What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ted Lasso (Apple TV - Season 3 coming March 2023!!!) (1 Viewer)

Enjoying S3 so far. Loving the Roy/Beard partnership and the Trent Crimm inclusion. Hate Keely's friend and her constant winking.

But it's missing some of the emotion and fun of the first two seasons, mostly with Ted seemingly so hollow. After today's ep I think that starts to change.

Sassy always seems to show up at the right time!

Enjoying S3 so far. Loving the Roy/Beard partnership and the Trent Crimm inclusion. Hate Keely's friend and her constant winking.

But it's missing some of the emotion and fun of the first two seasons, mostly with Ted seemingly so hollow. After today's ep I think that starts to change.

Sassy always seems to show up at the right time!
I love me some Sassy Smurf.

Enjoyed the most recent episode, think they are definitely leading toward Ted moving back home by season/series end and maybe Beard/Roy taking over. Not a fan of Keely’s friend, don’t see that storyline ending well for Keely. Curious if there will be a real reconciliation with Nate or not by seasons end. Liked the callbacks to the restaurant and exclusive secret bar from last season. And yeah, Ted needs to stop being such a mess as Sassy called it.

Keely’s friend is that high school friend who never left their hometown. You left immediately after graduation, maybe went to college, saw other cities, traveled, etc. Then you come back to your hometown to visit and all your old high school friend wants to talk about is that time you guys got drunk and puked in the principal’s yard and we should totally do that again.

When Mrs. Dogg and I first started Lasso, she made it one episode in and turned it off, stating that it was too corny. I soldiered on for the first season, and realized I love the show. I made her re-watch it with me, saying only that the show is 100% corny. But it is sweet and kind with some very dark #### mixed in. In a way, this show has pulled off a magic trick: it's a VERY adult show with the sweetness of a good kids' show.

Another hollow feeling episode although there were some fun parts. Seems there is a lot to sum up in the next 6(?) episodes.

So happy to see Shandee go. If we don't ever see a wink from her again I will be happy. Nice call back to the lamb though. And the Jack/Keely moment had been coming. Not sure what is up with the Zava retirement.

I was late to the party with Ted, not watching the first two seasons until I got a free 3 month trial with Apple TV. Wife and I loved. This season is just off. Feels like a soap opera that’s all about who’s shagging who with Ted dropping some whimsical lines each episode. Doesn’t feel like anyone is developing as a character.

I was late to the party with Ted, not watching the first two seasons until I got a free 3 month trial with Apple TV. Wife and I loved. This season is just off. Feels like a soap opera that’s all about who’s shagging who with Ted dropping some whimsical lines each episode. Doesn’t feel like anyone is developing as a character.

Yeah, still enjoying but something is off/uneven this season. I liked the latest episode best and we will keep watching but it’s a step down from S1 and S2. Can’t imagine the rumored S4 will come to be as maybe it’s run its course.

Let's look at potential Nate endings:

1) He stays with Rupert's team, wins the title. That would be a horrible ending.
2) He stays with Rupert's team, loses to Richmond. Meh. Too predictable.
3) He quits Rupert's team, goes back to apologize to Ted/Richmond. Meh. Again, everyone hates him so much now, I'd eyeroll at it.
3a) He then takes over for Ted who goes back to the US and is an assistant to Roy or Beard. Again, do I really even care about that?

I don't know if there's a Nate ending that I actually like.

Let's look at potential Nate endings:

1) He stays with Rupert's team, wins the title. That would be a horrible ending.
2) He stays with Rupert's team, loses to Richmond. Meh. Too predictable.
3) He quits Rupert's team, goes back to apologize to Ted/Richmond. Meh. Again, everyone hates him so much now, I'd eyeroll at it.
3a) He then takes over for Ted who goes back to the US and is an assistant to Roy or Beard. Again, do I really even care about that?

I don't know if there's a Nate ending that I actually like.
There's going to be some redemption arc for Nate & Ted, Ted is going to bail to head back home so I'd lean 3a more than anything. Would be a satisfying if not predictable story arc for both. I don't think there is going to be some 'gotcha' ending to this series.

Predictions and wild-*** guesses (increasingly ludicrous)

Nate will end up back at Richmond and date the hostess.

Keely‘s fling leads to her going back to Roy, but they will hint at Jamey.

Jamey breaks out and becomes a superstar and leads them to the top, but keeps the team involved. Cameo from his dirtbag dad at some point.

Rebecca goes a bit dark, but comes out of it with either a new love interest or some new purpose. Could be Sam. Could even be Ted. She might buy a baby or seven.

Beard disappears and the GF is the prime suspect. We never find him again.

Ted resigns after winning ti all and shows up in the states at 4 AM with a piece of heavy rope dipped in red paint….

Nate def going back to Richmond, he will likely get canned or something for losing the big match to Richmond.

Ted is the one that makes it happen as he leaves to go back to US.

Something is off with this season. It’s still decent but not quite as good as the first couple seasons.
Agreed. The feel good vibe of the first two seasons is virtually non-existent now. I am still comfortable calling this an all-timer because of how incredible the first two seasons are, but it's a bummer seeing them stumble in this third and last season.

Something is off with this season. It’s still decent but not quite as good as the first couple seasons.
Agreed. The feel good vibe of the first two seasons is virtually non-existent now. I am still comfortable calling this an all-timer because of how incredible the first two seasons are, but it's a bummer seeing them stumble in this third and last season.
Interested to see how you feel about the latest episode

Interested to see how you feel about the latest episode

"IMO it had a season 1 feel and was by far one of the better episodes in the series"
Well I enjoyed it

The season started out slow but the last few (I haven't watched the latest) have had some pretty powerful moments and made me feel stuff I felt the first two seasons.

I enjoyed the latest ep. Was a bit more whimsical and hopefully jumpstarts the fun.

Jamie and Roy's Bromance is growing. Didn't see Trent Crimm's reveal coming. Ted discovering triangles/total football made me laugh. Not enough Keely although her appearance on tv similar to the Everton episode was a nice call back. Roy may need to go to the ER to treat the huge burn Rebecca laid on him. And of course, finally the pillow fight Ted has warned them about since s1.

I enjoyed the latest ep. Was a bit more whimsical and hopefully jumpstarts the fun.

Jamie and Roy's Bromance is growing. Didn't see Trent Crimm's reveal coming. Ted discovering triangles/total football made me laugh. Not enough Keely although her appearance on tv similar to the Everton episode was a nice call back. Roy may need to go to the ER to treat the huge burn Rebecca laid on him. And of course, finally the pillow fight Ted has warned them about since s1.
I didn't see the second thing you speak of coming, I just figured they'd take the typical route with it. I was glad it went the way it did.

Great episode. I called the Trent thing when he saw them outside the restaurant fwiw. It was cool how they played it all out. That dude is gonna find her by fishing her phone out of the water I bet.

That dude is gonna find her by fishing her phone out of the water I bet.
I'm predicting "they did" and she ends up pregnant. Doesn't know his name and the house boat will be gone.
Nah, the fact he's got a kid means the prophecy will be fulfilled by her selling the team, donating the wealth, and living happily (modestly) on the houseboat (with her new family).

I'm predicting "they did" and she ends up pregnant. Doesn't know his name and the house boat will be gone.
He said that “they did” to himself after she walked out.
I took that as "Connecting/they connected" and that they did not have teh secks.
Same here.

Plus there was the scene where she fell asleep as he rubbed her feet. So, if "they did," that would be "teh rape" and I don't think this show would go there.

I took that as "Connecting/they connected" and that they did not have teh secks.
that is exactly what it was. Else we are basically talking rape and that was NOT what that episode was about in any way.

Same here.

Plus there was the scene where she fell asleep as he rubbed her feet. So, if "they did," that would be "teh rape" and I don't think this show would go there.
Good point. Forgot she fell asleep there. Yeah, doubt the show would go there.

I guess I’m a curmudgeon. The episode was okay. Roy/Jaime was the the best part by far - that’s the show I enjoyed. Seeing the characters deepen their relationships. Everything else just seemed random and frankly, I just didn’t care.

The winning streak begins now…they cruise up the table to an ultimate showdown with West Ham…win or lose something occurs that the dickbag owner sacks Nate…Ted is perceived a winner regardless and returns home to KC to his son…TBD on the wife…gets Nate his job with Ted making it happen.…Roy gets back with Keely…Jaime Tart becomes Richmond legend…Coach Beard goes on a spiritual journey ultimately ends at Bayern Munich as an advisor…Colin (the gay player comes out publicly...Rebecca keeps team and Higgins rises to GM and main advisor role while opening a Jazz bar in Shoreditch.…Final scene is with Ted coaching high school kids in KC.…this is all told via Ted Crimm narrating…his best selling book on the Richmond season has released.

The winning streak begins now…they cruise up the table to an ultimate showdown with West Ham…win or lose something occurs that the dickbag owner sacks Nate…Ted is perceived a winner regardless and returns home to KC to his son…TBD on the wife…gets Nate his job with Ted making it happen.…Roy gets back with Keely…Jaime Tart becomes Richmond legend…Coach Beard goes on a spiritual journey ultimately ends at Bayern Munich as an advisor…Colin (the gay player comes out publicly...Rebecca keeps team and Higgins rises to GM and main advisor role while opening a Jazz bar in Shoreditch.…Final scene is with Ted coaching high school kids in KC.…this is all told via Ted Crimm narrating…his best selling book on the Richmond season has released.
And Dani holding a tulip with a stupid grin on his face.

That is pretty much exactly how this series should end, well done.

Agreed. Though I do think Rebecca lets the team go somehow to go live the modest life with boat guy.

Definitely, as @The General pointed out, I think we will see: Ted back in the states and happy (though possibly as a single man), Nate coaching Richmond, Colin coming out as gay and being accepted, Richmond in the premier league final match (though they may lose), Tart as the star, and the series ending with a Trent Crim wry smile as he reads from his book that told this story.

ETA: Maybe Keely and her new lesbian lover/boss get the team and Higgins runs the day to day?

Last edited:
Agreed. Though I do think Rebecca lets the team go somehow to go live the modest life with boat guy.

Definitely, as @The General pointed out, I think we will see: Ted back in the states and happy (though possibly as a single man), Nate coaching Richmond, Colin coming out as gay and being accepted, Richmond in the premier league final match (though they may lose), Tart as the star, and the series ending with a Trent Crim wry smile as he reads from his book that told this story.

ETA: Maybe Keely and her new lesbian lover/boss get the team and Higgins runs the day to day?
Yep. If the boat guy makes another appearance they are def getting together.

Great episode this week. Loved the use of the music from VICTORY! while Beard breaks down Total Football
And everyone giving Tartt "The Signal" at halftime.

I think Barbara knew Jack's habit of coming on strong and "love bombing" and was trying to protect Keeley from it, now its too late. Guessing it has ended badly in the past.

"Yes, but he's our dork"

Solid episode, a step below the last two but seemingly advanced several story lines.

Actually had some potentially powerful scenes.
The team banding together and deleting all photos that can get hacked/leaked. Isaac learning Colin's secret. Jaime's apology (call back to s1 with "accountability"

Users who are viewing this thread