What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The 50 most interesting articles in Wikipedia (1 Viewer)

B-Deep said:
The 1958 Tybee Island B-47 crash was an incident on February 5, 1958 in which the United States Air Force lost a 7,600 pound (3,500 kg) Mark 15 hydrogen bomb in the waters off Tybee Island near Savannah, Georgia, USA. The bomb was jettisoned to save the aircrew during a practice exercise after the B-47 bomber carrying it collided in midair with an F-86 fighter plane. Following several unsuccessful searches, it was presumed lost somewhere in Wassaw Sound off the shores of Tybee Island.wtph
"The Air Force determined that it was prudent to leave the bomb covered in mud at the bottom of the sea floor rather than disturb it and risk the potential of detonation or contamination."
so lazy

TommyGilmore said:
wazoo11 said:
A few tidbits from glancing through a few of them:

2. The U.S. had a plan in the 1930s to invade Canada.

7. The prank phone calls Bart makes to Moe's are based on actual historical events.

43. So that's what that username means.
won't load me for at work; what were the reasons for US to invade Canada? :sadbanana:
England had an alliance with Japan from 1902, and we were concerned that they could team up to conquer the world. Invading Canada would be critical in any attempt to wage war against England and Japan.It was part of dozens of different military scenarios that we planned for.
So it wasn't actually a "plan" it was just a strategy for if there was a time they needed to do that.
That's what a "plan" is - a strategy in place to be prepared in case action is needed. Having a plan does not infer intent to act.
It was something you intended to act upon, but you all chickened out.

That new 'Hoarders' tv show reminded me of these guys. Collyer brothers. How they died is mind-blowing not to mention the 130 tons of garbage they stored in their brownstone.

Last edited by a moderator:
omg

2008: Abigail Taylor, age 6, died nine months after several of her internal organs were partially sucked out of her lower body while she sat on an excessively powerful swimming pool drain. After several months, surgeons replaced her intestines and pancreas with donor organs. Unfortunately, she later succumbed to a rare transplant-related cancer.[154]
Reminds me of something Chuck Palahniuk once wrote;http://www.seizureandy.com/stuff/guts.html :lmao:
Yeah, I wonder where he got that.

I saw a documentary on this once, but the wiki was a pretty good read too.

Dyatlov Pass Incident
Sounds like perhaps there was an initial accident where several of the campers were soaked. So they removed their clothing to avoid hypothermia, and perhaps tried wrapping themselves in whatever dry fabrics were available. Then it sounds like there was avalanche, burying the tent. They had to dig and cut their way out, but now several of them were basically naked in -30 degree weather and had no chance to survive. After that it could have descended into general panic and the others died too.

I saw a documentary on this once, but the wiki was a pretty good read too.

Dyatlov Pass Incident
Sounds like perhaps there was an initial accident where several of the campers were soaked. So they removed their clothing to avoid hypothermia, and perhaps tried wrapping themselves in whatever dry fabrics were available. Then it sounds like there was avalanche, burying the tent. They had to dig and cut their way out, but now several of them were basically naked in -30 degree weather and had no chance to survive. After that it could have descended into general panic and the others died too.
Where did the major injuries come from?

Oooo...this is even better Incidents at Disney parks
On August 14, 1979, a 31-year-old woman became ill after riding Space Mountain. At the unload area, she was unable to get out of the vehicle. Although employees told her to stay seated while the vehicle was removed from the track, other ride attendants did not understand that her vehicle was to be removed and sent her through the ride a second time. She arrived at the unloading zone semi-conscious. The victim was subsequently taken to Palm Harbor Hospital where she remained in a coma and died seven days later. The coroner's report attributed the death to natural causes: a heart tumor had dislodged and entered her brain. A subsequent lawsuit against the park was dismissed.[28]

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread