What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Survivor Season 44 starts on page 5 (1 Viewer)

:lmao: They telegraphed right at the beginning that Matt was going to get voted out and then twisted and teased exactly how it would crumble for him the whole episode. It was like watching Final Destination or something

The need girl could have saved her boyfriend if she just dropped out after she was last on her squad in the challenge. Bad move on her part.

The need girl could have saved her boyfriend if she just dropped out after she was last on her squad in the challenge. Bad move on her part.

I was yelling at the TV! Of course, she didn't see the edit we did where Matt said at the beginning of the episode that he was feeling really good about his position. Death knell.

By the way, the person who won the late advantage tonight is someone who I swear has not been in this show before. Where did she come from?

Are there any other words that start with a Y but pronounced like the letter J? Yam Yam = Jam Jam? WTF.
That was throwing me off from the beginning. He had to tell everyone how to spell his name because it always gets written as yam yam but they call him jam jam

I was yelling at the TV! Of course, she didn't see the edit we did where Matt said at the beginning of the episode that he was feeling really good about his position. Death knell.

By the way, the person who won the late advantage tonight is someone who I swear has not been in this show before. Where did she come from?
I didn't really remember her either

Well, that was a rather heartbreaking vote off. Matt seems like a genuinely nice guy and handled his send off very well. Yam Yam also presented himself well during the "what have you learned about yourself" portion. Probably the right strategic call by the 3 however. They picked up Yam Yam's loyalty along with Carolyn.

Poor Frannie, I hope she doesn't blame herself. In hindsight, she probably could have looked over and saw that Matt was outnumbered and she had an easy voteoff on her team with Carolyn, but it didn't dawn on me to do that from the comfort of my own home so I can't expect that food and sleep deprived people out there would do the same. I hope they get together in real life.
I think Kane might have been the boot instead of Carolyn if Frannie's team lost, because Carolyn is not seen as a threat and Kane might be. And yes, you can't expect these people in these conditions to think outside of the moment and make optimal decisions.

As to your last sentence
they are still together.

Every season there are one or two people who don't get featured much in the edit, either because not much interesting happens with them, they're not good at confessionals, there's not enough time to develop everyone's storyline*, or a combination thereof. Heidi is one of those people this season.

What we have seen:
She made fire after she got tired of waiting for Danny to come back and do it.
Her closest ally is Danny.
She wanted both Soka pairs (her/Danny and Matt/Frannie) to work together at the merge.
She distrusted Josh (as did everyone who was on a tribe with him.)
She bonded with Lauren (the other "invisible" player) in last week's episode.
And that was pretty much it before this week.

* - Rumor is that next season will be 90-minute episodes to help with this. But it has been rumored before and not come to pass. However, a writers' strike is looming, and the networks lean heavily on reality shows when that happens.

Every season there are one or two people who don't get featured much in the edit, either because not much interesting happens with them, they're not good at confessionals, there's not enough time to develop everyone's storyline*, or a combination thereof. Heidi is one of those people this season.

What we have seen:
She made fire after she got tired of waiting for Danny to come back and do it.
Her closest ally is Danny.
She wanted both Soka pairs (her/Danny and Matt/Frannie) to work together at the merge.
She distrusted Josh (as did everyone who was on a tribe with him.)
She bonded with Lauren (the other "invisible" player) in last week's episode.
And that was pretty much it before this week.

Exactly. You have your two most entertaining players going to tribal almost every week, hard to develop others.

Well, that was a rather heartbreaking vote off. Matt seems like a genuinely nice guy and handled his send off very well. Yam Yam also presented himself well during the "what have you learned about yourself" portion. Probably the right strategic call by the 3 however. They picked up Yam Yam's loyalty along with Carolyn.

Poor Frannie, I hope she doesn't blame herself. In hindsight, she probably could have looked over and saw that Matt was outnumbered and she had an easy voteoff on her team with Carolyn, but it didn't dawn on me to do that from the comfort of my own home so I can't expect that food and sleep deprived people out there would do the same. I hope they get together in real life.
I agree Matt seems like a genuinely nice guy and he and Frannie seem like a good match....but Matt being so nice and "developing relationships with almost everybody" actually seemed to swing a few votes to be put on him....I think Brandon mentioned that he had friends in the new little tribe and friends that were sitting on the jury bench for this tribal....and that if he made it through he would easily have a "team/options" of people to work with and that made him a threat.....

I am not going to feel real sorry for Matt and Frannie....they violated like rule #3 on survivor....don't pair/hook up/go goo goo over each other.....you have to have Boston Rob level survivor game to pull that off....they don't....and now we will get to hear all the "I may have lost at game of Survivor, but I won at the game of love and that's worth way more than a million.....:rolleyes:

Last edited:
For all the talk of resume building these days, that was the safest possible play of the steal a vote. The only 2 people that will be upset are cookoo lady and 2 vote girl. Should have made 2 vote girl vote for herself. 😈

For all the talk of resume building these days, that was the safest possible play of the steal a vote. The only 2 people that will be upset are cookoo lady and 2 vote girl. Should have made 2 vote girl vote for herself. 😈
I was somewhat turned around on how that "advantage" could be used in any way that involved coordination with Matt/Jam Jam voting - if they were not able to communicate a plan or get agreement they were along with a plan. I guess the strategy was Matt/Jam Jam would/could understand and confer between themselves momentarily before casting their votes? Struck me as an anti-advantage where the holder had no actual ability to implement any plan and only actually puts him/herself out on a limb.

Hadn't thought of that! I wonder if under the rules she could've made her vote for herself? If so Matt and Yam Jam probably would've voted for her too and she would be going home

Hadn't thought of that! I wonder if under the rules she could've made her vote for herself? If so Matt and Yam Jam probably would've voted for her too and she would be going home
She would have used her extra vote to make it 3-3. Then Yam Yam flips on Matt in a heartbeat in the revote.

She would have used her extra vote to make it 3-3. Then Yam Yam flips on Matt in a heartbeat in the revote.
Correct. But maximum entertainment value achieved.

Does anyone have a reliable height for Jeff Probst? The internet has him at 5'11", but there is no way that is accurate. Every camera shot either has him alone or at an awkward angle so that it is impossible to determine.
About 10 years ago I was in a lineup with my sons for a ride at Legoland. The guy in front of us standing with a woman and young child looked familiar and I realized it was Probst.
I'm about 5' 10" and I would have said we were about the same height or I was slightly taller. That's all I have.

Knowing that Yam-Yam and Matt were going to vote for each other, she chould have told one of the other ones to vote for Lauren. Might have gotten yam -yam & Matt to see a way out since they both seemed to like each other and maybe one of the others joins them. :shrug:

Knowing that Yam-Yam and Matt were going to vote for each other, she chould have told one of the other ones to vote for Lauren. Might have gotten yam -yam & Matt to see a way out since they both seemed to like each other and maybe one of the others joins them. :shrug:

She said she was considering this idea IIRC, but, because Matt was so well-connected and well-liked, letting him through didn't seem to serve her game plan.

I still the threesome of Carson, Carolyn and jam jam make it to final.
I could see this. The theme being Carson carries them.

Carolyn then snaps her fingers at the final Tribal Council pulls some Keyer Sose **** and reveals she has Verbal Kent this whole act and is the true mastermind!

Carolyn then snaps her fingers at the final Tribal Council pulls some Keyer Sose **** and reveals she has Verbal Kent this whole act and is the true mastermind!
Probably involves taking out Carson at F5 or in fire. She could potentially beat Yam Yam, but who else would need to sit with her? Jamie?

Probably involves taking out Carson at F5 or in fire. She could potentially beat Yam Yam, but who else would need to sit with her? Jamie?
Lots of goats to drag.

I think everyone right now wants her in the final with them. She needs to make a couple moves, not completely freak everyone out over the next couple weeks, then tell her story of addiction and raining a kid etc.

It‘s possible…but unlikely 😀

She was the one I couldn't remember! Lauren!

This episode is EXACTLY how I've wanted them to do an entire season. Everyone starts on one beach, then when you go to the IC, you draw for teams. You have to quickly access if winning the IC is the best thing or not. Does your temp group have the numbers. Or does the other group have better numbers.

Would make for a very interesting season to do this the whole time.

This episode is EXACTLY how I've wanted them to do an entire season. Everyone starts on one beach, then when you go to the IC, you draw for teams. You have to quickly access if winning the IC is the best thing or not. Does your temp group have the numbers. Or does the other group have better numbers.

do you start with less people, or just dump 24 or however many people on that beach?

They did that one season.. South America if I recall correctly.. All at same camp... Not sure if it was the cast, the place or the game at that time but what I do recall was lots of :yawn:

They did that one season.. South America if I recall correctly.. All at same camp... Not sure if it was the cast, the place or the game at that time but what I do recall was lots of :yawn:
One World, which (so I've heard because I've not seen it) has one of the worst casts ever, both in terms of vile behavior and dullness.

That advantage kind of sucked and determined nothing. Taking the vote of someone that doesn’t stop them from using their extra vote? What’s the point? Doing it before the vote as well when everyone else hasn’t voted yet?

So many better ways to introduce it IMHO. In this case, it didn’t even affect which of the two clearly going home people went home. Wow, cool crazy advantage changing a vote from 4-1 to 3-2. Tough to let the entire tribe know when two people have idols and another has an extra vote that wasn’t touched. I’m still in the camp that there are way too many advantages out there when a super merge one does less than nothing.

:shrug: Sometimes a twist or advantage winds up in the hands of someone that doesn't want to upset the status quo. We often see people complain that the show seems so contrived and that producers are affecting the game too much when an advantage winds up saving someone who was about to get voted out. But it just seems that way... sometimes because of editing, sometimes because of random chance. This one didn't upset the apple cart, not every one does have to upend the game.

:shrug: Sometimes a twist or advantage winds up in the hands of someone that doesn't want to upset the status quo. We often see people complain that the show seems so contrived and that producers are affecting the game too much when an advantage winds up saving someone who was about to get voted out. But it just seems that way... sometimes because of editing, sometimes because of random chance. This one didn't upset the apple cart, not every one does have to upend the game.
Umm, it actually hurt their game. Soka is in more trouble now. She voted for Yam Yam which could bring their 3 to Ratu for a bit. I have no clue where the yoga lady leans but Tika 3 can swing the majority and now Soka has voted for Yam Yam and Ratu has voted with him. Not sure how you can say this didn’t upset the apple cart. Soka is in trouble IMHO. They needed to save Matt by trying to play it to at a minimum get rid of some advantages. It wasn’t played well even if I think it was kind of useless due to the restrictions.

Not really. They did all start on the same beach, but they did not randomly do teams each IC. Think they were 2 groups just living together. Can't fully remember though.

do you start with less people, or just dump 24 or however many people on that beach?
Doesn't matter to me. I would say start with the same number they always do, but that is open to change.

Not really. They did all start on the same beach, but they did not randomly do teams each IC. Think they were 2 groups just living together. Can't fully remember though.
Your idea is close to mine..
Two separate tribes, two camps, but the old swicharoo happens every 3 days.. Lose, go to TC, next day drop your buffs!!

The chances of forming a strong alliance goes out the door turning it into a real game of "lone survivor". :popcorn:

Brandon had a graceful exit, especially after a shock he did not see coming. I thought Danny's scenario was most likely, when Yam Yam knew Danny had an idol and was told they were playing it for Frannie. Not sure if Yam Yam didn't think that was an important piece of information to pass on or what. I would have had a hard time following through with what Danny did, but it paid off. In that scenario I would think votes are coming my way, so I'd have to play it for myself.

Kane foreshadowing that it isn't anyone on his tribe winning lol. Time for a listing of odds of winners:

1. Carson - Well liked by all and plays a thoughtful, controlled game
  2. Carolyn - Can't really believe I'm putting her here, but I do think the tribe will continue to underestimate her and never make her the target. I don't think she's much of a challenge threat.
  3. Yam Yam - I think the winner will come from the 3 stooges, though I think Yam Yam is the least likely. Want to drop him lower but I think the edit is in his favor to make a Final Four.
  4. Frannie - I really want to list her higher, but she has rightly been identified as a strong, strategic, and social player. She quickly picked up the target tonight and won't have an idol to save her every night.
  5. Heidi - Smart player, under the radar, very capable
  6. Jamie - Another player who doesn't seem likely to get the target put on her
  7. Lauren - Had a nice immunity win but I'm not sure she has the social connections to carry her far
  8. Danny - Very good at the challenges, but he can't win them all. He hasn't endeared himself to the tribe (except for Frannie) and I think he'll get voted out in the next few episodes
  9. Kane - He may not be the next out but I don't think he has much of a chance to go all the way. I think his confessional was the kiss of death. And for whatever reason I just haven't liked him the whole season.
I definitely have 2 rooting favorites in Frannie and Carson. I'm good with Carolyn (surprisingly), Jamie, Danny, and Heidi. Completely neutral on Lauren. Yam Yam annoys me. Not a fan of Kane.

It looks like yam yam chose to act like he never was told about the idol, so he wouldn't piss off either brandons tribe or Danny's tribe. It looks like he had no interest in fully joining up with Danny's tribe, because he'd always be 5th in the pecking order.

My brother and I have a good laugh about Kane every week....because he actually looks like the WWF (it will always be the WWF to me, screw the pandas) wrestler of the same name.

I fully expect Paul Bearer to show up on the island for a loved one visit next week

It looks like yam yam chose to act like he never was told about the idol, so he wouldn't piss off either brandons tribe or Danny's tribe. It looks like he had no interest in fully joining up with Danny's tribe, because he'd always be 5th in the pecking order.
Exactly. He was playing the middle, as were all of the Tikas.

I think that was exactly what he did. He can still say he was loyal to Ratu while knowing Danny was going to save Frannie.

Fell behind for a week or two, now caught up:

1. The control a vote thing was a mess, due to a mix of the advantage not being as cool as it should be and the person using it being pretty meh. It's super easily overcome by the extra vote which was pretty meh - should be control a player, and they can only vote for who you say. Can't force the extra vote, but if they use it, they have to vote same way too, Then the plan is way more interesting - you have Lauren vote for Brandon or Jamie, hope Matt and Yam Yam understand and do the same, and now you've had impact.

2. People telling other people about idols is and always will be overdone and basically always stupid. Danny only had to tell Frannie, or honestly tell nobody, and the play is WAY more likely to succeed and WAY more impactful on his game. The other thing they could do then was just be like yo 6 > 4 if we all just vote for one of them. Then if you sense thats failing, THEN you play the idol on Frannie.

Brandon had a graceful exit, especially after a shock he did not see coming. I thought Danny's scenario was most likely, when Yam Yam knew Danny had an idol and was told they were playing it for Frannie. Not sure if Yam Yam didn't think that was an important piece of information to pass on or what. I would have had a hard time following through with what Danny did, but it paid off. In that scenario I would think votes are coming my way, so I'd have to play it for myself.

Kane foreshadowing that it isn't anyone on his tribe winning lol. Time for a listing of odds of winners:

2. Carolyn - Can't really believe I'm putting her here, but I do think the tribe will continue to underestimate her and never make her the target. I don't think she's much of a challenge threat.
  3. Yam Yam - I think the winner will come from the 3 stooges, though I think Yam Yam is the least likely. Want to drop him lower but I think the edit is in his favor to make a Final Four.
  4. Frannie - I really want to list her higher, but she has rightly been identified as a strong, strategic, and social player. She quickly picked up the target tonight and won't have an idol to save her every night.
  7. Lauren - Had a nice immunity win but I'm not sure she has the social connections to carry her far
  8. Danny - Very good at the challenges, but he can't win them all. He hasn't endeared himself to the tribe (except for Frannie) and I think he'll get voted out in the next few episodes
  9. Kane - He may not be the next out but I don't think he has much of a chance to go all the way. I think his confessional was the kiss of death. And for whatever reason I just haven't liked him the whole season.
I definitely have 2 rooting favorites in Frannie and Carson. I'm good with Carolyn (surprisingly), Jamie, Danny, and Heidi. Completely neutral on Lauren. Yam Yam annoys me. Not a fan of Kane.
Producers did a pretty good job last night, I wasn't sure where the vote was going to end up. I thought the vote may end up on Jamie with the way they focused on giving up the idol so I should have guessed it was plan 2, her idol going home with Kane. Even though I didn't like Kane for most of the season, this last episode actually put him in a pretty good light.

I'm never giving my idol/advantage up in one of those situations. Too easy for the person who gets it to just keep it.

Producers did a pretty good job last night, I wasn't sure where the vote was going to end up. I thought the vote may end up on Jamie with the way they focused on giving up the idol so I should have guessed it was plan 2, her idol going home with Kane. Even though I didn't like Kane for most of the season, this last episode actually put him in a pretty good light.

I'm never giving my idol/advantage up in one of those situations. Too easy for the person who gets it to just keep it.
Did she give him both idols? I don’t think she did and I have no clue which one she gave him since she thought both were real.

Also, did Jaime even tell anyone about her idols? I don’t recall her telling anyone and rock climbing/falling guy is gone and I don’t think he said anything.

Yeah I thought Danny was going for sure. Still guessing Carson wins

Yea, producers did better this week. I thought for with Yam Yam's "every that voted for me is gone" at the beginning of the show made me think he was gone. This was the first time Carolyn came off as not as much of a nut case.. Still think she is :loco: but they put a different light on her for this week.

Did she give him both idols? I don’t think she did and I have no clue which one she gave him since she thought both were real.

Also, did Jaime even tell anyone about her idols? I don’t recall her telling anyone and rock climbing/falling guy is gone and I don’t think he said anything.
Jamie didn’t have a real idol (I don’t think). I think she had the fake one that Matthew planted. I think the only idol in play right now is the one Lauren found in the last episode.

Jamie didn’t have a real idol (I don’t think). I think she had the fake one that Matthew planted. I think the only idol in play right now is the one Lauren found in the last episode.
Heidi found that idol, not Lauren.

Carolyn still has the Tika birdcage idol.

Users who are viewing this thread