What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Arizona Diamondbacks are in the World Series? (1 Viewer)

KGB

Footballguy
I live in AZ and barely knew they were in the playoffs. :popcorn:

AZ + 140

I think Ill wait for them to lose a few

Of course they are, they beat the Brewers in the playoffs. Don't you know the rule that the team who beats the Brewers in the playoffs is an automatic qualifier for the World Series? Don't believe me, look it up.

Arizona Diamondbacks???

Didn't MLB go to a promotion/relegation system and this is a former Triple AAA team?

Baseball is dumb
The actual playoff games themselves this year have been phenomenal. Yes these are two unexpected teams, but if you watch the games themselves and how well both teams have played "dumb" shouldn't be in the stratosphere of how they can be described. While you may be able to criticize the new-ish playoff format, both Texas and Arizona have played the best in the playoffs and deserve to be there. I say this as a fan of neither team.*

*Well, since I'm a Mets fan and now live in AZ, I rooted hard for the Diamondbacks against the Phillies because **** the Phillies. Nonetheless, I strongly believe I make this statement objectively.

Baseball is dumb
The actual playoff games themselves this year have been phenomenal. Yes these are two unexpected teams, but if you watch the games themselves and how well both teams have played "dumb" shouldn't be in the stratosphere of how they can be described. While you may be able to criticize the new-ish playoff format, both Texas and Arizona have played the best in the playoffs and deserve to be there. I say this as a fan of neither team.*

*Well, since I'm a Mets fan and now live in AZ, I rooted hard for the Diamondbacks against the Phillies because **** the Phillies. Nonetheless, I strongly believe I make this statement objectively.
I was just being sour because my team lost

🤷🏻‍♂️

Baseball is dumb

I was just being sour because my team lost

🤷🏻‍♂️
Oh. Carry on then.

no get the yotes in the Stanley cup final and I know that hell is freezing over

Or Tempe is about to. Which really isn't all that different given the Tempe mascot.

There's a joke in there somewhere, but it's all way too literal, darn it.

Ahhh yes the Arizona Diamondbacks. One of the storied franchises in America. I do believe the team was named for Vivien Leigh's quote during her divorce proceedings with Laurence Olivier: "you can keep the kids, I just want my diamond back". It's fun stuff like that which truly makes baseball special.

Last edited:
Of course they are, they beat the Brewers in the playoffs. Don't you know the rule that the team who beats the Brewers in the playoffs is an automatic qualifier for the World Series? Don't believe me, look it up.
And whoever beats LA wins the World Series.
Baseball is dumb

and the overrated Harper. Takes a certain Angel to make Harper look like a good guy.

Users who are viewing this thread