What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Isaiah Likely, BAL (1 Viewer)

I could drop Elijah Mitchell and start Likely over Freirmuth but probably passing for one week.

FBG still has Likely as TE29 in DD. Only one staff member has updated his projections 12 hours later.

Yeah you should stand pat

Mitchell is a potential league winner 🏆

I dropped Sean Tucker - decent lottery ticket but hard for RBs on bottom 5 teams to ascend
I did the same this morning — dropped Tucker to pick up Likely.

I have likely in one league. Im starting my TE1.

I could pick him up in another league, but I have Hock.

In yet another league imma stick with JuJohn.

I don’t see HOU putting up enough points to force Baltimore into a pass happy offense today. Plus Monken might want to show off his shiny new WR trio.

Week 1 I try not to get cute with my lineup. Often leads to subpar numbers.

Blocking your league mates might still a good move though
It’s week 1. I have no one I want to drop for him in my redraft leagues.
This is where I am

Not worth the 1 week rental

I have likely in one league. Im starting my TE1.

I could pick him up in another league, but I have Hock.

In yet another league imma stick with JuJohn.

I don’t see HOU putting up enough points to force Baltimore into a pass happy offense today. Plus Monken might want to show off his shiny new WR trio.

Week 1 I try not to get cute with my lineup. Often leads to subpar numbers.

Blocking your league mates might still a good move though
It’s week 1. I have no one I want to drop for him in my redraft leagues.
This is where I am

Not worth the 1 week rental
Is it only 1 week though? Andrews banged up all last year, and who knows how long he's out now

Isaiah Likely caught one pass for four yards in the Ravens’ Week 1 win over the Texans.

Likely was a surprise start for the Ravens, who announced Mark Andrews (quad) would be sidelined for the season opener. Likely entered the day as everyone’s favorite backup tight end, but disappointed fantasy managers with just one catch on the afternoon. More brutal than the one catch was the one target he saw, as Likely appeared to be an after thought in this one. There’s a chance Andrews will suit up in Week 2 against the Bengals, fading Likely back into irrelevance.

- Rotoworld

So, Likely did nothing filling in for Andrews tonight for 55 minutes. He did nothing week 1.

Assuming Andrews is out, can we count on Likely to put up any points or are we better off scraping the waiver wire for whatever scraps are there?

So, Likely did nothing filling in for Andrews tonight for 55 minutes. He did nothing week 1.

Assuming Andrews is out, can we count on Likely to put up any points or are we better off scraping the waiver wire for whatever scraps are there?
I’m gonna say scraps. He never seems to rise to the occasion.

Bump Flowers and OBJ if he isn’t too hurt

It doesn't appear Likely will rise to the occasion, but you never know.

Duverney also isn't going to disappear. They invested a 3rd rounder in him and the guy rocks special teams.

Last year Marquis Brown was on our waiver wire later in the year. Once Andrews got clicking he was coin flip for the 2nd flex position.

As far as Likely goes, Isaya likely a bust.
Isaya last year, but bears repeating, Likely a bust.

The passing offense hasn’t been running through Andrews nearly as much as in previous years so I doubt it will be much different with Likely. I would keep my expectations in check.

Not only has he underwhelmed, but if you pick him up as your Andrews replacement, you still have to worry about the Week 13 bye.

I'll probably target Hunter Henry as the best option available over Likely

Not only has he underwhelmed, but if you pick him up as your Andrews replacement, you still have to worry about the Week 13 bye.

I'll probably target Hunter Henry as the best option available over Likely
I snap added Likely as the injury happened. I’ll hold for a few weeks probably.

Looking to add one of Musgrave, HH, and Cade Otten. Musgrave with a nice week 12 @DET.

Conklin quietly getting good targets lately in NYJ too.

I have him in 2 leagues and obviously hope he does well, but after he craps the bed next week people will be swapping him out for the next hyped waiver wire darling. Except those that don't have better options.

I have him in 2 leagues and obviously hope he does well, but after he craps the bed next week people will be swapping him out for the next hyped waiver wire darling. Except those that don't have better options.
I don't really have much of a choice in dynasty. It's him or Noah Fant. Massive loss for my very awesome win now team.

The rookie WR got the over the middle looks so I'd guess that continues

Even if he whiffs, he's the expected starting TE for a really good team who uses their TEs. People pick up players in much, much worse situations than this, and start them.

If TE is an problem for your team, this is it. There won't be a better situation on the waiver wire rest of season.

Is Kolar going to get any run?
He got more fantasy points last game than Likely did after Andrews went out. :coffee:
That also could have been game planning, Perhaps Likely has been practicing for a certain role and they just kept him in that role. It sounds like from the chatter coming from the team that they are ready and trust him to move into a pass catching role. He seemed to be playing well last week. There was a pass play where he had a rare triple block, completely taking out 3 Bengal defenders.

Users who are viewing this thread