What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The 25 Greatest Films of the 21st Century So Far (1 Viewer)

Correctly, it should be 2001-present.

[snob hat on]A '0' should be the last year of a decade/year/century because when you count, you start with 1 and end with the 10/100/1000. When we switch decades/centuries/millennia we like to go with the 9 as the end of the previous era. [/snob hat off]
Not sure I follow. If ending is 9 is the end of the previous era then year 0-1 is year 1, 1-2 is year 2,...9 to 0 is year 10.  So all of 2000 thru all of 2009 would correctly be the 10-year decade. (the time between 12:00 and 12:01 is not part of the 11-o'clock hour)

Standing by Gladiator as pretty iconic, helped launch DVDs, and in 2000 and counts! :)  

Last edited by a moderator:
Correctly, it should be 2001-present.

[snob hat on]A '0' should be the last year of a decade/year/century because when you count, you start with 1 and end with the 10/100/1000. When we switch decades/centuries/millennia we like to go with the 9 as the end of the previous era. [/snob hat off]
Not sure I follow. If ending is 9 is the end of the previous era then year 0-1 is year 1, 1-2 is year 2,...9 to 0 is year 10.  So all of 2000 thru all of 2009 would correctly be the 10-year decade. (the time between 12:00 and 12:01 is not part of the 11-o'clock hour)

Standing by Gladiator as pretty iconic, helped launch DVDs, and in 2000 and counts! :)  
May not read well. I'm saying people tend to like ending an era with a nine instead of the 10/100/1000, despite the fact that we start counting at a one.

Every movie is light years better than Happiness.  
:popcorn:  

It's on Amazon, but we inexplicably watched a small movie called Sorceress last night, I think because the blurb likened it to Let the Right one in. So we watched. And watched. And literally nothing happened, nor did any part of it make any sense from a narrative, visual, dialog or any other standpoint.

Imagine watching an OK, not great looking woman looking at herself in mirror and fixing her hair for 60 minutes. And then occasionally talking to another woman, but imagine the dialog was written by somebody who had never actual had a conversation before, but understood they needed to include some words. It was so bad and pointless that at a certain point it felt like a matter of necessity to see if anything at all was going to happen or make sense. No. At the end, there's a music performance by the protagonist that is sooooooooo painfully bad (and nonsensical) that we finally realized that the movie was essential the equivalent of posting your kids ####ty scribbles on your firdge or FB page as "art". Made in Finland, because the Finnish gov gives money for the arts. 
it's called sorceress... and I think she talks about magic, but again- nothing ever happens, magical or otherwise.

I'm honestly astonished Amazon picked this up. It's like a bad- horrifically bad- student short. Except it's long. And it's not "fun/campy" bad... there is no fun here. Nothing happens. And again, the dialogue is written as if the writer has never actually had conversation with a real human being before... words are spoken, but without intent, meaning direction, or any sense. Definitely student film, but to call it sophomoric does an injustice to any wisdom fools out there might have. There is none here. Like a vanity piece by a non interesting and entirely untalented asberger kid. I've seen some terrible movies (dungeons and dragons, the sixth man)... but this is without a doubt the worst movie I've ever seen. 

Eta... And made worse because of the inexplicable comparison to the fantastic Let the Right One In. It's as if a hardware store decided to serve food and put a bunch of nails on a plate, spray painted then yellow and called it a curry. 

Eta2- the spray painted nails are waaaaaaay more interesting than this film.

Users who are viewing this thread