What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Isaiah Likely, BAL (1 Viewer)

NFL Network’s Mike Garfolo reports the Ravens expect Isaiah Likely to “run the same stuff” as Mark Andrews.
Garfolo said that the Ravens did not change anything about their offense after losing Mark Andrews to an ankle injury that is expected to sidelined him for the remainder of the season. That’s a big nod of approval for the second-year tight end. Likely is not going to put up Andrews-like numbers, but knowing he is expected to play that role should give fantasy managers the confidence they need to fire up Likely as a fringe TE1.

He looked pretty good to me - could do worse for a WW TE down the stretch - I always thought they should use him more. Could carve out a role in dynasty

It’s not like they have a ton of good receiving options. Lamar was off last night and Likely was still ok

I am surprised it's been this quiet here considering Likely kind of looks like one of the best TEs in the NFL. This genie is going to be tough to put back in the bottle. How does this impact Andrews moving forward?

I am surprised it's been this quiet here considering Likely kind of looks like one of the best TEs in the NFL. This genie is going to be tough to put back in the bottle. How does this impact Andrews moving forward?
It doesn’t impact Andrews, who is a top TE and young. However, the Andrews owner should try to get Likely. Likely won’t be a top TE unless Andrews is out or he moves on to another team once his rookie contract expires. He’s not an UFA until 2026.

It doesn’t impact Andrews, who is a top TE and young. However, the Andrews owner should try to get Likely. Likely won’t be a top TE unless Andrews is out or he moves on to another team once his rookie contract expires. He’s not an UFA until 2026.
The Andrews owner should have gone after Likely some point this year. The price has gone way way up now. I am just saying if I am the Ravens coach, I am trying to get both these guys targets next year. Since Andrews has gone down, Likely has been the best pass game weapon on the team. If it wasn't for LaPorta and McBride, we would all be marveling at what Likely is doing as a 23 year old. Keep in mind LaPorta turns 23 a week. McBride is already 24. I would love to see what Likely's PPR PPG are in games he starts.

The Andrews owner should have gone after Likely some point this year. The price has gone way way up now. I am just saying if I am the Ravens coach, I am trying to get both these guys targets next year. Since Andrews has gone down, Likely has been the best pass game weapon on the team. If it wasn't for LaPorta and McBride, we would all be marveling at what Likely is doing as a 23 year old. Keep in mind LaPorta turns 23 a week. McBride is already 24. I would love to see what Likely's PPR PPG are in games he starts.
That changes nothing as long as Andrews is there, or OUT, or Likely isn’t there. Likely won’t be startable in fantasy otherwise IMO.

Had Andrews and McBride, and Likely was sitting on waivers and I had a roster spot open, so decided to pick him up. Next week Andrews goes out. Sometimes things just go your way.

Decided to trade McBride since my RBs are getting up there in age and I needed a young gun. Only was able to do this with any confidence because i picked up Likely to cover Andrews and now have a young stud TE in the wings. FantasyPros has Likely around TE 15 for dynasty, but have to believe he would be around 6-8 if Andrews wasn't there.

Had Andrews and McBride, and Likely was sitting on waivers and I had a roster spot open, so decided to pick him up. Next week Andrews goes out. Sometimes things just go your way.

Decided to trade McBride since my RBs are getting up there in age and I needed a young gun. Only was able to do this with any confidence because i picked up Likely to cover Andrews and now have a young stud TE in the wings. FantasyPros has Likely around TE 15 for dynasty, but have to believe he would be around 6-8 if Andrews wasn't there.
That’s a BIG IF in your last sentence

That changes nothing as long as Andrews is there, or OUT, or Likely isn’t there. Likely won’t be startable in fantasy otherwise IMO.
I mean more for Likely cutting into Andrews value.

Well, injuries happen and the Ravens could decide to trade Andrews if they think Likely can do the same thing for their offense much cheaper. Not like Andrews blocks much.

Well, injuries happen and the Ravens could decide to trade Andrews if they think Likely can do the same thing for their offense much cheaper. Not like Andrews blocks much.
The Ravens aren’t trading Jackson’s favorite target.

You sure about that? 61 targets in 10 games for Andrews this year. Flowers had 68 in the first 10 games. Andrews not the dominent target favorite he was 2 years ago.

You sure about that? 61 targets in 10 games for Andrews this year. Flowers had 68 in the first 10 games. Andrews not the dominent target favorite he was 2 years ago.
All I’m saying is not to hook your wagon to Likely if Andrews is there and I don’t think there is any way the Ravens trade Andrews. That is a pipe dream for Likely owners.

All I’m saying is not to hook your wagon to Likely if Andrews is there and I don’t think there is any way the Ravens trade Andrews. That is a pipe dream for Likely owners.
Not hooking my wagon to him, but agreeing with llov80s that he should be a priority for Andrews owners both as injury protection and a potential star if Andrews moves on after 2024. Worst case, he's a FA in 2025. That's two years out. Hardly a "pipe dream" in dynasty years. He will be a whopping 25 years old when he's a FA.

I

Not hooking my wagon to him, but agreeing with llov80s that he should be a priority for Andrews owners both as injury protection and a potential star if Andrews moves on after 2024. Worst case, he's a FA in 2025. That's two years out. Hardly a "pipe dream" in dynasty years. He will be a whopping 25 years old when he's a FA.
I believe I said Likely is a priority for Andrews owners. I just refuted the other stuff, especially the trading Andrews part.

The most likely scenario is they keep Andrews until the end of this contract is 2025. I however think it's possible they decide to trade him, or Likely, after the 2024 season and that's not some kind of nonsense pipe dream. It's understanding the business of the game and recent examples of exactly these kind of trades, examples for both Likely and Andrews. I just don't think the Ravens will want to enter the 2026 off-season with both of them as UFA's, which means they would need to extend one of them prior to the 2025 off-season. The one that is not extended is simply a natural candidate to be traded.

The most likely scenario is they keep Andrews until the end of this contract is 2025. I however think it's possible they decide to trade him, or Likely, after the 2024 season and that's not some kind of nonsense pipe dream. It's understanding the business of the game and recent examples of exactly these kind of trades, examples for both Likely and Andrews. I just don't think the Ravens will want to enter the 2026 off-season with both of them as UFA's, which means they would need to extend one of them prior to the 2025 off-season. The one that is not extended is simply a natural candidate to be traded.
Nothing wrong with having two good TEs, especially if you’re thin at WRs.

They dump or trade Andrews and save the salary. he's a type 1 diabetic who's going only going to get worse physically. You can't carry 265 lbs around with that disease he's going to have to trim down at some point they have $36m guaranteed in him, trade him or let him go save the other $20m. Likely is younger cheaper , probably better.

They dump or trade Andrews and save the salary. he's a type 1 diabetic who's going only going to get worse physically. You can't carry 265 lbs around with that disease he's going to have to trim down at some point they have $36m guaranteed in him, trade him or let him go save the other $20m. Likely is younger cheaper , probably better.
Only get worse physically? You know nothing about the disease.

Yes but I don't think you are looking at if from the players POV and the Ravens history of acquiescing to players request to be traded over a variety of reasons.

I can get into reasons why one of the other might want to be traded if they are not happy with their role/playing time and/or contract but for brevity's sake let's just say it gets to that point over the next two years.

In the past few years I can recall 4 players who were in similar situations with the Ravens who went to the Ravens and asked for a trade, all over role/playing time or money.

Those 4 would be Hayden Hurst, Marquise Brown, Orlando Brown and Lamar.

They traded 3 of them, Lamar's only one they would not move.

Right but might not be good to have both those TEs enter UFA at the same time. It could make sense for the Ravens to make a longterm decision on one of them after next season.

While not apples to apples, we just saw a similar situation unfold when Detroit traded seemingly top 5 TE TJ Hockenson so they could reset their pay scale at the position (and holy hell did it work out.)

Another week, another TD. Will be interesting to see what Baltimore does with him. Really hard to see the benefit to them wasting him as a situational player. Definitely passes the eye test as a guy who belongs.

Another week, another TD. Will be interesting to see what Baltimore does with him. Really hard to see the benefit to them wasting him as a situational player. Definitely passes the eye test as a guy who belongs.
I think they'll use him regularly next year, and Andrews, and adjust their number of WR's or RB's on the field accordingly. He's too good to not play.

I think they'll use him regularly next year, and Andrews, and adjust their number of WR's or RB's on the field accordingly. He's too good to not play.
Especially with their WR situation there should be enough space for two TEs. Now wait for them to draft two WRs...

Honestly they should trade him or Andrews for a haul. Either would be a huge improvement for a team like Denver or Seattle.

As a long time Andrews dynasty owner who also drafted Likely, I just don't see Andrews going anywhere next year. I expect Andrews back to his usual starting TE spot and Likely is in a back-up spot again who mixes in with different line-ups and gives Andrews a breather. Andrews and Lamar are too good together.

They also have Charlie Kolar who was highly rated coming out of college. Kolar played like 70% of the snaps in the last regular season game and got a few targets. He's been more of a blocker but he is starting to see some action. If they feel Charlie took a big enough step then maybe after 2024 they move on from Andrews. The team has a bit more of an out in 2025 for Andrews if the want to move on.

Unless there is some long term issues with this last injury I expect Andrews back in 2024. He's the focal point of this offense.

As a long time Andrews dynasty owner who also drafted Likely, I just don't see Andrews going anywhere next year. I expect Andrews back to his usual starting TE spot and Likely is in a back-up spot again who mixes in with different line-ups and gives Andrews a breather. Andrews and Lamar are too good together.

They also have Charlie Kolar who was highly rated coming out of college. Kolar played like 70% of the snaps in the last regular season game and got a few targets. He's been more of a blocker but he is starting to see some action. If they feel Charlie took a big enough step then maybe after 2024 they move on from Andrews. The team has a bit more of an out in 2025 for Andrews if the want to move on.

Unless there is some long term issues with this last injury I expect Andrews back in 2024. He's the focal point of this offense.
Yup. I don't know how Likely's late season production translate to a 17 game season, but I guess the question is how does it benefit Baltimore having that production standing on a sideline. Injury insurance? Lesser TEs can provide that.

Yup. I don't know how Likely's late season production translate to a 17 game season, but I guess the question is how does it benefit Baltimore having that production standing on a sideline. Injury insurance? Lesser TEs can provide that.
I wonder if Baltimore will shop one of them. Miami could use a better option at TE (as an example), but maybe having two low cost guys along with Andrews is the way to go for the Ravens (not good for fantasy, but good for them)

I wonder if Baltimore will shop one of them. Miami could use a better option at TE (as an example), but maybe having two low cost guys along with Andrews is the way to go for the Ravens (not good for fantasy, but good for them)
I doubt they shop either. This year proved they needed both. Injuries are a real thing.

I believe, and I tried to say this earlier in this thread, is that if both players remain content, even if one gets an extension and the other does not, they'd just as well enjoy the depth and keep them both through end of the 2025 season when the contracts run out for them if they are not extended.

I mentioned that 4 players have come to the Ravens in the last few years over role or money asking to be traded. Orlando and Marquise Brown, Hurts and Lamar. They traded 3 of them and paid Lamar. In all 4 instances they addressed the players issue(s) one way or the other.

So my belief is they'll trade one of if them if they become unhappy with their role or money and I think this is very, well, likely because the role issue is easy to understand but they probably don't want to let them both hit the open market in 2025 and would rather extend one.

May have said this earlier but I think they remain together next year, they will extend one of them and the other one will be moved prior to the 2025 season.

Likely has been a beast down the stretch - no way they can just leave him on the bench. Teams have figured out how to play 2 very good TEs in the past - or make a trade. To bench him for depth just doesnt make sense

Likely is an emerging stud who has 6 TDs in his last 6 games, including the playoffs. They have 2 more years of him on his rookie deal - he's not going anywhere.

And the Ravens would realize only $5M in cap savings by cutting Andrews after this season. These guys will play together for a full season next year, and then the Ravens will take a more serious look at losing Andrews after 2024 (which would save them $11M on the 2025 cap) and/or extending Likely.

Users who are viewing this thread