What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Bill Barr Appreciation Thread (1 Viewer)

https://www.allsides.com/media-bias/media-bias-chart

You continue to quote opinion pieces from far left or left leaning sources and passing them off as fact to win some argument in your mind.  Barr is more reputable from some “hot take” you find.  Stop it. 

Its not about a win...I cite sources (not all opinion pieces) that rate well as far as factual presentation and sourcing.

You have provided absolutely nothing at all...just a claim that what I said “simply is not true”.

He spoke on it how he interpreted it.  That isn't a misrepresentation or propaganda as you called it.  
If he posted things that were contrary to the report (and he did) he was, by definition, misrepresenting the report.  
His interpretation was heavily biased, at best.  So back to what started this line of conversation...saying his press conference was brilliant or that others framing of the Mueller report was propaganda is not a logical point.  It is that which I disagreed with based in the clearly biased (and that is best case scenario) misrepresentation of the facts of Mueller's report. 

That's solid shtick from the Dems.  

Wow.  so 1100 former Trump-hating DOJ "officials" say Bill Bar has no oversight of the attorneys on his staff?  Specially, attorneys who went off the reservation when recommending sentencing?

Seriously, I'd like to know why you two insist on making this a partisan outcry when its undeniably clear, from reading the article, that this fairly large outcry/statement from former DOJ officials that served under Republican AND Democratic administrations is wholly a bi-partisan effort to make absolutely clear that AG Barr is doing bad crap and tarnishing the DOJ. 

One more serious question for both of you. Did you not read the article and just decide to post your own propaganda? Because that's exactly how your posts appear to me. You both appear, to me, from numerous posts that I've read that you're both unwilling to even give one tiny millimeter of consideration to differing views and actually see if your theories are honest and reputable.

Seriously, I'd like to know why you two insist on making this a partisan outcry when its undeniably clear, from reading the article, that this fairly large outcry/statement from former DOJ officials that served under Republican AND Democratic administrations is wholly a bi-partisan effort to make absolutely clear that AG Barr is doing bad crap and tarnishing the DOJ. 

One more serious question for both of you. Did you not read the article and just decide to post your own propaganda? Because that's exactly how your posts appear to me. You both appear, to me, from numerous posts that I've read that you're both unwilling to even give one tiny millimeter of consideration to differing views and actually see if your theories are honest and reputable.
https://spectator.org/republicans-go-to-jail-democrats-run-free/

Here is some light reading on why some might think the DOJ has been partisan for a long time.

I found it comical that now they think there is a problem. I did click on the article and the 1100 names are just people who signed an online petition that worked in govt law at some point in their career. 

Do you really believe the things Flynn and Stone are worse than what Comey, Brennan, McCabe, Clapper, and Clinton did?  Recommending jail for one side and no indictments for the other doesnt add up. 

Do you really believe the things Flynn and Stone are worse than what Comey, Brennan, McCabe, Clapper, and Clinton did?  Recommending jail for one side and no indictments for the other doesnt add up. 
Why do you think Barr allowed the McCabe investigation to be dropped?  Or not pursue charges against any of the others?  I want the truth on all sides.  If there is enough evidence for a trial than do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do you think Barr allowed the McCabe investigation to be dropped?  Or not pursue charges against any of the others?  I want the truth on all sides.  If there is enough evidence for a trial than do it.
Word is they dropped it to pursue a bigger case.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/doj-opens-news-investigation-into-james-comey-andrew-mccabe-peter-strzok-former-top-official-says?utm_content=buffer957d0&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=tw-theblaze

A few weeks ago in an interview Barr said something about wanting to stop each side from trying to put the other side in jail.    I think he believes it’s a the way to restore normalcy.  I think it’s not the way.  I think DOJ employees should be held to a higher standard and not a lower one. I think we need a lot light shining on the corrupt practices of the department (not just in these high profile cases).  You need to tear  it down before you build it back up and you need to take away the surveillance toys they cannot be trusted with.

A conspiracy theory for everything. No matter how plain and obvious.
It used to be when the lunatic at the subway entrance was handing out his self published pamphlets you could verify with your eyes and ears that something wasn't right with the dude. Now anybody with access to the library computer and $20 to register a legitimate sounding website is given the same legitimacy, amongst some, as actual news sources.  It's insanity. 

https://spectator.org/republicans-go-to-jail-democrats-run-free/

Here is some light reading on why some might think the DOJ has been partisan for a long time.

I found it comical that now they think there is a problem. I did click on the article and the 1100 names are just people who signed an online petition that worked in govt law at some point in their career. 

>>The Department has a long-standing practice in which political appointees set broad policies that line prosecutors apply to individual cases. That practice exists to animate the constitutional principles regarding the even-handed application of the law. Although there are times when political leadership appropriately weighs in on individual prosecutions, it is unheard of for the Department’s top leaders to overrule line prosecutors, who are following established policies, in order to give preferential treatment to a close associate of the President, as Attorney General Barr did in the Stone case. It is even more outrageous for the Attorney General to intervene as he did here — after the President publicly condemned the sentencing recommendation that line prosecutors had already filed in court.

Such behavior is a grave threat to the fair administration of justice. In this nation, we are all equal before the law. A person should not be given special treatment in a criminal prosecution because they are a close political ally of the President. Governments that use the enormous power of law enforcement to punish their enemies and reward their allies are not constitutional republics; they are autocracies.<<

- In that laundry list of claims I don’t see anything remotely close to this.

That's solid shtick from the Dems.  
Barr's former boss, Deputy Attorney General in the President George HW Bush administration, Republican and conservative Donald Ayer, is calling on Barr to resign:

Bill Barr Must Resign

The attorney general is working to destroy the integrity and independence of the Justice Department, in order to make Donald Trump a president who can operate above the law.

Bad as they are, these examples are more symptoms than causes of Barr’s unfitness for office. The fundamental problem is that he does not believe in the central tenet of our system of government—that no person is above the law. In chilling terms, Barr’s own words make clear his long-held belief in the need for a virtually autocratic executive who is not constrained by countervailing powers within our government under the constitutional system of checks and balances.  

Indeed, given our national faith and trust in a rule of law no one can subvert, it is not too strong to say that Bill Barr is un-American. And now, from his perch as attorney general, he is in the midst of a root-and-branch attack on the core principles that have guided our justice system, and especially our Department of Justice, since the 1970s.

:lmao:

You can't even dispute any claims in my post.

I challenge @Joe Bryant , or anyone here, to dispute any of the claims in my post.

If you can disprove anything from my post I will show myself the exit.

The unchecked disinformation and propaganda allowed at this place is sad.
I've no idea what post you're even talking about and I can't imagine having less interest in "proving" you, or anyone here, wrong. 

For any post, state what you think and why you think it. 

If you disagree with the post, state what you think is wrong and if you really want to be a good poster, offer some reputable links with info to back your point. The posts that are just "you're wrong" bring little to no value. Let the board know why you think what you think. 

It's pretty much how every thread should work. 

What do you think of Horowitz stating McCabe lied to the FBI?

As I recall, you quit a forum over that.
I think it was an interesting conflict between Comey & McCabe but the grand jury turning down charges and the Foia suit that followed resolved things in McCabe’s favor. In fact that Foia suit forced the DOJ to finally reveal that McCabe would not be charged, otherwise they were going to hold that information indefinitely so that Trump could claim McCabe was under investigation long after he no longer was. A judge put a halt to that.

You remember incorrectly. I’ve offered to discuss Horowitz 1, Horowitz 2, Huber, Durham and the Biden claims ad nauseum in the FBI & Conspiracism threads. Glad to @ you if you can’t find them.

I challenge @Joe Bryant , or anyone here, to dispute any of the claims in my post.

I would agree...unchecked disinformation and propaganda is a bad thing...which is why several have disputed your post and you have brought not one fact or link to prove any of it.  

This entire post is pure bunk. None of these statements are true. I won't bother countering it because every time you post these baseless claims someone else does counter them, you ignore it and repeat (again) the lies and propaganda you've been fed. But hey, you go on believing crap that reinforces your preconceived notions.

I've no idea what post you're even talking about and I can't imagine having less interest in "proving" you, or anyone here, wrong. 

For any post, state what you think and why you think it. 

If you disagree with the post, state what you think is wrong and if you really want to be a good poster, offer some reputable links with info to back your point. The posts that are just "you're wrong" bring little to no value. Let the board know why you think what you think. 

It's pretty much how every thread should work. 
I'll eat one for the team.  Maybe one of the mods can enforce @Maurile Tremblay or your rules for the forum.  I believe posts are supposed to be about the subject and not the other poster.  I believe we are supposed to be excellent to other posters.  In lieu of that, we are supposed to ignore and just scroll on.  Of course we are also not supposed to comment on the moderation outside of the "You are about to be suspended thread"  I would have commented there, but I don't know how to quote posts from other threads in different threads and keep the formatting.  Therefore I should also be suspended.  It's worth it if it cleans up this kind of garbage.  @Ruffrodys05 and @Bozeman Bruiser follow the freaking rules or kindly exit.

I think the consensus of most is that 7-9 years for Stone is too high, but now saying so is apparently the end of the Republic.  I hope Barr is aware of the level of crazy he is up against...

I think the consensus of most is that 7-9 years for Stone is too high, but now saying so is apparently the end of the Republic.  I hope Barr is aware of the level of crazy he is up against...
Consensus of who?  Are you claiming all of the ex DOJ and Federal Judges who have spoken out are crazy?

:lmao:   I am dying over here.   :clap:
How so...please unpack this and bring something other than laughs please.  Do you have a problem with the sources I used...if so, why and please cite something other than your own opinion.  Because here, we have been asked to use sources to back up our points...and have been shown multiple media bias charts to do that as well.

...and like Saints...I invite you to actually show where anything Boze posted "owned" anyone...his post has been disputed by multiple people and the same points discussed pretty often.  You can give it a try if you like...

For starters, go ahead and back up your claims with links showing Bozeman's post was wrong.   :popcorn:
Ahh...so again you refuse to do anything when asked (just as you did when you made an unsubstantiated claim that Mueller's team was corrupt).

Also...bozeman's post has been refuted many times over.  I don't think its up to posters on this board to have to keep proving it wrong every time its claimed that Biden had a guy fired for investigating Burisma.  But if you want...here is a link of that yet again.  Showing that I can, in fact, show that...I suggest you try proving any one of his claims...care to try it?

investigation was dormant

Ousted for the opposite reason that Bozeman and Trump have claimed.

And another...

The only claims that the guy was fired for investigating Burisma...come from the guy who was fired making that claim after the fact (and then cited by biased "journalist" John Solomon...he of pushing propaganda and even FoxNews knows he was pushing bogus narratives...you can read about that here

I applaud your effort, but opinion pieces don't work with me.  I like how you choose to selectively disbelieve folks like the guy who was actually fired to prove your narrative.  Fact is that this has not been debunked and it should be investigated.
Those were not just opinion pieces...and has absolutely zero to refute it from you or Boze (and Saints has tagged you in another thread if you wish to further discuss).  But please bring some links.  And yes...a guy who was fired making a claim about why he was fired (while he offered nothing to substantiate that claim), isn't the most reputable person.  Especially when official US policy and that of our European allies were all wanting him out because of his own issues with corruption.  

And no...what you claim is a fact here...is not actually a fact.

I notice again your post contains little more than your opinion and zero link.  Odd how that always works.

Yes, odd how until there is an investigation there is no proof of anything.   :rolleyes:    All you have is opinion that is slanted by your biased sources.  I am sure you are looking forward to an investigation to make sure Biden wasn't acting corruptly.  
Amigo there’s plenty information in that in the thread I just directed you to. Please take a moment to educate yourself.

Yes, odd how until there is an investigation there is no proof of anything.   :rolleyes:    All you have is opinion that is slanted by your biased sources.  I am sure you are looking forward to an investigation to make sure Biden wasn't acting corruptly.  
As this is the Barr thread and not baseless investigation thread...I direct you here

Saints and I would be happy to carry on the conversation if you wish to do so and bring some links...thus far...facts have been provided to you which you have written off as biased sources (a dubious claim) and just opinion (also dubious claim).  You, in turn, have provided zero links or sources to back up the claims you are making.

As for an investigation...there is zero probable cause for one...we know, in fact, Biden was acting with bipartisan support of official US policy.  

In any case...its no longer on topic for this thread and I ask you take it elsewhere...I look forward to you posting in the thread linked here for you.

Have these guys even read the Inspector General's reports regarding the behavior of senior members of the department?  I think their silence on that tells me that either their perspective is horribly skewed or they have significant biases at work. 

Have these guys even read the Inspector General's reports regarding the behavior of senior members of the department?  I think their silence on that tells me that either their perspective is horribly skewed or they have significant biases at work. 
Anyone who can watch the Comey/Wallace interview and not see the political bias in play isn't being honest with themselves.  

Top congressional Republicans issued a joint statement Tuesday in defense of Attorney General Bill Barr, who has faced renewed Democratic calls to step aside after he overruled line prosecutors' nine-year sentencing recommendation for former Trump aide Roger Stone.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., House Republican Leader Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., and Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., emphasized that Barr has the "highest character and unquestionable integrity" – and they said Democrats' efforts to "intimidate" him would fail spectacularly.

“Suggestions from outside groups that the attorney general has fallen short of the responsibilities of his office are unfounded," the Republican leaders wrote, in an apparent shot at Protect Democracy – a left-wing organization that solicited signatures from more than 1,000 ex-DOJ officials to call for Barr's resignation in the guise of a nonpartisan effort.

"The attorney general has shown that he is committed without qualification to securing equal justice under law for all Americans," the statement continued, after noting that Barr had been confirmed by the Senate "four times to positions of the utmost public trust" in his career.

“The American system of government is only as strong as the public servants who are willing to preserve, protect and defend it," the congressional Republicans added. "The nation is fortunate that President Trump chose such a strong and selfless public servant to lead the Department of Justice. We expect that, as always, efforts to intimidate the attorney general will fall woefully short.”

One thing I learned from that link is that Republicans and conservatives are on its organizational masthead, so it's odd there is a need for these three to lie here.
https://www.influencewatch.org/non-profit/protect-democracy-project/

The Protect Democracy Project (PDP) is a left-of-center litigation organization created to oppose the policies of President Donald Trump.

protectdemocracyproject.org

WASHINGTON, DC

Formation:

Type:

Anti-Trump Litigation Organization

Users who are viewing this thread