What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Isaiah Likely, BAL (1 Viewer)

For me the hope is that the Ravens would utilize Likely as a TE/WR hybrid and that he'd carve out a role as their #3 pass catcher and offer some splash plays once or twice a week. Early on it doesn't appear that is the case, but I'll hold for several more games to see. I only have him as end-of- roster TE 3 in best ball redraft and best ball dynasty setups so the downside is negligible for me.

To add, unfortunately, Likely might be a sleeper in the worst way. Anyone hoping for him to break out in '25 after Andrews leaves is likely (pun intended) to be disappointed. Right now, there's slim to no chance they let Andrews walk in '25 at 30 years old unless he declines (unLikely).

We could be looking at 2028 or so before he gets featured at the TE position. He probably went to the worst place possible.

The best outlook is for Likely to carve out a significant role as the 2nd TE, but that's much, MUCH, easier said than done. Just have to hold & cross your fingers.
Likely might not even be with Ravens after his rookie contract ends after the 2025 season. So I wouldn’t be talking about 2028.
I think if you have him you are hoping he’s the quasi-WR2 which is really WR3 behind Andrews and Bateman - but gives him some potential trade value or even some FLEX value.

For me the hope is that the Ravens would utilize Likely as a TE/WR hybrid and that he'd carve out a role as their #3 pass catcher and offer some splash plays once or twice a week. Early on it doesn't appear that is the case, but I'll hold for several more games to see. I only have him as end-of- roster TE 3 in best ball redraft and best ball dynasty setups so the downside is negligible for me.
Said basically the same thing before reading this.

Isaiah Likely (groin) is questionable for Week 3 against the Patriots.​

Likely did not miss a practice this week, getting in limited work in all three sessions. That puts him on the right side of questionable for Week 3. After being held without a catch on four targets in Week 1, Likely rebounded with four grabs for 43 yards last week. He is a strong stash in dynasty leagues but shouldn't be looked to as a streaming option in season-long formats.
Sep 23, 2022, 5:00 PM ET

Duverney also isn't going to disappear. They invested a 3rd rounder in him and the guy rocks special teams.

Last year Marquis Brown was on our waiver wire later in the year. Once Andrews got clicking he was coin flip for the 2nd flex position.

As far as Likely goes, Isaya likely a bust.

Yuck....cost me a huge payday yesterday in dfs by not being able to top Jonnu Smith.

Note - Duvernay quiestly sitting at wr30. Not that I would start him either in season long, just to point out there are a lot of slices in the Baltimore pie. Now Dobbins is back.

Duverney also isn't going to disappear. They invested a 3rd rounder in him and the guy rocks special teams.

Last year Marquis Brown was on our waiver wire later in the year. Once Andrews got clicking he was coin flip for the 2nd flex position.

Yuck....cost me a huge payday yesterday in dfs by not being able to top Jonnu Smith.

Note - Duvernay quiestly sitting at wr30. Not that I would start him either in season long, just to point out there are a lot of slices in the Baltimore pie. Now Dobbins is back.
From what I heard he wasn’t even supposed to play yesterday I’m surprised he did

From what I heard he wasn’t even supposed to play yesterday I’m surprised he did
He was listed as injured but practiced every day.

Isaiah Likely caught 2-of-4 targets for 30 yards in the Ravens' Week 6 loss to the Giants.

Likely continues to serve as a role player in the Ravens' offense, finishing fourth on the team in targets on Sunday against the Giants. The rookie tight end hauled in Lamar Jackson's first pass of the afternoon, taking it for a 19-yard gain, and later secured an 11-yard reception on a drive that ended with a Mark Andrews touchdown. Likely would make for an interesting streamer if Mark Andrews were to ever miss time, but can otherwise be kept on waivers.

- NBCSportsEDGE

Just curious if anyone with Likely has or is considering pivoting to Bellinger or any other TE or non-TE prospect? This is really a question about investing a roster spot in a developmental TE more than it is any knock on Likely. I haven't watched the games. At this point, his stat lines seem like no cause for excitement or alarm.

With that said, I'm in one of those leagues where planting a flag on developmental TEs that don't have substantial draft capital typically feels like a really tough way to manufacture value. Part of the appeal with Likely was the thought that he could potentially be involved (possibly the #3 passing option) right out of the shoot. It was definitely a long shot to expect that of any 4th rounder, but so far it seems like the immediate 2022 impact that's going to get your leaguemates slobbering might not come in.

The analysts that I trust had a lot of good things to say about Bellinger, Ferguson, and Likely, but LIkely really seemed to carry the most intrigue to be something special. I have already scooped and dropped Bellinger, opting to keep Likely on roster. We'll see if that proves to be a fateful decision. At minimum, I think I'm planning to hold Likely late into this season unless he's not getting on the field at all. Given that Mandrews doesn't seem to be going anywhere soon, if there's no breakout by late in this season I think I'll be receptive to pivoting to Jake Ferguson as the offseason stash, as it sounds like there's a fair chance Schultz won't get paid. Just curious how much leash other dynasty managers are planning to give Likely's development?

Tried to tell some of you that he's for the future, not the now. I know your generation is all about what have you done for me yesterday, but show some patience grasshopper. Perhaps until his rookie contract is up.

Tried to tell some of you that he's for the future, not the now. I know your generation is all about what have you done for me yesterday, but show some patience grasshopper. Perhaps until his rookie contract is up.

Okay, but you get that not every dynasty league has 53 roster spots or a robust taxi squad, right? There are compelling alternatives to parking on a 4th round TE and not asking any questions until year 3. Based on your response, I will assume rookies like Daniel Bellinger and Jake Ferguson are already locked on to someone else's roster for years. I will assume a reasonably young TE like Robert Tonyan getting back to speed from major injury and putting up 10 receptions and 90 yards isn't a waiver wire temptation.

I hoped for early season contention as a distant #3 option behind Andrews and Bateman based on some of the comments coming out of camp. I'm not at all surprised that it hasn't happened six games in. With that said, I'm wondering what expectations managers have for him in '22? Personally, I'm hoping for enough usage and consistent targets by the end of the season to believe that he can be a relevant fantasy TE2 sharing the field with Andrews in '23.

Is he worth an add and start if Andrews can't go? as opposed to the likes of Irv Smith, Cade Otten, Knox, Henry, Conklin among others....

If he plays, does he fit into the game plan. Any homers w/ insight into his possible usage?

Is he worth an add and start if Andrews can't go? as opposed to the likes of Irv Smith, Cade Otten, Knox, Henry, Conklin among others....

If he plays, does he fit into the game plan. Any homers w/ insight into his possible usage?
I have stashed Him all season. If Andrews can’t go, I’m definitely starting him. My other option is Dissly, so it’s worth the gamble. The Balt TE will get looks.

I have stashed Him all season. If Andrews can’t go, I’m definitely starting him. My other option is Dissly, so it’s worth the gamble. The Balt TE will get looks.

Interesting. He was drafted in our league & dropped by the Pitts owner a few weeks back. Tempting…

The game being on a short week helps Likely also. I would think Andrews will be very limited at best.

Interesting. He was drafted in our league & dropped by the Pitts owner a few weeks back. Tempting…
If Andrews was out for the rest of the year (example), people would go hard after him in FAAB.

The game being on a short week helps Likely also. I would think Andrews will be very limited at best.

If Andrews was out for the rest of the year (example), people would go hard after him in FAAB.

Naw it makes sense. Andrews is never asked to block (literally.) For the season, Josh Oliver has 161 snaps but only 49 routes run. Likely has 85 RR on only 123 snaps - 69.1% route participation. For reference, Andrews has 210 RR on 370 snaps - 56.8%.

First glance, Likely WK7 had only 6 snaps, 3 RR, 1 target. But with no Andrews he'll be the move TE. Andrews has 270 snaps in the slot or outside. Similarly, Likely has 90 snaps at WR and only 30 inline. There's some risk but Baltimore is not going to abandon their bread n butter TE usage, it's integral to what they do.

Naw it makes sense. Andrews is never asked to block (literally.) For the season, Josh Oliver has 161 snaps but only 49 routes run. Likely has 85 RR on only 123 snaps - 69.1% route participation. For reference, Andrews has 210 RR on 370 snaps - 56.8%.

First glance, Likely WK7 had only 6 snaps, 3 RR, 1 target. But with no Andrews he'll be the move TE. Andrews has 270 snaps in the slot or outside. Similarly, Likely has 90 snaps at WR and only 30 inline. There's some risk but Baltimore is not going to abandon their bread n butter TE usage, it's integral to what they do.
Sooooooo tempting. ---- these things just never seem to work out for me on Thursday nights tho -

Sooooooo tempting. ---- these things just never seem to work out for me on Thursday nights tho -

I have the added (illogical) incentive of playing the Pitts owner. He drafted/dropped Likely.

That kind of stuff ALWAYS happens to me - drop a turd, lose out on the FAAB get back when they awaken, then get beat by them down the road lol.

I have the added (illogical) incentive of playing the Pitts owner. He drafted/dropped Likely.

That kind of stuff ALWAYS happens to me - drop a turd, lose out on the FAAB get back when they awaken, then get beat by them down the road lol.
Yup -- and I noticed TB has not been so great vs TE's so far this year -- I mean Tommy Tremble (who?!?) scored last week on them --

Tried to tell some of you that he's for the future, not the now.

Is it now, now?
I just read Andrews is playing tonight. As long as he is in the lineup you won’t be able to count on Likely in fantasy. Some have said he can be productive with Andrews playing, as a third option. I could be wrong, but I don’t see it.

News on Likely read from his player page in MFL-

“Likely played a season-low six offensive snaps Sunday, which is a concerning development for the rookie at this stage of the year. He does not appear close to carving out a larger role in the offense. Meanwhile, Josh Oliver has played 33 percent or more of the snaps in each of the last three games, including 49 percent on Sunday. Likely and the Ravens have a quick turnaround in Week 8 as they travel to Tampa Bay to face the Buccaneers on Thursday.”

Last edited:
I just read Andrews is playing tonight.

Dropped him an hour ago (rostered for 5 hrs lol)

We setup same day FA adds/drops to be immediately be available instead of going on waivers like normal drops. so not blocking anyone, but he won’t see many routes if Andrews plays (as expected)

I love the last shot of his route/catch. Leverage to get under the defender, eyes on the safety to know when to cut, great body lean hip drop to not lose speed.

Sign me up

Isaiah Likely caught 6-of-7 targets for 77 yards and a touchdown in the Ravens' Week 8 win over the Bucs.​

With Mark Andrews knocked out with a shoulder injury, Likely caught three of Lamar Jackson's eight second half completions, one of which went for his first career touchdown. Likely got free at the back of the end for a 10-yard score as Jackson bought time with his legs. It was the kind of effort fantasy managers had been hoping for since Likely's huge preseason. He entered the evening with only 10 catches all year. Andrews' health will be the determining factor for Week 9. The Ravens believe he avoided serious injury. If Andrews gets a rest with the Ravens' bye on tap for Week 10, Likely will have top-18 juice at tight end.
Oct 27, 2022, 11:59 PM ET

With Kelce on bye and Andrews gimpy all week I took the risk to start Likely. Man did that pay off. Didn’t have many other options, but I figured hell, this is why I roster the kid, dynasty or not. Obviously Andrews ended up looking fine until he got hurt again, so some luck in play here.

With Kelce on bye and Andrews gimpy all week I took the risk to start Likely. Man did that pay off. Didn’t have many other options, but I figured hell, this is why I roster the kid, dynasty or not. Obviously Andrews ended up looking fine until he got hurt again, so some luck in play here.
Yeah, I grabbed him before the game but benched when Andrews was announced active-- feel lucky grabbing him but he scored more points on my bench last night then I've had the whole year from TE position :cautious:

Yeah, I grabbed him before the game but benched when Andrews was announced active-- feel lucky grabbing him but he scored more points on my bench last night then I've had the whole year from TE position :cautious:
The TE’s I started this year, I can relate. It was the reason I started Likely. Now you were in a different spot, having Andrews. That is a much harder call, but you covered yourself for the next few weeks.

The TE’s I started this year, I can relate. It was the reason I started Likely. Now you were in a different spot, having Andrews. That is a much harder call, but you covered yourself for the next few weeks.
Actually, I don't have Andrews (Knox and Schultz) --just didn't think Likely would get much with Andrews active.

Actually, I don't have Andrews (Knox and Schultz) --just didn't think Likely would get much with Andrews active.
It must have been another poster I was thinking of. My rule of thumb on Thursday games is skill Position veterans on the injured list are very limited and don’t really get the snaps. If they get dinged up more, good chance they are out for the game. I bet under on Andrews props pretty strong based on this.

Nice to have a big game that many leaguemates had a chance to view in the books. A game like this really helps to keep the faith after we run into a string of 0, 1, and 2 target games.

@menobrown , I diligently waited for Goedert after drafting him as a rookie in round 10 of our league's startup. You're right, it does feel similar to Ertz/Goedert. The only thing is that Goedert had a lot more draft capital, so the hold and wait was a no brainer on that one. Again, really good to see the hype on Likely translate when he got the chance.

Now the big question, is there any path to fantasy relevance for Likely as long as Andrews is on the field? Kind of feels like a no at this point, but possibly next year?

Looks like Andrews is currently under contract through 2025 / age 30. They could free up most of his cap hit after 2024 if there's any significant decline. There are a few bucks that can be saved after 2023, but obviously that would be something catastrophic.

I have Likely as a backup to Andrews. Had Likely in there until Andrews was active. Glad Isaiah put it together last night, but unless Andrews is out, it's kind of impossible to pull the trigger on starting him. Likely seems to have more value currently to TE desperate teams. Hoping his performance last night leads to more usage even with Andrews on the field. I really don't see any reason not to utilize Isaiah all the time, other than the fact that neither him or Andrews are blockers. Still, with the lack of WRs on Balt I'd think it's possible to run 3 TEs out there, with Oliver blocking.

@menobrown , I diligently waited for Goedert after drafting him as a rookie in round 10 of our league's startup. You're right, it does feel similar to Ertz/Goedert.
I also drafted Goedert in mid round two and held him all these years in a FFPC league so with 14 man off-season rosters for skill players was not easy. That same team I have Likely so was an easy comp for me, feels like I'm in the same boat. This time the degree of difficulty for me for me to carve out a roster spot to hold Likely is even more difficult and seems unlikely but the TE in this offense is gold and if they resign Lamar I might have to try really hard to find a way.

Now the big question, is there any path to fantasy relevance for Likely as long as Andrews is on the field? Kind of feels like a no at this point, but possibly next year?

I think it's possible. Using the Goedert/Ertz example in their second season's together Goedert was fantasy relevant as the #2 to a by and large healthy Ertz. In TE premium leagues they were 4 and 12 in PPG and in total points they were 2 and 9. With as TE centric as the Ravens offense is combined with the lack of weapons at WR I thought we might see something occur this season similar to that. I had given up hope but I'll be curious when they come out of the bye in week 10 and Andrews should be healed up if they use that bye week to try and incorporate both into the passing game.

It's super rare to be sure to see an offense support two relevant fantasy TE's. Only one I can recall in my life that supported two high end TE's was of course NE. This Goedert/Ertz duo might be best one we've seen since the NE days. It's rare. I think one year Fleener and Allen were fantasy relevant with both having over 8 TD's but they were both low end. Can't think of another team where the second TE was more then a hail mary type option.

Andrews officially listed as doubtful. He aint playing.

Couple things on NO D vs. TEs:

* NO D has not allowed a TD to a TE this year.

* Highest TE receiving yardage was 49 yards (Fant).

* Outside of F. Moreau somehow getting 6 receptions last week, no other TE had more than 3.

Not a great matchup, but maybe Likely is moved around more like a WR.

Andrews officially listed as doubtful. He aint playing.

Couple things on NO D vs. TEs:

* NO D has not allowed a TD to a TE this year.

* Highest TE receiving yardage was 49 yards (Fant).

* Outside of F. Moreau somehow getting 6 receptions last week, no other TE had more than 3.

Not a great matchup, but maybe Likely is moved around more like a WR.
Definitely need to consider, but I'd say this game seems like the first where they've actually had a decent TE threat to deal with -- I know Pitts is good, but that offense is meh

Ravens TE Isaiah Likely appears set for an expanded role in Week 9 against the Saints.​

All-World tight end Mark Andrews is listed as doubtful for Week 9 against the Saints, opening the door for rookie tight end Isaiah Likely to see an expanded role for the Ravens. After Andrews exited Week 8 after only 10 offensive snaps, Likely played a season-high 67% snap rate on his way to career highs in targets (seven), receptions (six), yardage (77), and his first professional touchdown. Fantasy managers in a bind cone look to the waiver wire for Likely's services, whom should be viewed a a high-end TE2 in a difficult matchup with the Saints.
Nov 5, 2022, 3:59 PM ET

Ravens TE Isaiah Likely appears set for an expanded role in Week 9 against the Saints.​

All-World tight end Mark Andrews is listed as doubtful for Week 9 against the Saints, opening the door for rookie tight end Isaiah Likely to see an expanded role for the Ravens. After Andrews exited Week 8 after only 10 offensive snaps, Likely played a season-high 67% snap rate on his way to career highs in targets (seven), receptions (six), yardage (77), and his first professional touchdown. Fantasy managers in a bind cone look to the waiver wire for Likely's services, whom should be viewed a a high-end TE2 in a difficult matchup with the Saints.
lol

High end TE2?

Bloom would disagree.

lol

High end TE2?

Bloom would disagree.
Likely seems like a great play right?? Guessing New Orleans sees this as well. Likely is probably the Ravens #1 target for this game, and he will "likely" be very well covered all game.

There are so few teams that feature a single TE prominently in the passing game. I'm always super skeptical when there are metrics talking about how good a given team is at defending against TEs. Did they face anyone they needed to key on? Did they face anyone with a stud TE? Because if they haven't then I don't think anybody can say that team x is good against TEs, just because they haven't given up a lot of points there.

I wouldn't overthink starting Likely if you need him at TE or flex, especially if TE premium like FFPC. If he faceplants because he faces the vaunted and famous New Orleans TE defense, I guess we'll probably live to talk about it.

A lot can happen any given week but removing Goedert and just looking at TEs' left to play this week I'd put him as my TE3.

A lot can happen any given week but removing Goedert and just looking at TEs' left to play this week I'd put him as my TE3.
Who's your #2?
That's just it, that's the kind of week it is for TE's so I hope people don't overreact to me saying I got Likely at #3 because the options are super meh this week.

The answer to your question is Gerald Everett.

The SEA TEs are going to eat against AZ.

Users who are viewing this thread