine and Sami and Gabler to keep it interesting. It feels like Cody, Karla and Jesse are doing the best so far and not really pissing people off. It feels like James may draw the ire of people soon.

very smart of Jesse to not say anything to anyone about having that idol
I would like to know if Jesse turned the vote on Dwight before he handed him the idol or after. If after, it’s one of the most savage moves in the show’s history.
Gotta think if it was after, they would have shown plotting to get rid of dwight FOR that reason
Yeah, I think Jesse just got lucky that Dwight still trusted his alliance. Cody was the one who had been on the Dwight must go train before the merge. Jesse had still acted like he was Dwight’s friend. I’m sure he didn’t fight voting for Dwight knowing he’d keep the idol but I do think Dwight was already the target due to Cody.

I'd guess that this season marks the end of people just willy-nilly handing their idols and other advantages to other people to avoid the "Knowledge is Power" advantage

I'd guess that this season marks the end of people just willy-nilly handing their idols and other advantages to other people to avoid the "Knowledge is Power" advantage
Might take another season as I thought usually they were already filming the next season when the current season is being shown.

I like KIP advantage if it gets players to stop blabbing about their finds as much as they have in recent seasons. Obvious downsides of blabbing don’t seem to be enough, and more secrecy leads to better entertainment IMHO.

So Karla flips on James, Jesse and Cody notice so they deduce that they can get Ryan out and it shouldn't piss Karla off. Will be interesting to see how things progress from here.

I know Jesse and Cody each have a HII (well, assuming Jesse gave Cody's back to him). Does anyone else have a HII or another power? Seems like there is a 3rd HII, but I can't remember who has it.

So Karla flips on James, Jesse and Cody notice so they deduce that they can get Ryan out and it shouldn't piss Karla off. Will be interesting to see how things progress from here.
I don’t get why Karla flipped. I think that was a bad move on her part. She has an idol that no one know about but she’s ridiculously lucky that Cody/Jesse didn’t do what they said they’d do and vote off Cass.

Karla only had to mention to James that Noelle was flipping and James takes her steal a vote and votes off maybe even Sami as a threat. Noelle and Owen aren’t much of a threat without an advantage.

Just a weird result because Karla really had a runway to the end with a tight 3 (Sami ain’t tight) as well as a tight 5 with Cody and Jesse. Pick off Noelle, Owen and Gabler and then use your idol to ensure you are in final 4. Cass would have gone with her over James. Now, she’s got Cass but Cody/Jesse won’t trust her and they can get Noelle and maybe Gabler and Owen. Sami is too much of a wildcard/threat now.

I don’t get why Karla flipped. I think that was a bad move on her part. She has an idol that no one know about but she’s ridiculously lucky that Cody/Jesse didn’t do what they said they’d do and vote off Cass.

Karla only had to mention to James that Noelle was flipping and James takes her steal a vote and votes off maybe even Sami as a threat. Noelle and Owen aren’t much of a threat without an advantage.

Just a weird result because Karla really had a runway to the end with a tight 3 (Sami ain’t tight) as well as a tight 5 with Cody and Jesse. Pick off Noelle, Owen and Gabler and then use your idol to ensure you are in final 4. Cass would have gone with her over James. Now, she’s got Cass but Cody/Jesse won’t trust her and they can get Noelle and maybe Gabler and Owen. Sami is too much of a wildcard/threat now.
I think she wants to work with Sami more going forward

That boggles my mind. How did she not understand that Sami, Noelle and Owen already hatched a plan for James. Why would anyone want to be number 4 and also risk Cody/Jesse and maybe Cass because she flipped on James?

There are 8 people left now and Karla would have had a super tight 3 and 5 had she told James about the plan and likely not needed her idol until the last day it can be played. Telling James also would have had the exact same result of steal a vote and knowledge is power being gone.

She decided to go with it but now 3 of her tight 5 are likely not so trustworthy because none of them have great bonds with Sami. Owen and Noelle aren’t exactly her loyal friends and Gabler is a wildcard but he seems loyal to Cody now.

We’ll see how it plays out but it was a big move, just not sure she can take credit for it and not sure she’s in a good place now.

That boggles my mind. How did she not understand that Sami, Noelle and Owen already hatched a plan for James. Why would anyone want to be number 4 and also risk Cody/Jesse and maybe Cass because she flipped on James?

There are 8 people left now and Karla would have had a super tight 3 and 5 had she told James about the plan and likely not needed her idol until the last day it can be played. Telling James also would have had the exact same result of steal a vote and knowledge is power being gone.

She decided to go with it but now 3 of her tight 5 are likely not so trustworthy because none of them have great bonds with Sami. Owen and Noelle aren’t exactly her loyal friends and Gabler is a wildcard but he seems loyal to Cody now.

We’ll see how it plays out but it was a big move, just not sure she can take credit for it and not sure she’s in a good place now.
I would guess that she was being concerned about just being viewed as James' lackey, especially if they both made it to the end. Probably too early, but she probably thought that she needed him gone before the end to win.

At first I thought Sami going to Karla was going to blow the whole plan. They had 3 of 5, no need for more and no need to risk Karla going to James. If she had, James could have used his advantage to steal Cass's steal and get the majority.

I guess he had a great read on the situation and knew Karla would go along with it and not blow it up. Crazy call but credit to him.

Would've preferred Owen going home but don't mind James leaving. Originally I liked him but he turned kind of toolish the last couple episodes. Turned into a drama king during his argument with Owen,was a little too cocky and smug about running things and then was a really sore loser after being voted out.

I would guess that she was being concerned about just being viewed as James' lackey, especially if they both made it to the end. Probably too early, but she probably thought that she needed him gone before the end to win.
Way too early especially because she would have forced James to use his advantage to get out Noelle’s steal a vote. Then Karla has the only idol/advantage between her, James and Cass. Sami has flopped all over and he, Owen and Noelle already planned James’ exit. Just crazy that she thought that was a better scenario than status quo, especially now that Cody and Jesse are thinking she backstabbed James.

Just weird because it’s not her move so she can’t claim it as a big move. Seems like a huge risk and a drop in the pecking order.

At first I thought Sami going to Karla was going to blow the whole plan. They had 3 of 5, no need for more and no need to risk Karla going to James. If she had, James could have used his advantage to steal Cass's steal and get the majority.

I guess he had a great read on the situation and knew Karla would go along with it and not blow it up. Crazy call but credit to him.
Me too. I thought it was perfect for Karla to turn it around on him and get rid of Sami as a huge threat and maintain the shiels of James. It would have still remove the two advantages as well.

She may have seen it like a Shan/Ricard situation. They were going to have to come for each other before the end, so she decided to make the first move.

She may have seen it like a Shan/Ricard situation. They were going to have to come for each other before the end, so she decided to make the first move.
I get that he was a threat but Ricard made the move. She didn’t make the move so if she tried to take credit for it at the final tribal she’d get shot down. Sami, Nicole and Owen made the move and Sami brought her in to help his game. Also, I don’t think she’s even in a good position right now. She’s got an idol but so do Cody and Jesse and she may have blown up her last real allies. It’s interesting now, could go anywhere.

The postmerge hasn't been the most dynamic, but I thought this past episode was very good. Here's how I rank the chances of winning for the seven remaining players.

1. Jesse. He appears to be running the show, he has two idols (we haven't seen him give Cody his idol back) and he has been shown to be the most shrewd strategist of the season. We are also getting a lot of confessionals from him when he is not heavily involved in an episode's narrative, which is a treatment the editors sometimes give to winners. I think he is the winner or the Final Boss that the eventual winner takes out (like Omar in 42).

2. Cassidy. She is not driving the strategy (though the edit showed her being the first one to suggest booting Noelle), but we are getting strategic confessionals from her at relevant AND irrelevant times. She has occasionally been targeted, but does not appear to be perceived as a threat to the same extent Jesse, Cody, Karla and even Sami are. She's still around because of her social game but we are always hearing about what she thinks strategically -- why is that? Perhaps because she wins or plays a major role in the outcome of the season.

3. Gabler. In the premerge we were asked to view Gabler as kind of a buffoon. Maybe that was because that's how Elie perceived him, and that was how the editors wanted to set up their confrontation at the fake merge. Whatever the reason, the show has asked us to take him a lot more seriously since the Elie boot, first with the inspirational trappings given to his challenge win, then with strategic confessionals about how he's going to lay low for a bit, and then with the reveal at the end of the last episode that he had caught on to what Jesse and Cody are doing and might be cooking something up with Karla to do something about it. His edit has continued to follow the arc that Maryanne's did, and we know what happened there.

4. Karla. She had a spectacular premerge, where she was shown to be the fulcrum of the Coco tribe and was the only one to keep her ownership of an idol hidden. But we haven't heard a whole lot from her since then. Then she lost her closest ally in James, followed by the show revealing that Jesse has concluded she has an idol, and then by being the target of Noelle's plan that was thwarted. None of these are good signs for her. But she has continued to play an excellent social game.

5. Cody. He was a major character of the premerge, but we haven't heard a whole lot from him since the merge. He is part of the most powerful remaining duo in the game, but it looks like the rest of the cast will be catching on to that soon. And if that duo gets turned on, I suspect Cody will be targeted first over Jesse because he is known to have gotten the Vesi idol and he is likely perceived as more of a challenge threat and a social threat. He's definitely got a good chance to win if he gets to FTC, but I suspect his chances of getting there are not great.

6. Sami. I think last episode showed his chances of winning are almost none. He overplayed himself out of contention. The rest of the cast has caught on to his flip-flopping and no one trusts him anymore. Plus there is precedent for some casts not taking very young players seriously, regardless of whether they lie about their age.

7. Owen. He has been depicted as needy, desperate and obsessed with voting correctly (which he rarely ever does) throughout the postmerge. The show never edits winners like that. This characterization even existed in the premerge, where he was shown as desperate to act as the swing vote on Baka until we were told that Elie and Jeanine viewed Sami, not him, as the swing vote and their closest male ally. He has no shot of winning and stands a good chance of being dragged to FTC to be the zero-vote finalist.

I just watched it. I could not have been more wrong on who would have won the Last Gasp. That was quite a performance. I thought Cody would win so that wasn't awful as he was mid pack. I laughed when he picked Owen. My pick would have been Gabler, who seems to be gritty and perform well under pressure. My first 3 out would have been Karla, Cass, and Owen, the actual final 3. Another good episode, I've enjoyed the season. Sami did all he could with the shot in the dark. Here are my rankings:

1. Jesse - Just very observant and strategic. Gets along well with many people. People see how strong he is though and willing to cut a throat.
2. Karla - Super impressed all season with her game play, always remains calm. Only big mistake was telling Cassidy about the idol.
3. Owen - Until last episode's epic display, he was goat (not GOAT) material. Wrong on every vote. At some point people are going to drag him along, or think they are. He has a good chance to make Final Four and then its anyone's game at Tribal. He made a directed comment to Noelle (who acknowledged it) saying "I had no idea they were going for you. I think Noelle would vote for Owen and may drag an easily influencable Ryan with her. He could get votes.
4. Gabler - This vote is along the Owen trail. I think he is so awkward people don't view him as a threat and will let him make Final 4.
5. Cody - Breaks my heart, he annoyed me at first but really grew on me. I think people see him as a threat and we know Jesse doesn't mind cutting people. I don't think he makes Final 4.
6. Cass - Karla is also willing to cut people, especially the one who knows she has an idol. She was already on the bottom and I don't think she makes Final 4 either.

Well it played out just like I thought, he even used the throat cutter terminology. Just not sure why Cody would give the idol back.

That was the best episode of the "new era". And Jesse is the best player of the "new era."

Since he still has Janine's idol, he's winning if he wins F4 immunity or wins fire (or somehow convinces the F4 immunity winner to take him to F3). So I think this episode is going to be the peak of the season. Next week's finale could be anticlimactic if Jesse is not the firemaking loser.

The played idol had zero bearing on the result. Cody wasn't gonna play it (don't know why he even gave it back to Jesse), and he got 4 votes. Jesse could have just kept it in his pocket and Cody would have still went home.

Using the idol was for the shock factor, and everyone will remember it, so mission accomplished. The jury had quite a reaction to it, so...

The played idol had zero bearing on the result. Cody wasn't gonna play it (don't know why he even gave it back to Jesse), and he got 4 votes. Jesse could have just kept it in his pocket and Cody would have still went home.

Using the idol was for the shock factor, and everyone will remember it, so mission accomplished. The jury had quite a reaction to it, so...
He also stated that he thought it would prod Karla to play her idol, which it did.

Once Karla played her idol, Cody would have played his if he had it.

Hopefully next week we'll be shown why Cody gave his idol back to Jesse.

Yeah, I don't think Jesse would've used an idol for Owen if he thought there was a chance Cody would use his. As a bonus, the rest of the tribe probably thinks Cody's idol left with him and won't expect Jesse to have 1 for the next vote.
This season started out slow but really picked up the last 3 episodes of so.

That TC only makes sense if Cody gave his idol back to Jesse, which in and of itself is a colossal blunder. Why would he possibly give his idol to anyone at this stage of the game? Loyalty? Has he not seen any seasons of this show?

If he did have his idol and chose not to play it, even after everyone else played theirs... dumbest moment since that kid gave his necklace to Parvati? The vote would be down to him or Gabe. He definitely gave it back to Jesse. Question is why?

They made a point to show us the jury acknowledging "Jesse did that." Puts him at the top of the probable winner list.

To pour salt in the wound, Jesse played Cody's idol for Owen (it appeared). Cody can only be mad at himself.

Yeah, I don't think Jesse would've used an idol for Owen if he thought there was a chance Cody would use his. As a bonus, the rest of the tribe probably thinks Cody's idol left with him and won't expect Jesse to have 1 for the next vote.
This season started out slow but really picked up the last 3 episodes of so.
The Dwight and Jeanine boot episodes weren't great, but I've liked all the others. And the last three have been excellent.

The more I think about it, I feel like if Jesse doesn't win F4 immunity, whoever does needs to give it up and try to take him out at fire. The jury has to see Jesse as by far the biggest threat, and if he is not there at FTC, they will give major props to the person that took him out. Winning F4 immunity gives you the right to be that person if you want to be, and in this case I think you should. In Owen's case this is the only way I think he can win.

That TC only makes sense if Cody gave his idol back to Jesse, which in and of itself is a colossal blunder. Why would he possibly give his idol to anyone at this stage of the game? Loyalty? Has he not seen any seasons of this show?

If he did have his idol and chose not to play it, even after everyone else played theirs... dumbest moment since that kid gave his necklace to Parvati? The vote would be down to him or Gabe. He definitely gave it back to Jesse. Question is why?

They made a point to show us the jury acknowledging "Jesse did that." Puts him at the top of the probable winner list.

To pour salt in the wound, Jesse played Cody's idol for Owen (it appeared). Cody can only be mad at himself.
The idol Jesse played had red beads, which means it was Cody's. Jeanine's idol that Jesse got via Dwight has yellow beads.

He also stated that he thought it would prod Karla to play her idol, which it did.
Yep. They showed Jesse talking about that. They have def edited him to look like a winner this season.

They will. It will be just like earlier this season when Cody was trying to get the beads for his idol. There was one holdout, don't remember who, so going into tribal we didn't know if he had the idol or not. At some point they did a flashback showing how he causally got the last bead. I'd think we'll see something similar next week with how Jesse got it back.

Props to Jesse for getting it back. Asking for it without making Cody suspicious seemed like a tough task. I'm curious to see how he pulled it off.

Users who are viewing this thread