What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The 49ers - The implosion continues tonight (1 Viewer)

I've had it with all of Singletary's hyperbole. If he doesn't win tonight, it's time for him and Jimmy Raye to go. I gave credit to Jed York for getting this team on the right track but I think this team is close to imploding in a crappy division.

Jimmy Raye. This guy is the OC. Seriously? My lord. That Yahoo! article was probably right on the money.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had it with all of Singletary's hyperbole. If he doesn't win tonight, it's time for him and Jimmy Raye to go. I gave credit to Jed York for getting this team on the right track but I think this team is close to imploding in a crappy division.

Jimmy Raye. This guy is the OC. Seriously? My lord. That Yahoo! article was probably right on the money.
BINGO . biggest problem with this team.

Im a Niners fan, and it's funny how one single game changes people's views. before the season started no one was picking the Niners to beat the Saints. In fact, most people chalked the game up as an L. But because of meltdown in Seattle, people are calling for everyone's heads. The same people who don't understand that its easier to destroy than to rebuild. And if the coaching staff is fired, the Niners will need another three years or so to rebuild. Let Mike and company finish the season and then look at results.

Im a Niners fan, and it's funny how one single game changes people's views. before the season started no one was picking the Niners to beat the Saints. In fact, most people chalked the game up as an L. But because of meltdown in Seattle, people are calling for everyone's heads. The same people who don't understand that its easier to destroy than to rebuild. And if the coaching staff is fired, the Niners will need another three years or so to rebuild. Let Mike and company finish the season and then look at results.
:shrug: If the 49ers can stay within the spread (5.5 last I saw) they should count that as a win. Crabtree and Smith were off last Sunday. If Smith reverts to late last- and pre-season form they'll be back in the saddle. NO ONE is running away with NFC West. 9-7 or 8-8 probably wins it. Crabtree needs to get his head on straight, and the offense could use some better decision-making (including play-calls near the goal line), but if Smith calms down and plays the way he's capable the Niners are still the favorite in that division.

I'm gonna go against the grain on this one. I think SF gives NO a game, despite Jimmy Raye. I think the 9ers might go all out blitz tonight. Vesy aggressive D game plan. Could backfire, might work. I think SF matches up pretty good in this game.

I've been calling for Jimmy Raye to be fired from th 1st day I found out he weaseled his way back into an OC gig.

I'm gonna go against the grain on this one. I think SF gives NO a game, despite Jimmy Raye. I think the 9ers might go all out blitz tonight. Vesy aggressive D game plan. Could backfire, might work. I think SF matches up pretty good in this game.
Would love to see a 9er win. This game is a litmus test for the season. I bought the Singletary stuff early on but more and more, I see success in this game requiring brain power and solid communication skills. I don't see that. Like many have said, the game is a lot different than Singletary's mid-1980s Bears. I don't think that stuff is as effective any more (not saying it's not important).

The Niners need a new OC and a new QB. That is obvious. If the team will make those changes, and obviously the QB change isn't going to happen overnight I'm talking more about in the offseason, then I am still willing to give Singletary a chance.

I've been calling for Jimmy Raye to be fired from th 1st day I found out he weaseled his way back into an OC gig.
Of all the offensive minds across the NFL and NCAA, this guy was taken off the scrap heap. The Yorks are the ones to blame, not Singletary.The 9ers should never have fired Mooch.

Gore needs to have a big game and therefore so does the SF OL. Sprinkle in a turnover or two and I could see an SF upset.

This Niners fan thinks Raye should be fired either way. It was a horrible signing that reeked of desperation.
I do agree that Raye's playcalling is awful. but if Mike doesn't fire him, again, let's look at results after this year is over.

Of all the offensive minds across the NFL and NCAA, this guy was taken off the scrap heap. The Yorks are the ones to blame, not Singletary.The 9ers should never have fired Mooch.
As a Lions fan, I can only LMAO at this after what he did in Detroit.

Of all the offensive minds across the NFL and NCAA, this guy was taken off the scrap heap. The Yorks are the ones to blame, not Singletary.

The 9ers should never have fired Mooch.
Yes, they should have. I also don't understand those saying this is a must win for SF. They should have won against Seattle but nobody has expected them to win tonight. It's a bonus if it happens but not one person is really counting on it.

When did it become the cool thing to do to say:

"X team is about to IMPLODE....."

Maybe it's just me but it's really getting old.

As a Lions fan, I can only LMAO at this after what he did in Detroit.
Millen?
Ford, too. All good. Sorry to de-rail.

All comes down to Gore and the running game. Will open up the passing game and keep the NO offense off the field. Only way they win is if Gore has at least 20 carries.

Whaaaaaat ???

Yorks are the primary reason why they have SUCKED in the last 10 years

Whaaaaaat ???

Yorks are the primary reason why they have SUCKED in the last 10 years
They havent sucked at all in the last 4 years, getting Gore, VD and Patrick Willis among others. A base of players with their draft picks. Getting killed last week by SEA was very weak but I have confidence in them winning their division. Even despite Alex Smith.

Mooch was ok, but hes made out to be much better than he was. He was given a great team by seifert. great oline, two of the 5 greatest receivers ever. young. walsh even found a good qb in garcia.

They came up with a big effort which means Singletary still has the guys on his side for now. However, it was a tough emotional letdown type of loss and there was still at least one obvious situation where they didn't get the play on time.

Even though they looked sharp tonight they still face another test next week. They have a winnable game next week against the Chiefs. However it is on the road, it is a short week and the KC fans should be pumped after their 2-0 start so it has the making of a pretty hostile environoment.

They should have gained some confidence with tonights performance, but preparing the guys for next week may actually be a bigger challenge than preparing for this week was.

The niners pulled the John Fox maneuver ... just when you think there is absolutely no way they will keep their job/season alive they do just enough to make you buy in all over again

Jed York has destroyed a once proud franchise. If Eddie D's sister hadn't reneged on her promise to give the team back to her brother in 2001 not only would this team have a brand new stadium, they would have had multiple playoff appearances in the last decade.Just wait, York is far, FAR too cheap to keep this team together.

Bottom line: 9ers hung in there with the defending super bowl champs, only losing by a last minute kick. Pretty good if you ask me.

clock management at the end was horrible for the 49ers IMO.

Beautiful drive. no reason to leave so much time on the clock for the best offense in the league.

Users who are viewing this thread