What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Greg Dulcich, DEN (2 Viewers)

being criminally misused by Payton

IMO

don’t hold any shares but in another system this guy could be Sam Laporta (sans the blocking aspect)

And the ability to actually stay on the field. Guys always hurting his hammy

Welp Sam is hurt rn so jury is out on that front

But yeah Dulcich lacks the most important ability (consistent availability)

The irony of my statement did dawn on me as I was typing that in light of the calf injury for LaPorta but until he misses I figured I’d give him the benefit of the doubt.

tore his meniscus last fall

instead of preparing for the draft he rehabbed his knee to play in the bowl game

they put in a wildcat package to get him some rushing attempts
  1. Anybody can get hurt. At anytime. Until it becomes an annual thing it’s not a thing. 1A. is there are so many examples of “injury prone” guys who became Ironman types (Stafford, Mattison) or put together several healthy consecutive injury free seasons (Fred Jones, Keenan Allen, et al)
  2. Tells you a lot about this guy and why he’s a Holmes/MCDC type guy. Loyal, hardworking, probably calls his mom often.

Regarding his usage I can't say I've seen enough to be critical of Payton. He's not a full time starter, I think we all know that, but he was playing a lot in week one. So I still can't figure out his role as he's barely played. And what we really don't know, and maybe won't now, is what his role will look like if/when they shed some WR's.

Now what I will be super critical over is that he was playing at all last night. This is gross injury mismanagement. He appeared to be limited in his workload before having the setback. With a soft tissue injury you should not be in management mode at this point in the season and you absolutely should not be when you could have given him an extra 10 days rest before your next game. His original injury was 33 days before this game. An injury so bad they put him on IR but deemed him recovered enough to play limited snaps. That's dumb. If they had waited one more week they would have given him extra recovery time that was almost 1/3rd of the recovery time of his original injury. That's what you do unless you are in some absolute must win game and this was not it.

Has there been any update since last night's leaving the game early with a hamstring? Anything post-game as to the severity? Felt a tweak and playing it safe sort of thing? More serious? Anything?

Has there been any update since last night's leaving the game early with a hamstring? Anything post-game as to the severity? Felt a tweak and playing it safe sort of thing? More serious? Anything?
I'd say great question because I've been having the same thoughts and can't find nothing.

Would really like to know as I got waivers running tomorrow morning. Hate to say I've never owned a player more in my life so this really stings but these are TE premium leagues and I'd like some more info before I start chopping him off.

Starting him over LaPorta tonight ..
Hope this was a joke 🫣🤣
Unfortunately, no 😔
Gotta change your handle “Guru”.
Lmao .. One silly mistake. I’ll bounce back .. I was afraid of LaPorta being ruled out and didn’t have any roster space to pick up another TE.
Well that makes a little more sense. I was just messing with you

https://twitter.com/christomasson
@christomasson

#Broncos coach Sean Payton said everything medically was followed in bringing back TE Greg Dulcich from hamstring injury. He reinjured it. Payton said he understands Dulcich is frustrated. Said they are moving forward with things but didn't give any timetable.

Broncos TE Greg Dulcich (hamstring/foot) has renewed swelling in his foot, according to head coach Sean Payton.

The second-year tight end has dealt with injuries all season and has appeared in only two games for the Broncos. The team opened his 21-day window for return earlier in the week, but it appears unlikely that he’ll play in Week 16 with this new swelling, which Payton confirmed was unrelated to a previous injury. However, Sean Payton did say that he expects Dulcich to play in the regular season, so it’s sounds like there’s some optimism that he’ll return to action by Week 17 or 18, not that it would help many fantasy managers for this season.

Broncos TE Greg Dulcich (hamstring/foot) has renewed swelling in his foot, according to head coach Sean Payton.

The second-year tight end has dealt with injuries all season and has appeared in only two games for the Broncos. The team opened his 21-day window for return earlier in the week, but it appears unlikely that he’ll play in Week 16 with this new swelling, which Payton confirmed was unrelated to a previous injury. However, Sean Payton did say that he expects Dulcich to play in the regular season, so it’s sounds like there’s some optimism that he’ll return to action by Week 17 or 18, not that it would help many fantasy managers for this season.
Complete and total bust

Complete and total bust
Little early for that isn't it considering he has been injured all year?

Complete and total bust
Right. All we know right now is that he was a bust this year and it's fair to have extreme concerns he can ever remain healthy.

The talent has flashed. But it's all still a mystery on how Payton wanted to use him. I own(ed) him a lot and really don't even know what I lost, might have been huge, or not.

At this point I'm just hoping to get a game or two out of him this year to see if we can pick up on his intended use so I can try and figure out what we got in this offense but doubt he'll get much run in a game if he plays at all this year.

Complete and total bust
Right. All we know right now is that he was a bust this year and it's fair to have extreme concerns he can ever remain healthy.

The talent has flashed. But it's all still a mystery on how Payton wanted to use him. I own(ed) him a lot and really don't even know what I lost, might have been huge, or not.

At this point I'm just hoping to get a game or two out of him this year to see if we can pick up on his intended use so I can try and figure out what we got in this offense but doubt he'll get much run in a game if he plays at all this year.
No reason to rush him back at this point. He's going to need a couple games of limited action to just even get back to the rhythm of playing against real competition. It would be the equivalent of whatever Trautman is going to offer. And then the season is over. Just let him take the next 8 months off and try again next season.

Complete and total bust

No reason to rush him back at this point. He's going to need a couple games of limited action to just even get back to the rhythm of playing against real competition. It would be the equivalent of whatever Trautman is going to offer. And then the season is over. Just let him take the next 8 months off and try again next season.
Payton has already said a few times he anticipates him playing this season.

Users who are viewing this thread