What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ted Lasso (Apple TV - Season 3 coming March 2023!!!) (1 Viewer)

Ted goes back to US and is offered an NFL job with Beard as OC.
That's a funny way to spell MLS.

Especially after they win the EPL next week

I guess this could happen. I just thought if they really wanted to end on a happy note for him, an NFL team would be better. Going from EPL to MLS is a terrible move.
I agree the move is a step down but worth more to go home near his boy right?
Plus he's now a soccer coach and has been away from American Football for 3 years.

I do hear the USMNT needs a coach!
You guys know he's not a real person, right?

I guess this could happen. I just thought if they really wanted to end on a happy note for him, an NFL team would be better. Going from EPL to MLS is a terrible move.
Plus he's now a soccer coach and has been away from American Football for 3 years.

Pep seems to think he’s real! Also, as an aside, Pep doesn’t really care about wins and losses. Who knew?!?

Predictions and wild-*** guesses (increasingly ludicrous)

Nate will end up back at Richmond and date the hostess.

Keely‘s fling leads to her going back to Roy, but they will hint at Jamey.

Jamey breaks out and becomes a superstar and leads them to the top, but keeps the team involved. Cameo from his dirtbag dad at some point.

Rebecca goes a bit dark, but comes out of it with either a new love interest or some new purpose. Could be Sam. Could even be Ted. She might buy a baby or seven.

Beard disappears and the GF is the prime suspect. We never find him again.

Ted resigns after winning ti all and shows up in the states at 4 AM with a piece of heavy rope dipped in red paint….

Pretty good list here - ignoring the last two.

So, what is left to wrap up? Considering the popularity of the show and the rumors of them continuing either without Sudekis or with him in the States I will work under the assumption that they won't feel compelled to close too many doors in case they continue:

• Seems inevitable they plan to have the Greyhounds win the title although I could possibly see a curveball/teaching moment with them finishing 2nd. Thinking they will win it though
  • Ted - he has to go back home to the States now - unless they decide for him and Michelle to get back together and move the family to London permanently.
  • Nate and Ted "reunion" - think this has to happen in the last episode.
Not sure they have to tackle anything else to leave a s4 option open while still feeling like they could end it. I don't think we even need a definitive answer on Roy/Keeley

I get why beard was the hold out. I'm just confused why showing Nate hide under the table was the deciding factor?

I get why beard was the hold out. I'm just confused why showing Nate hide under the table was the deciding factor?

That wasn't the deciding factor. It was what Ted said about second chances.
ah gotcha... about judging a man at his lowest point.... yeah that didn't click with me watching until now
it didn’t click with me while watching that it was Jamie’s dad in rehab when they showed that part. man what a good episode

That wasn't the deciding factor. It was what Ted said about second chances.
ah gotcha... about judging a man at his lowest point.... yeah that didn't click with me watching until now
it didn’t click with me while watching that it was Jamie’s dad in rehab when they showed that part. man what a good episode
Well that part was obvious ;) :P

That whole thing with Jamie's family dynamic arc whatever was about as good as you could ask for in a one episode wrap up.

I wish more shows would do that. It's ok to have definitive story arc endings. Lasso is doing a really good job with it.

Wait, this isn't a documentary like Sunderland Until I Die?

I feel like I missed an episode that showed Nate’s resignation/rationale. All of a sudden *poof* he quit and won’t get out of bed.

I feel like I missed an episode that showed Nate’s resignation/rationale. All of a sudden *poof* he quit and won’t get out of bed.
I thought that was the worst part of the season. Made no sense. Had to be stuff they filmed that they just cut.

I thought that was the worst part of the season. Made no sense. Had to be stuff they filmed that they just cut.
I felt like the brushed over it too quickly also. I mean after Rupert tried to have him cheat was the last straw obviously but yeah

I felt like the brushed over it too quickly also. I mean after Rupert tried to have him cheat was the last straw obviously but yeah
Yeah, you can work backward and figure it out, but it feels like sometimes when I make what I think is a really funny joke and then realize that I made 1 or 2 too many connections in my head that nobody else is making.

OK, that was a fantastic episode. The last two have been great….this was a whole other level.

Lol. I thought that episode was terrible.

Its funny how two people can react completely differently.
There's always one... :boxing:

What didn't you like about it?

I think it was really the ultimate example of what is wrong with this season.* All these storylines come out of nowhere and then they fly through them because they have a ton of stuff they want to cover. Like Tartt having a mental breakdown with his dad. Or last week Nate quitting. And then everyone immediately wanting him back. There are just a bunch of those stories (Zava - what was that?).

*To be clear - I still like the show well enough. And I will watch the spin-off. I just think this season has been it’s worst. And this episode was a microcosm of that.

OK, that was a fantastic episode. The last two have been great….this was a whole other level.

There's always one... :boxing:

What didn't you like about it?

I think it was really the ultimate example of what is wrong with this season.* All these storylines come out of nowhere and then they fly through them because they have a ton of stuff they want to cover. Like Tartt having a mental breakdown with his dad. Or last week Nate quitting. And then everyone immediately wanting him back. There are just a bunch of those stories (Zava - what was that?).

*To be clear - I still like the show well enough. And I will watch the spin-off. I just think this season has been it’s worst. And this episode was a microcosm of that.
Thanks for answering. And I can see what you are saying. I think they have tried to spread out some of the storylines being resolved and it has caused a few to be done abruptly.

And I agree with you on Zava, but as I was thinking about a response, I have to believe the Zava thing was a catalyst to strengthen Rebecca and mature Jaime. Could it have been done better? Maybe. But using Zlatan for that was somewhat fun.
By signing Zava in the way she did, she regains her strength and starts to move on from Rupert and not have everything she does be motivated by "beating Rupert".
Tartt is motivated to work to be the best (not just acting like he is) resulting in growth as a player and a person. It's just poopeh!

The last 30 minutes of the episode - from Tartt overcoming the injury to the end - was amazing TV. One thing I didn’t catch right away was when Ted asked Jaime what he would say to his dad and he said ‘F U and thank you’ and realized that Ted used that as his motivation to confront his mom bouncing between those two phrases.

I really hope they don’t try to extend the series, they’re reaching the perfect ending. Don’t repeat the mistakes of Scrubs, even with a great cast you won’t be able to continue what they had with Ted.

Just watched E10 and E11 this morning. Fantastic. There's usually a moment per episode that makes the room dusty, but damn they poured it on in E10. I did love evil Dani Rojas as brief as that was.

I had to exit E10 and go back to check if I skipped the Nate leaving West Ham episode. Maybe I missed it, but do we even know if he quit or if he was fired?

I had to exit E10 and go back to check if I skipped the Nate leaving West Ham episode. Maybe I missed it, but do we even know if he quit or if he was fired?
They had one line where he said he left on his own. This came after he left Rupert at the club.

Just watched E10 and E11 this morning. Fantastic. There's usually a moment per episode that makes the room dusty, but damn they poured it on in E10. I did love evil Dani Rojas as brief as that was.

I think it was left intentionally ambiguous

Wait - you thought this last episode was terrible? I don’t see how you could like the show and think that episode was terrible - I’d probably say it’s the best episode they’ve ever done.

I mean - I’m in awe of what the writers did with this episode. Top of head we got:

• Shown how Ted is Ted - his Mom shaped his personality so much. But despite his goofiness and eternal optimism he still was devastated by his Fathers death and needed closure
  • Ted recognizing what was always there in front of us - his kid needs him, they miss each other and even if things with Michelle don’t work out he has to go home
  • Nate needing his Fathers approval - like many of us
  • Why Beard is so loyal to Ted - amazing scene
  • Ted reminding Beard of 2nd chances
  • Rebecca commiserating with Rupert’s other conquests
  • Jamie coming to grips with his Dad - who was in rehab and seemed genuinely happy for Jaime
  • Finding out Jaime idolized Roy all this time
  • Nate needing and wanting Ted’s forgiveness- writing the 60 page apology letter
I’m maybe missing some things but they did all of that, advanced the soccer storyline and mixed in the laughs they always do. Just phenomenal on all levels, IMO.

Last edited:
Two comments

1) I am happy they are staying true to the sport for the on field stuff. I was afraid they were going to go for the ending where Richmond plays Man City in a winner take all game, which almost never ever happens in the sport (in league play). No matter how they end it, it is much more realistic to have two games going on at the same time that determines who wins and who does not (like what just happened in Germany this morning).

2) Top shelf sit com for me. Assuming it does not face plant in the very last episode, it could be my favorite of all time. If I was absolutely forced to find a flaw, it would have to be with Rupert. I know sit coms really don't have the time to develop "the bad guy" but they had such a good actor in place for Rupert(we are doing a rewatch of Buffy at the same time so it is so stark) and gave him nothing to do besides be a philanderer.

I think that last episode were the only save Vandamme has ever made on the show. Guy was like the worst keeper for the first 2.75 seasons of the show (and somehow made his national team?).

I think that last episode were the only save Vandamme has ever made on the show. Guy was like the worst keeper for the first 2.75 seasons of the show (and somehow made his national team?).
To be fair, it’s the Canadian national team. He only had to beat out some dude wearing sweatpants

For those unaware of the joke, this Sunday league looking doofus helped get Canada to the WC

My predictions:

- I don't know if Ted gets back together with his wife or if this resolution will just be him moving on from it, but I think he returns to the USA to coach the NFLs newest expansion team, the Wichita Believers.
- Nate quits West Ham over stuff Rupert does, probably involving Jade. I don't know what happens after. Nate's arc this season has been him transforming from a shy, unassertive loser into someone who does the opposite. Asking Jade out and turning down Rupert are part of the transformation. It may be enough resolution for Nate to dramatically walk out on Rupert and make up with Ted.
- Roy takes over at Richmond. They are setting this up with him doing the press conferences.
Nate is still an awkward person. Like a bull in a China shop. Not sure Nate is up for owning the restaurant. When he was working there he was watching the game on tv.

Last edited:
Yeah, liked it a lot.

Who did keeley end up with? Obviously not one of the 2, as it appeared she had changed the name of her company to "KBPR" (Unless I misread it)

Could see the soccer results coming a mile away, but still got the chills at the end

Yeah, liked it a lot.

Who did keeley end up with? Obviously not one of the 2, as it appeared she had changed the name of her company to "KBPR" (Unless I misread it)

Could see the soccer results coming a mile away, but still got the chills at the end
Could be for Keeley and Barbara (the CFO that stayed)? Nothing romantic just business partners

Oddly both happy and sad they didn't win the title. Shut up Thierry Henry

Users who are viewing this thread